Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:47:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 [359] 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804605 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Litoshi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 06:31:02 PM

Any market balances risk with reward.  

A commodity that is relatively risk free will have a trading price close to its cost of production. Thus there will be very little change in the trading price of that commodity, unless the cost of production suddenly increases or the commodity suffers a sudden shortage, increased demand, or government intervention.

A commodity that carries a high risk, will have a trading price low enough to produce a high reward for the traders.  Thus, the commodity will trade for a low amount initially, and then as the prospect of high return approaches (increased value), the trading price will rise to reflect the lower risk.  

Right now, Crypti is still in the high risk area.  Thus the trading price really does not move much.  As the features are released, and the bugs fixed, the value and thus the trading price of XCR will increase.  

I think many have forgotten that XCR is for commerce, not trading on exchanges.  I am holding my XCR so some day soon, I can use them to make a purchase and brag that I bought a new car  for $40,000 USD using  10,000XCR that I purchased for only 880 satoshi each;  which is roughly a $50USD investment.

Now, wouldn't you like to buy a new car for $50?  

GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 06:33:50 PM

I just want to say thank you for both the positive and negative comments. We want an active community and that means we expect and want both sides of the coin.

I don't deny that this is a setback and was a critical issue. We feel the same. I hope no one thinks we would be ok or want the network down for 3 days. Keep in mind our equity is in Crypti and my actual paycheck each month is in XCR. So I am more vested than anyone. If the value of XCR tanks, I have completely wasted 6 months of my life and countless hours.

We all feel this way. We are doing everything we can to get back to stable. We COULD keep rebooting all of the nodes and trying to patchwork the network in the meantime, but it doesn't fix the problem. So we decided to focus our efforts on solving the problem which is what we are doing now.

There are only really 2 unique systems in the crypto world. Proof of Work, that none of us really remember the early days or were around for them and Proof of Stake, which went through the same growing pains as we are now. I won't keep beating a dead horse but until we allowed everyone with different systems, different internet speeds, different setups to start running nodes and attaching to the network, we couldn't predict the results. Now we can and are adjusting as such.

Our testnet appears to be stable right now and is 1 min intervals like clockwork, no halts, no sync problems, and looks to be humming. We need to continue to scale with more nodes from different services and watch the forging to ensure it's working correctly and forging right.

We will keep you posted of the status.

GreXX

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 06:35:00 PM

Three proof-of-stake algorithms but no stake holders.  How does that work?

That is too funny.

Well PoS isn't really a good explanation but it was the only term people would understand. Stake never even factors in aside from the 1000 XCR required to forge. So really it's not an accurate description.

GreXX

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 06:36:55 PM

Logo Update

While you are waiting patiently, help us narrow down our Logo contest entries to a winner! We have moved on to the finalists round and created a poll out of some of our favorite options and we would like your opinion on the current choices.

Please view the poll and entires here: https://99designs.com/logo-design/vote-m1000k

We would love to hear your feedback. Keep in mind we will be making the final choice, but we would love to hear your thoughts!

50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 06:55:01 PM

Logo Update

While you are waiting patiently, help us narrow down our Logo contest entries to a winner! We have moved on to the finalists round and created a poll out of some of our favorite options and we would like your opinion on the current choices.

Please view the poll and entires here: https://99designs.com/logo-design/vote-m1000k

We would love to hear your feedback. Keep in mind we will be making the final choice, but we would love to hear your thoughts!

I vote for #43by 99"aries  Cool
GreXX

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 07:05:36 PM

Logo Update

I vote for #43by 99"aries  Cool

Yeah I hope people understand where we were going now. We don't dislike the Lunate Sigma, just felt like a more stylized and professional / exciting logo would be nice.

Although I do kind of have a thing for #52. Something about it is intriguing. Maybe it's just the thought of having our own giant windowed office building, lol.

Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 07:17:55 PM

Logo Update

GreXX, to be honest, none of them really look that great. The fonts used in a lot of them are either too bland or simply unprofessional. #52, looks the most professional, but it's very bland and doesn't really relate to Crypti all that much. #47 by afterclouds, stands out more but the font used in it in't that grand.
GreXX

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 07:20:00 PM

Logo Update

GreXX, to be honest, none of them really look that great. The fonts used in a lot of them are either too bland or simply unprofessional. #52, looks the most professional, but it's very bland and doesn't really relate to Crypti all that much. #47 by afterclouds, stands out more but the font used in it in't that grand.

Well we are in the tailoring phase to help them improve the designs so we can pick a finalist. These are the kinds of things we can tweak now that we have ideas of the look.

Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:30:46 PM

Logo Update

Well we are in the tailoring phase to help them improve the designs so we can pick a finalist. These are the kinds of things we can tweak now that we have ideas of the look.

I cant vote becasue there is not a "NONE OF THE ABOVE" choice.  Can you add one?

Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 07:42:47 PM

Okay, as I mentioned earlier I didn't really like any of the new logo designs. I've adapted the current logo to create the one below, if you notice the "C" has been edited slightly to look less chunky. I've kept the Crypti font as I really like it and I've tried to keep the same color scheme as the current one. So just to show you guys what I mean, here it is :

#Take note I didn't have access to the actual font used in the current logo, I had to re-create it in Illustrator so that's why the fonts may look a bit jagged and rough. Also I just re-did this in about 10 minutes so the quality isn't all that good, when i have more time I'll redo it proper.

GreXX

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 07:51:42 PM

Okay, as I mentioned earlier I didn't really like any of the new logo designs. I've adapted the current logo to create the one below, if you notice the "C" has been edited slightly to look less chunky. I've kept the Crypti font as I really like it and I've tried to keep the same color scheme as the current one. So just to show you guys what I mean, here it is :

#Take note I didn't have access to the actual font used in the current logo, I had to re-create it in Illustrator so that's why the fonts may look a bit jagged and rough. Also I just re-did this in about 10 minutes so the quality isn't all that good, when i have more time I'll redo it proper.

So you think #52 is "bland" but not our current logo or the one you just posted? What is your definition of bland?

Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 08:04:22 PM

So you think #52 is "bland" but not our current logo or the one you just posted? What is your definition of bland?

I think Crypti's current logo, suits Crypti a lot better than #52.

#52 is what you call a generic design.  It doesn't relate to Crypti in any way, it has a font that is very similar to other widely used fonts, and the color's used in it are from a "general" color palette. What this all means is that #52 is a design that can be applied to any brand, wheter it be a food brand, bank, newspaper etc. It's not tailor-made for Crypti, I wouldn't be surprised if the designer who posted this design also uses it for another contest.
hobogo

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:04:57 PM

Logo Update

I cant vote becasue there is not a "NONE OF THE ABOVE" choice.  Can you add one?

I simply don't get it.
from the blog post: "We will add the link here and post it in the BTT Thread as soon as we open the contest. "
I've inquired myself for this link couple of times, then when finally got a response it ignored the ongoing contest.
Please note that I do not care about the contest prize, or the glory of contributing my skills. I've invested my own free time. I didn't expect much, but one can clearly see I put some efforts. So a nice "completely off course, please fuck off" PM could be nice.

Those choices you got there are typical 99 designs style, not in the good way.
stylized≠professional. sorry those are amateurish ready made concepts. If you are the ones that need to give those guys ideas how to make them better, I hope your design skills are good.

megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:12:43 PM

I think the designs are pretty nice.

I vote #43by 99"aries

What is the prize?

GreXX

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 08:15:28 PM

I think Crypti's current logo, suits Crypti a lot better than #52.

#52 is what you call a generic design.  It doesn't relate to Crypti in any way, it has a font that is very similar to other widely used fonts, and the color's used in it are from a "general" color palette. What this all means is that #52 is a design that can be applied to any brand, wheter it be a food brand, bank, newspaper etc. It's not tailor-made for Crypti, I wouldn't be surprised if the designer who posted this design also uses it for another contest.

While I don't think #52 is going to be our choice, it actually does represent the end goal results of Crypti in a way that were described. It is tailored to the idea as described I think in several ways.

The current logo is a C with a dot and is a default font character.

How is that not generic? How does a C with a dot "fit crypti a lot better" than anything other than the fact that we are used to it?

"A dotted lunate sigma (sigma periestigmenon, encoded at U+03FE Ͼ) was used by Aristarchus of Samothrace as an editorial sign indicating that the line so marked is at an incorrect position. Similarly, an antisigma or reversed sigma (Ͻ) may mark a line that is out of place. A dotted antisigma or dotted reversed sigma (antisigma periestigmenon: Ͽ) may indicate a line after which rearrangements should be made, or to variant readings of uncertain priority."

Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 08:20:08 PM

Logo Update

I simply don't get it.
from the blog post: "We will add the link here and post it in the BTT Thread as soon as we open the contest. "
I've inquired myself for this link couple of times, then when finally got a response it ignored the ongoing contest.
Please note that I do not care about the contest prize, or the glory of contributing my skills. I've invested my own free time. I didn't expect much, but one can clearly see I put some efforts. So a nice "completely off course, please fuck off" PM could be nice.

Those choices you got there are typical 99 designs style, not in the good way.
stylized≠professional. sorry those are amateurish ready made concepts. If you are the ones that need to give those guys ideas how to make them better, I hope your design skills are good.

Totally agree. What I don't get is that you guys have over 750 BTC, which as you said you intend to use within one year, but you revert to a cheap freelance site for your designs, where you pay at max $ 250 for a bunch of horrible designs.

I know that GreXX is your creative designer, and he would have asked for more of a budget, but to the rest of the team, what does it take you to realise how much of an impact design actually makes.
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:27:19 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2014, 08:40:59 PM by Vagnavs

I see were down to the finalists, that's a bit disappointing.. I don't see any designs I care for. I like our current one better than most of those.. I was going to suggest the contest to some designers I know.
Regards,
Brian

Avalanche is a must own
GreXX

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 08:39:41 PM

So we can't add the current logo to the poll on 99designs, but if you think that the current logo is better than any of the new choices, please voice that opinion. Thanks!

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:40:26 PM

Current logo is way better any of those.

Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 08:46:50 PM

So we can't add the current logo to the poll on 99designs, but if you think that the current logo is better than any of the new choices, please voice that opinion. Thanks!

Current logo.
Pages: « 1 ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 [359] 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: