Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:09:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner  (Read 877795 times)
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 09:53:38 AM

Looks like an improved version of srcxxx pool.
Dashminer == srcxxx?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dashminer
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 10:38:07 AM

Just to clarify as I had a few people asking the same...

* the miner works with dashminer.com multipool only. We pay in BTC and DASH. No registration necessary.
There is a base payout (similar to PPS) + bonus (which depends on luck).

* if you are mining DASH on a normal pool and have AMD hardware, then it is a no brainer to switch to our pool. We even have a special promo: "DashMiner.com  payout promo for non-multipool $DASH miners: we will beat your current income by at least 10% guaranteed!".

* If you are mining some other coins / algorithms... Then just compare your daily profit with ours (0.004 BTC for R9 290, 0.0035 for R9 280X, 0.002 BTC for R9 270X) and see for yourself.

* megahashes are not displayed, as this is a algorithm-switching miner. So at one point it is mining X11, at another point it is X15. Speed is different, but % are the same and that's what we're showing.

* miner is open source, code on github

PS: screenshot (notice speed in % and DASH per day)

Thanks
winmkx

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 10:58:17 AM

https://i.imgur.com/d63nURd.png

Just to clarify as I had a few people asking the same...

* the miner works with dashminer.com multipool only. We pay in BTC and DASH. No registration necessary.
There is a base payout (similar to PPS) + bonus (which depends on luck).

* if you are mining DASH on a normal pool and have AMD hardware, then it is a no brainer to switch to our pool. We even have a special promo: "DashMiner.com  payout promo for non-multipool $DASH miners: we will beat your current income by at least 10% guaranteed!".

* If you are mining some other coins / algorithms... Then just compare your daily profit with ours (0.004 BTC for R9 290, 0.0035 for R9 280X, 0.002 BTC for R9 270X) and see for yourself.

* megahashes are not displayed, as this is a algorithm-switching miner. So at one point it is mining X11, at another point it is X15. Speed is different, but % are the same and that's what we're showing.

* miner is open source, code on github

PS: screenshot (notice speed in % and DASH per day)

http://dashminer.com/wp-content/uploads/dashminer.png

Thanks

I am mining on this pool for a few days now. Payout is pretty good. Detailed web statistics is only for the last hour, but it is fine.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 11:20:12 AM

lol... to the newbie account testimony... so it is that bad that they have to have a sock puppet account  Grin
hashrate in %  Roll Eyes

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 12:27:18 PM

lol... to the newbie account testimony... so it is that bad that they have to have a sock puppet account  Grin
hashrate in %  Roll Eyes

percentage of what? ... the 'maybe' hashrate of a 290x ? ...

if anything is to be based on any percentage of anything - at least put in the base HASHRATE of the 290x THEN the percentage of THAT hashrate ...

which is all too confusing anyway ...

no tanx - we will stick to the devs that we know and trust ...

and donate to them ourselves - or through the donation links that are being setup at the moment - which we make NOTHING out of ...

especially percentages of a piece of hardware ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 12:34:03 PM

hashrate in %  Roll Eyes

if anything is to be based on any percentage of anything - at least put in the base HASHRATE of the 290x THEN the percentage of THAT hashrate ...

and donate to them ourselves - or through the donation links that are being setup at the moment - which we make NOTHING out of ...

#crysx

What would it matter if they put in base hashrate of 290X? You can make up a number that makes the percentages work, and for all intents and purposes, that's it.
They simply want the user to not know what algorithm they're mining.

thats what i mean wolf ...

if you are going to start throwing figures and percentages around - at least try and make it factual and believable ...

there are so many holes in that advert that i could stick a centipedes legs through it and turn it onto a jumper ...

there is nothing remotely solid about what they have advertized ... nothing ...

as djm said also - a newbie backing a newbie ... wow - i didnt see that coming ...

did you? ... Wink ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 12:48:13 PM

hashrate in %  Roll Eyes

#crysx

What would it matter if they put in base hashrate of 290X? You can make up a number that makes the percentages work, and for all intents and purposes, that's it.
They simply want the user to not know what algorithm they're mining.

thats what i mean wolf ...

if you are going to start throwing figures and percentages around - at least try and make it factual and believable ...

there are so many holes in that advert that i could stick a centipedes legs through it and turn it onto a jumper ...

there is nothing remotely solid about what they have advertized ... nothing ...

as djm said also - a newbie backing a newbie ... wow - i didnt see that coming ...

did you? ... Wink ...

#crysx

Newbies back newbies all the time - it's also transparent as glass. But - people put a lot of faith in "accountability" information that can easily be gamed; if this dude can consistently pay better than most or all algos, and it's a good pool (that is, has excellent uptime, support, etc), then hell, I'd mine there.

i would only ever test for a short while to see - with only ONE card ( as the results are scalable according to the percentages ) ... then publish the results ...

its just me being wary of 'too good to be true' scenarios ...

we stay with our heads above water because of the fire that burned us when we first started ...

i personally cant see how this is a good deal ...

maybe im just too jaded with it all and stick to what i know ...

damn - never thought i would say that :| ...

#crysx

smolen

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 01:07:18 PM

the miner works with dashminer.com multipool only
Very interesting, watching.
Before anyone asks - no, that's not me Smiley

Of course I gave you bad advice. Good one is way out of your price range.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 02:32:47 PM

I know that - not me either. You can tell cause it's on GitHub, and looks like code from SG was used.
not me either, otherwise I would have played the sock puppet  Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 02:51:51 PM

ummm ... not me either ...

because ... ummm ...

its just not - ok ...

Wink ...

#crysx

smolen

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 03:09:15 PM

its just not - ok ...
That's just anonymous mining of unknown coin by undisclosed kernel with anonymous payouts and it is not OK. Hmm, some ethical issues are ahead, I warn you - anonymous microbiology is already here, I guess anonymous Navier-Stokes to come next. [/irony]

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 03:15:41 PM

its just not - ok ...
That's just anonymous mining of unknown coin by undisclosed kernel with anonymous payouts and it is not OK. Hmm, some ethical issues are ahead, I warn you - anonymous microbiology is already here, I guess anonymous Navier-Stokes to come next. [/irony]

hehehe ...

we wont be touching the pool unless the 'boys' in the know ( yes - that is you guys ) give the all clear ...

simple philosophy for us ...

#crysx

rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:02:58 PM

I guess anonymous Navier-Stokes to come next.

wow, maybe you can help me? What is the best gpu solver for pressure correction equation for 3d uncompressed navier stokes?
smolen

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:08:30 PM

I guess anonymous Navier-Stokes to come next.

wow, maybe you can help me? What is the best gpu solver for pressure correction equation for 3d uncompressed navier stokes?
I didn't touched it personally (but that would be a great task to work on). Heard a rumor that one small Russian company outperformed ANSYS, so aerodynamics just jumped into my mind Smiley

rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:18:26 PM

I didn't touched it personally (but that would be a great task to work on). Heard a rumor that one small Russian company outperformed ANSYS, so aerodynamics just jumped into my mind Smiley
I see ... I have some convergence problems here ... I tried both nvidia amgx and paralution but with mixed results. Maybe it's a model problem (((
smolen

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:24:45 PM

I see ... I have some convergence problems here ... I tried both nvidia amgx and paralution but with mixed results. Maybe it's a model problem (((
I can only mumble "aggrh.. umm... try a smaller model... may be physical modelling will be cheaper..." Smiley

jch9678

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:32:58 PM

Hello AMD GPU miners!

I know you are all looking for better income and faster kernels...

Our algorithm switching multipool dashminer.com with BTC and DASH payouts makes it easy for you to get the most income from your hardware.

We already have an optimized kernel built in (it is faster than Wolf's leaked BINs). So you no longer need to search for a faster driver or download binaries.
Our custom open source miner (based on sph-sgminer) is very simple to tweak (as we removed most parameters and you just need to set intensity and overclocking params) and it even shows your daily income in DASH. It also shows speed not in megahashes but rather in % of R9 290. This way we can keep this value constant when we switch to a different algorithm (as all algos have different speeds in megahashes)

With our current promotion you would be earning 0.4 DASH per day or approximately 0.004 BTC per day (if you are paid in BTC) per each AMD R9 290 (R9 280X is about 85% of that, R9 270X is 50% and so on).
If this is a good price for you, please join DashMiner.com asap!
Note: Our pool only works with AMD GPUs. Nvidia or CPUs are not supported.

* Excellent profits: we quickly add new coins, we have a fast mining kernel, we can switch between coins and algorithms.
* Custom miner software optimized for speed and simplicity. No need to install special drivers, search for faster kernels or fiddle with parameters for sgminer. Just install and start mining. Our miner also shows you base rate payout in DASH so you know how much to expect.
* We pay miners once a day. Payouts are in BTD and DASH.
* No registration is required, just your wallet address.
* We have a unique payouts scheme: there is a base rate plus bonus (bonus depends on pool luck, coin prices, etc) . You will never receive a payout which is less than the base rate, unlike other multipools where sometimes you’re getting extra low payment (because of bad luck, wrong fork or something like that).
* We have 3 high performance stratum servers: San Francisco, New York and Amsterdam. We will add more servers if there are enough miners.
* We support DASH community by paying 1% of DASH miner profits to DASH donation address (XpAy7r5RVdGLnnjWNKuB9EUDiJ5Tje9GZ8).

This is DashMiner.com BitcoinTalk thread. Feel free to post there directly instead of polluting this thread.

PS: Kernel developers... If you have something interesting that is not publicly available - please contact us and we will make you an offer that you cannot refuse :-)

Thank you
dashminer.com

How are you guys any different than wepaybtc.com? Same Miner concept and almost same server locations. Even with your promotion going on, nicehash is equal to if not more than your payout.  The bin that you have is of no consequence to miners because your payout does not depend on speed. In fact if you have a higher speed bin than wolf0 but are paying out the same as nicehash then you are the only one profiting from the bin. I think you need to increase the payout to get miners to move over, especially when your promotion ends.

BTC: 15GqpmqNNJ1REWrDWTfymh7moos1sEvz7A
dashminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 02:53:44 AM

I know that - not me either. You can tell cause it's on GitHub, and looks like code from SG was used.

So much negativity, but well... What can you expect from bitcointalk.

What's funny is that people criticizing have not even tried the pool and/or the software.

I don't know why you are so hung up on some person saying that he tried the pool.
The pool currently has about 10 miners. If all of them posted here would you be more happy?
Do you think that I am scamming you to mine for one day and not receive any payout? Something like that?
BTW, "notsofast" tried it and even twitted about it. I think he is a well known miner.

As for payouts... it is really hard to compete with mining rig rentals. And I know that sometimes people pay crazy prices to mine some new coin that is going to be completely forgotten a few months later.

But if you are mining DASH on a pool, then we definitely can give you a boost in the amount of DASH coins you receive per day.
You can compare our payouts with others on poolpicker.

If you have some constructive questions - please do ask them. But I think just saying bad things about stuff that you have no idea about is just not fair.

Thanks
dashminer
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 04:42:12 AM

What's funny is that people criticizing have not even tried the pool and/or the software.

I don't know why you are so hung up on some person saying that he tried the pool.
The pool currently has about 10 miners. If all of them posted here would you be more happy?
Do you think that I am scamming you to mine for one day and not receive any payout? Something like that?
BTW, "notsofast" tried it and even twitted about it. I think he is a well known miner.

As for payouts... it is really hard to compete with mining rig rentals. And I know that sometimes people pay crazy prices to mine some new coin that is going to be completely forgotten a few months later.

But if you are mining DASH on a pool, then we definitely can give you a boost in the amount of DASH coins you receive per day.

If you have some constructive questions - please do ask them. But I think just saying bad things about stuff that you have no idea about is just not fair.

Thanks
dashminer

dashminer ...

if it looks like negativity - then there really needs to be more specific details ... like HOW the miner works - where it mines specifically to - what percentage goes to you - etc ...

we are not all coders here - so we cant all look at the code and create an opinion ... those that are devs and coders will definitely have something to say when they do look at the code - so people like ...

like i said earlier - lack of transparency and specific details WILL result in this ... its not just expressing opinions just for the sake of it ... especially from miners like ourselves ( as we cant speak for anyone else ) who WILL mine and become a loyal advocate IF we can rest assured that all is safe and well - and that no hashes ( or coins for that matter - no matter how small the 'percentage' ) are running as you state they are ...

transparency and attention to detail is the key to selling your product - whether it be a service or app or the like ...

djm34 - wolf0 - sp - pallas - etc ... they ALL are specific about what they have opensourced - what they have private - and what they have to sell or not ... even if it does meet the positive feedback of the community - there is no ambiguity ...

thats why we trust these devs ...

you will have to EARN your trust - and yes - some of us WILL test your pool and the mining ...

but the same issue i have had on the spreadcoin thread still ensues ...

that is ... if we have to continuously change miners and settings - then that could be a massive issue for miners like us ...

for the smaller miner with one or two machines and / cards - then that is no major deal ... but for miners with farms that is manually intensive - its a different story ... so we would rather use miners that we don't have to fiddle with - especially if algo change over and mining different coins are involved ... for the dash miner only - your pool sounds very promising ... i know sp is a huge dash advocate ...

which is why IM skeptical ( not speaking for the others here ) about a dedicated miner ... especially coming form a newbie - no matter how good a dev you may be ...

the devs i have mentioned earlier have the respect ( and in some cases - the opposition ) of the community as they have committed a great deal of time and effort to 'help' the community with the products that they develop ... most times completely free ...

time will tell ... but we will only ever commit one of the test machines to mine on your pool and will monitor it closely ...

that is when i have the time to do it ... too many things on our plate at the moment ...

hope it works out - as it sounds like you have done well ...

but again ... we wont be committing our amd side of the farm just for this ...

#crysx

dashminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 06:02:33 AM

Thanks
dashminer

dashminer ...

if it looks like negativity - then there really needs to be more specific details ... like HOW the miner works - where it mines specifically to - what percentage goes to you - etc ...

we are not all coders here - so we cant all look at the code and create an opinion ... those that are devs and coders will definitely have something to say when they do look at the code - so people like ...

like i said earlier - lack of transparency and specific details WILL result in this ... its not just expressing opinions just for the sake of it ... especially from miners like ourselves ( as we cant speak for anyone else ) who WILL mine and become a loyal advocate IF we can rest assured that all is safe and well - and that no hashes ( or coins for that matter - no matter how small the 'percentage' ) are running as you state they are ...

transparency and attention to detail is the key to selling your product - whether it be a service or app or the like ...

djm34 - wolf0 - sp - pallas - etc ... they ALL are specific about what they have opensourced - what they have private - and what they have to sell or not ... even if it does meet the positive feedback of the community - there is no ambiguity ...

thats why we trust these devs ...

you will have to EARN your trust - and yes - some of us WILL test your pool and the mining ...

but the same issue i have had on the spreadcoin thread still ensues ...

that is ... if we have to continuously change miners and settings - then that could be a massive issue for miners like us ...

for the smaller miner with one or two machines and / cards - then that is no major deal ... but for miners with farms that is manually intensive - its a different story ... so we would rather use miners that we don't have to fiddle with - especially if algo change over and mining different coins are involved ... for the dash miner only - your pool sounds very promising ... i know sp is a huge dash advocate ...

which is why IM skeptical ( not speaking for the others here ) about a dedicated miner ... especially coming form a newbie - no matter how good a dev you may be ...

the devs i have mentioned earlier have the respect ( and in some cases - the opposition ) of the community as they have committed a great deal of time and effort to 'help' the community with the products that they develop ... most times completely free ...

time will tell ... but we will only ever commit one of the test machines to mine on your pool and will monitor it closely ...

that is when i have the time to do it ... too many things on our plate at the moment ...

hope it works out - as it sounds like you have done well ...

but again ... we wont be committing our amd side of the farm just for this ...

#crysx

Thank you #crysx.

This is a serious thoughtful reply and I really appreciate it.

You write this:
"if it looks like negativity - then there really needs to be more specific details ... like HOW the miner works - where it mines specifically to - what percentage goes to you - etc ..."

But I ask you this question: Why do I need to provide more details?
I am telling how much I will pay you for your hardware. You can even know it before doing any mining at the pool.
R9 290 is 100%, which is 0.004 BTC per day, R9 280X is 85%, and so on.
You can compare with your current income and decide. For some people it would be awesome numbers, for others - not so much...

Can somebody post here how much they are earning say per R9 280X or R9 290. Algorithm and coin being mined. Then we can compare. (Or perhaps I will redirect my pool to this better coin)

What percentage goes to me... It is really hard to tell because the daily income depends on luck and this is pretty much PPS scheme - I am paying miners the same amount no matter how many blocks the pool finds. If you are interested, currently the pool is mining DASH and EXCL and there is about 100 mhs of hashrate. The number of blocks found so far is rather small (looks like I was out of luck) and I am paying miners from my own BTC.

Why do I have to tell anyone what algorithm I am using and which coin I am mining?
So that all other miners switch to this same coin and ruin the pool profit?

This is a commercial product, no doubt about this.
I don't want to end up like yaamp or hamsterpool or any other pools that closed recently.

Thanks!

PS: Just look at blackcoinpool...

Is this more "transparent" than my offering?
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: