Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:48:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unmoderated XC thread  (Read 57169 times)
Abinito

Activity: 196
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:37:07 PM

Its not at the moment because of fucking scams like XC. Everything else is a complete fucking rip-off from darkcoin, DarkSend will be too.

Darksend is at heart a basic coin mixer, I thought coin mixers were shit so what's the problem of releasing the source?

Also if there is one ultimate reason to audit the code...is to know that BOTH Evan or Dan aren't fed honey pots

To make something like coinjoin work is problematic for various reasons as it has many weaknesses and requires multiple work-arounds or tradeoffs.

There is a reason why coins that try to do what DRK has done, fail. Libertycoin hired a dev with a bounty and failed. They are assigning it to "chinese software company". XC is just a centralized mixer a la fedoracoin. Who has decentralized mixer? Oh, yes, noone except Darksend.

DarkSend will be opensourced after RC4 + bugfixes. That's the public development plan.

Asic technology company (atcsecure) is racing against the clock. If one cannot code, instead creates fake id to gain some trust, and try to create decentralized coin mixer, what is the chance he can find someone capable doing it? As far as i found, this is nearly impossible in a reasonable timespan...

Conscia mens recti, famae mendacia ridet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:37:25 PM

XC is a shitcoin, plain and simple. The dev made a useless centralized coin mixer, threw in the word "paradigm" a few times, and now he gets to cash in his premine.

LOL... kinda hard to cash in when the premied address is public...

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/address.dws?26.htm

Do you KNOW where the premine/instamine for DRK is?!?!?  HUH?

Couldn't give a shit.

have you seen the number of times this coin has been traded? The volume of trade and the recent highs mean that plenty could have cashed out and know one would care less.

more people have made money trading drk than the original miners who mostly cashed out.

have you seen the darkcoin rich list? nearly all of them recent investors.
Auna

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:37:49 PM

Could someone post the gif of MJ eating popcorn, I feel exactly like it now  Grin
Jacques de Molay

Activity: 339

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:37:58 PM

People asking for a darksend peer review, yeah its not gonna happen, you know why? because unlike your dev, Evan doesn't care about the price at this point in time, or about people talking on forums, hes too busy getting shit done.

Drk hasn't done shit lately at all except whinge piss and moan.  And you know it and so does everyone else, otherwise these threads wouldn't exist, your anger wouldn't exist.

Yes you are that predictably stupid.
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:38:40 PM

Wow look at all the butthurt children around, whats the matter lose some shine on your precious 50% instamined coin ?

Whatever can be used as fud will be.  All it is, is a bunch of he said , she said.  We get it, you are scared, jealous and flat out pissed off that after many many months drk devs havent delivered shit but empty promises and PR.  

Also the Devs of XC will NEVER EVER ask for your wallet.dat but it seems to be kosher for the drk devs to ask for it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg7024511#msg7024511

Mistake or not, people are stupid (if you been reading the drk and xc coin threads where you are bashing each other)

Many people probably fell victim to this "unintentional" scam lately from drk whilst using xc fud to hide the fact.  So not only do the devs want more than 50% from their premine they have potentially duped people into sending them their wallet.dat file.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the mailing list:

Hello,

We're doing research into what caused the blockchain fork and it would
 be incredibly useful if someone by chance still had a daemon on the
 bad fork.

If you do, please zip the ~/.darkcoin folder up and send it to us for
 debugging. We really only need the folders blocks and chainstate.

Thanks!

Darkcoin Team

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Explain that one please ? because that was not a mistake.

Now you just make stuff up? That doesn't request your wallet, IA specifically said later not to send it, and if it was encrypted properly it wouldn't matter anyway. Also, isn't this thread about XC?
ReRunRod

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:38:47 PM

WHERE is the peer review for Darksend?
What code do you suspect Evan of copying?
EXACTLY... He could have copied everything or even have hidden mining code for himself.   Who would know without a PEER REVIEW??

Copied everything? From who? DarkSend was the first decentralized implementation. There was no other. That's precisely how you would know.

DarkSend =/= Open Source, DarkSend =/= Peer Review

Github Wink

Can't make coding without it. Maybe I should link this thread to the Github community about coding.

go for it. put some pressure on to get darksend release.

then you can stuff it in the fucking xc scam and complete the cloning.

the big difference is eduffield knows how to use a repository, so you can check in the public repository what he has done. (darksend is closed source for now) but the dgw alone has proven he is capable of coding.

atcsecure didn't even bother to use a real repository, or he doesn't know how ...

Anonymous blockchain using DarkSend technology (Based on CoinJoin): Beta Testing

https://github.com/philsong/okcoin
majika

Activity: 64
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:39:01 PM

Hey guys.. FYI.. I taken a look at the closed source X11 coin repository and can be summarized here:  http://cryptopump.info/x11-coin-xc-its-secure-and-unique-mixer-implementation/

There were claims that X11 Coin has used parts of the Fedora source more specifically the mixer.cpp section of the source-tree. I have found this to be untrue, as the code is unique to X11

But until the dev maybe releases Revision#2 of XC I can't comment if that will be made public that decision is up to the development team.
Furthermore, I do not have any affiliation with XC. I took a look out of personal interest in crypto dev in general and spotted some eloquent expressions in the codebase with is why I choose to make my findings public.
megges

Activity: 371

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:41:36 PM

EXACTLY... He could have copied everything or even have hidden mining code for himself.   Who would know without a PEER REVIEW??

Copied everything? From who? DarkSend was the first decentralized implementation. There was no other. That's precisely how you would know.

DarkSend =/= Open Source, DarkSend =/= Peer Review

Github Wink

Can't make coding without it. Maybe I should link this thread to the Github community about coding.

go for it. put some pressure on to get darksend release.

then you can stuff it in the fucking xc scam and complete the cloning.

the big difference is eduffield knows how to use a repository, so you can check in the public repository what he has done. (darksend is closed source for now) but the dgw alone has proven he is capable of coding.

atcsecure didn't even bother to use a real repository, or he doesn't know how ...
Was there a fork with dark coin?

think one sec about it, your dev couldn't use a repository but he should be capable of codeing?

about the fork, yes such things can happen if you develope something by yourself ...

btw its just lame to come up with other things if there are arguments against the original claim, and you haven't arguments against it ... just throw something new in the room?! - very grownup

tip me! Tongue XtSrWch1U3BsTBFBHj7acTTzxFo1fy5BMa
CryptoPleb

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:41:47 PM

People asking for a darksend peer review, yeah its not gonna happen, you know why? because unlike your dev, Evan doesn't care about the price at this point in time, or about people talking on forums, hes too busy getting shit done.

Drk hasn't done shit lately at all except whinge piss and moan.  And you know it and so does everyone else, otherwise these threads wouldn't exist, your anger wouldn't exist.

Yes you are that predictably stupid.

When did I mention dark, as in the community? Im talking about the dev, he hasnt been involved at all since hes too busy.
ReRunRod

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:41:52 PM

https://github.com/search?nwo=philsong%2Fokcoin&q=darksend&ref=cmdform&search_target=global&type=Code
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:41:59 PM

Hey guys.. FYI.. I taken a look at the closed source X11 coin repository and can be summarized here:  http://cryptopump.info/x11-coin-xc-its-secure-and-unique-mixer-implementation/

There were claims that X11 Coin has used parts of the Fedora source more specifically the mixer.cpp section of the source-tree. I have found this to be untrue, as the code is unique to X11

But until the dev maybe releases Revision#2 of XC I can't comment if that will be made public that decision is up to the development team.
Furthermore, I do not have any affiliation with XC. I took a look out of personal interest in crypto dev in general and spotted some eloquent expressions in the codebase with is why I choose to make my findings public.

get someone with some trusted history to say that.

reach out to the investor who wanted to pay for an independent auditor to check everything. chances are you've lost him.
Jacques de Molay

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:42:26 PM

Wow look at all the butthurt children around, whats the matter lose some shine on your precious 50% instamined coin ?

Whatever can be used as fud will be.  All it is, is a bunch of he said , she said.  We get it, you are scared, jealous and flat out pissed off that after many many months drk devs havent delivered shit but empty promises and PR.  

Also the Devs of XC will NEVER EVER ask for your wallet.dat but it seems to be kosher for the drk devs to ask for it.

Mistake or not, people are stupid (if you been reading the drk and xc coin threads where you are bashing each other)

Many people probably fell victim to this "unintentional" scam lately from drk whilst using xc fud to hide the fact.  So not only do the devs want more than 50% from their premine they have potentially duped people into sending them their wallet.dat file.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the mailing list:

Hello,

bad fork.

Thanks!

Darkcoin Team

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now you just make stuff up? That doesn't request your wallet, IA specifically said later not to send it, and if it was encrypted properly it wouldn't matter anyway. Also, isn't this thread about XC?

Thread was create by a drk bagholder, its non moderated, dont like ??  gtfo.

I am not making anything up that is a email from drk devs to pool owners,  Drk devs are trying to see who is actually stupid enough to send their wallet.dat without thinking. That is how they are treating you. Thats why you guys are all angry.

its out there this is REAL.

You see that is the difference between xc and drk atm we have facts all you have is hearsay and fud hoping it sticks to the wall.

We know better.
JGCMiner

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:44:00 PM

DarkCoin is opensource -- nothing is forcing you to use the Darksend version of the wallet which is closed source.  Also it needs no peer review, the Darksend version of the wallet WORKS -- it is just not finished. 
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:44:05 PM

XC is a shitcoin, plain and simple. The dev made a useless centralized coin mixer, threw in the word "paradigm" a few times, and now he gets to cash in his premine.

LOL... kinda hard to cash in when the premied address is public...

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/address.dws?26.htm

Do you KNOW where the premine/instamine for DRK is?!?!?  HUH?

Couldn't give a shit.

have you seen the number of times this coin has been traded? The volume of trade and the recent highs mean that plenty could have cashed out and know one would care less.

more people have made money trading drk than the original miners who mostly cashed out.

have you seen the darkcoin rich list? nearly all of them recent investors.

You were the one that said the XC dev cashed in and made a big deal out of it.  Then I tell you that he didn't.

Now, you are saying you don't give a shit.  So, what is it?

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:44:28 PM

Its not at the moment because of fucking scams like XC. Everything else is a complete fucking rip-off from darkcoin, DarkSend will be too.

Darksend is at heart a basic coin mixer, I thought coin mixers were shit so what's the problem of releasing the source?

Also if there is one ultimate reason to audit the code...is to know that BOTH Evan or Dan aren't fed honey pots

To make something like coinjoin work is problematic for various reasons as it has many weaknesses and requires multiple work-arounds or tradeoffs.

There is a reason why coins that try to do what DRK has done, fail. Libertycoin hired a dev with a bounty and failed. They are assigning it to "chinese software company". XC is just a centralized mixer a la fedoracoin. Who has decentralized mixer? Oh, yes, noone except Darksend.

DarkSend will be opensourced after RC4 + bugfixes. That's the public development plan.

Asic technology company (atcsecure) is racing against the clock. If one cannot code, instead creates fake id to gain some trust, and try to create decentralized coin mixer, what is the chance he can find someone capable doing it? As far as i found, this is nearly impossible in a reasonable timespan...

As Anonymint said: Coinjoin is a can of worms to make it work.

Evan has been trying various versions since February and altering the code continuously so that problems arising in one implementation can be fixed in the next one. There is "somewhat" of an experiential knowledge headstart in this department. If XC dev is legit and he tries to do what he promises to do, expect problems of one sort or the other that will need time to get fixed. It's not something that can be done in a week or two. If the price gets ahead of the product, then people will declare it problematic even if it is in active development.
BEECoinfan

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:45:01 PM

I think this thread needs to be retitled the DRK bashing XC thread....

Also With all the XC bashing going on claiming its all copied from DRK, and since there are so many DRK guys in here maybe you can answer these:

Is DRK's Anonymity 100% NSA proof and fully decentralized?

Has any independent review of the code been done to prove its Anonymity is free from vulnerabilities?

How is the Masternode Situation being fixed and what is the timeframe? ie in regards to securing from hacking as well as addressing the networking issues with denial of service attacks and anonymity when participation is either high or low?

If these issues haven't been proven or fixed yet, when both coins are working with a goal of creating 100%NSA proof Anonymity how can one be entirely copied?

That's it from me but why not just go back to supporting whatever coin you support in a Positive way, instead of bashing each others coins (Especially because I hold both)!

NutMasterTardd
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:45:13 PM

XC will be dead in a fortnight, mark my words.

GEO, RLC & QRL.
CryptoPleb

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:45:18 PM

From the mailing list:

Hello,

bad fork.

Thanks!

Darkcoin Team

Thread was create by a drk bagholder, its non moderated, dont like ??  gtfo.

I am not making anything up that is a email from drk devs to pool owners,  Drk devs are trying to see who is actually stupid enough to send their wallet.dat without thinking. That is how they are treating you. Thats why you guys are all angry.

its out there this is REAL.

You see that is the difference between xc and drk atm we have facts all you have is hearsay and fud hoping it sticks to the wall.

We know better.

lol troll less obvious next time
Jacques de Molay

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:45:25 PM

DarkCoin is opensource -- nothing is forcing you to use the Darksend version of the wallet which is closed source.  Also it needs no peer review, the Darksend version of the wallet WORKS -- it is just not finished. 

See the dumbest thing ever written on the forum, why is it ok to go to town on one coin but not the COIN YOU HAVE.

Thats the hypocrisy on the forum at the moment.  
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:45:54 PM

XC = Moderated Thread = Dead Coin
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: