Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:32:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 [592] 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984114 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rtstrx

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 11:11:19 AM

Which is the link to see the nodes?  

This past link, graphic, does not open:

http://localhost:8989/ncc/web/sigma-graph/nemgraph.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 02:07:39 PM

Redemption deadline is 2/26! Please redeem your stakes.

Redemption guide is here: https://forum.nemcoin.com/nem-news-alerts/updated-redemption-guide/

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
smith coins

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 02:24:49 PM

Which is the link to see the nodes?  

This past link, graphic, does not open:

http://localhost:8989/ncc/web/sigma-graph/nemgraph.html

http://nembex.nem.ninja/#nodes
crimi

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 02:36:34 PM

Nem network currently doesn't look very promising:

https://i.imgur.com/ZHPGlve.png

20 nodes are not visible from the outside,
6 nodes are stuck or running 0.5.4  (0.5.6 should be coming soon)

From the 25 left, almost half of the nodes are dev's nodes.

Launch won't make any sense, as any exchange should not list us with such a small network...

I personally would not setup a single node before live version is not released. Left over stakes will be for node rewards etc... why worry?
If nem cant beat the flimsy 260~ Nxt full nodes in the long run coin distribution didn't matter that much in the first place and nem will have a low userbase aswell.
mixmaster

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 02:42:19 PM

I personally would not setup a single node before live version is not released. Left over stakes will be for node rewards etc... why worry?
Setting up a node for testnet will support the development and reduce the time needed to find bugs.
smith coins

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 03:00:17 PM

It's been awhile, but it's now time to move on and end stake redemption.

2/26 will be the deadline for stake redemption.
BTT redemption will continue later in the 2 month extended redemption period.
Nxt AE redemption will end forever on 2/26; your nemstake assets will be worthless after that, so please redeem!!!

A new econemy starts with you redeeming your stake  Smiley
Great news, launch is near  Cheesy

LOL, another deadline
it was there twice time
The developers have never committed to launch deadlines so it will come when it is ready and tested.
BlackShibe1

Activity: 260

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 03:04:17 PM

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:11:12 PM

What does that mean? Does Nem use UpNP?

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
crimi

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:37:41 PM

Nem network currently doesn't look very promising:

https://i.imgur.com/ZHPGlve.png

6 nodes are stuck or running 0.5.4  (0.5.6 should be coming soon)

From the 25 left, almost half of the nodes are dev's nodes.

Launch won't make any sense, as any exchange should not list us with such a small network...

If nem cant beat the flimsy 260~ Nxt full nodes in the long run coin distribution didn't matter that much in the first place and nem will have a low userbase aswell.

why would you not set up a node pre-launch to help with testing if you will make back the cost from node rewards later?

Probably because i stopped believing when pre launch was in september, coins were capped to 4 billions(oh that number doesnt bring luck) and made everyone that redeemed early his stake on Nxt AE look like an idiot by just giving new deadlines. 20% stackhodlers are allowed to do trading and 80% are sitting in limbo? To create silvercoins of nem is probably the most scammy aspect of it all, im a geek what the hell should i do with a peace of metal, what is this maxcoin, emunie 2.0?  Equality of opportunity? Nodes will be setup when it is worth the bandwidth! You can give even patient people a hard time...
mixmaster

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:51:30 PM

why would you not set up a node pre-launch to help with testing if you will make back the cost from node rewards later?
Probably because i stopped believing when pre launch was in september, coins were capped to 4 billions(oh that number doesnt bring luck) and made everyone that redeemed early his stake on Nxt AE look like an idiot by just giving new deadlines. 20% stackhodlers are allowed to do trading and 80% are sitting in limbo? To create silvercoins of nem is probably the most scammy aspect of it all, im a geek what the hell should i do with a peace of metal, what is this maxcoin, emunie 2.0?  Equality of opportunity? Nodes will be setup when it is worth the bandwidth! You can give even patient people a hard time...
"pre launch"? Don't know what that is supposed to be.

The change to 4 billion was a community decision, so I think it is nothing wrong with that (why do you even care?).

I agree that the NXT AE redemption deadline was confusing and not the best planning, but NEM stakes aren't there for speculating so I don't feel sorry for the people who already redeemed.

The silvercoins are assets and you can choose if you want a real coin. If not, just sell the asset. What was the problem for you again now?

@Setting up a node: I think it is worth the bandwith because more nodes increase the speed of development.
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 08:46:06 PM

Nxt AE redemption will end forever on 2/26; your nemstake assets will be worthless after that, so please redeem!!!

LOL, another deadline
it was there twice time
The developers have never committed to launch deadlines so it will come when it is ready and tested.

Um, I beg to differ, December was the official launch time as stated by the lead developer. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg9606979#msg9606979

Regardless of your misinformation, I am excited to see NEM on its way.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 09:00:42 PM

LOL, another deadline
it was there twice time

Um, I beg to differ, December was the official launch time as stated by the lead developer. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg9606979#msg9606979

That post is linked to Xtester and he is not the lead developer, nor a core developer, although otherwise good at other things.  The most active developer in the various communities (BTT / Facebook / Twitter / Telegram) is Makoto1337 and the nearest equivalent to a lead developer (IIRC) Is probably Jaguar0625.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=183319

I think there has been some core developers and non-core developers who wanted to launch months ago but, in retrospect, it probably wouldn't had accomplished much as all cryptos right now are in a slump.

The real difference for NEM, or any crypto coin for that matter, are ecosystem developments and unprecedented innovations.  Still at the end of the day this stuff may as well be lotto scratch tickets as nobody has really shared any ideas in how you can take 250,000 users (Bitcoin over 6 years) and match that number or even surpass it.   I'm thinking people need to work on wallet protection (such as NEM's blockchain based multisig) and bring in products and services that people (non-crypto geeks) need.   Stuff like Alt Nemo, SuperNet and NodePay are probably steps in the right direction. . .

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
crimi

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 09:11:35 PM

I agree that the NXT AE redemption deadline was confusing and not the best planning, but NEM stakes aren't there for speculating so I don't feel sorry for the people who already redeemed.

Every asset on the Nxt AE is made for speculating, expect of NEM it was made for further distribution? It actually made it worst...

The silvercoins are assets and you can choose if you want a real coin. If not, just sell the asset. What was the problem for you again now?

Who is responsible paying for it at the end? Do you not have to sell dev funds for it? I want a highly programmable currency nothing else, i dont want to start a silver gold collection  Grin.
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 09:16:33 PM

LOL, another deadline
it was there twice time

Important note: I'm not lead dev, nor a core dev, nor any developer for that matter.

As for the mentioned post, as with all posts regarding launch estimates, it was a mere approximation and should be treated as such.

I've amended that to the post as well in order to clear up things and avoid any confusion or unnecessary discussion.
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 10:05:42 PM

LOL, another deadline
it was there twice time

Important note: I'm not lead dev, nor a core dev, nor any developer for that matter.

As for the mentioned post, as with all posts regarding launch estimates, it was a mere approximation and should be treated as such.

I've amended that to the post as well in order to clear up things and avoid any confusion or unnecessary discussion.

"official launch has been rescheduled for December" estimation/approximation that was official... heh,,,but lets digress. The real deal is near. Can;t wait.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
mixmaster

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 10:47:30 PM

Every asset on the Nxt AE is made for speculating, expect of NEM it was made for further distribution? It actually made it worst...
I can't tell if the NXT AE trading had a positive or negative effect regarding to the wide distribution of stakes in the end. Maybe it was a wrong decision to let the people trade. But we can't change that anymore now so its not worth discussing a what if thing.

Who is responsible paying for it at the end? Do you not have to sell dev funds for it? I want a highly programmable currency nothing else, i dont want to start a silver gold collection  Grin.
No, the dev funds are not touched for the silver coins. Since there were some people who tried to get more than 2 stakes and they got catched, there are funds from these sock puppet accounts in terms of NEM stakes which don't belong to anybody now, because they will not be redistributed to the other stakeholders equally.

P.S.: Don't miss it: NXT AE redemption deadline is on February 26th! If you don't redeem till then, your NEM stake is lost.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 11:42:38 PM

Setting up a node for testnet will support the development and reduce the time needed to find bugs.

He used a double negative, so that means he will only run a node before a live version? What is a live version?

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 11:43:51 PM

LOL, another deadline
it was there twice time

Yep, we will launch when ready. However, please redeem your BTT stakes before 2/26. Also, after 2/26 NXT AE NEMstake assets will not be accepted, so turn them in!

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 11:47:17 PM

LOL, another deadline
it was there twice time

That post is linked to Xtester and he is not the lead developer, nor a core developer, although otherwise good at other things.  The most active developer in the various communities (BTT / Facebook / Twitter / Telegram) is Makoto1337 and the nearest equivalent to a lead developer (IIRC) Is probably Jaguar0625.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=183319

I think there has been some core developers and non-core developers who wanted to launch months ago but, in retrospect, it probably wouldn't had accomplished much as all cryptos right now are in a slump.

The real difference for NEM, or any crypto coin for that matter, are ecosystem developments and unprecedented innovations.  Still at the end of the day this stuff may as well be lotto scratch tickets as nobody has really shared any ideas in how you can take 250,000 users (Bitcoin over 6 years) and match that number or even surpass it.   I'm thinking people need to work on wallet protection (such as NEM's blockchain based multisig) and bring in products and services that people (non-crypto geeks) need.   Stuff like Alt Nemo, SuperNet and NodePay are probably steps in the right direction. . .

Some of our communication has not been great in the past, but we have been learning and are doing a much better job now than in the past. 

At the end of the day, NEM should be built by YOU. You are the new econemy, so let's work together to make a better world  Smiley

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
crimi

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 12:02:22 AM

He used a double negative, so that means he will only run a node before a live version? What is a live version?
Pages: « 1 ... 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 [592] 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: