Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:42:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 [1105] 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984064 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
fob123

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 09:54:55 PM

The amount of times the deadline was discussed, debated, pushed back etc made it very easy to at least be aware OF a deadline in the first place. There simply is no excuse but frankly it was obvious to all that as soon NEM started seeing some semblance of value, people like yourself would come out of the woodwork.

I don't doubt that you have full control over your nemstakes, as probably nobody does here. What i do think though is it's your own fault for not at least checking on your investment.
You have no clue. Read my posts. I could check on my NEMstake parked on the NXT blockchain all day long. Couldn't move 'em. No passphrase.

Why don't you do everyone a favor and move on.
No one is interested to hear your problems anymore.
You asked the questions and got your answer.
Your post is just a time waster.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 10:04:29 PM

This is my opinion:

Maybe this is a good time to test the voting power of the NEM community and make a decision as a collective to give these people who forgot their last chance.

The option would be for a percentage of their original stake (if the funds are available), the other percentage going back to the NEM fund as a penalty for not redeeming within the allotted time range.

Maybe something along the lines of 50% given of their original stake.

It's just an idea, the community needs to decide if they are willing to do it.
McDoxy1

Activity: 134

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 10:51:41 PM

I would be saying the same thing if I realized that I would be sitting on worthless assets which could have been worth over $10k but are now completely worthless because I was dumb enough to loose the key to my account (if that's even true) or dumb enough to not redeem them in time.

Instructions were clear when you first bought NEMstakes and if you are so careless with your keys or not keep up with your investments, it's your own fault and I have no sympathy.

Plus there's nothing anybody can do, even if they wanted to.
rajc

Activity: 139

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 11:37:32 PM

The amount of times the deadline was discussed, debated, pushed back etc made it very easy to at least be aware OF a deadline in the first place. There simply is no excuse but frankly it was obvious to all that as soon NEM started seeing some semblance of value, people like yourself would come out of the woodwork.

I don't doubt that you have full control over your nemstakes, as probably nobody does here. What i do think though is it's your own fault for not at least checking on your investment.
You have no clue. Read my posts. I could check on my NEMstake parked on the NXT blockchain all day long. Couldn't move 'em. No passphrase.

at the end of the https://forum.nem.io/t/nemstake-redemption-deadline/1118/83 there is link to some non existing official announcement on this matter.
Does anybody know what that was?
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 11:44:55 PM

at the end of the https://forum.nem.io/t/nemstake-redemption-deadline/1118/83 there is link to some non existing official announcement on this matter.
Does anybody know what that was?

I believe this is the equivalent:
https://forum.nem.io/t/nxt-ae-update-and-official-announcement/1123/6

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
hashtag101

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 12:26:50 AM

Is there any way he  "could"  be scamming. Meaning, do we have to trust him. Or is there no question that he is telling the truth.

If there is no trust involved, and we know for sure that there is no possible way he could be lying, then I think it should go to a community vote.

Pat is also right. He can't give you the NEM even if he wanted. Its in a multisig acct, and the devs have to agree to a vote, then you must get a majority, then, and only then could Pat have the other signers release any XEM.
pgb

Activity: 212

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 12:52:29 AM

This is my opinion:

Maybe this is a good time to test the voting power of the NEM community and make a decision as a collective to give these people who forgot their last chance.

The option would be for a percentage of their original stake (if the funds are available), the other percentage going back to the NEM fund as a penalty for not redeeming within the allotted time range.

Surely we don't want to go back that route again. This was long discussed and at the end people that missed the original deadline were given 3 extra months after launch to claim. If he missed both deadlines is only a fault of his own, although he will obviously blame others.

NEM : TAFTFJ-JJ4XTW-FNYZU7-HZR2Y2-RXIKEW-QIOWFJ-WM4N
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:22:06 AM

This is my opinion:

Surely we don't want to go back that route again. This was long discussed and at the end people that missed the original deadline were given 3 extra months after launch to claim. If he missed both deadlines is only a fault of his own, although he will obviously blame others.

I agree. Lets not go through this crap again. He missed the deadline thats it. done sorry to sound cold but thats it. the devs gave extra few months past the deadline. If you didn't bother to check your stake then too bad. we all have problems sometimes, but I still try to look at the what is goin on with the community. If we do it for one now then whats to say another person says they missed the claim 5 months down the road, then what? deadline is a deadline.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:44:33 AM

What do you mean "no passphrase"? Its not our fault that you forgot your NXT passphrase!
Stop passing the blame on to everyone else and instead suck it up like a grown adult!

If your butthurt because you missed out, then thats only your fault and plenty of time was given to redeem your stake.

If I were you, i would buy in while NEM is still cheap, time to move on!

The deadline had already been extended, and to keep our integrity we have to stick to that and no more exceptions, or else we will just open a whole can of worms. None of us want that.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
hashtag101

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 05:02:45 AM

Yeah. Deadline. I get it.
Yes. If we open up for him, we will end up doing it for others.

How many can there be?

What if anyone who can PROVE that they had a stake, get it?

Would that be so bad?

They believed in NEM before we had all this success. Who knows what could make a person not check for so long. Jail? Depression? I have no idea.

All I worry about, is if they could some how be manipulating us.

To me, if they can PROVE they are not, I say give them the XEM.

Other than our Deadline, what is so wrong with that.

I want to help everyone you can PROVE they are part of our community and had a stake.

Some of you obviously don't agree, Id like to see where the majority is. If I am in the minority, I won't press it.

To me, I just don't see a problem. Maybe someone can explain the problem, other than. "He missed the deadline, and if we help him we will be forced to help others"
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 05:32:27 AM

How many can there be?

Would that be so bad?

They believed in NEM before we had all this success. Who knows what could make a person not check for so long. Jail? Depression? I have no idea.

I want to help everyone you can PROVE they are part of our community and had a stake.

Some of you obviously don't agree, Id like to see where the majority is. If I am in the minority, I won't press it.

To me, I just don't see a problem. Maybe someone can explain the problem, other than. "He missed the deadline, and if we help him we will be forced to help others"

I agree, however how is it possible to prove they are genuine as you say.

Anyway, how can we help someone who "lost" their NXT passphrase?

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
hashtag101

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 05:40:59 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2016, 05:55:40 AM by hashtag101

How many can there be?

Would that be so bad?

I agree, however how is it possible to prove they are genuine as you say.

I don't mean they have to prove they are not an idiot. Most probably will be. There is no way to tell. But a few are genuine. And yes, I want to help them.

My point is if they can PROVE that they aren't scamming us.

Do we have to trust them? Or is it just this Deadline that causes them not to get the XEM.

There is plenty of XEM. I think one of the most important things we could do with it, is make sure those who were there in the beginning, and bought a stake, reap the rewards, and are allowed to be a XEM carrying member of the community in all its glory.

Sure, they weren't in the very beginning, then the stakes were free. But still, these people supported NEM pretty early.  

When original stakeholders lost faith in the future of NEM sold out, these are the people who stepped in...

Because they did believe.

They deserve it, no but wait, the Deadline. Is thar who we want to be.

Sure, legally, we can deny them. But should we?

Let's find out. And I sure hope the spirit of NEM is what comes out in a vote.

I was there when there was 1 page, started by UP.

In the beginning, you would never had imagined, that a few years later, so many in the community would be so cold.

The comments I'm reading are embarrassing.

I want to know what the rest of you think. This cant be all of you.

Meet the new boss...
Same as the old boss.

Tell me it's not true.
Speak up people
Before you do,
Think
Hard
hashtag101

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 06:11:34 AM

There will be a straggler every couple months.

They won't put even the slightest dent in the XEM fund.

I would like to say to them, "you fucks are pretty damn lucky you are in the New Economy Movement, because any other coin community would tell you to get lost. I don't know where you have been, but welcome home"

HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 06:19:19 AM

What do you mean "no passphrase"? Its not our fault that you forgot your NXT passphrase!
Stop passing the blame on to everyone else and instead suck it up like a grown adult!

If your butthurt because you missed out, then thats only your fault and plenty of time was given to redeem your stake.

The deadline had already been extended, and to keep our integrity we have to stick to that and no more exceptions, or else we will just open a whole can of worms. None of us want that.
I've obviously struck a nerve. What I don't understand is why this community seems so eager to take away others' claims to assets? Do you know what fiduciary responsibility is, and why it's needed? It exists to protect against situations like this. Mine was an honest mistake, and I'm sure I'm not alone. We are all human.  Because of my mistake, I couldn't possibly meet any deadline you put in front of me to redeem NEMstake, until I recently found by accident an electronic copy of a passphrase hint to get into my NXT account.

In principle, I understand the need for the Feb 26, 2015 deadline. The genesis block needed to be finalized to make the initial XEM distributions. But it also was taken as an opportunity to strip away assets. Had Tristan (busoni) not sounded off to make the developers change the rules, the February deadline would have caught many more NEMstakers off guard, and your slush fund coffers would have been that much more full.

The second deadline of May 31, 2015 was just another attempt to pull the same stunt as before. This deadline was obviously frivolous, as by now the genesis block had already been created, and included all tokens representing unclaimed NEMstake.  At this point, a group of custodians should have set aside the unclaimed XEM for future claims. But you had other plans...

Face it: this community had a bad launch,  The NEMstake token was a poorly designed instrument, and is still to this day a source of tremendous anger and resentment within the community, and confusion and disappointment for the would be NEMstake redeemers who turn up here with claims from time to time.  And unfortunately for you, patmast3er et al, you will keep having to turn down the NEMstake hodlers because...you had a slush fund creation deadline to keep???

There is another way to resolve this problem, but I trust that you will never dare to try it, for it represents a prima facie conflict of interest to the community: OPEN ENDED NEMSTAKE REDEMPTION. If and when the community suddenly discovers that it is unethical to expropriate others' claims to assets, no matter how in the open it is done, this coin will take the next step toward legitimacy by honoring its commitments to ALL of its investors. Then your token will confer much more value than today. But until then, you're just using the same scam tactics as bankers.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 06:33:41 AM

There will be a straggler every couple months.

They won't put even the slightest dent in the XEM fund.

I would like to say to them, "you fucks are pretty damn lucky you are in the New Economy Movement, because any other coin community would tell you to get lost. I don't know where you have been, but welcome home"

Thanks for that!

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
hashtag101

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 06:38:35 AM

I've obviously struck a nerve. What I don't understand is why this community seems so eager to take away others' claims to assets? Do you know what fiduciary responsibility is, and why it's needed? It exists to protect against situations like this. Mine was an honest mistake, and I'm sure I'm not alone. We are all human.  Because of my mistake, I couldn't possibly meet any deadline you put in front of me to redeem NEMstake, until I recently found by accident an electronic copy of a passphrase hint to get into my NXT account.

In principle, I understand the need for the Feb 26, 2015 deadline. The genesis block needed to be finalized to make the initial XEM distributions. But it also was taken as an opportunity to strip away assets. Had Tristan (busoni) not sounded off to make the developers change the rules, the February deadline would have caught many more NEMstakers off guard, and your slush fund coffers would have been that much more full.

The second deadline of May 31, 2015 was just another attempt to pull the same stunt as before. This deadline was obviously frivolous, as by now the genesis block had already been created, and included all tokens representing unclaimed NEMstake.  At this point, a group of custodians should have set aside the unclaimed XEM for future claims. But you had other plans...

Face it: this community had a bad launch,  The NEMstake token was a poorly designed instrument, and is still to this day a source of tremendous anger and resentment within the community, and confusion and disappointment for the would be NEMstake redeemers who turn up here with claims from time to time.  And unfortunately for you, patmast3er et al, you will keep having to turn down the NEMstake hodlers because...you had a slush fund creation deadline to keep???

There is another way to resolve this problem, but I trust that you will never dare to try it, for it represents a prima facie conflict of interest to the community: OPEN ENDED NEMSTAKE REDEMPTION. If and when the community suddenly discovers that it is unethical to expropriate others' claims to assets, no matter how in the open it is done, this coin will take the next step toward legitimacy by honoring its commitments to ALL of its investors. Then your token will confer much more value than today. But until then, you're just using the same scam tactics as bankers.

Listen, you're making some good points. BUT...

It's not "a slush fund"

You made a mistake. And as of now, because you lost your password, you weren't able to follow what the community thought at the time was a good way to go about closing the asset portion of NEMs history, because it was no longer necessary, as the real NEM lauched.

There was no "bad launch"

Your frustration is understandable, but it is yourself that you should be frustrated with. You lost your password.

I see no reason why you shouldn't receive your XEM.

Let's see what others in the community think.

In the meantime, you should refrain from letting your frustration cause you to go on the attack.

You are lucky you are dealing with the New Economy Movement, or you would be wasting your breath.

So take a deep breath, and let's see how this plays out.

Pat is an amazing member of the team. He is a really good guy.

Just see what transpires.

Maybe he will get this to a vote. That's all he can do.

BitTraderCute

Activity: 899
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 06:39:58 AM

why XEM price fail lastday..? any info ? news?
hashtag101

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 06:41:55 AM

Remember everyone.

Don't let your decision be based on the person and their personality.

It should be based on what is right, and who we are as a community, and who we want to become
kauppalahti

Activity: 235
Merit: 110

HAVUJA PERKELE!

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 07:10:40 AM

why XEM price fail lastday..? any info ? news?

A trader dumped big amount of XEM for profit and
hoping to buy back cheap. That didn't work as he expect : )

This kind of acts make charts up/down.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 07:28:24 AM

Just stop the discussions about the unclaimed stakes already please. It was said multiple times over and over again over a period of many many months that there will be no more chance to get your stake if you miss the deadlines.

Did I mention the deadline was extended? and extended again?

If you come back two years later you obviously had no interest in the coin. It was even stated in the time the coins were for sale on the NXT platform that this was going to happen, so by buying the assets you were accepting those terms.

At the very least, if you knew you were not going to be able to claim them, you could've contacted the devs about this, explained your situation and I'm sure they would figure something out in those specific and special cases.

Starting distribution again now is only waiting to open a shitstorm from others who missed the redemption deadlines, both from the NXT assets as well as before that. It would be very inwise in my opinion.
Pages: « 1 ... 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 [1105] 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: