Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:16:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 [376] 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984235 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dewey556

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:26:22 AM

Can anyone suggest a browser that doesnt initially reject opening the client and doesnt give you a 'process' to go through where you can ' copy and paste' addresses and public keys?

ironically, until the copy&paste issue is resolved IE should be the browser of choice Smiley

would be awesome if the copy paste thing could be fixed to work on Firefox. Sofar I cant manage to get it to run on chrome (wont start java although its activated) and IE is not a choice since I am using Ubuntu. I really dont want to be forced to write my keys down or take a picture.

TDJIQW-ROPLSR-IF6NCA-2WJM6B-IRHGUO-LYVZ2A-BXIN
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 10:31:37 AM

12:05:10 SEVERE Could not acquire exclusive lock to lock file (org.nem.monitor.NemMonitor canStart)

The last line means that?

Means that the nem monitor is already running. Please try to kill all java processes on your machine and then try again (or reboot your machine).

Killed them but get the same lines. Then restarted but get the same lines again.

Try deleting all files in the NEM directory. I presume you have read/write rights to your directory?
boarf

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:33:35 AM

Nemstake sent !!!
Transaction Id 9540434090775273694

Hope I've done everithing right!!

No you haven't done it right.
Either your message is encrypted or you didn't include one at all.

If you have encrypted it you don't need to do anything. You only gave me some manual work to do.
If you haven't included a message at all pm me with the tx-id and a real NEM address.

Well, you got closer than some other people...

Edit:

Actually scratch that. That's the tx-id from when I sent YOU the asset. You realize what the process is don't you ?

Sorry, my mistake Tx Id should be this one: 5610557257392545532
I've sent the message with it.
Please let me know.

Thanks
nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:34:59 AM

Can anyone suggest a browser that doesnt initially reject opening the client and doesnt give you a 'process' to go through where you can ' copy and paste' addresses and public keys?

ironically, until the copy&paste issue is resolved IE should be the browser of choice Smiley

would be awesome if the copy paste thing could be fixed to work on Firefox. Sofar I cant manage to get it to run on chrome (wont start java although its activated) and IE is not a choice since I am using Ubuntu. I really dont want to be forced to write my keys down or take a picture.

+1        A look at the Chrome process strikes fear into this non-techie.....lol....

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
atleticofa

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:48:38 AM

I have JAVA 8, NIS and NCC running.

I go to localhost:8989 and I don't see nothing, just a blank page. Which could be my problem?
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:57:48 AM

Nemstake sent !!!

If you have encrypted it you don't need to do anything. You only gave me some manual work to do.
If you haven't included a message at all pm me with the tx-id and a real NEM address.

Edit:

Actually scratch that. That's the tx-id from when I sent YOU the asset. You realize what the process is don't you ?

would it not be better pat if he sent a message containing an address from the account that sent the stake? just sending you a pm on btt doesnt prove thats his nem stake or his account..

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:00:01 AM

12:05:10 SEVERE Could not acquire exclusive lock to lock file (org.nem.monitor.NemMonitor canStart)

Means that the nem monitor is already running. Please try to kill all java processes on your machine and then try again (or reboot your machine).

Killed them but get the same lines. Then restarted but get the same lines again.

Try deleting all files in the NEM directory. I presume you have read/write rights to your directory?

Deleted couple of times but same thing. I have all permissions on This folder, subfolders and files.

(sorry for being the grandma on the customer support line)

patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:00:04 AM

Nemstake sent !!!

Edit:

would it not be better pat if he sent a message containing an address from the account that sent the stake? just sending you a pm on btt doesnt prove thats his nem stake or his account..

It's bs anyway but yes, that would have been better Smiley

patmast3r

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:02:06 AM

Deleted couple of times but same thing. I have all permissions on This folder, subfolders and files.

Since you've tried a few things now i think a restart is in order. Who knows what kind of zombie processes might lurk around and lock that file.
After the restart try it again from scratch. Make sure you delete the folder before the restart.

atleticofa

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:06:46 AM

I have JAVA 8, NIS and NCC running.

I go to localhost:8989 and I don't see nothing, just a blank page. Which could be my problem?

Try http://127.0.0.1:8989/ncc/web/index.html   Smiley

Thank you! It's working  Smiley
atleticofa

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:11:48 AM

By the way. I see a problem with spanish translation.

I can't see letters like ó á é í ú

There is some problem with the Unicode, ASCII encoding or somethink like that Wink
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:12:41 AM

Since you've tried a few things now i think a restart is in order. Who knows what kind of zombie processes might lurk around and lock that file.
After the restart try it again from scratch. Make sure you delete the folder before the restart.

Still nothing. I think I'll revive my old computer, install Win7 and try there. Need a new fresh OS install there anyways. I need to solve this riddle for the NEM Step 3.
patmast3r

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:15:30 AM

Still nothing. I think I'll revive my old computer, install Win7 and try there. Need a new fresh OS install there anyways. I need to solve this riddle for the NEM Step 3.

That's absurd.
Can you make a screenshot of your Desktop after you've tried to run it ?

boarf

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:24:53 AM

Nemstake sent !!!

Edit:

Please let me know.

Thanks

@patmast3r

Any news about it? I just want to be sure it has been transfered properly.

Thanks
patmast3r

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:26:05 AM

Nemstake sent !!!

Edit:

Please let me know.

Thanks

@patmast3r

Any news about it? I just want to be sure it has been transfered properly.

Thanks

That one looks good.

patmast3r

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:27:51 AM

I would try the standalone version before doing any of that!   Wink

Edit:  Oops...  I just noticed that there is no standalone link for the beta...   Embarrassed

http://bob.nem.ninja/nis-ncc-0.4.9.tgz

xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:36:28 AM

I would try the standalone version before doing any of that!   Wink

Edit:  Oops...  I just noticed that there is no standalone link for the beta...   Embarrassed

http://bob.nem.ninja/nis-ncc-0.4.9.tgz

Yep...  I went back and re-edited my post again...  lol   Cheesy

Update: just added the link to the standalone version in the NEM forum beta OP.
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:46:32 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2014, 12:28:00 PM by BitcoinForumator

The standalone version WORKS. I get to the "Create new wallet" etc screen.

The thing is AFTER i'm running this standalone version I run the webclient/NOM after this/simultaneously and it goes past the last line (the "SEVERE could not acquire bla bla bla")

Edit: I think there's a facepalm in order. The .jar standalone v NCC should be running all the time?
Edit2: nah, shutdown everything and ran just the webclient again and it works fine (no "SEVERE" errors)
Edit3: sometimes both versions work and sometimes they don't (SEVERE...) and not sure about the cause/effect relation

sdersdf3

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:04:56 PM

I get:
"NIS requires to be booted. Please open your wallet and boot a local node via the popup dialog or configure the auto-boot setting."
this is as far as I've been able to get after trying multiple browsers. I previously got other errors.

GUI looks nice (not like the typical altcoin wallet), and I realise that this is beta, but devs should consider a simple, one-click installation/launch process that doesn't require non-techies to install multiple software packages (and concerns/unknowns about the security risks of doing so) and go through lots of hoops/caveats.

There needs to be a bit more of an eye here toward encouraging adoption by a general audience outside the world of crypto.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 12:06:34 PM

Devs

Is there any, even very very small possibility, that some two people generate the same address and private key using BETA? Is there some checking to not generate the same address?

It could happen on the same day that you get struck by lightning, win the lottery, get hit by a neutrino, and have your body ripped apart encountering dark matter.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
Pages: « 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 [376] 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: