Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:26:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 [552] 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984111 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 10:38:44 AM

While I have the devs attention.  I would like to make a request with multi-sig.  I know you guys like tackling the impossible so here is a challenge (but maybe wait until after launch, right  Wink )

1. In Bitcoin and other coins, multi-sig as far as I know is just an option with in one person's wallet software and so each wallet company develops there own solution.  But like a mutlisig account started with one wallet software, can't really be used on another companies wallet's software as far as I know.  

Request 1: I think it would be really cool if our multisig was a cross third party platform solution and if it was I can think of lots and lots of neat things it could be used for and ways it can open up the blockchain.  For instance, smart contracts could become sooooo much easier.  I could make a "If this then that" parameter machine that could examine millions of different criteria and options and would release a part of the mutisig if some kind of function happened.  

2. All this business with multisig and multikeys is complicated for the user.  What I would think is really cool if one of the mutlisig's options could be a Google authentication code.  

Is there anyway to slip the Google Authenticator code into multi-sig? Or am I just asking too much?  (please note the do not delay launch request  Wink hahaha)

I believe proprietary wallets use their own technology to implement multisig, combine them and broadcast the transaction if the minimum m of n sign. I believe, if well thought, the entry can be entered into the block chain as a message transaction and turns into a value transaction when the requisite m of n sign. With this method, then the m of n is a condition resting on the block chain and hence can be used by all types of proprietary wallets, so long they can 'talk NEM". I am inclined to think that the smart contract is doable in any case.

2. I haven't given enough thoughts, but my first reaction is that we may not need Google Authentication. The very existence of NEM may be good enough to create a NEM authenticator using what is already available in NEM.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 10:51:01 AM

While I have the devs attention.  I would like to make a request with multi-sig.  I know you guys like tackling the impossible so here is a challenge (but maybe wait until after launch, right  Wink )

1. In Bitcoin and other coins, multi-sig as far as I know is just an option with in one person's wallet software and so each wallet company develops there own solution.  But like a mutlisig account started with one wallet software, can't really be used on another companies wallet's software as far as I know.  

Usage of multi-sig might vary between companies but they all use the same implementation i.e. the one that is incorporated in bitcoin.
At least that's what I would think.

Request 1: I think it would be really cool if our multisig was a cross third party platform solution and if it was I can think of lots and lots of neat things it could be used for and ways it can open up the blockchain.  For instance, smart contracts could become sooooo much easier.  I could make a "If this then that" parameter machine that could examine millions of different criteria and options and would release a part of the mutisig if some kind of function happened.  

It is a cross third party platform in bitcoin as well. It's the "If this then that" part that varies. What multi-sig does is merely requireing more than one signature for a tx. When and by what theat signature is given is up to the imagination i guess. But that's the same in bitcoin.
I think nem busines rules could improve on the "If this then that" since it would incorporate that part in the system instead of outside logic and i guess that is what you meant.

2. All this business with multisig and multikeys is complicated for the user.  What I would think is really cool if one of the mutlisig's options could be a Google authentication code.  

Is there anyway to slip the Google Authenticator code into multi-sig? Or am I just asking too much?  (please note the do not delay launch request  Wink hahaha)

The google auth thing is a good example and I suppose would be possible with bitcoin as well.
Here is how I think it could work in both NEM and BTC:

Make a multi-sig account. You own one of the co-signers and as the second co-signer you set the address given by the Goolge Auth service.

The Google Auth service has to watch out for tx from your multi-sig account and if it finds one it'll not sign it right away but wait for you to input your curent code (via website or whatever). If you do it'll sign the tx and the tx will go though. If you don't the tx will dissapear from the network after it's deadline (ofc without you loosing any funds since the tx never went through). This may sound a bit crappy - having to to a website to confirm your code - but that service could be "streamed" through NCC as well.

If there is no such thing for BTC yet then it's only because the API is terrible to use. Otherwise this wouldn't be rocket science i think.

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 01:31:23 PM

good to know.

jeezy
Legendary

Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:39:49 PM

Which exchanges will feature NEM?
Simakki

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 03:15:15 PM

Were they Poloniex and Bter?

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
patmast3r

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:18:54 PM

Were they Poloniex and Bter?

There are 4+ that have expressed interest but I doubt they will all be ready at launch. I'm confident that Poloniex will be ready at launch though.

jeezy
Legendary

Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:40:19 PM

Polo is getting in a really dominant spot. Big target for hackers. I hope they are prepared to get hacked because it will happen sooner or later. The only question is how deep the intrusion will be.
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 04:27:52 PM

Polo is getting in a really dominant spot. Big target for hackers. I hope they are prepared to get hacked because it will happen sooner or later. The only question is how deep the intrusion will be.

Ummmm where have you been? Poloniex has already been hacked.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 05:05:28 PM

Polo has also redone their website.  It looks much better now. 

I have always got my coins from them okay, but there are sometimes a little delay, though what exchange doesn't have that problems sometimes?

IF IF I need to trade NEM, I might use Polo because I already have an account with them.

Bisha

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:57:32 PM

I'm confused to how to get NEM.

Is NEM/NEMstake the same thing? Has it been launched? What about the claiming procedure?

Can we get NEMstake/stake now, then once it's launch we claim it for NEM or something like that? I don't know why but that's the idea I got. Could someone sumarize the process to me please? I'd be really appreciated.

Also, what's up with the fact the market cap has decreased so much but the price seems to remain the same? Did something happened to the supply?

Stratis: Same supply as Ethereum + Masternodes + ICOs + Bitcoin a Core Dev. 90% cheaper than Eth. Do the math.
mixmaster

Activity: 388

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 08:23:33 PM

Is NEM/NEMstake the same thing? Has it been launched? What about the claiming procedure?

Can we get NEMstake/stake now, then once it's launch we claim it for NEM or something like that? I don't know why but that's the idea I got. Could someone sumarize the process to me please? I'd be really appreciated.

Also, what's up with the fact the market cap has decreased so much but the price seems to remain the same? Did something happened to the supply?
NEM is not launched yet. So far there is a BETA client released which works with testNEM ("play money").

To buy a NEM stake (or a fraction) you have to use NXT AE. The official "get a NEM stake" phase is over since months.
Bisha

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 08:25:04 PM

NEM is not launched yet. So far there is a BETA client released which works with testNEM ("play money").

To buy a NEM stake (or a fraction) you have to use NXT AE. The official "get a NEM stake" phase is over since months.

..I still continue with the same questions. But thanks for the help though

Stratis: Same supply as Ethereum + Masternodes + ICOs + Bitcoin a Core Dev. 90% cheaper than Eth. Do the math.
patmast3r

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 08:25:17 PM

At this point I'd suggest simply waiting for launch and then buying on an exchange.

Bisha

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 08:34:21 PM

your not the first Smiley

each stake represents 1/4000th of all nem. that equates to around 2.2m or something. not sure of the exact number. it used to be 1m nem but the total number of coins was increased to 8.9b(we havnt launched yet). the stakes can be redeemed now ie. sent to a particular account with a nem address in the message but you wont get the coins until we launch. your right about the supply.. there used to be close to 1000 stakes trading but due to redemption that has dropped to around 144 stakes so volume is dismal. this market is in no ways a representation of the true value of nem. on one side theres no one to sell.. on the other you need a minimum of around .22 btc to buy any at all.

thats the short story at least Smiley if you look on the front page of this thread you will find a redemption guide somewhere. in short: buy your stake, transfer it to the account with ~855 stakes in it(double check its the right account) and make sure to attach a message(unencrypted) to the transfer that contains a valid nem address which you can generate in the nem beta client using "create real account data". the nem addresos you send off should start with "N" and not "T". n for live net, t for test net.

So what you're telling me is that basically the current supply will increase 4000x times to those 9 bilions right? Which will be released and distributed at launch? If so, I think I got it now, thanks.

alamazean

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 08:42:52 PM

Kind of. The current supply is of NEMstakes whereas the final supply will be of NEM.
lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:03:56 PM

somebody decided to bake a huge cake, and there were 3000 or so people (original stakeholders) who wanted to taste it (on january 2014).
during the baking you could receive a coupon  (nemstake token) , this coupon entitles you to a 1/4000 piece of a cake.
the cake is being baked for 1 year now, and some people got tired to wait, or they have any other reasons,  and they have decided to sell their coupon on the nxt asset exchange.
the cake is going to be finished soon, this is why the kitchener asked everyone to return their coupons back to him, so that he could know who is going to eat it, and split the cake accordingly. I had my coupon since the very beggining, I have sent it back to the kitchener when he asked me to do so, this is why the supply has decreased but the coupon price remained the same (nemstake price is the same but market cap is decreasing).
Later I have decided that I want more than a 1/4000 piece of a cake, this is why I bought additional  nemstakes on the asset exchange. I still did not send my nemstake coupon to the kitchener, but I will do so in a very short time. You are going to do the same if you buy the coupon now.

the total supply most probably will be 8999999999 coins, so 1 nem stake most probably will be 2249999.99975 coins.
0.1 nem stake will be 10 times less. so you may choose how much you wish to buy on the asset exchange.

You may buy yourself a piece of a cake when its finally baked (on a normal exchange after the release), but currently no one knows how tasty it will be. maybe it is going be the best cake we have ever eaten, and we will sell it to other gourmets at a much higher price
nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 10:34:45 PM

somebody decided to bake a huge cake, and there were 3000 or so people (original stakeholders) who wanted to taste it (on january 2014).
during the baking you could receive a coupon  (nemstake token) , this coupon entitles you to a 1/4000 piece of a cake.
the cake is being baked for 1 year now, and some people got tired to wait, or they have any other reasons,  and they have decided to sell their coupon on the nxt asset exchange.
the cake is going to be finished soon, this is why the kitchener asked everyone to return their coupons back to him, so that he could know who is going to eat it, and split the cake accordingly. I had my coupon since the very beggining, I have sent it back to the kitchener when he asked me to do so, this is why the supply has decreased but the coupon price remained the same (nemstake price is the same but market cap is decreasing).
Later I have decided that I want more than a 1/4000 piece of a cake, this is why I bought additional  nemstakes on the asset exchange. I still did not send my nemstake coupon to the kitchener, but I will do so in a very short time. You are going to do the same if you buy the coupon now.

the total supply most probably will be 8999999999 coins, so 1 nem stake most probably will be 2249999.99975 coins.
0.1 nem stake will be 10 times less. so you may choose how much you wish to buy on the asset exchange.

You may buy yourself a piece of a cake when its finally baked (on a normal exchange after the release), but currently no one knows how tasty it will be. maybe it is going be the best cake we have ever eaten, and we will sell it to other gourmets at a much higher price

Nice one man.

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
nembit86

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:05:55 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=915569.120.   keep voting guys. Let them know we are here.  Wink

zanzibar

Activity: 715

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:09:03 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=915569.120.   keep voting guys. Let them know we are here.  Wink

Where's Utopian's sock puppets when you need them.
nembit86

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:36:11 PM

Where's Utopian's sock puppets when you need them.

Grasping at straws man, grasping at straws.

Pages: « 1 ... 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 [552] 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: