Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:27:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unmoderated XC thread  (Read 57169 times)
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:33:48 AM

After rev 2 we will have better tech, better Dev's and much better plans for the future.
Ill ask again, how long do you think DRK can stay as a market leader once Rev 2 is released and its competitor has MUCH better technology across the board, a MUCH better Dev, and MUCH better plans for the future?

"MUCH better" is highly debatable imo, when you consider the following timeline:

- XC thought that transferring the actual coins to xnodes was a good idea
- when the trust issue was repeatedly pointed out, it was decided that a "dynamic trust model" would be implemented to fix the issue
- when the flaws in that model were pointed out, it was decided that it's better to follow what DRK did, and implement multisigs so the nodes couldn't steal the coins

It looks to me like XC is following DRK's lead and not the other way around. This can be 100% confirmed after XC announces plans to add collateral.

I donno. I don't see DRK racing to implement anonymous messaging, staking mobile wallet APPs or PoBC.

And those are just the features that have been leaked.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=575013.0

That's all extra fluff on top of the basic functionality (and btw, DRK is not a PoS coin so it doesn't need "staking mobile wallet"). Maybe it would be best for XC to just concentrate on those extra features and fork from DRK if they're gonna follow its lead anyway so they could at least get the fundamentals right. Smiley
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mwalshe89

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:49:27 AM

After rev 2 we will have better tech, better Dev's and much better plans for the future.
Ill ask again, how long do you think DRK can stay as a market leader once Rev 2 is released and its competitor has MUCH better technology across the board, a MUCH better Dev, and MUCH better plans for the future?

"MUCH better" is highly debatable imo, when you consider the following timeline:

- when the trust issue was repeatedly pointed out, it was decided that a "dynamic trust model" would be implemented to fix the issue
- when the flaws in that model were pointed out, it was decided that it's better to follow what DRK did, and implement multisigs so the nodes couldn't steal the coins

It looks to me like XC is following DRK's lead and not the other way around. This can be 100% confirmed after XC announces plans to add collateral.

I donno. I don't see DRK racing to implement anonymous messaging, staking mobile wallet APPs or PoBC.

That's all extra fluff on top of the basic functionality (and btw, DRK is not a PoS coin so it doesn't need "staking mobile wallet"). Maybe it would be best for XC to just concentrate on those extra features and fork from DRK if they're gonna follow its lead anyway so they could at least get the fundamentals right. Smiley

Fundamentals? After Rev 2 our fundamentals will be allot more anon and secure than DRKs. This isn't in question. Even Chaeplin has admitted this

You guys seem to think spending six months to build something which a better Dev can build in six weeks makes your fundamentals better, it doesn't.

Dan has developed world first in technology and spearheaded program's for the likes of IBM.

All because you spend six months writing poorer code doesn't make it any better. To put this in perspective, Evan has taken two months to implement a failed fix for the masternodes, while dan got this working in less than two weeks without a hitch and moved on.

Infact, I'd even argue our fundamentals are even stronger, I mean, how good can your fundamentals be when what was a 'simple' fix has now taken two months to implement, and it has even yet to be done correctly, especially when XC built the entire thing from scratch in less than two weeks without even batting an eyelid.

Seriously, lets not talk about fundamentals. Once Rev 2 is out every single argument about fundamentals you have all posted in this thread goes completely out the window.

So, ill ask again. Name one advantage DRK will have over XC apart from first movers once Rev 2 is released? Just one.
illodin

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:08:51 AM

Fundamentals?

Yes, the fundamentals that for example prevent nodes from stealing the coins. If the "fudsters" didn't point it out XC wouldn't have thought of following DRK's lead and plan to implement multisigs. There's a little bit more to those fundamentals still and we'll see if XC chooses to follow DRK again.
Mwalshe89

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:22:58 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 09:46:14 AM by Mwalshe89

Fundamentals? After Rev 2 our fundamentals will be allot more anon and secure than DRKs. This isn't in question. Even Chaeplin has admitted this

You guys seem to think spending six months to build something which a better Dev can build in six weeks makes your fundamentals better, it doesn't.

Dan has developed world first in technology and spearheaded program's for the likes of IBM.

All because you spend six months writing poorer code doesn't make it any better. To put this in perspective, Evan has taken two months to implement a failed fix for the masternodes, while dan got this working in less than two weeks without a hitch and moved on.

Infact, I'd even argue our fundamentals are even stronger, I mean, how good can your fundamentals be when what was a 'simple' fix has now taken two months to implement, and it has even yet to be done correctly, especially when XC built the entire thing from scratch in less than two weeks without even batting an eyelid.

Seriously, lets not talk about fundamentals. Once Rev 2 is out every single argument about fundamentals you have all posted in this thread goes completely out the window.

So, ill ask again. Name one advantage DRK will have over XC apart from first movers once Rev 2 is released? Just one.

Yes, the fundamentals that for example prevent nodes from stealing the coins. If the "fudsters" didn't point it out XC wouldn't have thought of following DRK's lead and plan to implement multisigs. There's a little bit more to those fundamentals still and we'll see if XC chooses to follow DRK again.

Funny how you forget DRK can have coins stolen aswell. Something which seems to go quietly under the radar here.

And yes, Dan chose a different system after a major community backlash. That still doesn't stop the fact he will have created a much more anon and secure system in the same time it's taken Evan to fix one 'simple' issue.

Are all your arguments after Rev 2 going to be based on things that didnt happen?

I seriously can't wait for Rev 2. I'm going to come here and remind you all everytime you post here that your system is flawed and most importantly, lacks the competence to fix it. Ill probably even head over to the DRK thread just to really push the issue.

Also, I think you all forget when you say XC is just copying DRK system, that DRK just copied Greg Maxwells coinjoin system. You have zero moral standpoint on this whole copying issue. The only difference is Dan is working on actual innovative features, things that have never been done before, while Evan has just got someone else's ideas to function properly, then fails at implementing even the most simple feature on his own.

I understand your fustrations against answering my question of naming one thing after Rev 2 that will make DRK better than XC, It must seriously hurt you guys knowing one guy beat in a few weeks what took DRK six months to build.

Anyways, please.

Answer the question.

One thing DRK will have that will be an improvement on XC after Rev 2?

I've already got about six or seven lined up for why XC is better than DRK once Rev 2 is released, but ill leave them to an infographic I'm gonna pump into the DRK thread everytime anyone even mentions XC.

Fun times.
illodin

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:30:47 AM

Funny how you forget DRK can have coins stolen aswell. Something which seems to go quietly under the radar here.

Because they are completely different things. If you currently transfer coins using XC, the nodes can steal the coins. If you currently transfer coins using DRK, the nodes can NOT steal the coins. I can't believe I have to explain this to you. Are you 15 or just pretending to be? If you're trying to say that hacker can break into a masternode, that's a moot point as there are zero coins in my masternodes, the coins are in cold wallets.

And yes, Dan chose a different system after a major community backlash. That still doesn't stop the fact he will have created a much more anon and secure system in the same time it's taken Evan to fix one 'simple' issue.

Most would probably suspect the competence of someone who plans on doing the mixing by trusting the nodes not to steal. It's good though that he's receiving guidance. But again, would've been probably easier to just fork from DRK instead of making every mistake along the way and ending up following DRK's example anyway.

Anyways, please.

Answer the question.

One thing DRK will have that will be an improvement on XC after Rev 2?

I don't know why I should start answering your questions as unlike you, I've been mainly responding to retarded claims instead of being proactively aggressive. Those who are interested in XC will probably evaluate Rev 2 when it is released and the details are clear.
Mwalshe89

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:04:40 AM

Most would probably suspect the competence of someone who plans on doing the mixing by trusting the nodes not to steal. It's good though that he's receiving guidance. But again, would've been probably easier to just fork from DRK instead of making every mistake along the way and ending up following DRK's example anyway.

He made one mistake, and fixed it. Fair enough.

But why would he fork from DRK when DRK doesn't work? And especially not when we can make a better system seperately? I mean shit, DRK can't even fork from DRK. There is clearly a fundamental problem with how DRK was setup when it takes two months to get a simple feature working.

Not the sort of code you'd want to build off of, not when you can do better yourself.
illodin

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:12:10 AM

There is clearly a fundamental problem with how DRK was setup when it takes two months to get a simple feature working.

What is this simple feature you're referring to?
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:09:53 PM

Edit: DRK coins can currently be stolen

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc3-hard-fork-on-june-20th.1241/

Quote from: eduffield
and supports the hot/cold setup for masternode operators (allowing your money to not be risked at all.).

So, until DRK fixes its fork, all DRK coins transferred through darksend are at risk. That's why the maximum darksend limit is 10, not the bullshit excuse you posted above.

The node money is not any of the concern of those transacting money. It's the node owners responsibility to secure them, just like someone running an xnode can get his wallet emptied.

That's not the transaction money. It's the node's owner's money and they can be hacked/stolen like any other wallet. With cold wallets it will actually be easier to hack an xnode rather than a masternode.

When we say XC is stealing coins, we mean the transactions themselves which are trusted.
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 09:17:42 PM

Hey guys, what's this?

LOL x 2
classic

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
benthach
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 09:18:38 PM

and supports the hot/cold setup for masternode operators (allowing your money to not be risked at all.).

So, until DRK fixes its fork, all DRK coins transferred through darksend are at risk. That's why the maximum darksend limit is 10, not the bullshit excuse you posted above.

The node money is not any of the concern of those transacting money. It's the node owners responsibility to secure them, just like someone running an xnode can get his wallet emptied.

That's not the transaction money. It's the node's owner's money and they can be hacked/stolen like any other wallet. With cold wallets it will actually be easier to hack an xnode rather than a masternode.

When we say XC is stealing coins, we mean the transactions themselves which are trusted.
any proven so or the stealing coins coming out your ass?

acseric

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:21:56 PM

Hey guys, what's this?

Something the proctologist pulled out of your anus?
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:22:28 PM

Roll back several pages and you'll find such a transaction with lost coins. But why are you doubting this? ATCsecure said it himself... as it is right now the system is vulnerable to this type of situation. He WILL fix it in the future.
benthach
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 09:31:19 PM

Roll back several pages and you'll find such a transaction with lost coins. But why are you doubting this? ATCsecure said it himself... as it is right now the system is vulnerable to this type of situation. He WILL fix it in the future.
i've reads all the pages, nothing but scenario craps coming out of 1 person ass. i do see the coin still traceable before 1.5 and after that nothing but crap straight lying nonsense.

benthach
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 09:32:25 PM

Hey guys, what's this?

Something the proctologist pulled out of your anus?
i feel bad for them. twice!

E f f e c T

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:00:12 PM

i've reads all the pages, nothing but scenario craps coming out of 1 person ass. i do see the coin still traceable before 1.5 and after that nothing but crap straight lying nonsense.

+1

This thread is entirely full of DRK shills. They can't take the fact it's over for them shortly

When XC rev 2 comes out they are all fucked,  and too scared to admit it
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:07:08 PM

Can the OP rename this thread to the DRK/XC Pissing Contest?

Then we can open a bounty to see who can piss the farthest and we will all find out if this guy has an btc account

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaJdDpYHvrM

yeah but my coins better than your coin

BINTEX