Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:50:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 [574] 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984113 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zanzibar

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:01:25 PM

One thing I would like to really know is how NEM is going to outpace projects like Nxt.  Nxt seems like it's in very active development and has a really strong developer community.  I understand NEM has a large stakeholder list, many of whom are inactive, but I'd like to know what NEM will offer over Nxt.  It's not enough to have 3k stakeholders, that's miniscule and irrelevant in the big picture, you need to offer unique features and innovative projects to really grow a community.  Otherwise you'll have a "get rich quick" community, which is the worse.  POI is an exciting feature, but POS has shown that people don't care about better protocols.

As far as I know NXT has 4-5 main devs and NEM has 5.  NXT has about 5-10 secondary developers depending about how you classify them.  NEM right now might have 3-4 secondary devs, if that.  That being said, I think the numbers for secondary devs for NEM and hopefully main devs for NEM will grow substantially after launch.  While NEM has released an API for the NIS and the NCC is open-sourced completely, I think secondary devs are holding back for launch to start working and this is very understandable on their part. 

This team is very focused too where as NXT is very fragmented.  If you want proof, look at their roadmap.  NXT is in some ways the most advanced crypto, but I do think that NEM will also not only become very advanced, but will be able to address things that NXT hasn't.   

like multisig... Grin

Multisig isn't that unique. From what I've read, Nxt will have an account control feature that is much more powerful and maybe released before NEM. Nxt has dozens of independent developers working on their own projects.  I'm not trying to spread FUD, but it's a good idea for NEM to define itself and it's features independent of Nxt as there will always be a comparison.  POI is a good example and could be very disruptive if done successfully, but if it's just a small add on to POS, it's not that unique.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitZCoin

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 04:02:42 PM

ok im just going to be blunt here.

if you think there is no management.. who the hell kept nem going after UP left? just because we dont have a defined leader does not mean we dont have management..

your not just displaying a lack of faith now your being out right offensive to everyone who has helped organise things since UP's departure.

if "we are social".. since when do social collectives have a leader? generally social groups are based on equality and co-operation. so if "we are social" then things are being run exactly as they should be. and steve jobs was the CEO of an international company, not a decentralised crypto platform - management of apple and management of nem are not comparable in any way what so ever.

please just give it a rest before you offend the current management or the devs even more.. as good as a leader as he was, and as much as some people want him back, UP isnt coming back and thats just something your going to have to live with.

can we please put an end to this now?

It's much better to have several developers running a project than to have one project/marketing guy.  If UP sockpuppets had come out after launch, the project would be dead.

It's more like "the fith guy" in the development team, which will also make have us an odd number, which will be good to drive the ship in one direction when it comes to important questions.
I'm speaking for the against of dictate.. Also tell me who would be better for this job, than UP our founder? Instead of just complaining, you guys should better tell me at least just one better solution.
Also there's just no reason to complain about that, as he was our founder and at least more nember, than we ever could be. It's just fair and I think that should be a kind of moral, which should be the same all
over the world. So there's no need to complain about that, just because of this reason. There's just nothing to say against the truth. At least, he did a great job and it would be the best for all of us to have him back.
He was a good guy! So let's  ask him to join us "again".

Here it is: TakePart!
LemonAndFries

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:10:42 PM

if you think there is no management.. who the hell kept nem going after UP left? just because we dont have a defined leader does not mean we dont have management..

your not just displaying a lack of faith now your being out right offensive to everyone who has helped organise things since UP's departure.

if "we are social".. since when do social collectives have a leader? generally social groups are based on equality and co-operation. so if "we are social" then things are being run exactly as they should be. and steve jobs was the CEO of an international company, not a decentralised crypto platform - management of apple and management of nem are not comparable in any way what so ever.

please just give it a rest before you offend the current management or the devs even more.. as good as a leader as he was, and as much as some people want him back, UP isnt coming back and thats just something your going to have to live with.

It's much better to have several developers running a project than to have one project/marketing guy.  If UP sockpuppets had come out after launch, the project would be dead.

It's more like "the fith guy" in the development team, which will also make have us an odd number, which will be good to drive the ship in one direction when it comes to important questions.
I'm speaking for the against of dictate.. Also tell me who would be better for this job, than UP our founder? Instead of just complaining, you guys should better tell me at least just one better solution.
Also there's just no reason to complain about that, as he was our founder and at least more nember, than we ever could be. It's just fair and I think that should be a kind of moral, which should be the same all
over the world. So there's no need to complain about that, just because of this reason. There's just nothing to say against the truth. At least, he did the best job and it would be good for all of us to have him back.
So let's  ask him, to join us "again".

Are you serious about UtopianFuture?  That guy basically gamed the system and greed won over him.

The same guy who proposed "no envy movement", yet he made several sockpuppets and who knows how many more stakes he kept to gain ahead of everyone else.

No trust in UP, the guy is a scammer but fortunately we have some very talented people who took the NEM project and is turning it into something legitimate.
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 04:20:57 PM

This sounds like UP the "sungod". Sorry, but take a look at gawminers/hashtalks forum, its like an sect there. Anything "sungod" garza says/writes/tells is the truth and ONLY the truth. Finally people got scammed by them. NEM did well without UP and NEM will do well without UP. There are a lot of good devs, leaders, what ever out there. IF NEM is successfull, we dont need to search for competent people, we can select.
zanzibar

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:30:32 PM

I would say absolutely don't bring back UP, that would be a huge mistake.  Kodtycoon can fill his shoes just fine.
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:35:03 PM

I think a lot of the energy being expended in this discussion about something fairly irrelevant could better be spent thinking up ways to further grow our movement. What do you say? Tongue

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:18:10 PM

I think a lot of the energy being expended in this discussion about something fairly irrelevant could better be spent thinking up ways to further grow our movement. What do you say? Tongue

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
zanzibar

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:30:04 PM

For those who don't know the history, UP basically pulled together several developers out of Nxt (not Gimre, he hated Nxt from the beginning Smiley) with promises that we will never know (perhaps profit) but under the premise of a more fair distribution.  At the time, Nxt was valued much higher and distribution was the biggest complaint.  I don't think there is a place for UP in NEM anymore, his time has past and the development team of NEM gives the project 1000x more credibility in my opinion.  You don't want an entire project dependent on one guy with questionable ethics.
yeyo101

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:50:57 PM

Lets not loose focus on getting this coin from going live. Don't get sucked in to this UF drama which gets you talking about something else other than getting this coin released. Launch the NEM then talk about bringing UF back. Geez all the drama and delays are just discouraging.

Devs you've done a great JOB so it's time to show that. I personally think bringing UF back is a bad idea. that's about all I'm goin to comment about UF.

RELEASE THIS BEAST ALREADY
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:00:13 PM

BitZCoin, I think it would be best if you could chill with the UF story. If he wants to come back, he knows where to find NEM. Anyway, we're past that story now have more important things to attend to. Hopefully launch will not be too far away and we will be able to offer some status updates.

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:18:04 PM

Some status updated will be great

Thanks in advance
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:57:24 PM

For those who don't know the history, UP basically pulled together several developers out of Nxt (not Gimre, he hated Nxt from the beginning Smiley)

Gimre hated Nxt from beginning? Why then was he active writing Javascript code for Nxt?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=404321.20

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 08:25:46 PM

Ah so we are bring back old stuff eh? Well in that case;

I think we should change the logo back to the cube.  Cheesy Grin Wink

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
interbtc

Activity: 451

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 09:30:02 PM

+for return of UP
up was a brilliant leader
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 09:44:38 PM

I want to invest into NEM and buy some NEMStakes on the NXT AE. Just two questions:

1) When is the fully source code release of NEM planned? I mean the complete release of NIC and NIS?

2) Where can I find the latest NEM client version?

Thanks!
NEMergizer

Activity: 313
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 10:25:17 PM

BitZCoin, I think it would be best if you could chill with the UF story. If he wants to come back, he knows where to find NEM. Anyway, we're past that story now have more important things to attend to. Hopefully launch will not be too far away and we will be able to offer some status updates.

Hopefully launch will not be too far away? Are you telling us to expect another unknown wave of delay?
yeyo101

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 11:22:08 PM

Hopefully launch will not be too far away? Are you telling us to expect another unknown wave of delay?

That's basically what they're hinting.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 12:10:09 AM

One thing I would like to really know is how NEM is going to outpace projects like Nxt.  Nxt seems like it's in very active development and has a really strong developer community.  I understand NEM has a large stakeholder list, many of whom are inactive, but I'd like to know what NEM will offer over Nxt.  It's not enough to have 3k stakeholders, that's miniscule and irrelevant in the big picture, you need to offer unique features and innovative projects to really grow a community.  Otherwise you'll have a "get rich quick" community, which is the worse.  POI is an exciting feature, but POS has shown that people don't care about better protocols.

This isn't the NXT thread.
I'm not worried about NXT or how many devs they have (even though it is more or less just poor JeanLuc Cry).
NEM is qualitatively different. We are aiming to go far past BTC. Focusing on coins with only a few thousand users is not interesting.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 12:16:43 AM

For those who don't know the history, UP basically pulled together several developers out of Nxt (not Gimre, he hated Nxt from the beginning Smiley)

Gimre hated Nxt from beginning? Why then was he active writing Javascript code for Nxt?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=404321.20

None of the devs ever hated NXT  Smiley

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 12:18:08 AM

That's basically what they're hinting.

We will launch when we are ready. The question is, will YOU be ready?  Wink

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Pages: « 1 ... 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 [574] 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: