Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:38:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 [572] 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984113 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 03:20:28 AM

It seems like everyday NXT is getting more and more accepted amongst the wider crypto community and is starting to open the door to in people's minds that something other than PoW is acceptable.

I'm happy about this because I think once the door has been cracked now there is a chance to open it wide. I feel like NEM has a lot of good things going for it and think all this patient waiting will be worth it.

It's great that people are finally starting to realize that mining is unnecessary.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:30:29 AM

Many people think though that Bitcoin itself may not have a future, but the blockchain technology will - so there's no reason why innovative, groundbreaking projects like NEM can't get some serious momentum.

That's the thing. How do we know that NEM is "groundbreaking" when it doesn't really even exist yet? I am more interested in the PON model of mining at this point: PROOF OF NEM

Can we get some of that around here? February what? Please make the date firm. No more squirming around. If something isn't quite 100%, screw it, release it anyway. That's what Counterparty and NXT did and they've done just fine since.

So please stop all the talk about how great NEM is until it actually exists.

+1

NEM is a movement and exists here and now, with you.
You don't need to wait until the currency is pump and dumpable on exchanges to build our movement.

My main concern is if there is going to be a big dump after launch

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:59:21 AM

Many people think though that Bitcoin itself may not have a future, but the blockchain technology will - so there's no reason why innovative, groundbreaking projects like NEM can't get some serious momentum.

That's the thing. How do we know that NEM is "groundbreaking" when it doesn't really even exist yet? I am more interested in the PON model of mining at this point: PROOF OF NEM

Can we get some of that around here? February what? Please make the date firm. No more squirming around. If something isn't quite 100%, screw it, release it anyway. That's what Counterparty and NXT did and they've done just fine since.

+1

You don't need to wait until the currency is pump and dumpable on exchanges to build our movement.

My main concern is there won't be a launch.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 04:12:44 AM

+1

My main concern is there won't be a launch.

That's not a concern I have.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
Istanbul34

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 09:09:11 AM

Multisig is a killer feature. But be careful that it doesn't kill NEM   Tongue
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 09:36:52 AM

NEM has Wikipedia articles in English and Chinese and more languages such as German to come soon.  If you like working on articles, please come by and help out. :-)

https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%96%B0%E7%BB%8F%E5%B8%81
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEM_-_New_Economy_Movement

BitZCoin

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 10:05:35 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2015, 10:35:58 AM by BitZCoin

Just a conciliatory measure.

What would you guys think of asking utopianfuture/up to get back on the board with us?
With Telegram, Nem is already a kind of social, that's where I'm seeing us.
But there's definitely the need to bring some structure back, in our building. Up, was pretty good in that.
He's just a human like all of us and the human kind of living, just has it's mistakes. It's that simple.
I say, at least we should ask him, to be with us again. He's our odd number, no matter if he's a developer or not.
He will bring us back some structure, at least I say he should have the chance for that and I would be thankful, if he would take it.

Here it is: TakePart!
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 10:09:24 AM

What would you guys think of asking utopianfuture/up to get back on the board with us?
But there's definitely the need to bring some structure back, in our building. Up, was pretty good in that.
He's just a human like all of us and the human kind of living, just has it's mistakes. It's that simple.
I say, at least we should ask him, to be with us again. He's our odd number, no matter if he's a developer or not.
He will bring us back some structure, at least I say he should have the chance for that and I would be thankful, if he would take it.

I'm not against UP coming back but there is no lack of structure right now. It might not be as appearant but there is actually a well defined structure. Unless by structure you mean having 1 shot caller at the top - that's we don't have (and that makes for some process' being slower) but I'm not sure people want that.

Anyway, I'd be glad to have him back. He started this afterall and I'd actually be very interested in hearing what he thinks of the progress.

BitZCoin

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 10:13:49 AM

I'm not against UP coming back but there is no lack of structure right now. It might not be as appearant but there is actually a well defined structure. Unless by structure you mean having 1 shot caller at the top - that's we don't have (and that makes for some process' being slower) but I'm not sure people want that.

Anyway, I'd be glad to have him back. He started this afterall and I'd actually be very interested in hearing what he thinks of the progress.

+1000000 for every single word!

amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 10:41:06 AM

I'd have no problem with having him back at all.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 10:53:43 AM

sorry to say that, but are you serious? even now, a lot of people dont take nem serious, because of those release delays. if up comes back some people will think, oh, look at them, they dont even get their own coin ready to release, they need their sockpuppet guy again to get it back on track.... seriously, if the community wants him back, do it, but this could destroy nems image massive. mark my words.
BitZCoin

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 11:29:11 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2015, 11:40:23 AM by BitZCoin

sorry to say that, but are you serious? even now, a lot of people dont take nem serious, because of those release delays. if up comes back some people will think, oh, look at them, they dont even get their own coin ready to release, they need their sockpuppet guy again to get it back on track.... seriously, if the community wants him back, do it, but this could destroy nems image massive. mark my words.

Yeah, seriously! Sry for saying that, but I don't give a fuck about the community!
Nem is much more huge, than just the BTT. Also NEM won't be a coin. NEM will be social! And sociality means forgiveness! It's that simple.
We are no Coin. We are NEM!.. And we'll need him!
That simple. Utopianfuture was the beginning and also will be part of the future. At least part of our history.
I will be glad to have him back for that and I hope you guys are with me. We are NEM. We are social. And at least, we will reinvent the wheel! We are no headless snake. We are UP. We are we!.. And at
least we'll have the response to care about ourselves and to get the maximum out of what we are! We'll need him and as I said, I would be grateful, to have him back WITH us. Also, we should be grateful, to have him back with us! That simple.

amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 11:41:32 AM

I don't think it's that we NEED him back, it's just that I wouldn't mind if he wanted to return. Forgiveness is an important trait to have in any community.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
BitZCoin

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 11:45:37 AM

I don't think it's that we NEED him back, it's just that I wouldn't mind if he wanted to return. Forgiveness is an important trait to have in any community.
There is the need to have him back. And yeah, so let's be the first one to handle it. There won't be any problem with selling that^^ Smiley
I want us to build up a direction. Even more accurate than it is so far. And therefore, we'll need him. He'll be our odd number!

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 11:56:52 AM

There is the need to have him back. And yeah, so let's be the first one to handle it. There won't be any problem with selling that^^ Smiley
I want us to build up a direction. Even more accurate than it is so far. And therefore, we'll need him. He'll be our odd number!

I'm with amy. There is no need.

BitZCoin

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 12:09:54 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2015, 12:38:03 PM by BitZCoin

I'm saying, everyone should paint his own visualization, but at least the goal should be what we are and what we are standing for. I don't care about subjective opinions.
We are we. We are Nem. And together we are much more than that.

Let's ask him! I would be interested in hearing what he's saying about our progresses, too. He was the guy, with the vision. So who are we to don't get him back on the board. He is the reason why we are here.
He deserved his place, more than anyone of us. Also I think it will be our alls best, to have him back with us, as we are all part of his idea.
Let's give it a try. Smiley We are Nem. There's no reason to compare ourselves.  

mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:11:57 PM

imho UF is here with diffrent forum profile name.

He has plenty accounts opened in january & february 2014

IOTA
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 12:33:17 PM

imho UF is here with diffrent forum profile name.

He has plenty accounts opened in january & february 2014

For example, which accounts?

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 12:36:05 PM

I don't think there is a need for him to come back with the same username. If he did want to help out, he is free to do so. NEM is a movement made of normal people and anyone can and should participate. We should all be working together to create a new economy, rather than complaining about delays. NEM has a lot of potential to change the world for the better. Let's try to put ourselves aside and work together for the greater good  Smiley

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
BitZCoin

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 12:39:16 PM

I don't think there is a need for him to come back with the same username. If he did want to help out, he is free to do so. NEM is a movement made of normal people and anyone can and should participate. We should all be working together to create a new economy, rather than complaining about delays. NEM has a lot of potential to change the world for the better. Let's try to put ourselves aside and work together for the greater good  Smiley

+ 100000
I want him to be back with us!

Pages: « 1 ... 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 [572] 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: