Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:46:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825829 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 12:34:34 PM

Drak censoring the thread is a bit silly imho,
+1
censorship is against what each and every one in cypto believes. No reason for censored thread.
Trolls will always be, and users can answer, ignore, or press the 'ignore automatically' button.
Community members should feel free to talk bout WHATEVER they wish, may it be price, ideas, dissatisfaction, trading, mining, whatever.

If you're an investor in via it should be because you believe its technological direction to be superior to bitcoin and win out in the long run.
If you're an investor in via you should come to terms that you are taking a BIG risk, and MOST LIKELY you will lose all your investment. If you can't handle such loss, dump all or at least what you can't afford to lose. Now that you are indifferent to the VIA price, anything can happen- worst: VIA becomes a worthless zombie coin; best- smart contracts and Turing complete scripts are imported from Ethereum, treechains are tested, people build apps on VIA/CH... who knows.

The silence has been deafening these past few months and Drak did f**k up in that respect
+1
Most coders I've met in my life tend to underestimate the importance of communications and why lack of it creates tension or distrust. Drak certainly experienced a cold shower, but imho don't expect him to become open and communicative just because of this experience. It is our job to ask, address him, and engage him to answer. If it's only up to him, then imho by nature, a coder remains a coder... [no offence Drak- you are an excellent coder but community/communication might not be your "thing"  Smiley ]

If you aren't looking at the current price of viacoin as an amazing opportunity right now then...
I see viacoin as a technology experiment, and a lottery investment. The experiment can succeed technologically but fail investment wise, or vice versa, or both, or neither. At these prices, at half these prices, or any other price- still no-one can provide not even an educated guess about the future, neither Drak, nor Peter Todd, nor masternode, or anyone else. That is why it's important to stick to a position you can afford to lose, write it off in your mind, and then join the community to help build/promote something. Bitcoin was written-off by so many people, so many times...  apparently, any coin was written-off at this time or another, including litecoin, darkcoin, NXT, etc. etc..

Many people here (me included) thinks that VIA needs more adoption
adoption is an illusive term. Adoption by whom?
users? honestly, why should users convert to using viacoin when they have bitcoin...
merchants? why would they use viacoin when they have bitcoin, and even that is hardly used...
imho, adoption has different stages, with each stage tapping to a different adoption vector.  
Right now, viacoin is simply no match for bitcoin as a currency [bitcoin is more accepted, recognized, traded, distributed, wallets, merchants, etc].
Adoption of CH as a decentralized market will also fail because it is based on a narrowly distributed coin [Viacoin] and can not compete with centralized exchanges in speed, volume, range of coins, etc.

I believe Viacoin's adoption right now should be 'app-developer adoption', i.e. convincing app developers to build their apps on CH.
Any app will do- a game, a discount token, an art-authentication app.... anything

We can do this in one of two ways I can think of-
1) community members rout connections to potential app builders and start-ups to Drak's direction and nag until the parties communicate.
2) community decides on an app project, and instead of throwing money on useless PR/ branding, we finance the first app and release it as an open-source proof-of-concept that can later be the base to drive more devs to build apps on VIA/CH.

We missed getgems, but i know there are other potential app-builders waiting on the fence...
They need some persuading to do, and with community members' connections + Drak's hands-on involvement, we might just succeed in flipping some of them our way instead of going to Ethereum, NXT, Bitshares, Mastercoin, etc.

Good points. Especially the last.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 12:37:45 PM

adoption is an illusive term. Adoption by whom?
users? honestly, why should users convert to using viacoin when they have bitcoin...
merchants? why would they use viacoin when they have bitcoin, and even that is hardly used...
imho, adoption has different stages, with each stage tapping to a different adoption vector.  
Right now, viacoin is simply no match for bitcoin as a currency [bitcoin is more accepted, recognized, traded, distributed, wallets, merchants, etc].
Adoption of CH as a decentralized market will also fail because it is based on a narrowly distributed coin [Viacoin] and can not compete with centralized exchanges in speed, volume, range of coins, etc.

I believe Viacoin's adoption right now should be 'app-developer adoption', i.e. convincing app developers to build their apps on CH.
Any app will do- a game, a discount token, an art-authentication app.... anything

We can do this in one of two ways I can think of-
1) community members rout connections to potential app builders and start-ups to Drak's direction and nag until the parties communicate.
2) community decides on an app project, and instead of throwing money on useless PR/ branding, we finance the first app and release it as an open-source proof-of-concept that can later be the base to drive more devs to build apps on VIA/CH.

We missed getgems, but i know there are other potential app-builders waiting on the fence...
They need some persuading to do, and with community members' connections + Drak's hands-on involvement, we might just succeed in flipping some of them our way instead of going to Ethereum, NXT, Bitshares, Mastercoin, etc.

Comparing VIA (and any other currency in that matter) with Bitcoin is simply unserious. At least in short term. Any project must have his own identity. Adoption is not an illusive term, because you said it first - "Bitcoin is more accepted, recognized, traded, distributed, wallets, merchants, etc..". That exactly means adoption. With that said - this is a win-win situation. For example there can be online shop, which is selling cats for VIA. Why should I care? I don't, but some other people do. It's called marketing, because adoption is > more people > more feasibility > more interest.

spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 01:17:36 PM

Hello,

yogg contacted me about 2 hours ago and he said that he is fixing VIA on AltDice.net. Currently I can see that my 1k VIA are confirmed and I believe that yogg will post here pretty soon to confirm that VIA deposits are now working.

Cheers,
Spartak

Truthfull

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 01:32:15 PM

I see Drak-ass delete my truths

But ask yourself, why he spend all day tweeting and trading Bitcoin & seeking praise in his whale club instead of answering community questions?

Compare # of tweets from Drak

https://i.imgur.com/7FvMxYZ.png

To developer Vitalik

https://i.imgur.com/mysB72J.png

Is this what Drak do all day instead of work?

https://i.imgur.com/c3CaRno.png

Maybe you should focus on your coin Drak not fun house

https://i.imgur.com/0JLHCSP.png

But no merger with Zynga like you suggest

https://i.imgur.com/ZPItJCD.png

Instead of drawing pretty paint picture you get to work coding, we paid you 600 btc after all

https://i.imgur.com/Bt7CdZw.png

Improve your public relation game

https://i.imgur.com/GBrTztb.png

Nice to see time to sit watching charts all day

https://i.imgur.com/ghJiAJY.png

More time wasted trading and caring about self and not investors

https://i.imgur.com/Z20uDTz.png

Welcoming more scammer to his secret club

https://i.imgur.com/A6uA9Hb.png

....and here a scammer everywhere a scammer

https://i.imgur.com/bTJiluf.png

More time, more money, interest in other alts, not his own coin

https://i.imgur.com/wCLjaZt.png

Ask me community ARE YOU Hopeful?

https://i.imgur.com/OoXOmey.png

CAN YOU CONFIRM VIACOIN LEGIT?

And before you delete my post Drak, stop thinking you are victim

https://i.imgur.com/v7HXSr8.png
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 02:03:08 PM

Looking at Truthfull account I can see only trolling in his history. Looking at the drak's personal Twitter account I can see normal guy who is trading and following some signals. Now.. you have one good point here and that is Twitter. Twitter is vital for currencies imho, but I think that drak already knows that and he will do something about it. Many people here are also traders and Bitcoin followers (Buterin included). Ask him if can abandon Bitcoin because of his Ethereum? Vitalik also gathered 10s of millions in investments so you can't currently compare it with VIA. Be smart and stop trolling if you are Viacoin investor.

yogg
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 02:04:28 PM

Viacoin is eligible to be added on AltDice.net ! Smiley

We are happy to introduce AltDice to the Viacoin community !

AltDice is a provably fair dice game. We offer both on-chain and off-chain games.
At AltDice, we like games and we like every cryptocoin. We do our best to make available a great gaming website to the virtual currencies communities.
AltDice was started back in August 2013, and it's not going anywhere !

Spartak requested us to add VIA to our dicing platform.
To make it possible, we are selling 25% of our future VIA profit.
The coins raised with this sale are exclusively used to fund the game.

Doing so allow us to host high stakes games and share some of our profits with you.
Also, higher stakes mean higher profits. Smiley

Please visit our share sale page for more informations.

Once the required amount has been reached, Viacoin will be added within 24 hours.

Thanks for reading !
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 02:09:32 PM

CryptoCloudHosting.org are proud to add VIA to our payment system.

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 02:20:02 PM

I can vouch for both yogg and batesresearch! THANKS guys!

btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 02:45:27 PM

I'll be honest with you, I don't like this forum because things get buried so very quickly in a sea of noise. Already evidence of this with some people asking the same questions that were answered 1 or 2 pages back. It's very inefficient. Does anyone have any suggestion regarding this?
canej

Activity: 278
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 02:56:41 PM

I'll be honest with you, I don't like this forum because things get buried so very quickly in a sea of noise. Already evidence of this with some people asking the same questions that were answered 1 or 2 pages back. It's very inefficient. Does anyone have any suggestion regarding this?

Have a updated Q&A on website?

Blog?
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 02:59:30 PM

OK so let's move discussions forward. Already we've just had two nice wins with altdice and cryptocloundhosting because of spartak_t.

Keldster and I are meeting with a PR firm tomorrow and I also want to talk to some other marketers and see what they think they can offer viacoin in terms of exposure.

In case you didn't realise, there are 1MM VIA from the XCH conversions (all unspent) available for the projects and I am willing to bankroll some marketing efforts etc. We need to agree on the details and find out how to measure success because efficiency matters to me. Part of my measure of success is how much community participate. Bounties can certainly help, they are a good idea, I don't remember who suggested it earlier.

In any case, it's time to look forward and focus on being constructive. I very much believe in grass roots marketing. If everyone leverages their own contacts, like spartak_t has just done, you can spread adoption far and wide. If you all wait around for one person to act, well, it will be somewhat effective until all resources are burned through. But the world works on personal contacts and relationships and it's the most powerful. Arguably President Obama won his first term exactly because of grass root campaigning. We are a decentralised community and if we all work together, our collective results can be amazing. Need I not remind you of how the doge community created a phenomenon with their collective efforts. No-one was at the center of that phenomenon. so while I am absolutely on board and prepared to spend money wisely, I do so only if there is a reciprocation of efforts from the community.

So why don't you all throw some ideas about and pool our resources together? Remember, by resources, I don't necessarily mean you need to spend money, I mean that you should leverage your contacts and sphere of influence. We need to define clear goals, and aspirations. We need to define how we will know when those results have been achieved.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:07:56 PM

Just to add to my previous post. People need to stop thinking about viacoin as a startup, this is the wrong paradigm. A startup is a centralised company with owners. No-one owns viacoin. Viacoin is an open source project and the viacoin network is democratic and we have to convince miners to accept any changes we propose in the software. We have to even convince miners to mine in the first place...

The future is in decentralisation because decentralised systems are more robust and even in nature we see decentralisation as a natural phenomenon. Yet, components of a decentralised systems in nature act together and give the appearance of being one thing. So long as the viacoin network is strong, and the system works (e.g. tokens cant be double spent and the maths behind private keypairs etc remains solid), everything else can function. People can utilise viacoin as a payment system, build embedded applications, run businesses and services, etc. etc.

Ultimately we want to bootstrap and kickstart the community and make a well lit fire which will rage independently afterwards.
unek

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 06:00:52 PM

just noticed a viacoin icon in the font awesome icon pack, neat!
Primitive

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:10:46 PM

Thanks Drak

yes, the community is an essential part.  a successful "coin" needs this.  but also a successful coin needs a leader.  i think it needs both.  i'm not saying you are refusing to lead.  but i still am a little wary that you want the community to possibly pull more of the weight than is reasonable.  you can not single-handedly resurrect VIA, nor can the community.  but between the two at this moment in time,  you are the more critical component in my opinion .  it seems like projects that are doing well, or recovering from lows, have very active development - and very active communication - from the lead dev.  i feel like the lack of communication over the past few months is what triggered the recent drop in the price of VIA to some depressing levels.  it gave the impression that nothing was happening, while at the same time, some interesting things were happening with other coins.  basically, VIA is being leapfrogged.

for what it's worth, people like myself, masternode, otoh, others haven't sold a single VIA.  some people have asked for "proof" of this. no idea how to prove it, but those people can do some blockchain research if they are so paranoid.

as far as this horrible forum is concerned, i think unfortunately it is a place that you must continue to use for communication.   like mos eisley, here "you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."   but i think it's a requirement.  particularly now, with what is happening.

ready to look forward, not backward.

NEM, LSK, STRAT
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:56:57 PM

Thanks Drak

yes, the community is an essential part.  a successful "coin" needs this.  but also a successful coin needs a leader.  i think it needs both.  i'm not saying you are refusing to lead.  but i still am a little wary that you want the community to possibly pull more of the weight than is reasonable.  you can not single-handedly resurrect VIA, nor can the community.  but between the two at this moment in time,  you are the more critical component in my opinion .  it seems like projects that are doing well, or recovering from lows, have very active development - and very active communication - from the lead dev.  i feel like the lack of communication over the past few months is what triggered the recent drop in the price of VIA to some depressing levels.  it gave the impression that nothing was happening, while at the same time, some interesting things were happening with other coins.  basically, VIA is being leapfrogged.

for what it's worth, people like myself, masternode, otoh, others haven't sold a single VIA.  some people have asked for "proof" of this. no idea how to prove it, but those people can do some blockchain research if they are so paranoid.

as far as this horrible forum is concerned, i think unfortunately it is a place that you must continue to use for communication.   like mos eisley, here "you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."   but i think it's a requirement.  particularly now, with what is happening.

ready to look forward, not backward.

Good post. I disagree on several points but it seems to be in sync with what it is needed to be done now in VIA and, again, BTCDrak "seems" -only seems-, to be willing to do. Old habits die hard -actually NEVER die- and Drak's panic and personal paranoia about so called "fudsters" remains as intact as his willingness to sacrifice the great strides that were made to have a real free speech and open forum. That guys posted some provocative statements but, to be quite honest, most of them are true and deserve an answer (for instance, whatever happened to the "zynga deal"?). He also proved quite profusely Drak's interest are much more focused -or have been for months- on other coins and investments rather than on VIA. Drak himself refuses -why?- to say how much of the ICO money is still available and in what, BTC, Fiat? and what is his real, personal, stake in VIA. These are very serious issues at this time and they all should be subject to extreme transparency if the support of the community is to be obtained.

As for you, Primitive's quotes, I believe the real "scum" in VIA has been operating behind the scenes, not on the forums of BTCT, as we are now beginning to have a clearer picture of it. Much more clear will reveal ion time. The fortunes of VIA would have been quite different if the "scum" would have been revealed here long ago, instead of keeping it operating in the background. We, evidently, have quite a different definition of what "scum" is in crypto.

People has asked, yes, and quite logically, about the dealings in VIA of the likes of you, masternode, otoh and Drak, of course. They have every right to think the worst at this point, since you guys have been controlling, very unethically, seemingly at will, the destinies of their investments in the project. It is very easy to demonstrate if you have or haven't sold any coins: Put a link to your wallet addresses. That simple. The fact that the one on the first page for otoh's wallet doesn't work, doesn't exactly inspire confidence, does it? But, like I said already, if Drak himself refuses to produce this info, the leader of the project, who else is going to volunteer his?

Drak has posted that he's looking for PR, including a PR firm. While that is a sign of action on a front that is sorely needed, what we have to do is at least try to avoid clear mistakes that others before have committed. Hiring a PR firm is not cost effective nor has represented any help at all for the various projects that have used that tactic before, BlackCoin comes to mind. I repeat it is not cost effective nor propels the project forward to hire a pR firm. Now a Dedicated and compensated person, working full time on that regard, that's a different proposition altogether and a much cheaper and obviously effective one. But, again, it will never work when the main communication channel -this forum- continues to be CENSORED. That's a total no-no. Every single project that has tried it, has had to go back to free speech mode. Including BlackCoin. But there are many other examples. To pretend to be in favor of crypto while at the same time exercising censorship is like having slaves and pretending to be against slavery, ok?

I have to be sarcastic and quite skeptic -even in agreement with the message- for the "late day" request for transparency for the people that were enjoying their scummy tactics for months when VIA was a huge financial success. Like you, Primitive and masternode. It is quite amazing, indeed, that now, when your stacks are worth practically nothing, como to the community for help and ask for transparency. You don't come, as one would have expected, with real actions talking louder than  words such as "here's my 10% of my holdings to support the efforts of the community and the dev" to show real support and meaningless action. Mind you, even that would have just a testimonial value considering your millions of VIA are, de facto, worthless so it would be more of a gesture than actual generosity, but it would be something, rather that just empty words, at quite the wrong time, pretending to come clean because "you haven't sold a single VIA" which may or may not be true but it is meaningless because the only reason you didn't, if in fact you did not, was because you wanted more and believed, for months, that with your access to private information and capacity of create direction in the background, you would gain much more. Greed, pure and simple, has been your undoing. There's no redemption possible to those scummy actions. The only possible one would be through real actions now, by the community and the dev. No influence. No privileges. In or out. Trust, I doubt you will ever regain.

So, once again, the address of those wallets, so everyone can know what you have done in VIA. And, much more importantly, a demonstration, clear, concrete, specific significant, of what you are willing to do for the project. Or not. It's your call. But think what doing things your way have brought to the project in general and to your investment in particular. If that is better than the proposed alternative, by all means, continue your merry ways.

Primitive

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 09:04:22 PM

barabbas, you should spend less time on these forums.

nobody owes you anything.  nobody is going to provide addresses or prove anything to you.  not sure what part of the world you live in, and how things work there.  but in my world, you can accuse me of something, no prob.  but don't then ask me to disprove it until you bring some evidence that there is a problem to begin with.    conspiracy theories are just that - theories. 

you are well on the record - many many times - with your opinions.  so you dont have to constantly restate them over and over (and over) again.

you are no better than anyone else fudding here. 

i want to get along with you, but 95% of what you write is useless.  keep your posts shorter if nothing else.

NEM, LSK, STRAT
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 09:05:18 PM

My gosh, barabbas... better write a book. You will earn a lot more money as it seems you have the time to write at least 150. Grin

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 10:15:11 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2015, 10:32:15 PM by barabbas

barabbas, you should spend less time on these forums.

nobody owes you anything.  nobody is going to provide addresses or prove anything to you.  not sure what part of the world you live in, and how things work there.  but in my world, you can accuse me of something, no prob.  but don't then ask me to disprove it until you bring some evidence that there is a problem to begin with.    conspiracy theories are just that - theories.  

you are well on the record - many many times - with your opinions.  so you dont have to constantly restate them over and over (and over) again.

you are no better than anyone else fudding here.  

i want to get along with you, but 95% of what you write is useless.  keep your posts shorter if nothing else.

Precisely the problem: What you and the rest of the insiders, until now enthusiastically supported by Drak, term any critical opinion, no matter how precise and accurate, "fud". The refuge of the cowardly scum that plagues crypto. You asked for how to prove your assertion. Nothing easier. But you really don't want to do that. Nor anything else but take advantage of the community. As always.

And, by the way, even if only 5% of what I post is not useless, that's a full 5% more than what you post.

Oh and this dumping in progress, guess who's doing the slow unloading...
GooseNL

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 11:40:18 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2015, 09:52:04 PM by GooseNL

VIAindex
Panteracapital has made Bitindex with a list of 7 indicators for its success. Let's think Viaindex and replace Bitcoin for VIA in the text below.

Source: https://panteracapital.com/bitindex/

Quotation:
"Bitcoin’s long-term success is more tied to growth in adoption and to development of applications which encourage both merchants and consumers to want to use bitcoins.

The BitIndex currently incorporates seven data series, weighted according to our opinion of how the data affects Bitcoin’s long-term success.

- Developer interest on GitHub is the most important metric, as it anticipates applications which will make Bitcoin more useful.
- Merchant adoption is a proxy for the ease of spending, which is important for consumer adoption.
Wikipedia views are a measure of how often and how extensively people are becoming educated about Bitcoin. It is very erratic, spiking when Bitcoin is in the news.
- Hashrate is a proxy for security, a primary determinant of a digital currency’s success. Without significant hashing power, a blockchain can be easily attacked or manipulated (witness how many altcoins have succumbed to a 51% attack). A log scale is used because this series has gone up 8,489x since the beginning of 2012.
- Google searches measure Bitcoin’s media presence, captured by the number of times “Bitcoin” appears in the news or is queried by interested parties.
- User adoption as measured by wallets determines the extent and speed of the network effect. Because wallet growth has been so rapid (115x since the beginning of 2012), a larger weighing would overwhelm other metrics while using a log scale would have required an absurdly high weighting.
- Transaction volume is a proxy for Bitcoin network uses. It is underweighted because of the arbitrary nature of some bitcoin flows."
sureman_otter

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 04:05:12 AM

the wallet progressively dumping coins is getting low.. down from 500k to about 23k.. if you search the richlist you can find it, wonder what will happen after that wallet is empty?? maybe up then?  Huh
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: