Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:40:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 [360] 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804602 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:00:08 PM

Current logo

Avalanche is a must own
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:12:32 PM

Current logo is even a logo? Its just a C with a dot.  Huh

Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:17:15 PM

Current logo is even a logo? Its just a C with a dot.  Huh

Compared to the finalists.. Yes, absolutely current logo over those designs.. I suggest they open up the competition again..

Avalanche is a must own
wosch76
Legendary

Activity: 942
Merit: 1026

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:55:38 PM

you should stay with the current logo

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Sharky444

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 10:38:18 PM

Any eta on the Windows client?

Radix - just imagine
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 11:06:38 PM

Technically you aren't stakeholders. Just to clear that up. You have no stake in any company. You bought a product that has been delivered and has value.

Technically this is true, we bought a product which has been delivered.

But this attitude is not a healthy one for Crypti devs to adopt and I urge you to dream bigger.

Trust me, you REALLY REALLY want for your users to feel like "stakeholders" and not just "product buyers".

"Product buyers"  can become "product dumpers" at the press of a button and never give Crypti a second thought as it fades away in their rear view mirror on the way to their next cryptocoin purchase.

"Stakeholders" WANT YOU TO SUCCEED.  "Stakeholders" WILL STAND BY YOU WHEN FORGING FREEZES DUE TO A GLITCH.  "Stakeholders" WILL ADD THEIR EFFORTS TO YOUR OWN AND SO MAKE CRYPTI BETTER.

Technically, you've got product buyers.  Practically, you need stakeholders. 

If somebody classifies themselves as a Crypti stakeholder (like me), NEVER NEVER NEVER tell them their dream and enthusiasm and hope is technically just the same as buying a can of soda out of a vending machine.

Crypti will go a lot farther if you heed this advice.

samsmith16

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 11:41:20 PM

Technically you aren't stakeholders. Just to clear that up. You have no stake in any company. You bought a product that has been delivered and has value.

But this attitude is not a healthy one for Crypti devs to adopt and I urge you to dream bigger.

Trust me, you REALLY REALLY want for your users to feel like "stakeholders" and not just "product buyers".

"Product buyers"  can become "product dumpers" at the press of a button and never give Crypti a second thought as it fades away in their rear view mirror on the way to their next cryptocoin purchase.

"Stakeholders" WANT YOU TO SUCCEED.  "Stakeholders" WILL STAND BY YOU WHEN FORGING FREEZES DUE TO A GLITCH.  "Stakeholders" WILL ADD THEIR EFFORTS TO YOUR OWN AND SO MAKE CRYPTI BETTER.

If somebody classifies themselves as a Crypti stakeholder (like me), NEVER NEVER NEVER tell them their dream and enthusiasm and hope is technically just the same as buying a can of soda out of a vending machine.

I feel like this is just a difference of  opinion of the definition of the word "stakeholder"

I will tell you this these past few days the Team can now see just how Great the Crypti community is!! It has been very long days and your support has kept us going!! Trust me we feel the community is very important and we all take what you say seriously. With this community and all that the team is working on Crypti will be a moving force!! We want to here from you about the logo and many things in the future.. Thank you all very much for the support!!

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:36:23 AM

This notion that the investors are not stakeholders doesn't work in crypto - Crypti investors are alot closer to stakeholders than "product" holders.

-If I buy a can of coke and coke the company raises in value by 10,000% I still have 1 can of coke.

-If I buy 1% of the stake in Crypti and the protocol sees a rise in value of 10,000%, I am rich. The worth of the protocol is reflected in my stake/share in the protocol. This is almost nothing like a "product" in my estimation. 

That there are no voting rights or a board to participate in means little considering the above.

GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 01:00:13 AM

With all due respect, I don't see it that way. The term stakeholder is tied to the financial sector and corporate stakeholders. The term stakeholder defines people who buy shares in a corporation and may or may not have voting rights on the future of that corporation because they own shares.

We aren't a corporation.

We are an idea and the team that is trying to bring that idea, that vision to fruition.

If you believe you are part of Crypti because you bought something, or if you think we owe you XYZ because you bought ABC, and you approach us as such, then I consider you a "Stakeholder". If you are just in it to see a ROI, then I consider you a "stakeholder".

What you are describing is what I consider to be a supporter, an enthusiast, or just in general, someone who loves Crypti for the idea, for what it can become, irrespective of it's effect on your pocket book.

Crypti is run by a Foundation and not a corporation for a reason. We made the decision to bring the community in and to build this together.

We come to the community for feedback and support for a reason. We understand how important you are, but we understand that it isn't because you bought XCR in the pre-sale, it's because you BELIEVE in this idea, and this team. If you call yourself a "stakeholder" you are vastly underestimating your impact here, what you mean to this team, and what we believe you bring to the table.

A "stakeholder" asks for an update because their valuation decreased. A "stakeholder" asks for us to fix the damn block-chain so the price will go up or so they can dump because the "charts look bad".

We aren't here for all of that. Would making us all a boatload of money be great? Of course, but it isn't the motivating factor. We believe that this idea has the potential to be something greater. To make a real impact beyond the pocket books of a small few. That's why we are here.

I'm not here working my ass off for pennies on the dollar for someone who just considers themselves a "stakeholder" or an "investor".

I'm here because of you.

I'm here because of the community that has built around this idea and that has supported us up to this point and will continue to support us tomorrow.

I'm here for those who understand that this idea is huge and that there will be road-bumps and difficulties and times where we may screw up. We ARE human after all.

Don't sell yourself short with arbitrary titles meant for stuffy old men in ties on Wall Street.

To us, you are way more than that. You are an integral part of what makes this machine work. You are the lifeblood of this entire project and the reason it will ultimately succeed.

You aren't "stakeholders".

You're Team Crypti.

LetMeKnow

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:32:15 AM

Current logo

Ok, let me give my opinion also...

I think the current logo is actually pretty nice just maybe little work on colour. Also the current logo fonts have some character.
The way i see it logo should be simple to remember with 1-2 colour that represents overal design. Its shouldnt be too much of a grafic but more simple colours. It should also look good on a black-white form but thats just plus. If you look at some of the famous companies you can see they have very simple logos. And people can remember them easily.

About designs in a contest i have to say
#47by afterclouds looks ok, but its little to sharp, esspecialy if you are targeting design not just for Crypto community but also wider population. It remind me of scorpion, hehe, maybe thats good dont know.

#52by Y.O.L.O also looks good but it has to many stripes - at least too many to be easily memorable as a logo. Less is more! Font could have a little more character esspecialy if the same font would then be used on website.

#42by 99"aries has too much "items" for me. (i dont know whats the right term)

For others i think they dont fit Crypti!

Ok, i do have to sleep this through and tomorow i can let you know which one i like the most Smiley
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:54:05 AM

You're Team Crypti.

You say to-MA-to, I say to-MAH-to...
GreXX

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 02:39:43 AM

You're Team Crypti.

You say to-MA-to, I say to-MAH-to...

Ok, lets try to get back to what we are here for and that is, getting this train moving. It's going to take all of us.

Boris and SyRenity are working hard to get the code right, Sebastian and Eric are working their butts off testing it to make sure it's going to work, and A.M. and I are trying to work out this logo and design issue (as well as testing). A.M. will also be meeting hopefully this week to try to resolve the new developer issue.

In the meantime, I would like to start setting up some kind of weekly, or biweekly talks with the community in an organized type of fashion. I'd like to hear your thoughts on what you would like to see in this regard.

For now, let us get the code fixed, let us get the new version and windows wallet out, and then maybe we can explain this process, what happened, and where we are at on future roadmap items and development.

From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:48:40 AM

why no local crypti node for Macintosh ?

~CfA~

HunterMinerCrafter

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:58:01 AM

Well PoS isn't really a good explanation but it was the only term people would understand.

If it is not really a good explanation then don't explain it as that.  Find a better word/phrase for it.  Make one up and define it in your whitepaper if you have too.

I find this very funny because you say you have three PoS algorithms, none of which are PoS algorithms.  Then you say you have no stakeholders and no PoS system, when you (of course) do have both, just like Bitcoin.  (The fact that you might not utilize those proofs as a part of the mining and subsidy process is irrelevant - the whole function of the network is still to be a secure ledger, a proven record open interest or "stake.")

Stake never even factors in aside from the 1000 XCR required to forge. So really it's not an accurate description.

Certainly these details are not well clarified anywhere, people in your thread seem to be repeatedly surprised by the stuff going on in your protocol.
GreXX

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 03:16:38 AM

Well PoS isn't really a good explanation but it was the only term people would understand.

If it is not really a good explanation then don't explain it as that.  Find a better word/phrase for it.  Make one up and define it in your whitepaper if you have too.

I find this very funny because you say you have three PoS algorithms, none of which are PoS algorithms.  Then you say you have no stakeholders and no PoS system, when you (of course) do have both, just like Bitcoin.  (The fact that you might not utilize those proofs as a part of the mining and subsidy process is irrelevant - the whole function of the network is still to be a secure ledger, a proven record open interest or "stake.")

Stake never even factors in aside from the 1000 XCR required to forge. So really it's not an accurate description.

Certainly these details are not well clarified anywhere, people in your thread seem to be repeatedly surprised by the stuff going on in your protocol.

We call it PoT / PoP / PoI in everything that we wrote or the "Hybrid Proof System". But initially, because that didn't make sense in a quick title blurb, the original title called it 3 PoS algorithms to try to make it understandable to the casual glance. At the end of the day it's just semantics, but you are right that we should come up with a better way to quickly reference it. I'll bring it up internally.

The system is completely outlined in multiple places with in depth explanations of how we determine who forges a block and what the system is based on. To say that it is not clarified anywhere and use that as an explanation for why people here are often surprised is misleading. People here are often surprised because they didn't bother to read the associated materials or do any research.

GreXX

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 04:58:21 AM

BTW, on a side note, is anyone planning on attending the Inside Bitcoin - Las Vegas conference in October?

Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 10:33:12 AM

Here's one I made.  I prefer simplicity.

That's actually not half bad, heck of a lot better than the ones on 99designs.  Just I think it looks better inverted, currently it reminds me a bit of a re-cycle logo Tongue

Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 10:41:23 AM

Here's the above logo with a new color palette :

Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 10:53:57 AM

Here's the above logo with a new color palette :

I actually quite like the logo unchi made, so I've re-done his version of the logo with some new fonts

Canter :

Mohave :

Bebas Nueue :

Proxima Nova :

atleticofa

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:03:04 AM

I don't like the logos from 99desings, neither the last one.  Cry

Pages: « 1 ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 [360] 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: