Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:00:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804602 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lucky88888

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

https://nxtforum.org/

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 12:15:30 AM

i guess something bad is going on.. devs are panic fixing it so no responses here. maybe the devs are the crypti code itself fooling everyone but they can only progress when the blocks moves forward.  Roll Eyes

Fuck Mt.Gox! Fuck Mintpal! Fuck Bter! FUCK kyc! Protect yourself use MGW! SUPERNET!
Recommended ASSET ->InstantDex : Lead Dev Jl777 (decentralized multi currency instant exchange)
Recommended ASSET -> Jinn : Lead Dev Come-from-Beyond (ternary processors!)
https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/(ann)-jinn/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hobogo

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 12:28:49 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2014, 01:03:49 AM by hobogo

I got some directions for the new logo/brand. pretty ones, but I would love to see the brief so I can judge it/make modifications.
Did you start the competition on 99 already? should I just post it here?

I'd love to hear your ideas or see them. Essentially we are looking for either a more sleek and professional version of the lunate sigma expanded or something that represent our overall goal of being a startup solution in a box and commerce payment platform.

How about the Lunate Sigma "Ͼ" with the earth as the dot?  The earth could appear as a blue marble wih clouds, and rotate if done as an animated GIF.

This kind of animation is more suitable for processing, then a result animation, and this theme should be apparent on different stuff as well if we take this path (if using it as the sole processing animation)
Do you mean those details should be on the logo when not animated? if not I guess this is more of an animation idea then a logo concept. If The execution is flawless I can imagine this as very impressive, but anything less then flawless will be ultra tacky Smiley but I suspect it might be too hard to make this good enough at this point
Added a globe icon to my insp board just in case, thou usually it's not my style

We might want to get a board/doc for organizing suggestions for everyone to add or watch

Edit: see - http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/yeahright/library/Litoshi
hobogo

Activity: 80

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 12:57:49 AM

I got some directions for the new logo/brand. pretty ones, but I would love to see the brief so I can judge it/make modifications.

I'd love to hear your ideas or see them. Essentially we are looking for either a more sleek and professional version of the lunate sigma expanded or something that represent our overall goal of being a startup solution in a box and commerce payment platform.

After packaging everything nicely I've made a final effort to search for similar logos, realizing this is pretty close to well known logo.
Actually, It seems I see this logo a lot during my evenings. my tricky unconscious mind :/
Maybe I've started it as unconscious inspiration, not diverting it enough? IDK..
Even showed it today to my family, possibly with the original one in the background without anyone noticing.
I did a small research on C logos for inspiration when approached this, but not on google :/ silly me.
I'm still gonna post it here, because I was really proud of it until few minutes ago, But I'm not sure we would like to use it as is even if it's possible.
Adding the process and inspiration board, maybe someone can fork/suggest a previous step..

This might remove some of the shape similarities (shape needs work, and only temporal colors (?))
Should make a new forum board for discussing this, just wanted to show some hope Smiley

GreXX

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 01:23:02 AM

i guess something bad is going on.. devs are panic fixing it so no responses here. maybe the devs are the crypti code itself fooling everyone but they can only progress when the blocks moves forward.  Roll Eyes

Let me just respond to make sure that everyone knows what is happening right now.

Those of you who have been with us since launch know that we had been seeing syncing issues periodically and occasions where peoples blockchains would fork or stop altogether. We had been trying to tweak the code to fix the problem but ultimately, when we looked at what was happening, the timing issues causing the forks and other issues were something that we could fix easier by fundamentally re-thinking a component of how our PoT algorithm is doing the weight calculations.

I can't explain it in completely technical terms, Boris or SyRenity can probably update to the technical specifics a little more. The bottom line is that we are going through a process that involves improving the Crypti core tech. We have finished the initial changes and have it running on testnet right now and are monitoring the results and still tweaking the new settings.

The goal is that when the new changes are done, it will allow us to finalize both the new stable version of the linux distro, as well as finally finish off the windows wallet. The windows wallet hadn't been released because we had been seeing weird forging numbers and it's because the addition of the windows nodes was throwing it off somewhat. We think that this new solution will fix both problems at once and then we can move forward.

That's all I can tell you right now. Rest assured that we are working on it and have all been working around the clock testing to get it done as soon as we can.

I do apologize for the issues and obviously hope that we can kick these bugs once and for all. Like with any product, you can't foresee every possible problem.

Even Apple, one of the largest companies in the world has bugs. Look at AntennaGate or the bending iphone 6 issue. Look at Blizzards World of Warcraft or Diablo 3 launches.

We will power through these issues and come out the other side with better tech and a stronger base for the network. Just stick with us! I know it's hard at times like this but nothing worthwhile is ever easy.

samsmith16

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 02:43:04 AM

Well Grexx has summed it all up... However I just wanted to pop on real quick and tell you all that we are working very hard on the wallet... We have our head and hands in this all day and night.. I know our posts have slowed down... but our time spent on Crypti has increased... It's just that our attention has shifted to the wallet and the rest of the short term goals on the roadmap...

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
samsmith16

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 02:50:41 AM

If your reading this thread your in a group of over 200k

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:30:11 AM

by fundamentally re-thinking a component of how our PoT algorithm is doing the weight calculations.
So you are changing one buggy closed source algorithm to another?  Roll Eyes
Are you experimenting on stakeholders?  Huh
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 10:50:54 AM

So noone can transfer any Crypti anywhere since few days. That is not healthy for the project.

Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 12:37:30 PM

So noone can transfer any Crypti anywhere since few days. That is not healthy for the project.

@ SyRenity & Boris

Could you please give us an update on this? I don't mean to be harsh, but all we've heard is that things will improve soon and the new version will fix all the syncing bugs. The problem is that the "new version" has been around the corner for a couple of weeks new along with the Windows Wallet. That isn't a problem though, the problem, is that we haven't had a single block in close to 3 days and we've heard almost zero technical details about the issue itself.

Not having a single block in over 3 days is a MAJOR issue, it means that no funds can be sent through the network, and 3 days without a block is a long time in the crypto-community (I know how cliche that sounds but it's true). Please give us some technical details about the matter, all we know at the moment is that you guys are making modifications to the PoT forging mechanism.
GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 01:47:45 PM

by fundamentally re-thinking a component of how our PoT algorithm is doing the weight calculations.

Technically you aren't stakeholders. Just to clear that up. You have no stake in any company. You bought a product that has been delivered and has value.

I don't want anyone to misrepresent what a crypto coin is or what people here own.

The source will be open once we have a stable working client and in 3 month intervals. You have already seen other coins like Node attempting to duplicate what we are doing. So we need to make sure we protect our interests long enough to get our core features to market. If you think whats going on now is hurting supporters, imagine if we let another coin steal 6 months worth of work and match us overnight. There are several people out there waiting to steal the code.

You can like our stance or hate it and i'm OK with that. We put a lot of thought into it.

Also, isn't the entire crypto world one big experiment? If we weren't trying new things and attempting to innovate, what would be the point? I don't ever want to become stagnant like the Bitcoin core team who's afraid to even touch the code.

informer

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 01:52:49 PM

Also, isn't the entire crypto world one big experiment? If we weren't trying new things and attempting to innovate, what would be the point? I don't ever want to become stagnant like the Bitcoin core team who's afraid to even touch the code.

+1

informer

Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 01:52:57 PM

How about the Lunate Sigma "Ͼ" with the earth as the dot?  The earth could appear as a blue marble wih clouds, and rotate if done as an animated GIF.

This kind of animation is more suitable for processing, then a result animation, and this theme should be apparent on different stuff as well if we take this path (if using it as the sole processing animation)
Do you mean those details should be on the logo when not animated? if not I guess this is more of an animation idea then a logo concept. If The execution is flawless I can imagine this as very impressive, but anything less then flawless will be ultra tacky Smiley but I suspect it might be too hard to make this good enough at this point
Added a globe icon to my insp board just in case, thou usually it's not my style

We might want to get a board/doc for organizing suggestions for everyone to add or watch

What I had in mind was an earth that was the "blue marble with clouds" similar to what you see from the moon, not a map.  Also, the earth/dot should be smaller to be more like the Lunate Sigma.

informer

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 01:59:10 PM

What I had in mind was an earth that was the "blue marble with clouds" similar to what you see from the moon, not a map.  Also, the earth/dot should be smaller to be more like the Lunate Sigma.

I had an idea for an animation that would start out with just a letter "C" then a key coming in from the side, then rotate horizontally. Like its unlocking a lock. And then when the key is removed it reveals a small spinning globe in the center. Like Crypti is the key that will unlock the world.

~informer

rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:41:46 PM

I agree that this is a major issue - it looks as if Crypti is in trouble.

You can't shut down the transfer ability of a network whose only function is to transfer information (for three days at that!). Delays, in my opinion, are expected and fine - especially if the team is extensively testing the upcoming features. This, however, is more severe - here the technical ability of the team is coming into question... I would not cash out even if I could, but my confidence in the team is the lowest it has been so far.

Hope Crypti pulls through!

@ SyRenity & Boris

Could you please give us an update on this? I don't mean to be harsh, but all we've heard is that things will improve soon and the new version will fix all the syncing bugs. The problem is that the "new version" has been around the corner for a couple of weeks new along with the Windows Wallet. That isn't a problem though, the problem, is that we haven't had a single block in close to 3 days and we've heard almost zero technical details about the issue itself.

Not having a single block in over 3 days is a MAJOR issue, it means that no funds can be sent through the network, and 3 days without a block is a long time in the crypto-community (I know how cliche that sounds but it's true). Please give us some technical details about the matter, all we know at the moment is that you guys are making modifications to the PoT forging mechanism.
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:46:17 PM

What do you mean "we" aren't stakeholders? Of course we are stakeholders - that this is not a company is not relevant... what we purchased amounts to a % of the entire protocol. The value of the stake is directly proportional to the value of the entire protocol - for that reason these are stakes in the protocol itself.

That there is no vote attached to these shares doesn't mean that what the purchaser got was not a % of a network.

Technically you aren't stakeholders. Just to clear that up. You have no stake in any company. You bought a product that has been delivered and has value.

I don't want anyone to misrepresent what a crypto coin is or what people here own.

The source will be open once we have a stable working client and in 3 month intervals. You have already seen other coins like Node attempting to duplicate what we are doing. So we need to make sure we protect our interests long enough to get our core features to market. If you think whats going on now is hurting supporters, imagine if we let another coin steal 6 months worth of work and match us overnight. There are several people out there waiting to steal the code.

You can like our stance or hate it and i'm OK with that. We put a lot of thought into it.

Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 04:01:40 PM

I agree that this is a major issue - it looks as if Crypti is in trouble.

You can't shut down the transfer ability of a network whose only function is to transfer information (for three days at that!). Delays, in my opinion, are expected and fine - especially if the team is extensively testing the upcoming features. This, however, is more severe - here the technical ability of the team is coming into question... I would not cash out even if I could, but my confidence in the team is the lowest it has been so far.

Hope Crypti pulls through!

@ SyRenity & Boris

The key thing to note here, is that we are fine with delays, but what essentially has happened here is that the network has been virtually shutdown for over 3 days. We are all well aware of the fact that Crypti is new software, and there will no doubt be bugs, but you can't go for days with the network at a standstill. Please give us a bit more insight into the problem.
grandpa_seth

Activity: 316

Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:19:37 PM

What do you mean "we" aren't stakeholders? Of course we are stakeholders - that this is not a company is not relevant... what we purchased amounts to a % of the entire protocol. The value of the stake is directly proportional to the value of the entire protocol - for that reason these are stakes in the protocol itself.

That there is no vote attached to these shares doesn't mean that what the purchaser got was not a % of a network.

I agree with Grexx. This is the way I look at it. Crypti wanted to create a payment platform and digital currency. The goal in the end is for people to use xcr to pay for things like we use the dollar. Like the dollar people will be willing to do things to earn xcr. So in order for this to happen one day, the Crypti team needs to somehow distribute the coins since it is pos not pow.

So they could have just given them all away but the problem is crypti needs funds to finish building the protocol since it is an original code and to market it etc. So they hold an "ipo" for 750 btc. The devs get funds to ensure Crypti succeeds. The "investors" are now the initial distributors of a potential currency. We are not stakeholders really.

We are lucky holders of something that can have enormous value and we bought it for very little. I look at it like if the U.S dollar were started this way and in order to initally distribute it people were offered to buy 1 millions dollars for 5 silver pieces. You are not a stakeholder of the dollar. But today you would have 1 million dollars at its current value in your possession.
grandpa_seth

Activity: 316

Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:33:16 PM

The key thing to note here, is that we are fine with delays, but what essentially has happened here is that the network has been virtually shutdown for over 3 days. We are all well aware of the fact that Crypti is new software, and there will no doubt be bugs, but you can't go for days with the network at a standstill. Please give us a bit more insight into the problem.

Were you not aware when buying xcr that no promises were made? Nobody can guarantee a brand new original code/idea for a crypto currency will come to fruition smoothly, or at all. If xcr sending capability stopped because there was a critical world ending bug that was not foreseen then none of us can complain.

That is why buying any crypto is risky especially XCR which is trailblazing new territory. If you want to make thousands times your investment then you have to take on a lot of risk too. Thankfully, according to Grexx it is not a coin ending bug, but is them rethinking and now implementing a fix to the core. Does that really shock you that something built from scratch might have to do that at some point to make it better?

If you think bitcoin is the wild west then baby crypti is even wilder. Those of us who stick with it through the next year or years are going to be sickly rewarded. Those who sell at the first sign of trouble are more conservative and there's nothing wrong with that. If you exit crypti you might escape an unforeseen catastrophe 3 months from now. But you also might miss out on something bigger than bitcoin. Everyone's risk tolerance is different.
HunterMinerCrafter

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 06:26:27 PM

Three proof-of-stake algorithms but no stake holders.  How does that work?

That is too funny.
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 06:29:08 PM

Crypti team please push harder to resolve the issues. ASAP.
Pages: « 1 ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: