Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:10:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 [1087] 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984060 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Wysi

Activity: 1624
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:16:05 PM

Almost everyday, on Google search, there is new article about NEM / Mijin but it is all in Japanese.

Perhaps it would be worth having these articles properly translated and posted on the official blog so people can see the progress that is being made?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:01:35 PM

Just wanted to remind everyone we proudly accept NEM as payment for our Bitcoin and digital currency PR services at http://bitcoinprbuzz.com

I may even offer a slight discount to anyone who pays in NEM!
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 03:29:28 PM

Hello guys, im trying to withdraw my XEM from poloniex to my local wallet but where do i find a message in my local wallet to withdraw coins? Or is it public key i shud use instead of message?
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 03:58:59 PM

Hello guys, im trying to withdraw my XEM from poloniex to my local wallet but where do i find a message in my local wallet to withdraw coins? Or is it public key i shud use instead of message?

Leave that field empty. It is a message you want poloniex to include to be sent to an account. It is an arbitrary message. You can also write, "Happy Birthday" if you wanted to.
novaspyder

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 04:21:30 PM

I invested in NEM back at the creation, but have never claimed my share, and still have my secret token. How can I redeem my NEM?
You basically lost it as it expired close to one year ago.
Surely there must be some way to redeem it and my amount is still sitting in the pool somewhere. When I invested originally I never saw it advertised as time-restricted or anything. You can check my name on the original list.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 04:30:05 PM

I invested in NEM back at the creation, but have never claimed my share, and still have my secret token. How can I redeem my NEM?
Surely there must be some way to redeem it and my amount is still sitting in the pool somewhere. When I invested originally I never saw it advertised as time-restricted or anything. You can check my name on the original list.

There is no way to redeem it because none of those systems ar in place anymore. There was a portal setup for that. If we let 1 redeem we open the floodgates.
Also I don't think anyone still has "the original list". I deleted all my copies of everything related to redemption with a huge smile on my face knowing that it was finally over.

zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 05:57:07 PM

Almost everyday, on Google search, there is new article about NEM / Mijin but it is all in Japanese.
Perhaps it would be worth having these articles properly translated and posted on the official blog so people can see the progress that is being made?
I'm missing those articles on Reddit. Maybe we could setup recipes via ifttt so new posts on Twitter and Facebook will be automatically on Reddit too.
dannac

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Crypto Geek

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 09:48:48 PM

There is no way to redeem it because none of those systems ar in place anymore. There was a portal setup for that. If we let 1 redeem we open the floodgates.
Also I don't think anyone still has "the original list". I deleted all my copies of everything related to redemption with a huge smile on my face knowing that it was finally over.

Sorry to say that, but that sounds like a awkward statement.
In a 'normal' work environment, no one would delete works related files... You may archive files, but nobody would delete them. It simply doesn't exist.
If I delete files of a superseded project, i'm pretty sure my boss would fire me straight away, with all the rights of the case.
You always keep a copy somewhere, You will never know what's going to happen, not to mention the legal aspect of that  Shocked Imagine if someone will suit you.. and you don't have files to prove that you may be right. You are simply screwed.
But mostly, it sounds really unprofessional too.
So, better to say that you don't want to do it. But please, never say that you cannot do that because you delete files. Please...  Huh  Roll Eyes
It's really an awful excuse.  Cheesy
kwest

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 09:52:27 PM

OK, so my supernode is passing the tests, but I would still like to figure out why my speed is subpar when it comes to NEM, but awesome when doing regular speed tests.
Does it simply have something to do with peering to the other nodes? Does me using OpenDNS have any effect? Or using ddns.net to hide my IP?

I get 90000 Kbit/s on a regular speed test, but only 7500 Kbit/s on NEM. One time I only got 3600 Kbit/s and failed. I'm guessing there's nothing I can do, but still thought I'd post here and see.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 10:28:23 PM

In a 'normal' work environment, no one would delete works related files... You may archive files, but nobody would delete them. It simply doesn't exist.
If I delete files of a superseded project, i'm pretty sure my boss would fire me straight away, with all the rights of the case.
You always keep a copy somewhere, You will never know what's going to happen, not to mention the legal aspect of that  Shocked Imagine if someone will suit you.. and you don't have files to prove that you may be right. You are simply screwed.
So, better to say that you don't want to do it. But please, never say that you cannot do that because you delete files. Please...  Huh  Roll Eyes

There was quite a lively debate back in the day concerning how long to allow share redemption. The decision was made to allow it for a limited amount of time and then use unclaimed shares to invest in the project (I'm not sure of all the details). That limited time passed, so as they said, redemption is no longer possible. It really doesn't matter if files were deleted or archived. I'm really sorry that you lost your stake.
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 10:41:51 PM

OK, so my supernode is passing the tests, but I would still like to figure out why my speed is subpar when it comes to NEM, but awesome when doing regular speed tests.
Does it simply have something to do with peering to the other nodes? Does me using OpenDNS have any effect? Or using ddns.net to hide my IP?

How can ddns hide your ip?

Usually a DNS does exactly the opposite: tells your ip to anyone who asks it.
zoata87
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 10:54:43 PM

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/steam-could-include-bitcoin-payment-option-rumor-510500

Maybe we should get in contact with VALVE, as far as i know they're open minded for new technologies after i had a smalltalk with Gabe Newell at Gamescom in 2011.
We could give it a try.
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 10:57:48 PM

The reason for the deletion is clear to me: Closure with no going back. I'm sure it was apparent to everyone that as soon as NEM got any semblence of value people like yourself would be coming to this thread.

The entire claim process was long winded and heavily debated, and the consensus was a limited -- yet reasonable -- timeframe for people to claim their stakes.

I'm afraid to say you've lost out. If you had followed your investment, you'd have known.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/steam-could-include-bitcoin-payment-option-rumor-510500

Maybe we should get in contact with VALVE, as far as i know they're open minded for new technologies after i had a smalltalk with Gabe Newell at Gamescom in 2011.
We could give it a try.

I think introducing them to Mijin/NEM could benefit everyone all round.
dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 12:18:57 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2016, 01:22:55 AM by dannac

There was quite a lively debate back in the day concerning how long to allow share redemption. The decision was made to allow it for a limited amount of time and then use unclaimed shares to invest in the project (I'm not sure of all the details). That limited time passed, so as they said, redemption is no longer possible. It really doesn't matter if files were deleted or archived. I'm really sorry that you lost your stake.

I haven't lost any stake  Grin I redeemed my stake as per instruction, even if I don't care too much honestly, and I don't have too much faith on it (also for management statements like the incriminated one Grin).. So don't be sorry for nothing  Cool
You didn't get the point: I was just referring to that particular Statement. I'm not saying it's wrong to set a limit for certain things like stakes' distribution. Even if I believe that the 'sock puppets novel' was the biggest scam of the crypto coin history, and has been the biggest income for the developers. But that's another story.
I'm just saying that If you want to sound professional, you should never say that any phase of any project cannot be revised only because you deleted all the files.
Nobody delete files. Files are archived , backed up. Not deleted. If you say that, you're just making a fool of yourself. With no offence to anyone.
Hoping someone else will agree with me. I'm pretty sure they will.
dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 12:22:20 AM

The reason for the deletion is clear to me: Closure with no going back. I'm sure it was apparent to everyone that as soon as NEM got any semblence of value people like yourself would be coming to this thread.

The entire claim process was long winded and heavily debated, and the consensus was a limited -- yet reasonable -- timeframe for people to claim their stakes.

I'm afraid to say you've lost out. If you had followed your investment, you'd have known.

We could give it a try.

I think introducing them to Mijin/NEM could benefit everyone all round.

I don't know what's your job, but I really hope that nobody will never do that to you. It will hurt you at a certain point, for sure.  Grin
zoata87
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 03:36:03 AM

https://feedback.azure.com/forums/169396-media-services/suggestions/11565492-addition-of-nem

We're making good progress, don't forget to vote.
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 07:01:53 AM

We could give it a try.

Yeah that would be awesome but I doubt VALVE would partner up. If anything they'd introduce their own alternative currency. I actually think they have some sort of tokens but I don't know what exaclty you can do with those. You can't buy games with them though.

If anyone has contacts though - please reach out Smiley

rajc

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 09:06:57 AM

I haven't lost any stake  Grin I redeemed my stake as per instruction, even if I don't care too much honestly, and I don't have too much faith on it (also for management statements like the incriminated one Grin).. So don't be sorry for nothing  Cool
You didn't get the point: I was just referring to that particular Statement. I'm not saying it's wrong to set a limit for certain things like stakes' distribution. Even if I believe that the 'sock puppets novel' was the biggest scam of the crypto coin history, and has been the biggest income for the developers. But that's another story.
I'm just saying that If you want to sound professional, you should never say that any phase of any project cannot be revised only because you deleted all the files.
Nobody delete files. Files are archived , backed up. Not deleted. If you say that, you're just making a fool of yourself. With no offence to anyone.
Hoping someone else will agree with me. I'm pretty sure they will.

lol, u re sad that your sock puppets were discovered and you couldnt redeem their stakes so now when price comes up u try to troll developers for the redeem process

BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 10:00:45 AM

I get 90000 Kbit/s on a regular speed test, but only 7500 Kbit/s on NEM. One time I only got 3600 Kbit/s and failed. I'm guessing there's nothing I can do, but still thought I'd post here and see.

Which node was yours? The speed test in the node rewards program heavily relies on other nodes having a good connection to your node, so the location of your node is important.

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 10:02:21 AM

@rigel: in case rigel7 is one of your nodes (and i guess it is) please check out the configuration cause i think there is something wrong: http://supernodes.nem.io/details/36

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
Pages: « 1 ... 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 [1087] 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: