Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:50:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner  (Read 877795 times)
rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 07:14:54 AM

2 dashminer

With amd 290 and quark performance near 15mhs (that is real with kachur miner) you'll get 0.006 btc per day on nicehash. The pool with clear stats, reputation and payout in btc. You'll need to pay near 0.008 btc per amd290 to get miners )))
And i'm sure your miner is not fastest in x11 algo )))
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dashminer
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 08:39:51 AM

2 dashminer

With amd 290 and quark performance near 15mhs (that is real with kachur miner) you'll get 0.006 btc per day on nicehash. The pool with clear stats, reputation and payout in btc. You'll need to pay near 0.008 btc per amd290 to get miners )))
And i'm sure your miner is not fastest in x11 algo )))

Hi rednoW!

Thanks for the info.
Yes, I've heard there is a lot of interest in SharkCoin with the Quark algo.
Unfortunately, my miner does not support it. I thought about adding Quark, but the profitability was too small. Now I am thinking that my decision was wrong.
Perhaps I'll add it. My only fear is that by the time I add it, the SAK interest would be gone.

Also, my miner does not support Lyra2 or scrypt-n. I've heard that you can get some good profits on those.

As I mentioned before, it is hard to compete with nicehash or rig rentals. Because some people are ready to pay really high BTC even when their earnings are going to be less than what they paid for hash.

But still, there are a lot of X11 miners. There are a lot of miners on conventional DASH pools. Those are not multipools. Their income is less than what I am paying.

There will always be miners who follow the latest trends, mine newest coins even before they hit exchanges, etc. They get the most profit usually.

But there are other miners who just do it for fun and perhaps they want to support their coin. What I am doing is for them...

My pool is called "DashMiner" and I am supporting DASH community with 1% of earnings to DASH donation address. I strongly believe that I can offer at least 10% more DASH per day to DASH miners. What's bad in this?

Thanks!
dashminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 08:53:21 AM

To developers...

If you have some custom kernels that are faster than publicly available ones... Please talk to me and I can either buy it for BTC or pay you some % from total pool earnings.
This can all be discussed.

You are spending a lot of time developing kernels, this can be rewarded.

I want my pool to have the best payouts to my miners. I don't want people to somehow cheat into using my pool. I want them to come by themselves and be happy of what they are earning. And yes, I want to earn from it myself.

I understand that there are a lot of people who think everything needs to be shared, opensource rulez, etc. I am not one of them.
I believe in capitalism. I am ready to compete with other pools.

Thanks!

smolen

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:46:33 PM

the miner works with dashminer.com multipool only
Very interesting, watching.
Before anyone asks - no, that's not me Smiley

I know that - not me either. You can tell cause it's on GitHub, and looks like code from SG was used.
not me either, otherwise I would have played the sock puppet  Grin

So much negativity, but well... What can you expect from bitcointalk.

Not negativity. Curiosity. I want to see how this scheme will work or how will it fail.

Of course I gave you bad advice. Good one is way out of your price range.
badman74

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:17:48 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2015, 03:11:33 PM by badman74

I know that - not me either. You can tell cause it's on GitHub, and looks like code from SG was used.
not me either, otherwise I would have played the sock puppet  Grin

Not negativity. Curiosity. I want to see how this scheme will work or how will it fail.

I am trying out this pool just for the fun of it....
It looks like they are actually paying about .2 dash/day on a 290x.
What happened to .4 dash/day?

edit:
Hmm now my diff is set at 8 and I haven't found a share in almost 2 hours...
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:25:12 PM

Hijacking a competitor thread... yet another low in cryptocurrency folks standard.
dashminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 07:59:58 PM

edit:

Thanks for trying out the pool.

0.2 DASH/day is what is shown in miner software. Current promotion is "double payout". So you will get 0.4 DASH/day.

> Hmm now my diff is set at 8 and I haven't found a share in almost 2 hours...
dashminer.com sets share difficulty pretty low (around 0.1) with a target of 3 seconds for low reject ratio. There's no way to get to diff 8.
dashminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 08:01:44 PM

Hijacking a competitor thread... yet another low in cryptocurrency folks standard.

I hear you.

But everybody replies in this thread, not in dashminer's thread. And so I have to also reply here.
smolen

Activity: 524

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 08:53:58 PM

Interesting. If Dashminer gets good, fast X11 kernel, Dash community will have to react to avoid mining monopolization, 51% attack, masternode discrimination and all such things. They can put bold bounty for even faster kernel and/or DDOS dashminer pool. Or coordinate block withholding attack against the pool. Seems that with open sourced miner with open protocol and PPS payout from the pool it's impossible to countermeasure this attack, so Dashminer will have to close the protocol, which is almost impossible without closing miner sources. Which will violate GPL, because it's sgminer after all.
All this is pure speculation, of course, I'm watching how it will play out Smiley

Of course I gave you bad advice. Good one is way out of your price range.
badman74

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 09:08:22 PM

edit:

0.2 DASH/day is what is shown in miner software. Current promotion is "double payout". So you will get 0.4 DASH/day.

dashminer.com sets share difficulty pretty low (around 0.1) with a target of 3 seconds for low reject ratio. There's no way to get to diff 8.
Don't ask me how that happened.... but for 3 or 4 hours it was giving me diff 8
If you can look at the shares I got at least 2 diff 8 shares in that time.
OrientA

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 01:29:38 PM

Interesting. If Dashminer gets good, fast X11 kernel, Dash community will have to react to avoid mining monopolization, 51% attack, masternode discrimination and all such things. They can put bold bounty for even faster kernel and/or DDOS dashminer pool. Or coordinate block withholding attack against the pool. Seems that with open sourced miner with open protocol and PPS payout from the pool it's impossible to countermeasure this attack, so Dashminer will have to close the protocol, which is almost impossible without closing miner sources. Which will violate GPL, because it's sgminer after all.
All this is pure speculation, of course, I'm watching how it will play out Smiley

No need - develop a better miner than SG. Really, using it was probably done just to speed up pool opening.

Yes. Develop a better open source sg.
jaitor

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:32:06 PM

Hi,

I've been a little bit disconnected from mining lately due to hard work.

I am getting 6,7Mhs with sgminer 4.2.1 in each Gigabyte R9 280x. Is it a good performance right now?

I write my config just in case can help to someone with lower hashrates:

Code:
"failover-only" : true,
"kernel" : "x11mod",
"gpu-fan" : 70,
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"gpu-engine" : "1100",
"gpu-memclock" : "1500",
"gpu-powertune" : "20",
"intensity" : "19",
"temp-target" : "75",
"temp-overheat" : "80",
"temp-cutoff" : "85",
"worksize" : "64",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"shaders" : "2048",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192",
"log-file" : "output.log",
"show-coindiff" : true,
"failover-switch-delay" : "10",
"hamsi-expand-big" : "7",
"hamsi-short" : true,
"extranonce-subscription" : "true",
"no-submit-stale" : "true"
dhsc19

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:50:26 PM

edit:

Looks on par for me.  Just received 0.00324 BTC after 24hrs on Dashminer.  That's on an 280X generating at 81%.

However, currently WITHOUT Wolf's bin, I'm generating roughly 0.0017 BTC a day at best on Westhash.  Now, after promotion and payout goes back down to 0.2 DASH/day (0.002 estimated BTC equivalent) my payout from Dashminer will be estimated at 0.00162 BTC a day.  If your miner is better than Wolf's but I'm generating the roughly the same payout elsewhere WITHOUT Wolf's bin, I guessing you are profiting the extra hash since I'm not necessarily benefiting from it.  I do find the "we have a fast mining kernel" and the claim that it is better than Wolf's (on the Dashminer thread) marketing strategy interesting because if the statement is true, it actually has no relevance to the miner because, in reality, they don't benefit from it...you do.  I'm not saying that's necessarily bad, it is capitalism after all...I just find the psychology behind it interesting.
dashminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 09:02:42 PM

edit:

Looks on par for me.  Just received 0.00324 BTC after 24hrs on Dashminer.  That's on an 280X generating at 81%.

However, currently WITHOUT Wolf's bin, I'm generating roughly 0.0017 BTC a day at best on Westhash.  Now, after promotion and payout goes back down to 0.2 DASH/day (0.002 estimated BTC equivalent) my payout from Dashminer will be estimated at 0.00162 BTC a day.  If your miner is better than Wolf's but I'm generating the roughly the same payout elsewhere WITHOUT Wolf's bin, I guessing you are profiting the extra hash since I'm not necessarily benefiting from it.  I do find the "we have a fast mining kernel" and the claim that it is better than Wolf's (on the Dashminer thread) marketing strategy interesting because if the statement is true, it actually has no relevance to the miner because, in reality, they don't benefit from it...you do.  I'm not saying that's necessarily bad, it is capitalism after all...I just find the psychology behind it interesting.

Yes, your logic is correct for the most part.

However, I'd like to mention these items:

* the 0.2 DASH per 100% (which is currently 0.4 DASH with the promotion) base rate can be changed at any time. It can become higher or lower. This is all business. For example, about 10 hours ago X11 mining was more profitable than it is now.

* I don't know when the promotion will end, haven't decided yet. Currently the pool has about 120mhs of X11 and it is pretty hard to guesstimate the baserate from such low hash. The income is very jumpy (time between blocks is large). I feel that with 0.4 DASH per 100% I can get miners and that's what I am doing (even though looks like I am paying out more than I am earning).

* I am planning to seriously compete with other multipools and I want people to come to my pool and I want them to be happy with their earnings

* My software can switch algorithms, so it is not always X11. It can be X13 for example, so this is getting some extra profit as well.

* Yes, my kernel is faster than Wolf's leaked bins. I am not sure how it competes with his private bins though. And even though it is faster, do you think it is faster like 50% or more??? I wish it was true...

* All multipools take relatively high % from miners, usually 2% - 7%. It's just my payment strategy is different. And I think it may be very compelling to some miners who don't care about megahashes, different coin launches, different miners etc... They just want to mine some BTC and they want it to be simple, yet profitable. This is my offering.

A personal question: A few posts ago there was a claim that you can mine Quark for about 2X or 3X the profit, why are you not mining Quark?

Thanks
dhsc19

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 09:54:15 PM

edit:

Yes, your logic is correct for the most part.

However, I'd like to mention these items:

* the 0.2 DASH per 100% (which is currently 0.4 DASH with the promotion) base rate can be changed at any time. It can become higher or lower. This is all business. For example, about 10 hours ago X11 mining was more profitable than it is now.

* I don't know when the promotion will end, haven't decided yet. Currently the pool has about 120mhs of X11 and it is pretty hard to guesstimate the baserate from such low hash. The income is very jumpy (time between blocks is large). I feel that with 0.4 DASH per 100% I can get miners and that's what I am doing (even though looks like I am paying out more than I am earning).

* I am planning to seriously compete with other multipools and I want people to come to my pool and I want them to be happy with their earnings

* My software can switch algorithms, so it is not always X11. It can be X13 for example, so this is getting some extra profit as well.

* Yes, my kernel is faster than Wolf's leaked bins. I am not sure how it competes with his private bins though. And even though it is faster, do you think it is faster like 50% or more??? I wish it was true...

* All multipools take relatively high % from miners, usually 2% - 7%. It's just my payment strategy is different. And I think it may be very compelling to some miners who don't care about megahashes, different coin launches, different miners etc... They just want to mine some BTC and they want it to be simple, yet profitable. This is my offering.

A personal question: A few posts ago there was a claim that you can mine Quark for about 2X or 3X the profit, why are you not mining Quark?

Thanks

I've let WestHash auto-algo-switching take care of it for me.  I've calculated my GPU's hashing factors and I've found that in some cases it falls short from their estimated factor.  So, sometimes even the current most profitable algo isn't the most profitable for me because my GPU is much better at hashing a different algo.  Nevertheless, I like your current offer and the first 24h payout looked good.  So, I'm over to Dashminer in the meantime Cheesy
rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 07:47:16 AM

Hi,

I've been a little bit disconnected from mining lately due to hard work.

I am getting 6,7Mhs with sgminer 4.2.1 in each Gigabyte R9 280x. Is it a good performance right now?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=632503.msg11678818#msg11678818
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=632503.msg11680636#msg11680636

the miner is sgminer 5.1.1 from cryptomining blog or elsewere.
Bin is here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4flkNGCHIGFd09ON1Q2N0c1VFU/view?usp=sharing
Try it, maybe it will do better ...
Sapfon

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 07:59:56 AM

Hey guys,
Is there a way to make miner restart every 4h or so ? For some reason everything works well but at some point my miner just gets "stuck". Work available from the pools, resuming showing and nothing happens after that. When I check the pool, hashrate goes to 0. After I restart miner, everything works for 4-7h again. Temperatures etc are all good and below 75C.

I found this post, would it work with sgminer ?
http://cryptomining-blog.com/2831-simple-script-to-restart-your-miner-software-after-a-given-period-of-time/
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 08:46:02 AM

Hey guys,
Is there a way to make miner restart every 4h or so ? For some reason everything works well but at some point my miner just gets "stuck". Work available from the pools, resuming showing and nothing happens after that. When I check the pool, hashrate goes to 0. After I restart miner, everything works for 4-7h again. Temperatures etc are all good and below 75C.

I found this post, would it work with sgminer ?
http://cryptomining-blog.com/2831-simple-script-to-restart-your-miner-software-after-a-given-period-of-time/

we had that same issue when i tested one windows system with sgminer ...

no script to restart the miner really worked efficiently enough due the lock up of the drivers ( hence one of the reasons we stick to linux ) ...

due to the system being a miner only - we opted to have the machine restart / reboot ...

using a simple batch file - we got the entire system to reboot at a set interval every time it started ...

that batch file you have researched should work by substituting sgminer and command switches - but we felt that the reboot was the most economical to pursue ... especially if the amd / nvidia drivers themselves were the reason the miner stopped mining properly - which was our issue ...

no doubt - we reverted back to linux ... BUT ...

if you have the miner running in a batch - simply place the batch in the startup folder of windows and add the line ( right at the beginning of the batch file ) - c:\windows\system32\shutdown -r -f -t 7270 ... or place that in a separate batch file and place that batch file in the startup folder also ...

-r = reboot ...
-f = force ...
-t xxx = time for reboot in seconds ...

so our example says to windows to force a reboot every 2hours ( and a bit ) ...

very basic and patchy - and not as elegant as the script level batch you have researched - but very effective ...

might be an idea for you ... or give you an idea for a better way ...

hope it has Smiley ...

#crysx

Sapfon

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 01:47:43 PM

You Sir, do Sir, just made my day. Works like a dream Smiley
jch9678

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 02:15:04 PM

You Sir, do Sir, just made my day. Works like a dream Smiley

cgwatcher is another option for you, it can do that and more.

BTC: 15GqpmqNNJ1REWrDWTfymh7moos1sEvz7A
Pages: « 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: