Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:43:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ROCKMINER ASIC miner official thread  (Read 199428 times)
Billbags

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 03:14:22 AM

I've only been out of the hardware section for a couple of days, but what's an  "A10 cubie" ?

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
rockxie (OP)

Activity: 284
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 03:29:18 AM

I've only been out of the hardware section for a couple of days, but what's an  "A10 cubie" ?

"A10 CUBIE " is the more suitable controller for RE/R4,which will make miners run more stable and lower rejection.
We have tested for long long time.
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 06:41:20 AM

It is very similar to a Raspberry Pi. Can run the same software etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cubieboard

cubieboard 3 looks good Smiley
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 11:11:54 AM

I need some advice / assistance.

I have one of the first batche pairs of rk-boxes that are supposed to do ~900GH, but over the past 2 months ive only gotten ~650GH on average for a few reasons:
1) I regularly see intermittent periods of downtime, or it needs a reboot because it keeps doing software reboots every 5 minutes
2) it will only recognize 5-7 boards of the 8, usually only fixed with a power cycle.
3) even when running fine, its about 880Gh with 7-10% errors.

Ive upgraded to a class 10 SD card after a recent power outtage killed the class 4 (please stop shipping class 4 cards for mining equipment - put $3 more into a class 10 that will survive power cycles), but its had no effect on the stability or mining results.

What can i do to fix the problem? Its a massive pain in the ass because this unit is both my least power-efficient and the most irritating to fix.

Are there any ways to reduce the W/GH? has anyone tried undervolting to get <1w/GH?

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 12:26:22 PM

I have one of the first batche pairs of rk-boxes that are supposed to do ~900GH, but over the past 2 months ive only gotten ~650GH on average for a few reasons:
1) I regularly see intermittent periods of downtime, or it needs a reboot because it keeps doing software reboots every 5 minutes
2) it will only recognize 5-7 boards of the 8, usually only fixed with a power cycle.

Ive upgraded to a class 10 SD card after a recent power outtage killed the class 4 (please stop shipping class 4 cards for mining equipment - put $3 more into a class 10 that will survive power cycles), but its had no effect on the stability or mining results.

What can i do to fix the problem? Its a massive pain in the ass because this unit is both my least power-efficient and the most irritating to fix.

Are there any ways to reduce the W/GH? has anyone tried undervolting to get <1w/GH?

i got same results after 1 months
 board dropping, reboots etc

i decided to change psus
i got deus650 and bequiet 630

after swapping into couple of xfx850w problems went away
so maybe thoose psus got worn off or something
i dont know

i got rbox r3 and r4, very dissapointed with r100 program
i got no new miners
i paid 2.5 btc deposit for 1th, paid at half of july, got miners after 3 weeks... at aug
with bent components, terrible packaging

no compensation, no response at email, no new miners
i am at big loss...
Ntrain2k

Activity: 527

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:39:26 PM

Has anyone been sucessful running a mix of the old 30ish GH r-boxes and the new 100ish GH r-boxes together in the same instance of either CGMiner or BFGMiner and being able to specify different frequencies for them?

I'd like to run the little ones at 290 and the new ones at 350.

Thanks.

▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
          ███████  ███████
          ███████ █████████
           ▀███▀  ▀███████▀
  ▄███▄            ▀█████▀
 ███████  ▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
 ███████ ███████  ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▀███▀  ███████ █████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀███▀  █████████ ▄██████████▄
 ▄███▄            ▀█████▀  ▀██████████▀
███████  ▄███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀████████▀
███████ ███████   █████       ▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▀███▀  ███████ ▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀███▀  █████████  ████████▄
                ▀███████▀ ██████████▄
       ▄█████▄    █████   ███████████
      ▄███████▄  ▄▄▄▄▄     █████████
      ▀███████▀ ▄█████▄     ▀█████▀
       ▀█████▀ █████████
               ▀███████▀
                ▀█████▀

HiveNet

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ██████         ▀█████████
   ███████  █████▄   ▀████████
  ████████  ███████▄   ████████
 █████████  █████████  █████████
██████████  █████████  ██████████
 █████████  █    ████  █████████
  ████████  █████████  ████████
   ███████  █       █  ███████
    ██████  █████████  ██████
     █████             █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ████████████████▀  ██████
   ██████████████▀       █████
  ███████████▀       ██▌ ██████
 ████▀  ▀█          ████▌ ██████
████                ████▌ ███████
 ███                ████▌ ██████
  ███▄  ▄█          ████▌ █████
   ████████   █      ██▌ █████
    ███████  ████▄      █████
     ██████  ███████▄  █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████
|
|
rockxie (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 10:29:14 AM

i decided to change psus

i dont know

i got no new miners
i paid 2.5 btc deposit for 1th, paid at half of july, got miners after 3 weeks... at aug

i am at big loss...

1. Those 2.5 BTC is just the guarantee, you should read carefully about the R100 PLAN, not the price of buying miners!! when the plan is end, you can send the miners back to us or take it by discount, we will refund BTC to u!!! What R100 spot name?
2.  For miners performance problem,we are trying to improve it , if you contact us once without response pls contact twice, Alex signed his private number on his email, if you feel it's a big problem you can call him too.
rockxie (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 10:32:48 AM

I am so sorry about the low performance of rocket box, did u try our new controller by CUBIE? we uploaded the image file for CUBIE:
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1nt9KPZz
PLS contact Alex, sales@rockminer.com
Trends

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:19:23 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2014, 01:10:11 AM by Trends

Is Rockminer providing the Cubie for free to those who purchased the RK boxes and then purchased pi's when Rockminer didn't ship them??

Those looking to purchase product from Rockminer should read the above thread very carefully and make a decision to purchase partialy based on their after sale service (or lack thereof)

Quadriga CX BTC/CAD Coin Exchange     www.quadrigacx.com/?ref=umvq5t3i2r6im243v94vucbo
Ntrain2k

Activity: 527

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:02:46 PM

Has anyone been sucessful running a mix of the old 30ish GH r-boxes and the new 100ish GH r-boxes together in the same instance of either CGMiner or BFGMiner and being able to specify different frequencies for them?

I'd like to run the little ones at 290 and the new ones at 350.

Thanks.

Bump

▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
          ███████  ███████
          ███████ █████████
           ▀███▀  ▀███████▀
  ▄███▄            ▀█████▀
 ███████  ▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
 ███████ ███████  ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▀███▀  ███████ █████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀███▀  █████████ ▄██████████▄
 ▄███▄            ▀█████▀  ▀██████████▀
███████  ▄███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀████████▀
███████ ███████   █████       ▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▀███▀  ███████ ▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀███▀  █████████  ████████▄
                ▀███████▀ ██████████▄
       ▄█████▄    █████   ███████████
      ▄███████▄  ▄▄▄▄▄     █████████
      ▀███████▀ ▄█████▄     ▀█████▀
       ▀█████▀ █████████
               ▀███████▀
                ▀█████▀

HiveNet

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ██████         ▀█████████
   ███████  █████▄   ▀████████
  ████████  ███████▄   ████████
 █████████  █████████  █████████
██████████  █████████  ██████████
 █████████  █    ████  █████████
  ████████  █████████  ████████
   ███████  █       █  ███████
    ██████  █████████  ██████
     █████             █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ████████████████▀  ██████
   ██████████████▀       █████
  ███████████▀       ██▌ ██████
 ████▀  ▀█          ████▌ ██████
████                ████▌ ███████
 ███                ████▌ ██████
  ███▄  ▄█          ████▌ █████
   ████████   █      ██▌ █████
    ███████  ████▄      █████
     ██████  ███████▄  █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████
|
|
Billbags

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:20:48 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2014, 01:40:37 AM by Billbags

"A10 CUBIE " is the more suitable controller for RE/R4,which will make miners run more stable and lower rejection.

Will it run Rk-boxes? Does CrazyGuy sell them?

Update: $69.00 on Amazon.

Question: Will the rockminer pi power cable work with the A10 cubie?

Question: would A20 cubie be better or stick with A10 cubie?

Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 08:52:19 AM

i decided to change psus

i dont know

i got no new miners

i am at big loss...

1. Those 2.5 BTC is just the guarantee, you should read carefully about the R100 PLAN, not the price of buying miners!! when the plan is end, you can send the miners back to us or take it by discount, we will refund BTC to u!!! What R100 spot name?
2.  For miners performance problem,we are trying to improve it , if you contact us once without response pls contact twice, Alex signed his private number on his email, if you feel it's a big problem you can call him too.

1. I read it carefully. I asked in this thread when project will end or when new miners will be shipped. No response. I asked by email 2 times about new miners and other stuff. 0 response. My spot ip is 192.168.2.223. I will try contact alex again.
2. After swapping psus 1 day they were hashing stable and now 2 boards are not hashing, rest is underpefrorming, i got 414 GH instead of 900GH

ID   Temperature   GHS av   GHS 5s   GHS 15m
1    29    80 GHS    73 GHS    63 GHS
2    26    92 GHS    98 GHS    73 GHS
3    35    90 GHS    89 GHS    71 GHS
4    26    91 GHS    112 GHS    72 GHS
5    27    86 GHS    75 GHS    68 GHS
6    27    86 GHS    76 GHS    68 GHS

8 Devices number
Fri, 26 Sep 2014 16:51:30 +0800 System Time
OK Network
354 Network delay
0.93 Version

Polmine graph

at rockhash.com i see a lot of yellow and red...
within first month i was green stable 900gh...
mstrongbow

Activity: 322

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:59:19 PM

Will it run Rk-boxes? Does CrazyGuy sell them?

Update: $69.00 on Amazon.

Question: Will the rockminer pi power cable work with the A10 cubie?

Question: would A20 cubie be better or stick with A10 cubie?

Hmmm, looks like something to dig into although more pricey than an R-Pi

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
Billbags

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:25:43 PM

^ I'll get A10 cubie and try it on my rk-box that hashes less than my other ones. I'll report back once I get a good comparison.

mstrongbow

Activity: 322

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:31:45 PM

^ I'll get A10 cubie and try it on my rk-box that hashes less than my other ones. I'll report back once I get a good comparison.
Word. I will pick one up asap so I can design an enclosure for the Beaglebone Black!

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
area3121

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:00:19 PM

can i ask why the rockminer t1 is price drop ?? and is this rockminer t1 is bang for the buck?? any suggestion thank you
area3121

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:06:31 PM

sorry for noob question  about this.,

is the rockminer T1 can run only by be controller + rockminer t1 + internet alone?? is there any rpi computer do i need to run 24/7??? aside from rockminet t1+ be controller?? 

thank you
area3121

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:35:29 PM

i want to buy rockmient t1 cost it price drop..  i dont know how to setup this.. in my mind like this

rockminer t1 + be controller + rpi... ( do i need pie or not ? or just the be controller + internet connection ?

please correct me ..  and also is this can work with any pool bcoz the am tube is running few pool to run ..

thank you
Billbags

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:55:00 PM

^ the controller acts as the computer. You will only need a computer to set up the controller with your pool info.

Billbags

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:10:44 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2014, 07:16:07 PM by Billbags

^ the controller acts as the computer. You will only need a computer to set up the controller with your pool info.

NO pi needed

I can't answer the pool question. It uses the same controller so mabey same pool result as AM tube.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: