Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:10:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 [575] 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984113 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 12:22:01 AM

I think a lot of the energy being expended in this discussion about something fairly irrelevant could better be spent thinking up ways to further grow our movement. What do you say? Tongue

RELEASE THE KRAKEN

Nemzilla is not enought big
He need to eat more sushi before the release probably next month from now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zanzibar

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 12:24:32 AM

One thing I would like to really know is how NEM is going to outpace projects like Nxt.  Nxt seems like it's in very active development and has a really strong developer community.  I understand NEM has a large stakeholder list, many of whom are inactive, but I'd like to know what NEM will offer over Nxt.  It's not enough to have 3k stakeholders, that's miniscule and irrelevant in the big picture, you need to offer unique features and innovative projects to really grow a community.  Otherwise you'll have a "get rich quick" community, which is the worse.  POI is an exciting feature, but POS has shown that people don't care about better protocols.

This isn't the NXT thread.
I'm not worried about NXT or how many devs they have (even though it is more or less just poor JeanLuc Cry).
NEM is qualitatively different. We are aiming to go far past BTC. Focusing on coins with only a few thousand users is not interesting.

So you can't compare NEM with any other crypto because it's the NEM thread? Roll Eyes  That's great and all, but how will you go far past BTC is my question?  You seem to be a bit arrogant and naive to think NEM will go from zero to beyond "a few thousand users".  But I'll save this post and revisit in a year.
zanzibar

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 12:27:10 AM

For those who don't know the history, UP basically pulled together several developers out of Nxt (not Gimre, he hated Nxt from the beginning Smiley)

Gimre hated Nxt from beginning? Why then was he active writing Javascript code for Nxt?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=404321.20

None of the devs ever hated NXT  Smiley

It was a joke, hence the smiley face.
zanzibar

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 12:29:18 AM

We will launch when we are ready. The question is, will YOU be ready?  Wink

I'm definitely ready for POI, I really hope it's more than a sloppy add on to POS, it could be a serious breakthrough in crypto.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 12:35:03 AM

I think a lot of the energy being expended in this discussion about something fairly irrelevant could better be spent thinking up ways to further grow our movement. What do you say? Tongue

RELEASE THE KRAKEN

Nemzilla is not enought big
He need to eat more sushi before the release probably next month from now

Don't forget the sake!

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 12:37:26 AM

One thing I would like to really know is how NEM is going to outpace projects like Nxt.  Nxt seems like it's in very active development and has a really strong developer community.  I understand NEM has a large stakeholder list, many of whom are inactive, but I'd like to know what NEM will offer over Nxt.  It's not enough to have 3k stakeholders, that's miniscule and irrelevant in the big picture, you need to offer unique features and innovative projects to really grow a community.  Otherwise you'll have a "get rich quick" community, which is the worse.  POI is an exciting feature, but POS has shown that people don't care about better protocols.

I'm not worried about NXT or how many devs they have (even though it is more or less just poor JeanLuc Cry).
NEM is qualitatively different. We are aiming to go far past BTC. Focusing on coins with only a few thousand users is not interesting.

So you can't compare NEM with any other crypto because it's the NEM thread? Roll Eyes  That's great and all, but how will you go far past BTC is my question?  You seem to be a bit arrogant and naive to think NEM will go from zero to beyond "a few thousand users".  But I'll save this post and revisit in a year.

Yes, let's revisit this 1 year from release  Cool

A yearly summary of NEM sounds like a good idea, actually, to track progress. It would be helpful to list up things that worked and things that didn't and learn from them.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
zanzibar

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 12:38:44 AM

Yes, let's revisit this 1 year from release  Cool

A yearly summary of NEM sounds like a good idea, actually, to track progress. It would be helpful to list up things that worked and things that didn't and learn from them.

Well, I like your confidence.  Smiley
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:44:15 AM

I'm definitely ready for POI, I really hope it's more than a sloppy add on to POS, it could be a serious breakthrough in crypto.

It's not a sloppy add on but it is an add-on. Of course only functionality-wise. No code from an existing POS implementation was used.

amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 08:03:47 AM

It's not a sloppy add on but it is an add-on. Of course only functionality-wise. No code from an existing POS implementation was used.

I think "evolution" is more appropriate than "add-on" myself. Smiley

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
Istanbul34

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 09:26:22 AM

imho UF is here with diffrent forum profile name.

He has plenty accounts opened in january & february 2014

For example, which accounts?

makoto1337
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 10:01:12 AM

i have an idea to attract new users :

Release a nem calendar with pictures of developpers in panties

glad i can help !
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 12:54:24 PM

BitZCoin, I think it would be best if you could chill with the UF story. If he wants to come back, he knows where to find NEM. Anyway, we're past that story now have more important things to attend to. Hopefully launch will not be too far away and we will be able to offer some status updates.

Hopefully launch will not be too far away? Are you telling us to expect another unknown wave of delay?

That's basically what they're hinting.

Nope, that's not my message.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 11:36:27 PM

imho UF is here with diffrent forum profile name.

He has plenty accounts opened in january & february 2014

For example, which accounts?

makoto1337

Well, I am trying to create a utopian future  Grin

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
NEMergizer

Activity: 313
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:44:16 AM

NEM has no relation to NXT. If it does, we wouldn't have been here at first place! Anyone still comparing NEM to NXT simply doesn't fully understand NEM.
NEMergizer

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:56:19 AM

BitZCoin, I think it would be best if you could chill with the UF story. If he wants to come back, he knows where to find NEM. Anyway, we're past that story now have more important things to attend to. Hopefully launch will not be too far away and we will be able to offer some status updates.

Hopefully launch will not be too far away? Are you telling us to expect another unknown wave of delay?

That's basically what they're hinting.

We are much more than ready. Actually we've been ready 6 months ago. The question is how far are you from being ready? Do you need any help or support from the community? We do understand and agree that things should be fully tested before release. However, we do believe that you should consider using more resources to boost up such involved process. Based on the latest crypto market and technology news, it seems that it had become critical that NEM should be released in February other wise NEM would lose a huge opportunity of extremely scaling in no time.
NEMergizer

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:58:14 AM

We've been naive about BTC once upon a time. We wouldn't repeat it with NEM Wink
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 04:09:05 AM

NEM pro tip: Don't buy worthless scam assets on the NXT asset exchange (https://nxtblocks.info/#section/assets_exchange/market/16349551126838875261).

The real NEMstake asset is asset id 12465186738101000735 (https://nxtblocks.info/#section/assets_exchange/market/12465186738101000735).

ESPECIALLY in crypto, if you see a deal that is too good to be true, it most certainly is!

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
rocker10

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:35:10 AM

By industry standards, our 1 minute block time is considered real-time.

The Global Move Towards Real-Time Payment Systems
http://webmag.co/global-move-towards-real-time-payment-systems/
GoldenUnity

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:50:03 AM

Hi guys, please can somebody help me? I am an original NEM stakeholder, having purchased a stake way back early last year - 2014. However, over the last 6 months i've been totally out of the crypto picture due to personal problems pulling me away from it all. I am now able to pick up from where i left off and was hoping that one of you kind nemsters could point me in the right direction in regards to what steps i need to take in order to claim my Nemstake, and the process involved. I am on the final NemStake shareholder list; but this is literally as far as i have gotten with it all. I would like to get my Nemstake and be prepared with the correct information so that if i need to, i can sell a little bit of it. Please help Smiley
vytasz7

Activity: 561

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 11:22:41 AM

Hi guys, please can somebody help me? I am an original NEM stakeholder, having purchased a stake way back early last year - 2014. However, over the last 6 months i've been totally out of the crypto picture due to personal problems pulling me away from it all. I am now able to pick up from where i left off and was hoping that one of you kind nemsters could point me in the right direction in regards to what steps i need to take in order to claim my Nemstake, and the process involved. I am on the final NemStake shareholder list; but this is literally as far as i have gotten with it all. I would like to get my Nemstake and be prepared with the correct information so that if i need to, i can sell a little bit of it. Please help Smiley

you can redeem it after launch , you cant sell it before you redeem it.
Pages: « 1 ... 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 [575] 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: