Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:27:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner  (Read 877795 times)
Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 07:29:02 AM

any chance you can spare that bin? or config ?

Smiley

because my 290's are not doing anything atm, when i start new miner to create bin... it stop with error, and i know you know what kind of error we are talking about Smiley

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rux
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 07:57:55 AM

thx wolfy for clearing things like always Wink

its ironic that my 290 are doing aprox 3mhs for quark, while my 280x and 270 goes wohoo

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 08:05:23 AM

its ironic that my 290 are doing aprox 3mhs for quark, while my 280x and 270 goes wohoo

i cant run any of the miners and get any decent quark hashrates due to the lack of linux support ...

even to buy one seems a little too much to ask these days - which is sad ...

edit - apart from the nvidia ones that is ... Smiley ...

#crysx

Rux
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 09:11:36 AM

i cant run any of the miners and get any decent quark hashrates due to the lack of linux support ...

#crysx

i just switched from lin to windows because these things... why u hate win so much? Smiley

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 09:29:16 AM

#crysx

i just switched from lin to windows because these things... why u hate win so much? Smiley

firstly - the cost ...

secondly - the reliability ...

thirdly - the maintenance involved in keeping the os 'stable' ...

i used to do this for a living - infrastructure and networks including soe rollouts and server install and maintenance ...

what a pain ...

some of the linux servers that were installed and run - are STILL running stable and solid ( mainly rhel based systems ) to this day - and we are talking years now ( no lie ) ...

admittedly - they are of the type of servers that do one or two things - and do it VERY well ... just solid systems ...

as for mining - with the infrastructure we have here - windows is too much cost and maintenance and way too 'flaky' in terms of stability to not have linux here ...

its just the limited support - and interest ... it does get to me sometimes ... we can put together a farm ( not just one machine ) to mine - and will continue to do so ...

i have yet to see a windows system do that - let alone be as stable running all the things we do in this network - then throw the farm on top of that ...

some of our servers have been running in excess of a year - bar the power outages ( which linux servers recover VERY well from ) ...

ive done windows ... more to the point - windows has done me ... over and over and over again ...

each os has its pros and cons ... but with linux - its just do it once - do it right ...

unfortunately - like i stated earlier - its the limited support and limited interest in such a profound os like linux ... especially redhat enterprise linux based systems ( rhel ) ...

ok - said enough i think Tongue ...

#crysx

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 09:40:14 AM

just to add a little to the offtopic... linux support is currently outstanding compared to what it was when I started using it, in 1993! ;-)
so, a great improvement and counting.
it's the most widespread operating system for a reason; it just doesn't have the desktop crown (yet).
in this specific case, it's just that most miners are using windows: if we all start using linux, miner developers wouldn't care to do the win versions and they would also save time and resources.

Eliovp
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293

Huh?

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 09:43:09 AM

#crysx

firstly - the cost ...

i used to do this for a living - infrastructure and networks including soe rollouts and server install and maintenance ...

what a pain ...

some of the linux servers that were installed and run - are STILL running stable and solid ( mainly rhel based systems ) to this day - and we are talking years now ( no lie ) ...

admittedly - they are of the type of servers that do one or two things - and do it VERY well ... just solid systems ...

as for mining - with the infrastructure we have here - windows is too much cost and maintenance and way too 'flaky' in terms of stability to not have linux here ...

its just the limited support - and interest ... it does get to me sometimes ... we can put together a farm ( not just one machine ) to mine - and will continue to do so ...

i have yet to see a windows system do that - let alone be as stable running all the things we do in this network - then throw the farm on top of that ...

some of our servers have been running in excess of a year - bar the power outages ( which linux servers recover VERY well from ) ...

ive done windows ... more to the point - windows has done me ... over and over and over again ...

each os has its pros and cons ... but with linux - its just do it once - do it right ...

unfortunately - like i stated earlier - its the limited support and limited interest in such a profound os like linux ... especially redhat enterprise linux based systems ( rhel ) ...

#crysx
Can't agree more..

Also still on X11 over here, not interested in changing to windows..

We'll see how long this all lasts..

Rux
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 09:49:14 AM

guys im not saying win is better from lin... apart from that!!

im lin user to, but with some of my rigs its just easier to reinstall win and setup, and do that whenever it goes dead... rather than wait for some bin-configs for linux that does not work atm Smiley

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 10:08:15 AM

just to add a little to the offtopic... linux support is currently outstanding compared to what it was when I started using it, in 1993! ;-)
so, a great improvement and counting.
it's the most widespread operating system for a reason; it just doesn't have the desktop crown (yet).
in this specific case, it's just that most miners are using windows: if we all start using linux, miner developers wouldn't care to do the win versions and they would also save time and resources.

well said mate ...

though i think that with the whole linux scene being the way it is - its going to accelerate over the next few years ...

why do you think microsoft are giving a free UPGRADE to those who have windows 7 and 8 already installed? ...

this means you still are required to purchase - just that you upgrade for free ...

in any case ... i started almost around the same time ... and slackware was still the king back then Wink ...

development is usually in linux THEN ported to windows for a lot of these apps ... but the same goes with a lot of apps that are windows based THEN ported to linux ... eventually Wink ...

which ever way it goes - devs and app makers alike really need to have the ability ( and the facilities ) to be able to port any app to any os ...

now THATS freedom of choice ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 10:10:54 AM

#crysx

firstly - the cost ...

what a pain ...

#crysx
Can't agree more..

Also still on X11 over here, not interested in changing to windows..

We'll see how long this all lasts..

our whole farm is x11 biased ( not because granitecoin is an x11 mining coin - of course not ) ... Wink ...

but being biased toward one algo and not another does limit us ...

thats why it would be SO good to be able to change at a whim - automatically - in any os ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 10:20:55 AM

guys im not saying win is better from lin... apart from that!!

im lin user to, but with some of my rigs its just easier to reinstall win and setup, and do that whenever it goes dead... rather than wait for some bin-configs for linux that does not work atm Smiley

i seriously wasnt attacking you in asking that mate ...

you asked WHY - i explained ...

and rambled ... :| ...

it actually is easier to install linux and the compile the miner than to re-install windows in my humble opinion ...

takes no more than 30mins to do a complete install of a worker ( intel or amd ) with 6 cards ( amd or nvidia ) - including the compilation and installation of the miner ( in this case ccminer-spmod ) ...

fedora 19 or fedora 20 - which are the operating systems we use here ...

like wolf said to me a while back when i first came out of the shadows watching - into the playing field - that cuda has been done to death ... especially x11 - though there is still some optimizations to be had ...

then catalyst drivers had issues and cuda wasnt as proactive as it is today and the maintainer dropped the catalyst drivers from the repo in fedora 20 ... etc etc etc ...

the manufacturers develop windows based drivers first THEN port ( linux / osx ) - as far as i know ...

so there are a few devs that will still hammer away at improvement for amd ( wolf - djm34 for example ) ...

would be really nice to see an even playing field ( as far as development is concerned ) for linux ...

#crysx

the farm still has 23 x gigabyte 280x oc cards in it ... but i wont move them off fedora 19 x64 - yet ... which

lbr

Activity: 423
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 11:49:44 AM

the manufacturers develop windows based drivers first THEN port ( linux / osx ) - as far as i know ...

What's even more troubling is that they(AMD) apparently use different compilation time optimizations.
I've looked at driver part disassembly from *nix and win and in my case win driver clearly was much more optimized - some useless IFs were not present and some calculations were done compile-time. It looked like -O0 on *nix. Weird.
This is ridiculous even for me(I do prefer win if I have a choice).

BTC: 18ozhbkfHneX8tnPgHJuTizyBmspM5Vgpa  LTC: LgVc7KdedPGZyDXHXEH9G7z6AoTmTvDdWb
cgminer 2.11.13 x64 portable for Mac OS X 10.6.8
6+ GPUs driver mod for Windows
Thirtybird

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 01:20:24 PM

#crysx

In the datacenter we are decomissioning, we have several Windows 2000 servers still left in operation, at least one of which was actually installed in 2000.  It's running IIS and custom web packages, and was still in use as of last month.  Any OS can be stable

YACMiner: https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner  N-Factor information : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
BTC: 183eSsaxG9y6m2ZhrDhHueoKnZWmbm6jfC  YAC: Y4FKiwKKYGQzcqn3M3u6mJoded6ri1UWHa
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 01:29:29 PM

#crysx

In the datacenter we are decomissioning, we have several Windows 2000 servers still left in operation, at least one of which was actually installed in 2000.  It's running IIS and custom web packages, and was still in use as of last month.  Any OS can be stable

good old 2000 ... i liked that version the best ...

im not so much talking 'just' single operation servers ... im saying turning windows into a 'miner' - let alone a farm component ...

the things that installing ANY windows in a mining environment is more than i ( or almost anyone i know that does farming ) is willing to tackle ...

ive worked in datacenters where some of the systems were still running xp Smiley ... but they were doing 1 or 2 things that required little effort from a server ...

mining ( and building the farm ) is by far the most intensive build i have done in a very long time - and that includes rolling out server and desktop systems for american express those many years ago ...

stable - not quite ...

though i do agree with you that if its only doing something as 'simple' ( and i dont mean that any of it simple - but compared to the stresses that the equipment gets put under in mining ) like data services or staorage and iis - most os's can do that ...

as far as rock solid stability goes with mining - windows is a flake ...

tried it - done it - dumped it ... next! ... linux ... and the farm is still rock solid ...

not as oc'd as the windows based environments are - but that will change as time progresses ...

the issue is support ... when linux gets the support that it deserves - then there wont be much else in its way ...

#crysx

lbr

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 01:44:57 PM

In the datacenter we are decomissioning, we have several Windows 2000 servers still left in operation, at least one of which was actually installed in 2000.  It's running IIS and custom web packages, and was still in use as of last month.  Any OS can be stable

Live atm.
C:\>systeminfo | find /i "install date"
Original Install Date:     11.08.2009, 14:33:04
In operation much earlier, but was only partially restored(on clean install) from catastrophic HDD failure.

2k3 - DC, TFS, IIS/Apache, SMTP, DNS, MS/My SQL, RDP, multihomed 3x.

Tho.. ofc.. if u have hands growing out of the ass u can screw up even iOS.

BTC: 18ozhbkfHneX8tnPgHJuTizyBmspM5Vgpa  LTC: LgVc7KdedPGZyDXHXEH9G7z6AoTmTvDdWb
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 01:49:39 PM

Let's not start another linux vs win OT. I know by experience that it's pointless, it's like android vs iphone ;-)

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 01:51:02 PM

Live atm.
C:\>systeminfo | find /i "install date"
Original Install Date:     11.08.2009, 14:33:04
In operation much earlier, but was only partially restored(on clean install) from catastrophic HDD failure.

2k3 - DC, TFS, IIS/Apache, SMTP, DNS, MS/My SQL, RDP, multihomed 3x.

Tho.. ofc.. if u have hands growing out of the ass u can screw up even iOS.

hahaha ... so true ...

though i think you really need to be either really stupid - or know what the hell you are doing to screw that up Wink ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 01:52:35 PM

Let's not start another linux vs win OT. I know by experience that it's pointless, it's like android vs iphone ;-)

only posting experiences ... thats all mate ...

ive had very bad ones with windows and hair pulling and frustrating but satisfying ones with linux ...

there - its out now ...

where was that linux version of the optimized quark miner again? ...

Wink ...

#crysx

lbr

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 01:57:27 PM

ive worked in datacenters where some of the systems were still running xp Smiley ... but they were doing 1 or 2 things that required little effort from a server ...
Oo oO
This is fun ; )

Planes running Java with GC kicking in at any time..

*nix vs win, opensource vs prop., .net vs java is so much fun ; )

jtan1ph

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 05:31:32 PM

Hoping they release soon Quark miner optimized for 290x...
Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: