Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:14:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984413 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NEMergizer

Activity: 313
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:16:52 AM

I am not quite sure how someone would fall into comparing NEM to Ethereum. Please correct me if I am wrong: my understanding is that they are too different animals. Unless someone is welling to explain how smart contracts work in NEM Smiley
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 05:10:03 AM

I havn't been keeping up with NEM (waiting for release)

I have my Nemstake on NXT, is there any other big news recently?

I am pretty excited, because while Ethereum is busy taking everyones money with the presale, NEM is promising good features which will give ETH a run for their money.

Yes, the latest is that we are going to up the ante on everyone. Pleasse visit www.Altnemo.com
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 05:27:19 AM

I am not quite sure how someone would fall into comparing NEM to Ethereum. Please correct me if I am wrong: my understanding is that they are too different animals. Unless someone is welling to explain how smart contracts work in NEM Smiley

Have a look here: http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2372.msg4398#msg4398

That little line there that says Business Rules can have a lot of implications. It is some smart contract mechanism. I do not know much about it enough to talk but it has some rules that you can make use of and I hope it is some pseudo programming codes with if/else, while loops, for loops and calls to APIs and subroutines/procedures that we can work on to make it a powerful solution for everyday use.
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 06:43:56 AM

Nembers, come on!  There's a whole bunch of guys out there constantly bashing our new economy movement!  

I call all Nemsters to unite and defend this movement we so truthfully believe in, don't let the bad words rule the general public.  There is some dark and hateful folks lurking around who's only hope is to see Nem suffering.  Nembers unite for a wonderful future!  For fairness and for equality, for a better world through cryptocurrency.

No, I prefer not going around trolling other coins thread.

If you want to discuss about NEM, the right place is this topic or better http://forum.nemcoin.com/

Obviously people in Ethereum thread say Ethereum is the best crypto. If you are not interested in Ethereum why do you go there?

Can't we just be respectful of each other?
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 07:20:58 AM

Nembers, come on!  There's a whole bunch of guys out there constantly bashing our new economy movement!  

I call all Nemsters to unite and defend this movement we so truthfully believe in, don't let the bad words rule the general public.  There is some dark and hateful folks lurking around who's only hope is to see Nem suffering.  Nembers unite for a wonderful future!  For fairness and for equality, for a better world through cryptocurrency.

If you want to discuss about NEM, the right place is this topic or better http://forum.nemcoin.com/

Obviously people in Ethereum thread say Ethereum is the best crypto. If you are not interested in Ethereum why do you go there?

I think it's important to keep things positive. It's usually better to simply do what is right yourself without judging others.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
NEMergizer

Activity: 313
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 08:00:24 AM

Have a look here: http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2372.msg4398#msg4398

That little line there that says Business Rules can have a lot of implications. It is some smart contract mechanism. I do not know much about it enough to talk but it has some rules that you can make use of and I hope it is some pseudo programming codes with if/else, while loops, for loops and calls to APIs and subroutines/procedures that we can work on to make it a powerful solution for everyday use.

Thanks. I am still trying to find more details.
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 08:58:04 AM

I think it's important to keep things positive. It's usually better to simply do what is right yourself without judging others.

Agreed. There is no point in calling others out, or trying to correct others' behavior. Just be the example for the community that you feel you should be and others will follow. We have so many outstanding, positive members in this community who speak on behalf of NEM. I personally respect all cryptocurrencies as a disruptive technology; I just happen to have chosen NEM to stand behind at this point in cryptocurrency's history. I owe no allegiance to anyone because this is not some sort of factional conflict we are involved in here. Really the only conflict at all is crypto vs. the establishment, and even then I feel like we will most likely be living in harmony with fiat for quite some time until cryptocurrency becomes the norm.

So anyway, my point is that for every person who treats a cryptocurrency like their own personal movement that must, by definition, be at conflict with all others, there are people like myself and many others in this community who simply want cryptocurrency as a whole to succeed because we know that it is a disruptive technology that can change the world for the better.

I really want the NEM community to be the most friendly cryptocurrency community on the Internet, and I really do think we have the capability to be just that as long as we have the right leadership in place. If we want mass adoption of NEM, we need for the community to be as friendly as possible to newcomers because the vast majority of regular people are immediately turned off by petty bickering and in-fighting. It makes the community and cryptocurrency as a whole seem like a childish endeavor between people with their own political and social agendas, and that is not what cryptocurrency should be about. Cryptocurrency is about uniting the people and giving power back to us so that we can all have better lives, hopefully free from the stress and turmoil that financial woes bring to so many in the world today.

So please, the only thing I request of all of you is to just think about the things you say before you say them. It's such an easy thing to be hurtful on the Internet without realizing it, because you are simply typing into a void, but there are actual human beings on the other side of that monitor who are reading the words you type. Let's be respectful of everyone who wishes to join our community. Smiley

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
fz0591

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:45:11 AM

I am not able to find my stake in the list. who can i talk to?
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:47:28 AM

I am not able to find my stake in the list. who can i talk to?

You were probably removed because the "logo" you "designed" hasn't been considered a serious attempt.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=440185.msg4899436#msg4899436

lstern

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:04:32 PM

headstart: we're planning small release this weekend.
Fun stuff: there will be hard fork at block 32768. It would actually be good if not everyone would update, just to observe the fork Smiley

P.S. Not sure if you've noticed, but there's a small cool feature in block explorer thanks to freigeist

Is this the NEM block explorer?

Yes.

Nice progress!
zachamo

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 07:57:36 PM

Any chance someone could send me some testnet NEM?

See sig

Cheers

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 08:43:23 PM

So is the launch already there? Can I use my NEMSTAKE token still then?
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:20:28 PM

No explicit launch date yet, but we are working hard Smiley

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:29:53 PM

Any chance someone could send me some testnet NEM?

See sig

Cheers

Sent you a million Smiley

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
GheorgheCuza

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:59:07 PM

"One asset is convertible to a 1oz 999 pure silver proof bullion coin, with a cold wallet attached containing 100 NEM. Worldwide, insured shipping included in price."

so the coin is worth more than the nem inside ? seems not very smart. i'd have bought some if coin was loaded with 100k nem for fun ("NEM will have a maximum of 4 000 000 000 coins")

my 2 cents 100NEM

Considering that the coins are selling for 100k NEM, I don't think it is reasonable to ask for silver/packaging/minting/shipping/insurance for free Wink

http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2368.msg4541#msg4541
Yes, If 100k NEM was added to the gold coin then it would have cost much more than the current price. The idea is to sell a physical commodity and support the development of a "Mobile Wallet and a Fast Exchange". So people buying these coins are not only helping the developers raise some money to help fund the side projects but they are also doing a huge favour to themselves and the whole community. In the end they also own physical assets which are not likely going down in value in the future. Infact in 2-3 years when NEM has reached greater heights, these coins will be highly collectible and will carry a hefty price tag. These side projects are really going to define NEM and make NEM standout from the rest of the Coins currently in existence.

I don't know of any other altcoins daring enough to mint solid gold coins Smiley

Also, remember that AltNemo will grant special privileges to people that buy the coins.

What are the special privileges?
zachamo

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:36:42 PM

Wow.. Gotta say - that client is S-L-I-C-K.. I'm a stakeholder for NEM and NODE, and from what I've seen, the NEM client is definitely nicer to use.. Though this whole NIS / NCC is a bit maddening- couldn't get the one-step installer to work as there was no installation of NCC so far as I can tell.. Otherwise, love it.

Can't wait to watch this grow!

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 12:26:24 AM

Wow.. Gotta say - that client is S-L-I-C-K.. I'm a stakeholder for NEM and NODE, and from what I've seen, the NEM client is definitely nicer to use.. Though this whole NIS / NCC is a bit maddening- couldn't get the one-step installer to work as there was no installation of NCC so far as I can tell.. Otherwise, love it.

I so badly want this coin to release, but in the time of a coin releasing daily I also don;t want it to release yet... if that makes any sense haha,,,

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 01:22:14 AM

"One asset is convertible to a 1oz 999 pure silver proof bullion coin, with a cold wallet attached containing 100 NEM. Worldwide, insured shipping included in price."

so the coin is worth more than the nem inside ? seems not very smart. i'd have bought some if coin was loaded with 100k nem for fun ("NEM will have a maximum of 4 000 000 000 coins")

my 2 cents 100NEM

Considering that the coins are selling for 100k NEM, I don't think it is reasonable to ask for silver/packaging/minting/shipping/insurance for free Wink

Yes, If 100k NEM was added to the gold coin then it would have cost much more than the current price. The idea is to sell a physical commodity and support the development of a "Mobile Wallet and a Fast Exchange". So people buying these coins are not only helping the developers raise some money to help fund the side projects but they are also doing a huge favour to themselves and the whole community. In the end they also own physical assets which are not likely going down in value in the future. Infact in 2-3 years when NEM has reached greater heights, these coins will be highly collectible and will carry a hefty price tag. These side projects are really going to define NEM and make NEM standout from the rest of the Coins currently in existence.

I don't know of any other altcoins daring enough to mint solid gold coins Smiley

Also, remember that AltNemo will grant special privileges to people that buy the coins.

The privileges cannot be announced publicly because of the legalities surrounding it. The eventual holders of these metal rounds are automatically members that are considered private to our initiative. Only then they are accorded these "privileges".
mrvegad

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:11:02 AM

my 2 cents 100NEM

The privileges cannot be announced publicly because of the legalities surrounding it. The eventual holders of these metal rounds are automatically members that are considered private to our initiative. Only then they are accorded these "privileges".

1st RULE: You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB.
EFFV

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:07:48 AM

Yeah, and the client is only the beginning...

NEM has a ton of awesome features and infrastructure working down the pipeline (think apps, ATMs, and mobile).  I have said it before, out of all the current crypto coins I believe NEM has the most upward potential. Also, the one click install will probably become a little more clean as we get closer to launch. We could probably help with a little more information.

-EFFV

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: