Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:38:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 [562] 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984113 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rtstrx

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 04:34:28 PM

Patience, the mother of science / Paciencia, la madre de la ciencia.

No to hurry.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 05:35:53 PM

wait and see

lol. I'll be dead. I don't want to wait and see. But here are my 2 cents.

Who is in Mars that we need to communicate with? Darth Vader?

Light maybe 40% faster in vacuum but to go up to outer space and back has 2 factors to consider: latency and weather.

Finally, based on Shannon–Hartley theorem, bandwidth is limited to megabits for satellite transmissions. So, I am not sure if he knows what he is talking about. Powerful light beams? That is also subject to weather and clouds. It needs clear line of sight.

All I'd say is good luck. I won't be around if it ever happens at all, for sure.

Edit: One more thing. Bandwidth spectrum is a limited commodity.

I can appreciate your thoughts but trust me, it's not everyday that you get to challenge a man of his calibre. When he talks about technology and internet, he knows a thing or two(co-founded zip2 and paypal, remember?), when he talks about space, science and engineering he also seems to know a thing or two, being the founder, CEO and CTO of a private company who builds rockets for a living(and makes money out of it by delivering cargo for NASA) and at the same time being CEO of a company who builds probably the most advanced cars in the world. All this(and the satellite part) is actually part of a grand vision he has and through which he pushes step by step - to help speed up the advent of sustainable production and consumption of energy(in the case of cars) and advance civilization to a multi-planetary species(in the case of rockets).

So my suggestion would be to do your homework and see what this guys is really upto before you even think of laying out arguments against something you lack info of. He might really surprise you actually. Wink

P.S. Here is an older yet interesting video worth the watch: http://www.ted.com/talks/elon_musk_the_mind_behind_tesla_spacex_solarcity?language=en

Anyway lets get back to NEM.  Smiley

If you have read what that article was about, we were in the context of "High speed Space Internet" and not about rockets or cars.

It is not as if I spent one moment to think about this. No one has proven and can prove or show that satellite is the panacea to our Internet problems. He may be a great entrepreneur, leader and what not. But remember, science is a proven fact. I quoted Shannon–Hartley theorem. If your read about that and you understand Engineering and Physics, which is my background, that cannot be disputed. Further if you understand Bandwidth Spectrum and how it is a scarce commodity plus how it is being allocated and use, you will also understand how this can pose to be a big problem.

Building rockets is a different story. It has nothing to do with electromagnetic radiation. Electromagnetic radiation is almost fully utilised in the lower bands on earth.

c = fλ is the very basis of electromagnetic radiation. It is a known fact that high frequency bands have more photonic energy. For outerspace propagation, one can possibly use high frequency transmission. But as soon as it enters earth's atmosphere, this will get dispersed by the large molecules of water and pollutants and will render these high frequency transmission useless. High frequency propagation is therefore used for short distances of a few kilometres at most because of its high interactivity with water molecules in the air.

Shannon effect cannot be ignored too. It basically says that the number of bits per second is proportional to the channel bandwidth. If we are to carry gigabits like fibre, this will mean lower frequencies is a non starter. Further, low frequency radio waves will interfere with an overcrowded space on earth which will introduce noise and interference to these signals. With decreased signal to noise ratio, error rates will increase thereby rendering the data signal unusable.

We therefore cannot use low frequency bands nor can we use high frequency bands.  What else can we use then? Nothing! Unless Elon is saying that Einstein or Max Planck and quantum physics are all crap and that he has his own science which hitherto is not known to mankind. Otherwise, based on the above facts, he cannot possibly do anything.

Finally, don't forget that there is also latency to beam from earth to the satellite and back. For LEO and to avoid orbital decay, this can be as far away as 2000 km. The latency is already 13.33 ms handicap for a start vis-a-vis fibre optics.

One last thing before I close my case. Ever wondered why we cannot receive satellite TV when there is a thunderstorm? Talking about communicating with Mars for a start is already preposterous. Who the heaven in Elon's lifetime will want to live or can live in Mars. Not unless Elon wants to leave a precursor to a legacy behind.

Good luck Elon! Maybe he has an "e" to his name that I don't.  Grin

rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 05:38:39 PM

http://www.askamathematician.com/2011/08/q-if-light-slows-down-in-different-materials-then-how-can-it-be-a-universal-speed/

So technically it doesn't slow down but it does take longer to travel through something other than vacuum Wink

Yes, it is refraction of light and different media, therefore making it travel longer by a "40%" effect.
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:47:07 PM

NEM should have not only PoI but PoB also - Proof of Bitcointalk  Cheesy

In Pump and Dump we trust.
Coinshot

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 08:54:31 PM

Any update? The buzz has died down and activity in this thread has reduced.
Are they silver coins still to happen? I liked the idea of getting one.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

mixmaster

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 08:56:18 PM

The buzz has not died down. It moved to telegram.
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 09:01:19 PM

can you provide a link to this telegram?
mixmaster

Activity: 388

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 09:09:30 PM

https://telegram.org/
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 09:23:50 PM

Enter my cell phone number?  Fuck you, telegram.

NEM should have started a slack like supernet.

weak.
LemonAndFries

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 09:28:51 PM

Enter my cell phone number?  Fuck you, telegram.

weak.

++++++++
nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 09:50:24 PM

The devs aren't pulling a flanker
Its number 1 spot they hanker
You will soon ditch your banker
Except FuckingNem cos hes a  w...............!!!!!!!!

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 10:32:59 PM

Yeah, I see no point in debating, I'll just leave the guy speak for himself. Just remember this conversation when he does.  Smiley

Speaking of physics and engineering, frustrated by the 100 Billion train California wanted to build, last year he came up with a new mode of transport: the Hyperloop. From a performance perspective it looks incomparable to a train and it should also be an order of magnitude cheaper. The good thing is he has just announced he is starting to build a test track for it.

Back to NEM again.
MrPortMan

Activity: 616

TEZOS

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 10:50:01 PM

Telegram is Pavel Durov Smiley

https://vk.com/durov
https://twitter.com/durov

Why telegram?

Tezos address : KT1PPmJn9ZfVUSp6VDv92S7epKdZoU1cHV5f
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 11:20:03 PM

Enter my cell phone number?  Fuck you, telegram.

weak.

Honeypotgram  Cheesy

You can generate a fake number, though. Telegram lets you share up to 1.5Gb files per message, so it is really convenient.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 11:24:12 PM

Why telegram?

Are you Pavel Durov?  Wink
And when are you coming on Telegram???

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 11:35:44 PM

Any new newsletter please ??
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 12:27:26 AM

Too bad we aren't launching soon, changetip just made some huge waves.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 01:21:23 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2015, 04:25:43 AM by rockethead

Yeah, I see no point in debating, I'll just leave the guy speak for himself. Just remember this conversation when he does.  Smiley

Speaking of physics and engineering, frustrated by the 100 Billion train California wanted to build, last year he came up with a new mode of transport: the Hyperloop. From a performance perspective it looks incomparable to a train and it should also be an order of magnitude cheaper. The good thing is he has just announced he is starting to build a test track for it.

Back to NEM again.

Yup, also remember that this conversation was about his Space Internet that I doubt will pose a real challenge to terrestrial FO and not about Elon Musk other ventures. And also not about unwiring Mars. That I don't care and don't want to know as I doubt anyone of us will want to or live in Mars during my lifetime.
MrPortMan

TEZOS

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 03:53:44 AM

Why telegram?

Are you Pavel Durov?  Wink
And when are you coming on Telegram???

Lol, no Smiley I'm not Pavel Durov Cheesy

MrPortMan

TEZOS

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 04:01:03 AM

Hey guys, Fragmenter Smiley

http://fragmenter.net/?locale=en

Maybe we are can made for NEM our Fragmenter? PR & fun NEM.

Hey guys, my fragment - http://fragmenter.net/fragments/53096

Pages: « 1 ... 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 [562] 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: