Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:14:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 [545] 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984377 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:08:56 PM

Found this article:

http://www.coindesk.com/19-crypto-2-0-projects-watch-2015/

No NEM listed on it though. Not even NXT which was rather surprising.

Unbelievable. Like they said on nxt forum. Nem and nxt ain't there because they are 3.0 cryptos  Smiley
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 06:19:19 PM

This is an interesting bit of calculation I saw on reddit, and something that NEM unfortunately will never have to worry about because of PoI and no wasteful mining requirements:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2rajx5/a_minimum_of_1470_bitcoins_has_to_be_dumped_on/

Just yet another advantage we will have over the vast majority of cryptocurrencies out there as time goes on.

I had a very long debate with somebody at the conference about this.  I explained that it takes 1 million USD a day to support mining.  I had long ago figured out the numbers in the article, though mine were just rough guesstimates working backwards instead of forwards (same conclusion though).

In the long run, Bitcoin has a huge problem. The miners are being subsidized $1,000,000 a day from us, but they actually are only paid $4000 a day in transaction fees by people sending Bitcoins.  That means that $1,000,000 worth of new money must come into the system everyday, and the price just stays the same. 

But for us, if $1,000,000 comes in, then it is reflected proportionately in the price of NEM and the marketcap goes up $1,000,000.   

Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:16:58 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2015, 07:37:42 PM by Thingamajig

This is an interesting bit of calculation I saw on reddit, and something that NEM unfortunately will never have to worry about because of PoI and no wasteful mining requirements:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2rajx5/a_minimum_of_1470_bitcoins_has_to_be_dumped_on/

Just yet another advantage we will have over the vast majority of cryptocurrencies out there as time goes on.

I had a very long debate with somebody at the conference about this.  I explained that it takes 1 million USD a day to support mining.  I had long ago figured out the numbers in the article, though mine were just rough guesstimates working backwards instead of forwards (same conclusion though).

In the long run, Bitcoin has a huge problem. The miners are being subsidized $1,000,000 a day from us, but they actually are only paid $4000 a day in transaction fees by people sending Bitcoins.  That means that $1,000,000 worth of new money must come into the system everyday, and the price just stays the same.  

But for us, if $1,000,000 comes in, then it is reflected proportionately in the price of NEM and the marketcap goes up $1,000,000.  

This was a conclusion i reached many years ago back in 2009. I dabbled with mining but considered it a waste of time as i figured if it took off, we'd soon see dedicated hardware which would outperform that of what we see in desktops today (aka, ASICs)

Plus there's no doubt in my mind that what we consider cutting edge asics (with the pricetag to boot) is merely scraps fed to the competing masses that manufacturers hand us. Ultimately the real winners are asic manufacturer's, who will have a monopoly not just over the mining hardware itself, but over Bitcoin too and the mining process. (No doubt they'll use any experimental tech to mine for themselves, turning over a profit giving them an advantage; when this ceases to be, they sell it to the masses at a premium. Rinse and repeat.)

I personally would like to know how this is any different from centralized/privatized banks who conduct fraudulent business with FIAT.

With this in mind, within a few days i didn't go near crypto again for many years - only coming back here after hearing about NXT and NEM. In retrospect my foresight actually cost me alot of money - if i had carried on with mining, i'd have been better off today. But the way i see it is this is a short term profit that has no long term sustainability. It won't last. In fact, i'd argue the only thing keeping Bitcoin afloat is miners who manipulate the market and, most certainly, black market trade of said currency (Which is an inevitable outcome as governments and banks will deem crypto's a threat - there's a reason "anonymous" coins have such high appeal. This is a fact.)

PoW needs a successor if Crypto is to be taken seriously, then all is left is to deal with any threats from banks or governments who will likely regulate it to destruction.
punkrock

Activity: 808
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 08:38:32 PM

Any date for launch already?
Kolbas

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:45:02 PM

+ I also feel that it is upsetting
Picasso7

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:09:30 PM

4 january 2015

Market Cap         Volume (24h)      Available Supply
$ 99,783            $ 2,349              144 NEM
355 BTC             8 BTC

NEMstake is one of three the most top trading assets on asset exchange

My analysis for 2015:

excellent analysis  Cheesy
kenbytes

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 12:20:30 AM

volume last 24 hours: 4 btc

NEM is going up again

Volume must surge after devs will set a launch date  Cool

Please when you announce the date make it real and without further delays  if not people will start forgetting about NEM and it will lose credibility, also I would recommend to watch out skycoin this can be the coin of 2015 and can move NEM to a second place, You need to make sure you are better than Skycoin and prove it to people

Skycoin Huh
that was a joke Huh

kenbytes

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 12:29:20 AM

+ I also feel that it is upsetting

We're not giving out ETAs anymore since it did more harm than good.
I wouldn't stay away for longer then a few weeks though Wink

BitZCoin

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 01:10:39 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2015, 01:27:34 AM by BitZCoin

NEM is going up again

Volume must surge after devs will set a launch date  Cool

Please when you announce the date make it real and without further delays  if not people will start forgetting about NEM and it will lose credibility, also I would recommend to watch out skycoin this can be the coin of 2015 and can move NEM to a second place, You need to make sure you are better than Skycoin and prove it to people

Skycoin Huh
that was a joke Huh

No^^

2015 will be definetly interesting, I think. (;

Here it is: TakePart!
MrPortMan

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

TEZOS

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 01:29:20 AM

I had a very long debate with somebody at the conference about this.  I explained that it takes 1 million USD a day to support mining.  I had long ago figured out the numbers in the article, though mine were just rough guesstimates working backwards instead of forwards (same conclusion though).

In the long run, Bitcoin has a huge problem. The miners are being subsidized $1,000,000 a day from us, but they actually are only paid $4000 a day in transaction fees by people sending Bitcoins.  That means that $1,000,000 worth of new money must come into the system everyday, and the price just stays the same.  

This was a conclusion i reached many years ago back in 2009. I dabbled with mining but considered it a waste of time as i figured if it took off, we'd soon see dedicated hardware which would outperform that of what we see in desktops today (aka, ASICs)

Plus there's no doubt in my mind that what we consider cutting edge asics (with the pricetag to boot) is merely scraps fed to the competing masses that manufacturers hand us. Ultimately the real winners are asic manufacturer's, who will have a monopoly not just over the mining hardware itself, but over Bitcoin too and the mining process. (No doubt they'll use any experimental tech to mine for themselves, turning over a profit giving them an advantage; when this ceases to be, they sell it to the masses at a premium. Rinse and repeat.)

I personally would like to know how this is any different from centralized/privatized banks who conduct fraudulent business with FIAT.

With this in mind, within a few days i didn't go near crypto again for many years - only coming back here after hearing about NXT and NEM. In retrospect my foresight actually cost me alot of money - if i had carried on with mining, i'd have been better off today. But the way i see it is this is a short term profit that has no long term sustainability. It won't last. In fact, i'd argue the only thing keeping Bitcoin afloat is miners who manipulate the market and, most certainly, black market trade of said currency (Which is an inevitable outcome as governments and banks will deem crypto's a threat - there's a reason "anonymous" coins have such high appeal. This is a fact.)

PoW needs a successor if Crypto is to be taken seriously, then all is left is to deal with any threats from banks or governments who will likely regulate it to destruction.

+1

NEM our future.
1 - It's true decentralisation.
2 - Crypto 3.0.
3 - New world econemy.

Tezos address : KT1PPmJn9ZfVUSp6VDv92S7epKdZoU1cHV5f
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 01:30:23 AM

NEM is going up again

Volume must surge after devs will set a launch date  Cool

Please when you announce the date make it real and without further delays  if not people will start forgetting about NEM and it will lose credibility, also I would recommend to watch out skycoin this can be the coin of 2015 and can move NEM to a second place, You need to make sure you are better than Skycoin and prove it to people

I remember reading several skycoin whitepapers a few months ago. Do they have any src out?
I highly doubt they will be a NEM killer, but some of their ideas are interesting. I have no idea if they can pull it off, though. Do they even have a beta out?

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 01:31:47 AM

NEM is going up again

Volume must surge after devs will set a launch date  Cool

the problem is that we keep on getting "few more weeks" from devs. I have full support for the devs and the community, but I'm starting to feel like I'm being strung along.
The multisig delay where are in terms on having that done so we can launch. NO. just cause i want it launch doesnt mean im goin to dump. We need a launch date.

I don't want the devs to think im attacking you guys. im simply just saying my opinion.
I support you guys. You've done a wonderful job, I think it's time to show everyone what you guys have created Smiley cheers guys.

I think we are getting closer to announcing a date. It will depend on how well the multi-sig testing goes once it is out in the beta.

Also, I think our UX for the client needs to be drastically improved before we launch.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 01:45:14 AM

+1

NEM our future.
2 - Crypto 3.0.
3 - New world econemy.

NEM is focusing on advancing Nakamoto's blockchain technology, allowing the circle of trust to be extended from a small group of individuals to the entire world, in a way that allows smart, rule-based computation to be performed. This includes focusing on more than just the currency and value transmission aspects of crypto technology. When completed, our platform will be Crypto 3.0, the third and final revolution in blockchain technology.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
BitZCoin

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 01:54:03 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2015, 02:36:28 AM by BitZCoin

I don't really think skycoin will be released, before the half of the year. Also there are no plans for implementing multi-sig, right from the beginning, for example. So far there is even no beta.
But none the less, we should have an eye on it. It will be definetly interesting. But what we have to do now, is to focus on our product and to straight maintain our course.

Maybe the time has come for a new handout, to steady all the weak nerves out there. Smiley

Here it is: TakePart!
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 01:58:05 AM

I don't really think skycoin will be released, before the half of the year. Also there are no plans for implementing multi-sig, right from the beginning, for example. So far there is even no beta.
But none the less, we should have an eye on it. It will be definetly interesting. But what we have to do now, is to focus on our product and to straight maintain our course.

Maybe the time has come for a new handout, to steady all the weak nerves out there. Smiley

Yeah, I agree. We just need to stay the course and continue to do things the right way. The NEM way. 継続は力也。

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
BlackShibe1

Activity: 260

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 02:14:15 AM

+1

NEM our future.
2 - Crypto 3.0.
3 - New world econemy.

NEM is focusing on advancing Nakamoto's blockchain technology, allowing the circle of trust to be extended from a small group of individuals to the entire world, in a way that allows smart, rule-based computation to be performed. This includes focusing on more than just the currency and value transmission aspects of crypto technology. When completed, our platform will be Crypto 3.0, the third and final revolution in blockchain technology.

This is what you say but a open source of this revolutionary blockchain tech would be the best answer
Don't do like Qora who wait cup of months before releasing the code

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 02:35:18 AM

+1

NEM our future.
2 - Crypto 3.0.
3 - New world econemy.

This is what you say but a open source of this revolutionary blockchain tech would be the best answer
Don't do like Qora who wait cup of months before releasing the code

NEM client source has been out since August: https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/NemCommunityClient

I think a date for the NIS source release should be set in a firm way, but that the date should be several months after the V1 release. Otherwise it is too easy to just clone NEM. Clones will happen, of course, but it is important to build up momentum and size of the community first, before releasing the source.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Sharky444

Activity: 724

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:00:42 AM

Please guys! No matter what the people here are saying, there should be no release, without multi-sig!
The release will be the most important day, and we have been waiting for it for so long, so far.

I concurr. You cannot release with LESS features that Bitcoin. Multisig is a must.

Radix - just imagine
Sharky444

Activity: 724

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:25:03 AM

Yes, tomorrow.

Radix - just imagine
MrPortMan

Activity: 616

TEZOS

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:04:25 AM

Пoceтилa мeня вчepa oднa тaкaя интepecнaя мыcль, гдe мы мoжeм быть пepвыми и этo oчeнь дaжe cвязaннo c внeшним глoбaльным миpoм.

Bce мы живём в нoгy co вpeмeнeм и мнoгиe из нac yжe oбpaтили внимaниe нa тo чтo пoявилиcь нe тaк дaвнo мaшины, нa кoтopыx мoжнo пeчaтaть любыe вeщи. Haзывaютcя oни 3D пpинтepы. Taк вoт, мы жe вce пoнимaeм тo, чтo пpaвитeльcтвa ни oднoй cтpaны миpa, дa и бизнec в тoм чиcлe, нa дaнный мoмeнт вpeмeни гдe миpoм пpaвит кaпитaл ни в кoeм cлyчae нe мoгyт дoпycтить чтoбы люди пoлyчили любыe тoвapы дa eщё и пpaктичecки зa бecцeнoк (cтoимocть cыpья для пpoизвoдcтвa oчeнь низкaя).

Чтo я пpeдлaгaю cдeлaть?

Hyжнo пoдключить вce 3D пpинтepы плaнeты к дeцeнтpaлизoвaннoй ceти NEM. Шифpoвaниe, кpиптoгpaфия, ceть нeльзя cкoпиpoвaть. B ceти NEM бyдeт глoбaльнaя дeцeнтpaлизoвaннaя плoщaдкa нa кoтopoй бyдyт пpeдcтaвлeны пpoдaвцы paзличнoй пpoдyкции. Пpoцecc пoкyпки тoвapa нa этoй плoщaдкe бyдeт пpoиcxoдить cлeдyющим oбpaзoм : Пoкyпaтeль oплaчивaeт в NEM тoвap, пpoдaвeц в oтвeт пpиcылaeт oднopaзoвый вayчep или кoд, кoтopый в 3D пpинтepe мoжнo иcпoльзoвaть тoлькo 1 paз. 3D пpинтepы эти кoды (или вayчepы - пoтoм нaзвaниe пpидyмaeм) oднopaзoвыe пoлyчaть бyдyт тoлькo из дeцeнтpaлизoвaннoй ceти NEM. T. e. 3D пpинтepy пoтpeбyeтcя cинxpoнизaция c ceтью NEM чтoбы пoлyчaть кoды для пeчaтaния paзличнoй пpoдyкции. Пpoдaвeц бyдeт вмecтo пpивычныx тoвapoв oтcылaть пo пoчтe yжe cыpьё для пpoизвoдcтвa тoвapoв, или жe ecли нe тpeбyeтcя cыpьё пpocтo oднopaзoвый зaшифpoвaнный кoд, кoтopый мoжнo иcпoльзoвaть тoлькo oдин paз. Кaк тoлькo 3D пpинтep нaпeчaтaeт гoтoвый тoвap, вce дaтчики пpoвepят кaчecтвo и paбoтocпocoбнocть, тaк cpaзy пpoдaвцy в ceти NEM пocтyпит yвeдoмлeниe чтo дaнный кoд oднopaзoвый нaпeчaтaлcя бeз cбoя и вcё пpoшлo ycпeшнo. Ecли жe cлyчитcя aвapия или бyдeт бpaк пpи нaпeчaтaнии, и ceть этo пoдтвepдит чтo в пpoцecce пpoизвoдcтвa cлyчилacь тaкaя нeпpиятнocть, пpoдaвeц бyдeт вынyждeн пocлaть дpyгoй нoвый oднopaзoвый кoд пoвтopнo пoкa ceть нe пoлyчит пoдтвepждeния чтo пpoцecc пpoизвoдcтвa пpoшёл ycпeшнo.

Boт чтo нaм нyжнo. 3D пpинтepы - Пpямaя пpивязкa к ceти NEM. К пpoдaвцaм cыpья. Пpoдaвцaм oднopaзoвыx кoдoв для 3D пpинтepoв. Глoбaльнaя плoщaдкa пpoдaвцoв 3D кoдoв зa вceмиpнyю кpиптoвaлютy NEM.

Google translate :

One such interesting thought where we can be the first visited me yesterday and it very much even is connected with the outside global world.

All of us live in a foot with time and many of us already paid attention to that that there were not so long ago cars by which it is possible to print any things. They are called 3D printers. And so, we all understand that the governments of any country of the world and business including, at the moment time where rules the world the capital can't allow at all that people received any goods moreover and practically for nothing (raw materials cost for production very low).

What do I suggest to make?

It is necessary to connect all 3D printers of the planet to the decentralized NEM network. Enciphering, cryptography, a network it is impossible to copy. In the NEM network there will be a global decentralized platform on which sellers of various production will be presented. Process of purchase of goods on this platform will happen as follows: The buyer pays goods in NEM, the seller in reply sends the one-time voucher or a code which in the 3D printer it is possible to use only 1 time. 3D printers the disposable will receive these codes (or - then the name we will think up vouchers) only from the decentralized NEM network. I.e. the 3D printer will need synchronization with the NEM network to receive codes for printing of various production. The seller instead of habitual goods will send by mail already raw materials for production of goods or if the raw materials simply disposable ciphered code which can be used only once aren't required. As soon as the 3D printer prints ready goods, all sensors will check quality and working capacity then to the seller the notice will come to the NEM networks that this code disposable was printed without failure and everything passed successfully. If there is an accident or there will be a marriage at a napechataniye, and the network will confirm it that in the course of production there was such trouble, the seller will be compelled to send other new disposable code repeatedly so far a network won't receive confirmation that process of production took place successfully.

Here that it is necessary for us. 3D printers - the Direct binding to the NEM network. To sellers of raw materials. To sellers of disposable codes for 3D printers. A global platform of sellers of 3D codes for the world cryptocurrency of NEM.

Smiley

Tezos address : KT1PPmJn9ZfVUSp6VDv92S7epKdZoU1cHV5f
Pages: « 1 ... 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 [545] 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: