Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:55:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984108 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 12:03:32 PM

NEM Crowdsale has begun, I missed something?  Roll Eyes

You did not miss anything. Just hop on to http://www.altnemo.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 12:07:24 PM

Every cryptocoin faces a lack of connections to the real life.
Asset Exchanges, multigateways etc. nice to have but isn't interesting for Joe Average.
POW, POS, blockchain and much more is nerd terminology and confuses people more than it helps.
Time will come, when sitting in front of a PC, writing codes and adding features is not enough.
Then it's time to lift the asses and connect NEM to the real world.
My idea:
Create a NEM  discount card and ask suitable companies to accept NEM-cards
(as for instance - refuel your car and get a NEM-discount added to yoir NEM-Wallet instead of a few cent/gallon discount)
It's little bit like Payback, not Fiat-based but NEM-based. And it could be the start of NEM into real life
It would have a practical use, makes NEM known and may infect Joe Average to consider NEM for other purposes.

Waiting for your comments

sounds like a great idea..

you wouldnt even need the shop to accept nem.. that would be a bonus though.. it would be like tipping the customers.. we could distribute cards to shops to give customers like points cards. a customer could sign up, take a card and then get "club card" type points.. nem itself could do a redeem the points website kind of thing where you can get phones and stuff like that.. not sure how the redeeming would be done though.. i guess have a code on the cad that you input into the site and that gives access to the account holding the club card points(nem) and when you choose an item you just click send club card points which would send the nem to the site and then request shipping details or something..?

It could be an ecommerce site within the realm of NEM. It is our very own Goods Store. :-)
oldisoft

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

https://iota.org/

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:08:47 PM

Every cryptocoin faces a lack of connections to the real life.
Asset Exchanges, multigateways etc. nice to have but isn't interesting for Joe Average.
POW, POS, blockchain and much more is nerd terminology and confuses people more than it helps.
Time will come, when sitting in front of a PC, writing codes and adding features is not enough.
Then it's time to lift the asses and connect NEM to the real world.
My idea:
Create a NEM  discount card and ask suitable companies to accept NEM-cards
(as for instance - refuel your car and get a NEM-discount added to yoir NEM-Wallet instead of a few cent/gallon discount)
It's little bit like Payback, not Fiat-based but NEM-based. And it could be the start of NEM into real life
It would have a practical use, makes NEM known and may infect Joe Average to consider NEM for other purposes.

Waiting for your comments
I found it like very interesting idea, everybody can bring for us something brightest and step by step we will be NUMERO UNO in the world.

slavo

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:19:22 PM

"One asset is convertible to a 1oz 999 pure silver proof bullion coin, with a cold wallet attached containing 100 NEM. Worldwide, insured shipping included in price."

so the coin is worth more than the nem inside ? seems not very smart. i'd have bought some if coin was loaded with 100k nem for fun ("NEM will have a maximum of 4 000 000 000 coins")

my 2 cents 100NEM
vytasz7

Activity: 561

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:52:14 PM

"One asset is convertible to a 1oz 999 pure silver proof bullion coin, with a cold wallet attached containing 100 NEM. Worldwide, insured shipping included in price."

so the coin is worth more than the nem inside ? seems not very smart. i'd have bought some if coin was loaded with 100k nem for fun ("NEM will have a maximum of 4 000 000 000 coins")

my 2 cents 100NEM

agree ,if coins had been loaded with more nem coins  people would had been more inclined to buy.For example silver coin had 10k nem and gold coin 100k nem
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 12:53:08 PM

my 2 cents 100NEM

Considering that the coins are selling for 100k NEM, I don't think it is reasonable to ask for silver/packaging/minting/shipping/insurance for free Wink

http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2368.msg4541#msg4541

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 01:28:42 PM

my 2 cents 100NEM

Do note that the 100K NEM you suggested is not free and AltNemo has to buy them just like you to put it into the value of the coin. We could do that. Would you want to buy "some" now if I offered you 5 coins for 1 NEM Stake? I'd throw in the 100K NEM, just for you only. :-)
iaminitnow06

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:35:28 PM

my 2 cents 100NEM

Considering that the coins are selling for 100k NEM, I don't think it is reasonable to ask for silver/packaging/minting/shipping/insurance for free Wink

Yes, If 100k NEM was added to the gold coin then it would have cost much more than the current price. The idea is to sell a physical commodity and support the development of a "Mobile Wallet and a Fast Exchange". So people buying these coins are not only helping the developers raise some money to help fund the side projects but they are also doing a huge favour to themselves and the whole community. In the end they also own physical assets which are not likely going down in value in the future. Infact in 2-3 years when NEM has reached greater heights, these coins will be highly collectible and will carry a hefty price tag. These side projects are really going to define NEM and make NEM standout from the rest of the Coins currently in existence.

NEM(NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.0 | http://forum.nemcoin.com/ | http://altnemo.com/
NBOCOW-D45UHF-A7CJUX-HK7PD3-KUEXEP-PMECIZ-BJFP
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 01:39:16 PM

my 2 cents 100NEM

Yes, If 100k NEM was added to the gold coin then it would have cost much more than the current price. The idea is to sell a physical commodity and support the development of a "Mobile Wallet and a Fast Exchange". So people buying these coins are not only helping the developers raise some money to help fund the side projects but they are also doing a huge favour to themselves and the whole community. In the end they also own physical assets which are not likely going down in value in the future. Infact in 2-3 years when NEM has reached greater heights, these coins will be highly collectible and will carry a hefty price tag. These side projects are really going to define NEM and make NEM standout from the rest of the Coins currently in existence.

I don't know of any other altcoins daring enough to mint solid gold coins Smiley

Also, remember that AltNemo will grant special privileges to people that buy the coins.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 01:39:31 PM

my 2 cents 100NEM

I appreciate that you got the spirit right and that it is not material benefit we are talking about here.

Edit:

If one actually went to Perth Mint and have a look at how much those coins cost (they are priced before shipping and insurance), one will understand that we are not making a killing here. It is more a mutual benefit. Buyer gets coins, we get some money to pursue the project to benefit the community eventually. In fact, the indirect consequence will be an appreciation of NEM, which also will benefit holders of these NEMs.
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:54:11 PM

my 2 cents 100NEM

I appreciate that you got the spirit right and that it is not material benefit we are talking about here.

Edit:

If one actually went to Perth Mint and have a look at how much those coins cost (they are priced before shipping and insurance), one will understand that we are not making a killing here. It is more a mutual benefit. Buyer gets coins, we get some money to pursue the project to benefit the community eventually. In fact, the indirect consequence will be an appreciation of NEM, which also will benefit holders of these NEMs.

Exactly. Seeing gold and silver get into crypto is probably one of the most important things any new coin can do. It's a call i'm glad was made.
TaunGawk

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:58:42 PM

Nembers, come on!  There's a whole bunch of guys out there constantly bashing our new economy movement!  

I call all Nemsters to unite and defend this movement we so truthfully believe in, don't let the bad words rule the general public.  There is some dark and hateful folks lurking around who's only hope is to see Nem suffering.  Nembers unite for a wonderful future!  For fairness and for equality, for a better world through cryptocurrency.
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 07:01:20 PM

Are the developers still  on track for the BETA release in September?
TaunGawk

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:05:19 PM

Yes, makoto1337 mentioned a few pages back that it would launch in just a few weeks ahead. 

Dear NEM developers, the community is very grateful for your constant hard work.  We all owe you a lot.
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 08:05:20 PM

I havn't been keeping up with NEM (waiting for release)

I have my Nemstake on NXT, is there any other big news recently?

I am pretty excited, because while Ethereum is busy taking everyones money with the presale, NEM is promising good features which will give ETH a run for their money.
TaunGawk

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:16:43 PM

I am pretty excited, because while Ethereum is busy taking everyones money with the presale, NEM is promising good features which will give ETH a run for their money.

After NEM is out Ethereum is going to be obsolete either way...  I mean everything's shady about their project.  Just think about the Goldman Sachs connection alone...

Then there's Vitalik - he's like a mascot... some Goldmansachs executive probably said something like:

"We need someone 'hip and kewl', like Justin Bieber, to promote our scam coin to the skateboarding millenials"

.... "umm how about Vitalik sir, all he does is edit some magazine read by a few dozen people and he's also from Toronto just like Bieber",

.... "Good job Samuels, keep up the good work and you'll get that raise"!
KingCole

Activity: 348

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:18:26 PM

Dear NEM developers, the community is very grateful for your constant hard work.  We all owe you a lot.

+1,000,000

KC
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:24:08 PM

After NEM is out Ethereum is going to be obsolete either way...

Dude, you are the most jealous/envy filled poster in history. Why do you always post about other crypto and how they are going to die since you are not invested in them?

"No envy movement" my ass

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Jaguar0625

Activity: 299

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:25:27 PM

After NEM is out Ethereum is going to be obsolete either way...

Dude, you are the most jealous/envy filled poster in history. Why do you always post about other crypto and how they are going to die since you are not invested in them?

"No envy movement" my ass

TaunGawk is not a representative of the NEM community and his opinions do not represent the opinions of the community.

NEM - nem.io
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 02:26:38 AM

Yes, makoto1337 mentioned a few pages back that it would launch in just a few weeks ahead. 

Release will be in the Late Sept - Early Nov time window.

We are almost there Smiley

YOU can help us release sooner by testing the alpha: http://news.nemcoin.com/nem-alpha-one-click-install-client-is-now-available/

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Pages: « 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: