Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:40:21 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825829 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 09:23:28 AM

barabbas, regarding moderation. You keep harping on like this thread is like North Korea and making it sound like there is hard censorship going on, this is false and you are spreading FUD in doing so.

Moderation was actually requested *by the community*. The moderation is light, in fact very, very occasional - you will see I actually only deleted on post since this recent FUD started, in fact, that's the first post since a long long time that has been deleted. There is plenty negative stuff here that probably should have been removed, but I chose not too. There are clear moderation rules as was agreed by the community many many months ago and those are the rules I stick to. Additionally, while I do not like price talk in the thread, if you want to talk about price go ahead, if people complain it gets too noisy we'll need to revisit it.

Agree on both counts.
canej

Activity: 278
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 09:30:23 AM

barabbas, regarding moderation. You keep harping on like this thread is like North Korea and making it sound like there is hard censorship going on, this is false and you are spreading FUD in doing so.

Moderation was actually requested *by the community*. The moderation is light, in fact very, very occasional - you will see I actually only deleted on post since this recent FUD started, in fact, that's the first post since a long long time that has been deleted. There is plenty negative stuff here that probably should have been removed, but I chose not too. There are clear moderation rules as was agreed by the community many many months ago and those are the rules I stick to. Additionally, while I do not like price talk in the thread, if you want to talk about price go ahead, if people complain it gets too noisy we'll need to revisit it.

I think FUD should be removed though would be good for this bitcointalk to have the ability to see removed posts if you wanted too.

I think reddit is a much better forum to use than bitcointalk. As least there you can vote posts up or down.

Could this forum be closed for comments and just used for updates and refer people to reddit going forward if want to comment participate?
chompyZ

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 09:33:18 AM

Just only moderate clear bullshit and lies...
Who decided what is bullshit and what isn't? what is FUD and what is legit?
Last week barabbas was seen as a troll; now he is an opinion leader...
there is no such thing as 'light censorship'. it's either censored, or uncensored...
If we as a community can not handle trolls, different opinions, fud, bullshit, newbies, etc., then it's not a movement... it's a cult.
I prefer a movement where i can say whatever i feel, realize that the community thinks different, and still feel as equal user in the community.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 09:43:53 AM

Chompyz, read the moderation rules, they are in post #2. They are clear. Anyone who thinks BCT is unmoderated is wrong, moderators are deleting posts all the time, including from the via thread for anything that violates their forum rules. In any case, the community wanted a moderated thread, and that is what we have. Had I been overmoderating you'd all have a case, but the truth is, I think 1 post was deleted in the last 3 months and there are several more that should have, but were not. That vindicates me as far as I am concerned.
derrend

Activity: 707
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 09:54:18 AM

Since there is a lot of buzz at the moment and more community members will be reading the thread than usual, why not create an unmoderated adjacent thread? Perhaps Drak would be so kind as to link to it on the ann page or something?

problem solved Wink
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 09:56:20 AM

Since there is a lot of buzz at the moment and more community members will be reading the thread than usual, why not create an unmoderated adjacent thread? Perhaps Drak would be so kind as to link to it on the ann page or something?

problem solved Wink

This is the official ANN and just like the last time this was attempted, I will not cross post. Trying to dilute discussion is just not helpful, it's already enough trouble to follow one thread.
derrend

Activity: 707
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 09:57:49 AM

This is the official ANN and just like the last time this was attempted, I will not cross post.
Ah yes, now I remember Tongue
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 10:01:36 AM

It never ceases to amaze me how people will get distracted on small details and waste their energy with pointless arguments when they could be spending it doing stuff for the coin they are supposed to believe in.

There are a few people here who have shown they really care to help viacoin. Some are not even participating in discussion, just silently doing stuff. btclena, gnargnar, spartak_t, yogg and all the others. While a few of you argue over petty issues, they have been doing real promotion and contributing positively.
chompyZ

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 10:17:06 AM

Had I been overmoderating you'd all have a case, but the truth is, I think 1 post was deleted in the last 3 months...

Drak, i think i'm misunderstood here.
I do not claim that you moderated badly. On the contrary - I give you a 10/10 grade in moderation. honestly.

My point is that by default, any moderation rules = censorship.

Think of it this way- Just as the NSA and GHCQ claim they do not use or publish our personal content so we have nothing to be concerned about our privacy being breached, the mere fact that WE KNOW that they do sweep through everything we write/communicate makes us communicate differently, self-censor our content, and make it less genuine.
I don't think anyone should even consider if their content complies by the rules, or borderline, or any other self-censoring thought. If anyone has something to say- say it, and we will either read it, ignore it, reply, or ignore the user altogether.
That's part of my belief system, and it has NOTHING to do with you, or with this other rule, or with how superbly you moderated until now.
These are my 2cents, and now that i've posted my thoughts, i'm not going to touch the subject again and remain as before either way.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 11:16:10 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2015, 12:55:01 PM by spartak_t

I see that there is an Indonesian Viacoin thread made by BTCDrak:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=985586.0

Also see some twittermessages appear in the Indonesian language.

Indonesia is a huge market, so good move Drak.

Thanks to spartak_t... Russian is on the way too.

No, thanks to retnods (aka @sigitchow). I just asked him and he did it without asking questions. He is not even VIA holder and he didn't want anything for the translation. Sigit is EXTREMELY good guy! There is an old bulgarian poverb which states "With asking you can reach Constantinople." - i.e. you can reach far.

canej

Activity: 278
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 01:13:16 PM

How many coins did masternode dumped?

As i said before we are not selling coins (because of price).  We have just written off the investment.  

If you have written off the investment? I don't mind taking over the coins.

thanks

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:18:54 PM

No, sorry, this is not false. Nor FUD. I don't do either. This is, exactly like North Korea, regarding (lack of freedom of speech. That you will arbitrarily decide what or what not to censor is hardly the matter here. It will depend strictly on your mood that moment, how "benevolent" you feel or how your boat is rocked. THAT is, precisely, the point. And, I harp about it all the time and will continue "harping" forever. These forums are already moderated -quite arbitrarily and bordering on the ridiculous, I must add- by their owners. It's their platform, they give it (to us) for free, so we either play by their rules or leave. That's quite different to adding yet another, voluntary, layer of censorship to the moderation that already exists.

You try to excuse the "moderation" as being very limited, which is purely circumstantial and avoids completely the more important part of your censorship: The self-imposed censorship that everyone who posts here is subject to by themselves in their effort to "comply with the rules".

Again in an effort to justify the unjustifiable, you pretend these rules, that censorship, were set by the community... NOT TRUE. We all know the community participation in these consultations, not to mention the drawing of "the rules" is less than minimal and therefore subject to manipulation, your manipulation. Why is this even brought to consideration? There's no "problem" with the exercise of total freedom of speech. Everyone can ignore posts or even posters altogether quite easily. Everyone actually already does on a regular basis. Stop calling what it is not and call it like it is: Freaky exercise or arbitrary control. Period.

I could write much more, but "chompy Z", above, have made a very good post about it, so no need to.

Another matter: Repetition: In the exercise in contradiction that you are, you complain about "posts being buried very quickly in this forum", as a negative thing, yet, the following post, you mention -again and again- the "rule of no repetition" as a WARNING. What is it? Should we let posts be buried by new pages of activity and never repeat content? the "rule of no repetition" directly implies that... which you hate! So it all comes down to reality, right? It is your obsession with control behind the whole thing, nothing else: To have the capacity even if, "benevolently" exercise the option "sparingly" (depending on the times and, yes, the price of the coin on the exchanges. Amazing, simply amazing. I guess as long as people don't ask about the ins and outs of the "Zinga brouahaha", their posts are relatively safe?
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:21:14 PM

That Zynga pump was great can we have this again?
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:27:15 PM

Come on guys...drop the drama...

No one cares how big anyone's ePeen is.

Can we start talking about the future of Via instead of pointing fingers at each other?
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:29:28 PM

It never ceases to amaze me how people will get distracted on small details and waste their energy with pointless arguments when they could be spending it doing stuff for the coin they are supposed to believe in.

There are a few people here who have shown they really care to help viacoin. Some are not even participating in discussion, just silently doing stuff. btclena, gnargnar, spartak_t, yogg and all the others. While a few of you argue over petty issues, they have been doing real promotion and contributing positively.

My time for further amazement even: Drak, what you choose to call "distracting small details", in the last three days, has made possible for VIA to gain 60% in value and get to the top of the volume in the exchanges. Months of concentrating  on "doing stuff", took the project to the drain and the verge of death. Perhaps you should reevaluate concepts a bit?

As a matter of fact, please eliminate the question mark and do. Because it remains sorely needed. And evaluate what has been achieved, almost instantly, by just a minimally expressed will of reaching out and really support your supporters and, at the same time, your project. You seem to be obsessed with "results"... how's that 60% and bringing life to a project practically dead, with just a few posts? Remember I GUARANTEED to you such results, only 2 days ago, didn't I? Even though you still fell incredibly short of the still minimum "requirements"... Imagine what would be happening if you would have really gone all the way.

Every bit of help counts. Every bit of actions, helps. But, without LIFE in it, life here, on BTCTalk, and at least a minimally stated strategy path, nothing can be achieved.

I certainly hope that what the markets and the community is showing to you in such period of time can speak more eloquently, and effectively, to you than I could... in spite or corroborated guarantees and straight arrow pointing out of strategies. In the end, I'm afraid, I fear I would have been wasting my time when, inevitably, repeating failures of the past, you will let the momentum fade instead of taking full advantage of the easy success already achieved with no resources whatsoever -nor real change in attitude- on the line.

I did what I could. I don't think I will "harp" on it no more.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:30:51 PM

b, I really cant be bothered trawling for the posts where this was in fact requested and set by community. In any case, I have listened to you and we just have to agree to disagree. I cant help thinking if you spent some of that energy writing to your favorite places about viacoin, maybe it would be energy better spent. I feel at this moment in time, either you can be helpful or a hindrance. The community I am sure would prefer helpful.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:34:19 PM

b, I really cant be bothered trawling for the posts where this was in fact requested and set by community. In any case, I have listened to you and we just have to agree to disagree. I cant help thinking if you spent some of that energy writing to your favorite places about viacoin, maybe it would be energy better spent. I feel at this moment in time, either you can be helpful or a hindrance. The community I am sure would prefer helpful.

I believe I have been helpful enough already. You should know better than anyone for I have channeled my help through you, but since you are even in doubt -no thanks are required, by the way, although they'd be quite appreciated. AND DESERVED-, it could be time for you to cry, again, "FUD".
Ted Unite

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:37:45 PM

Is there anybody capable of making an animation like this one?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIVAluSL9SU

But then zoom in on the specific features that Viacoin has and to what possibilities that can lead for future development and gives a more concrete visual for Blockchain Notery or CLTV, for example.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:40:21 PM

Is there anybody capable of making an animation like this one?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIVAluSL9SU

But then zoom in on the specific features that Viacoin has and to what possibilities that can lead for future development and gives a more concrete visual for Blockchain Notery or CLTV, for example.

Does anyone have the time to make a story board? I think I know people who can do this kind of thing. I say that because I am not that creative for stuff like that.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:43:09 PM

I believe I have been helpful enough already. You should know better than anyone for I have channeled my help through you, but since you are even in doubt -no thanks are required, by the way, although they'd be quite appreciated. AND DESERVED-, it could be time for you to cry, again, "FUD".

Oh I do appreciate you barabbas, but maybe you don't realise how caustic you can come across. You dont sugarcoat anything which is fine, but likewise I need to draw my own boundaries in the sand. but seriously, I'm not making a dig at you - you evidently have a lot of energy and if you can redirect some of it like spartak_t, keldster, btclena and others have been doing over the last few days, it can become a lot more constructive.

Peace.
Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: