Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:18:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ROCKMINER ASIC miner official thread  (Read 199428 times)
mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:06:21 PM

NOT IMPRESSED with this RK-Box!

Seriously.

CGMiner will NOT detect my RK-Box miner...I am only getting 240 Gh/s now, using MultiMiner and BFGMiner 4.4.0 Cry Cry Cry (was 300 Gh/s last night, crept down to 60Gh/s each blade)  
Any hints? Tips? Tricks? for getting CGMiner to work???

Wishing I had saved my $$$ as it doesn't even seem like many more of the RK-Box miners will be produced??? So there isn't much of a point for developing my 3d printed stacking clips since the R3-Box miner seems to be taking the place of the RK-Box miner.

Also, I just emailed support @Rockminer.com to see about getting a replacement R-Box miner as the USB header DE-SOLDERED itself from the board, rendering the miner useless.

Edit: On top of the LOW hash rate my RK-Box miner is reporting...my R-Box miners are also hashing LOW down @25-26 Gh/s. NOT KOSHER!

Needless to say, I will be looking into OTHER hardware until these issues are remedied as $600+ for a 240 Gh/s miner is crap! I feel EVERY miner over 200 Gh/s should have it's own built-in controller...if not, ADD WINDOWS SUPPORT.
Let's not forget how freaking loud these RK-Box miners are, how the heck did these make it out the factory? I swear they must be close to 100 decibels and I can hear the RK-Box miner 3 rooms away, through doors and all.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
Phosphorous

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:15:45 PM

Seriously.

CGMiner will NOT detect my RK-Box miner...I am only getting 240 Gh/s now, using MultiMiner and BFGMiner 4.4.0 Cry Cry Cry (was 300 Gh/s last night, crept down to 60Gh/s each blade)  

Wishing I had saved my $$$ as it doesn't even seem like many more of the RK-Box miners will be produced??? So there isn't much of a point for developing my 3d printed stacking clips since the R3-Box miner seems to be taking the place of the RK-Box miner.

Also, I just emailed support @Rockminer.com to see about getting a replacement R-Box miner as the USB header DE-SOLDERED itself from the board, rendering the miner useless.

Edit: On top of the LOW hash rate my RK-Box miner is reporting...my R-Box miners are also hashing LOW down @25-26 Gh/s. NOT KOSHER!

Needless to say, I will be looking into OTHER hardware until these issues are remedied as $600+ for a 240 Gh/s miner is crap! I feel EVERY miner over 200 Gh/s should have it's own built-in controller...if not, ADD WINDOWS SUPPORT.
Let's not forget how freaking loud these RK-Box miners are, how the heck did these make it out the factory? I swear they must be close to 100 decibels and I can hear the RK-Box miner 3 rooms away, through doors and all.
You need to read this thread, the last few pages discusses how to get it to work with CGMiner.
s1lentb0b35

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:29:39 PM

Just got two Rockminer Rboxes today and one won't work.  The fan comes on and the red light but won't mine.  I have swapped power supplies and usb cables and still nothing.  Tried it on a different PC with a different miner and still nothing.

Any suggestions from anyone.

Not much to go on I know and I suspect I will have to send back to eyeboot.  Cry
Trends

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:35:31 PM

s1lentb0b35
Two RK boxes with 1 RPI?

Quadriga CX BTC/CAD Coin Exchange     www.quadrigacx.com/?ref=umvq5t3i2r6im243v94vucbo
Phosphorous

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:36:45 PM

Just got two Rockminer Rboxes today and one won't work.  The fan comes on and the red light but won't mine.  I have swapped power supplies and usb cables and still nothing.  Tried it on a different PC with a different miner and still nothing.

Any suggestions from anyone.

Not much to go on I know and I suspect I will have to send back to eyeboot.  Cry
If you have one working and the other not then you can rule out USB/driver issues (assuming Windows), and you most likely have a defective unit I would say.
These are R-Boxes, not RK-boxes, correct?
s1lentb0b35

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:39:08 PM

Hi

The device in question is the following

http://www.eyeboot.com/Bitcoin-Miners-btc-mining/rockminer-r-box

I have two currently running on my raspberry pi
Trends

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:39:31 PM

I would try bypassing the hub and just connecting one blade at a time to rule out a bad hub but I'm sure you've tried that

Ah shit sorry!!
I just now read RBOX

Quadriga CX BTC/CAD Coin Exchange     www.quadrigacx.com/?ref=umvq5t3i2r6im243v94vucbo
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:51:29 PM

Seriously.

You need to read this thread, the last few pages discusses how to get it to work with CGMiner.

I have been reading this thread...I just re-read EVERY post that mentioned CGMiner. I have tried ALL the suggestions.

I will say this again....

CGMiner DOES NOT DETECT MY R-Box OR RK-Box MINERS.

Windows 7 x64 Pro. MultiMiner (BFGMiner 4.4.0) detects/mines the R-Box and RK-Box with very few issues.

I would try bypassing the hub and just connecting one blade at a time to rule out a bad hub but I'm sure you've tried that

Ah shit sorry!!
I just now read RBOX

You are right, I am trying to troubleshoot my RK-BOX miner (ROCKET BOX).
I might give this a try but I highly doubt the hub is at fault, USB hubs either work, or they don't, I have never seen any middle ground as far as USB hubs go.

Edit: I will report back later with any findings, news etc. I know how crucial info can be when troubleshooting hardware and there may be another person having the same/similar issues.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
Trends

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:01:28 PM

mstrongbow

I know on my RK boxes I lose GH (from ~115 to 30-40GH) on one or two blades on a regular basis (2 RK's on 1 Pi)
I unplug the blades usb cable for 1/2 sec then it's good till next time.
I'm going to see if they are any more stable with 1 Pi per box sometime this weekend.

mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:10:35 PM

mstrongbow

I know on my RK boxes I lose GH (from ~115 to 30-40GH) on one or two blades on a regular basis (2 RK's on 1 Pi)
I'm going to see if they are any more stable with 1 Pi per box sometime this weekend.

Thanks, this is totally good info to know!

*Got LootCrate?*
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:15:37 PM

mstrongbow

Same for some of ours.
Phosphorous

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:37:39 PM

mstrongbow,
The only version of CGMiner that works with these R and RK-Boxes is this special version:
https://github.com/rockminerinc/cgminer-for-R-BOX/blob/master/cgminer-win0.3.1.zip
Is that the one you are using?

Then on the driver side of things, using ZADIG, this devices should be using the WinUSB driver, NOT the Silabs driver. BFG uses the Silabs driver, so if you were using BFGMiner you have to uninstall the the USB devices and let it reinstall using WinUSB.

My understanding of Multiminer is that it does not detect miners or communicate with them. It communicates with BFGMiner or CGminer. Get CGMiner or BFGMiner working and then Multiminer will work.
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:26:54 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2014, 08:43:04 PM by mstrongbow

mstrongbow,
The only version of CGMiner that works with these R and RK-Boxes is this special version:
https://github.com/rockminerinc/cgminer-for-R-BOX/blob/master/cgminer-win0.3.1.zip
Is that the one you are using?

Then on the driver side of things, using ZADIG, this devices should be using the WinUSB driver, NOT the Silabs driver. BFG uses the Silabs driver, so if you were using BFGMiner you have to uninstall the the USB devices and let it reinstall using WinUSB.
*snipped

This^^^ is probably exactly what I was looking for. I will try this later this afternoon.

edit: MultiMiner works fine using the SiLabs driver but BFGMiner does not modulate the FREQ properly when settings are entered, using MultiMiner anyways, I have not run straight BFGMiner since setting up my 1st R-Box miner a few weeks ago.

*Got LootCrate?*
rockxie (OP)

Activity: 284
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:21:13 AM

rockxie
Can you explain how the Adaptive frequency function of your software works? What is the mininum freq, what is the maxinum freq range of the software sent out with the RK units?

On yor R3 update 0.93 we have a selection of 300,320 & 350! when one of those is selected does the Adaptive frequency function stop working?
Also the fan selection full or auto, does temperature drive the fan 0 to 100%? What is the temperature range? for example does 0%=25 deg C and 40 deg C = 100%?

Upgrade the latest RockWeb,there is a freq option at "Pools" page,try to select 320M or 300M.
[/quote]

Thanks Trends
[/quote]

Freq range: 200M~400M. You can modify the pools.php file(in view folder) to use other freqs.

fan option:

full:100% speed

auto(just for R4):
        if(temp> 50deg C)   speed=100%   ;else speed=70%

rockxie (OP)

Activity: 284
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:27:26 AM

MultiMiner recognizes the RK-Box miner just fine! Now it's a matter of setting the FREQ once I move my R-Box miners to another PC...unless I decide to set the FREQ by stating the COM # in the arguments line.

Currently I am getting 80 Gh/s per blade on my Rocket miner (FREQ 290) and 32 Gh/s per R-Box.

It seems that you should use the zadig_v2.0.1.161.exe tho replace driver.

https://github.com/rockminerinc/cgminer-for-Rocket-box

handbook: https://github.com/rockminerinc/cgminer-for-R-BOX/blob/master/handbook.md#setting
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:20:28 AM

MultiMiner recognizes the RK-Box miner just fine! Now it's a matter of setting the FREQ once I move my R-Box miners to another PC...unless I decide to set the FREQ by stating the COM # in the arguments line.

Currently I am getting 80 Gh/s per blade on my Rocket miner (FREQ 290) and 32 Gh/s per R-Box.

It seems that you should use the zadig_v2.0.1.161.exe tho replace driver.

https://github.com/rockminerinc/cgminer-for-Rocket-box

handbook: https://github.com/rockminerinc/cgminer-for-R-BOX/blob/master/handbook.md#setting

Thanks for the reply! I didn't get around to changing drivers today but will get on that tomorrow.
So was the RK-Box miner dubbed the Rocketminer due to how loud it is?? lol hahaahaa

Also, what should I do for warranty service/replacement on my R-Box miner with the de-soldered USB header/connecter?

*Got LootCrate?*
Rob7

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:48:08 AM

@rockxie:
What is an official dealer for the EU? I sent mail via official web, but no answer.
kcal63

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:29:54 AM

Well after updating to the latest Pi image my RK-box is now hashing away at 505 GHs with a 9.2% error rate (that is a 12 hr reading).
Still trying to get the Rockweb interface to update from the stock 0.91 version to the latest 0.94 version (using Dogies guide info).
No success yet but intend to keep trying as it seems like a very weird process (using a pc to send commands through a Pi to update firmware on RK-box).
Just out of curiosity how did rockminer choose the fan for the RK? Did they find the smallest loudest fan ever made intentionally?
Trends

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:55:22 AM

rockxie
Can you explain how the Adaptive frequency function of your software works? What is the minimum freq, what is the maximum freq range of the software sent out with the RK units?
On your R3 update 0.93 we have a selection of 300,320 & 350! when one of those is selected does the Adaptive frequency function stop working?
Also the fan selection full or auto, does temperature drive the fan 0 to 100%? What is the temperature range? for example does 0%=25 deg C and 40 deg C = 100%?
Thanks Trends

Freq range: 200M~400M. You can modify the pools.php file(in view folder) to use other freqs.

fan option:

full:100% speed

auto(just for R4):
        if(temp> 50deg C)   speed=100%   ;else speed=70%

rockxie

auto(just for R4)?
Does this mean the auto fan option does not work for RK (R2) and the R3 miners?

Trends

Truman
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:03:53 AM

I have a problem connecting more than 2 Rocket Boxen on the raspberry Pi.

When i connect more (4 Boxen) with a good d-link hub between, 16 board are detected and shown, but they are only working with about 70 GH/s.

When i connect the same to a windows pc and using cgminer everything is fine!

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: