Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 05:38:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 [635] 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984388 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 12:28:38 PM

I just dont get it... How many times was the community asked for logo voting? On the other side, especially this sockpuppet thing again, nobody was asked about it.

Am i the only one who remembers this thread?
https://forum.nemcoin.com/general-discussion/stakeholder-list-data-mining/

Who has the centralized authority of NEM?

No offense, but thats a good question.
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:32:56 PM

Who decided to remove those accounts then? Who can we blaim? Who has the centralized authority of NEM?

Really pissed that the 'stakeholders' are ignored to make a decision.

You guys asked us 10 times about logo opiniions. But important decision like this are made by the 'Boss' of NEM.  Huh

There is no central authority. I guess the name of the person conducting the investigation will be kept a secret. I'm not going to give away that name. No need for anyone else receiving hate.

zoata87
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 12:34:34 PM

Who decided to remove those accounts then? Who can we blaim? Who has the centralized authority of NEM?

You guys asked us 10 times about logo opiniions. But important decision like this are made by the 'Boss' of NEM.  Huh

There is no central authority. I guess the name of the person conducting the investigation will be kept a secret. I'm not going to give away that name. No need for anyone else receiving hate.
lol.

So tell me please who gave "this person" the assignment for investigation?
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:38:16 PM

You guys asked us 10 times about logo opiniions. But important decision like this are made by the 'Boss' of NEM.  Huh

Well. I guess my discussion with you ends here then.

- 1 person which can make important decisions in NEM without asking opinions of Stakeholders > BAD
- Keeping secrets about it > BAD

What makes NEM a better launch than NXT? With NXT the IPO was at least 100% transparent.
Sockpuppets or not. The rules were clear, transparent and fair for everyone.

NEM is derailing from its course. I hope my friends are still in that list. Otherwise you will not see me around here anymore and won't contribute a minute to NEM.
I don't think you and the mysterious boss of NEM give a sh*t about that, but I don't care  Cheesy

zoata87
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 12:58:13 PM

I guess the name of the person conducting the investigation will be kept a secret. I'm not going to give away that name.
1) Who gave the assignment to mr.x?
2) You know the name so you're involved?
3) When was mr.x hired? I didn't see any post about that here or on the official forum.

And now you combine:

There is no central authority.

Thats REALLY bad at all. And with actions like this NEM loses a lot of reliability.

I am awaiting your answer, thank you.
mikesbmw

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:59:08 PM

Why is NEMforum always so slow?

NXT: Next Generation of Cryptocurrency http://nxtcrypto.org
NEM:New Economy Movement http://www.ournem.com/
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:03:10 PM

in regards to sock removal, its perfectly sane to not ask the community about it, cos then they know its coming and can try to dodge it and makes the whole thing pointless..

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
mixmaster

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:04:42 PM

NEM's goal was always to have a wide distribution to unique people. We know that having whales risks the success of a crypto currency, so you should all be happy that somebody puts that much effort in it.

And what about this: Start complaining, when you see your stake was removed. Not before that...
BuliH

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:07:30 PM

I can't believe this type of action. I invested in NEM over a year ago, because I got really interested about the ideas of how to improve the fairness in finance. I have been checking all the time how things are rolling, but not been active posting. Just here for the interest for a great project and with just one account and stake. Actually I registered to BTT just for NEM. I think that many accounts are registered during that time because of the end of 2013 bitcoin boom.

And now I find my address on the sockpuppet list about to get kicked out. This just makes me speechless. I have praised this project to all my friends and people I've met that are interested in technology. And now this. You should really reconsider how you wan't to conduct these kind of processes.

Huh
Fatih87SK

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:09:29 PM

NEM's goal was always to have a wide distribution to unique people. We know that having whales risks the success of a crypto currency, so you should all be happy that somebody puts that much effort in it.

And what about this: Start complaining, when you see your stake was removed. Not before that...

That's a selfish move.

First I think about the Project itself. This decision will hurt the project. Many questions will arise and NEM will suffer from FUD after release like NXT suffered.
Then I think about my friends.
And then I think about my own stake which I don't care that much.

NEM's goal was always to have a wide distribution to unique people.

They are killing their own goal. That's why I said that NEM was derailing from its course as well.

zoata87
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 01:09:58 PM

in regards to sock removal, its perfectly sane to not ask the community about it, cos then they know its coming and can try to dodge it and makes the whole thing pointless..
Am i allowed to quote you?

https://forum.nemcoin.com/general-discussion/stakeholder-list-data-mining/msg3234/#msg3234

"...Just make it clear from the start that it's not an audit and the final list, is final...."

"...Please just let it go! It's guna cause far more trouble than the good it will do!!!..."

Oh yeah, i forgot, there was a vote about another sock investigation and the community decided not to do that again:

"...Look at the vote, which is limited to members. That excludes most if not all socks. Nem is sitting pretty as is. No need for this...."

So please answer this question. Do you take this community serious?
kodtycoon
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:10:55 PM

I can't believe this type of action. I invested in NEM over a year ago, because I got really interested about the ideas of how to improve the fairness in finance. I have been checking all the time how things are rolling, but not been active posting. Just here for the interest for a great project and with just one account and stake. Actually I registered to BTT just for NEM. I think that many accounts are registered during that time because of the end of 2013 bitcoin boom.

And now I find my address on the sockpuppet list about to get kicked out. This just makes me speechless. I have praised this project to all my friends and people I've met that are interested in technology. And now this. You should really reconsider how you wan't to conduct these kind of processes.

Huh

speak to patmaster/the devs.. there is the opertunity to still get your stake.. but it requires you to contact them and make your case. its not a case of "once you in the list your stake is gone" so you should contact who ever your supposed to contact and try to resolve it.(i dont know who you are supposed to contact or when?)

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████

kodtycoon
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:17:26 PM

Am i allowed to quote you?

https://forum.nemcoin.com/general-discussion/stakeholder-list-data-mining/msg3234/#msg3234

"...Just make it clear from the start that it's not an audit and the final list, is final...."

"...Please just let it go! It's guna cause far more trouble than the good it will do!!!..."

Oh yeah, i forgot, there was a vote about another sock investigation and the community decided not to do that again:

"...Look at the vote, which is limited to members. That excludes most if not all socks. Nem is sitting pretty as is. No need for this...."

So please answer one question. Do you take this community serious?

for the record what i said in that post i still stand by and have not gone back on that and i still feel the same about it but i was entirely unaware of this new sock removal phase so what could i have possibly done differently?

so to answer your question, yes i do take this community very seriously or wouldnt be here so much. the thread didnt continue for very long and i forgot about it/assumed it wouldnt turn into a full blown sock removal.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████

zoata87
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 01:17:41 PM

Huh
i dont know who you are supposed to contact or when?
Thats hillarious. Theres was a community override and some of the stakeholders are now on the sockpuppet list. And nobody knows who to contact about that issue? Serious?
I am also waiting for the answer who gave the assignment to mr.x for investigation. I guess i am not the only one who wants to know.
kodtycoon
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:22:32 PM

Huh
i dont know who you are supposed to contact or when?
Thats hillarious. Theres was a community override and some of the stakeholders are now on the sockpuppet list. And nobody knows who to contact about that issue? Serious?
I am also waiting for the answer who gave the assignment to mr.x for investigation. I guess i am not the only one who wants to know.

i only woke up half an hour ago and saw these posts.. just because i dont know, it doesnt mean nobody knows... the whole team doesnt have a collective conciousness Cheesy i was going to say patmast3r but apparently he is already being sent hate mail so i dont want to put salt on a wound by directing more towards him in case he is not the person to contact. is that not a reasonable thing to do?

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████

zoata87
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 01:25:20 PM

I didn't conduct the investigation or make any of the decisions.

I'm not going to give away that name. No need for anyone else receiving hate.

but i was entirely unaware of this new sock removal phase so what could i have possibly done differently?

Weird. Really weird.
Fatih87SK

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:26:35 PM

but i was entirely unaware of this new sock removal phase so what could i have possibly done differently?

Weird. Really weird.

I think NEM is abducted by Aliens. That's the only explanation.

zoata87
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 01:29:21 PM

for the record what i said in that post i still stand by and have not gone back on that and i still feel the same about it but i was entirely unaware of this new sock removal phase so what could i have possibly done differently?

so to answer your question, yes i do take this community very seriously or wouldnt be here so much. the thread didnt continue for very long and i forgot about it/assumed it wouldnt turn into a full blown sock removal.

please tell me whats wrong here... thats a bad joke, nothing else.
kodtycoon
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:31:03 PM

Weird. Really weird.

why is it weird that i didnt know about it and patmast3r did? would it be fair if the marketing team were told about it in advance? its just as reasonable to assume that people on the marketing team should be subject to the same scrutiny as the rest of the community, and the marketing team was subject to the same scrutiny, hence why i had no clue about this. if anything, people should be glad to see that the marketing team wasnt given an unfair heads up instead of saying its strange?

@above post..

if i knew about this.. you would be right asking whats wrong here... but i didnt know.. and im glad i didnt know.. because its proved to me that the core team does not dish out favours to "insiders" by telling them a sock removal is coming so how ever controversial this may be, i now have even more faith in there integrity than i already did.

the second quote applies exactly the same if you replace community with marketing team.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:31:42 PM

I'll try answering all the question 1 by 1...just give me a bit of time....I'm at work afterall (good thing this was released on a relatively calm day).

Pages: « 1 ... 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 [635] 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: