Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:03:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825829 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Ashdrake

Activity: 209
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:22:25 PM

Bro i'm @lord_ashdrake on twitter

but i'm just telling you these things, you know... in fewer words than he is.

Let me make a diagram it might help people

1) Drak has an ideea of a stable, secure, fast blockchain technology, with an alternative to Counterparty
2) Drak is a smart guy and doesnt work for free
3) Facing the posibility of working for free and someone hoarding all the hash, Drak does a PRESALE, in which he SELLS you viacoin for BTC
4) Drak continues to work on Viacoin, hires Peter Todd, does some good shit, etc

PRESALE money was never ever gonna be used 100% on Viacoin, he never said that he will if you read his posts carefully. It was not a crowdfund or a fundraiser. Legally, he could have just taken the money from the start and released the coin but then vanished. He continued to work on and develop it.

If you guys cant understand it like that, understand it like this: "He presold you in a piece of technology, the money that he got from that presale is his to do as he pleases. You could say he got paid $300K USD for a part time job for a full year and technically that wouldnt be incorrect. You basically just upfronted the entire cost of VIACOIN development. Some people get a salary, he got a lump sum in the beginning."

just quoting this shit because people might miss it
Primitive

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:24:12 PM

1) Drak has an ideea of a stable, secure, fast blockchain technology, with an alternative to Counterparty
3) Facing the posibility of working for free and someone hoarding all the hash, Drak does a PRESALE, in which he SELLS you viacoin for BTC
4) Drak continues to work on Viacoin, hires Peter Todd, does some good shit, etc

PRESALE money was never ever gonna be used 100% on Viacoin, he never said that he will if you read his posts carefully. It was not a crowdfund or a fundraiser. Legally, he could have just taken the money from the start and released the coin but then vanished. He continued to work on and develop it.

If you guys cant understand it like that, understand it like this: "He presold you in a piece of technology, the money that he got from that presale is his to do as he pleases. You could say he got paid $300K USD for a part time job for a full year and technically that wouldnt be incorrect. You basically just upfronted the entire cost of VIACOIN development. Some people get a salary, he got a lump sum in the beginning."

dont worry, everyone knows Draks.... i mean your...  opinion.

NEM, LSK, STRAT
scambust
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:25:25 PM

The ICO funds are Drak's talent fee. The coin is yours, gentlemen. Do with it as you please. This is not some other shitcoin that devs do everything for you such as marketing, community development, collaboration, PR, etc. Viacoin is above that.  Tongue

CryptoDustin

Activity: 153
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 08:26:28 PM

The ICO funds are Drak's talent fee. The coin is yours, gentlemen. Do with it as you please. This is not some other shitcoin that devs do everything for you such as marketing, community development, collaboration, PR, etc. Viacoin is above that.  Tongue

Wait. Drak's talent or Peter Todd's talent?
Primitive

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:32:43 PM

Drak literally "insta-sold" (maybe time for this new term?)  instamine and insta-exchange into BTC at coin launch.  all for him!  brilliant.

and he calls out other projects as scams.

LMFAO

NEM, LSK, STRAT
Vaxa

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:48:17 PM

I don't want such future to digital currency.

dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:49:03 PM

No one is denying that Drak is a talented guy.

300 grand can go to anyone's head....
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:50:21 PM

I am not Ashdrake. He's someone else, and you look like a fool suggesting it. He's like famous in trading circle for being a bear. Even fryst made a song about him.
Primitive

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:57:55 PM

Drak you are awesome.  Awesome at not answering the question.

But no need to now.  It's implicit that you agree with Ashdrake's description, since you make no attempt to correct it.

The community is genuinely better off now, knowing your position.  Shameful that you have to have someone else state it plainly.

So, the ICO funds are yours to do with as you please.

Sucks for those of us that own VIA.

NEM, LSK, STRAT
jokumat

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:59:09 PM

What a fudfest ... This is both amusing and disgusting.

Primitive and others  

- you bought coins in the presale or later
 - in return you got exactly the tech that was promised and the dev continues to work on this coin.
- but there is little adoption, you feel you had a bad judgement
- so you come here and cry because you want your money back, OK?

I have no doubt drak can use the presale funds as he pleases.  If he does something you don't like you have just one right - to sell your coins. Do it please and go away. Don't pretend you are "the viacoin community" - you are obviously not , don't say "the community has right to know". Simply sell and go away.
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:59:44 PM

I am not Ashdrake. He's someone else, and you look like a fool suggesting it. He's like famous in trading circle for being a bear. Even fryst made a song about him.

Thanks for clarifying that, I though he was a big hairy gay man for a sec.

No one is suggesting that you and he are the same person...

Only that he is persistent in his defense of your actions.
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:00:48 PM

But no need to now.  It's implicit that you agree with Ashdrake's description, since you make no attempt to correct it.

The community is genuinely better off now, knowing your position.  Shameful that you have to have someone else state it plainly.

Drak is pretty damn awesome at avoiding the big question.

Drak...GROW A PAIR WILL YOU? 

Be a man, tell us the truth.  It will set you free.
Thomas-s

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:00:59 PM

Dude you had multiple chances to sell your VIA, not Draks vault that you were so greedy.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:02:20 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2015, 09:30:46 PM by btcdrak

Oh dear god.  You just spent who knows how long trying to blast me, and completely avoided some very simple and important questions.  Drak you basically just did a 600 btc coin grab and rather than attempting to be honest with your community about that you choose instead to spend your time blasting me, making up stories, hoping that somehow this will distract your community from what's really happening.  You do however point out occassional truths in hopes that this will somehow make the rest of your false claims more believable.  (yes I'm on a crypto Foundation, and yes I was a successful poker player).  

You can say I'm vengeful all you want, but if anyone looks back closely at these posts, really ALL i have done is call you out on the 600 btc ICO funds and ask you to let your community know what happened to it and what you plan to do with it moving forward and maybe have some controls in place to ensure it's being used for what it was originally presented which is to advance the coin.  If anyone has started any kind of smear campaign to try and hurt anyone else, it should be very evident from your recent post which one of us that is.

Thank you for demonstrating exactly what I have been talking about.

The fact is I originally explained why I was doing this project, I said I would create a blockchain and build out new features on top with an embedded consensus protocol. I explained what the embedded consensus stuff on top would allow. I explained the various problems I wanted to look into. I explained the issue of bootstrapping a coin fairly, and how I would attempt to solve it.

Viacoin has been a costly project in both in terms of time and money both of which I have clearly been spending because there has been slow steady development. But you want to create a fuss for the reasons I explained in my earlier posts https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699278.msg10884875#msg10884875

You cleverly stepped in a few weeks ago and reframed what was pretty clear about how the project started by casting aspersions about spending - somehow correlating via's price decline with a lack of spending. You got broadsided when I chose to speak up about your conduct while acting as my advisor and you went quiet for some time, but as I said after waiting a couple of weeks you redoubled your effort with your last ditch attempt to pass blame to me again for your bad behaviour.

So while I recapped in my post above you have *again* chosen to ignore everything I complained about with your behaviour and divert attention away with red herrings.

If there had been no development, no releases, no new features, etc etc. you might have cause to complain, but come on. Look at the timeline. Plain as can be seen tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/428388/The-official-Viacoin-timeline/ says development, slow and steady. The priorities are technology and network security.

I sleep quite well at night knowing viacoin was presented in an honest way and launched as fairly as I knew how - shame it didnt work out how I planned because of whale abuse from the get-go.

However I do not sleep well at night knowing that there is very little I can do against someone like you who is harming other participants in the project. You may think you are hurting me, but actually, you are hurting everyone around you and tbh, yourself too. I would take a long hard look at yourself, because you are not appearing very good in this light. You are a wolf wrapped up like little red riding hood and still evading a whole bunch of stuff in my posts. I have acted in good faith the same cannot be said of yourself, by your own admissions.

You're trying to call me a scammer or something, but a scammer would just disappear - think about the litany of coins where devs just vanish after one wave. I'm wasting my time dealing with your FUD.

You cant even answer why you are not interested in anything except destruction and that's why you refused OTC several times when it would have been profitable for you. I get it you are angry. I tried my best to console you and compromise with you but you flew off the handle. Again, I trust by default and assume others will be reasonable. I didnt understand you were using me and there was no way to reconcile.
kelvng105

Activity: 267

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:02:25 PM

That's your opinion, please don't speak for the community, many of us knew this from the beginning.

Bag Holding: BTC, VIA, XCH, SLG, VDO, SYS
BTC: 1MJSbm9r6tKUx3XGNeWyjue8AgCoYFhf6Z 
VIA: VrYnZm1Fk2dk3aSwByoro4kaV5gCcmPwva
VDO: VJzPMoyQ4NEXebn73t1ZGVPCCEtUGJjS8r
Primitive

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:04:09 PM

Dude you had multiple chances to sell your VIA, not Draks vault that you were so greedy.

dude i wasn't interested in selling my VIA and moving on.  i wasn't in it for a quick flip.  dont worry, now i know that i should have been.

i had the wool pulled over my eyes and believed that Drak could make this a top 10 coin.

yes, i was an idiot.

yes, i was wrong for not selling when i should have.

NEM, LSK, STRAT
kelvng105

Activity: 267

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:07:24 PM

dude i wasn't interested in selling my VIA and moving on.  i wasn't in it for a quick flip.  dont worry, now i know that i should have been.

i had the wool pulled over my eyes and believed that Drak could make this a top 10 coin.

yes, i was an idiot.

Dude.. you are just GREEDY!
VIA went 10x after ICO, you had a chance to sell them but you wanted make more money and kept them instead. It was your decision, not Drak's problem.

Bag Holding: BTC, VIA, XCH, SLG, VDO, SYS
BTC: 1MJSbm9r6tKUx3XGNeWyjue8AgCoYFhf6Z 
VIA: VrYnZm1Fk2dk3aSwByoro4kaV5gCcmPwva
VDO: VJzPMoyQ4NEXebn73t1ZGVPCCEtUGJjS8r
jokumat

Activity: 249

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:14:12 PM

yes, i was an idiot.

You can do the right thing now. Sell
weedo84

Activity: 145

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:16:13 PM

This guy up here explained it.   If some of you dont understand this, it's your issue-  and if you're the same 2 ppl that keep spamming same questions I would rather ppl vote you out of this thread.

Personally, I've put all my BTC in Viacoin- but I know it was a pre-sale and I dont expect a rabbit out of a hat and answers all of a sudden just because the price went below pre-sale.. It was on me and I knew what I was getting into.   I also believe this is a chance to double down.

TrackCoin

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:16:31 PM

When we getting this interesting digital currency.... ?Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: