Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:10:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 [250] 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825828 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
birdcat90

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 05:02:54 AM

we need to revive this coin..because im following this coin from the start..

the price is defleted and need more innovation..via coin is a good coin but need more community

<a href="http://www.freebiebitcoin.com">Earn free bitcoin</a>

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
django_92

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 11:39:09 AM

Changing the block reward make sense because mining rewards are the incentive to mine. Viacoin changed to merged mining, now it doesnt need to compete for miners. There is plenty precedent for this, including DOGE. I would be quite happy to submit a patch if it will get some serious attention.
muuyu

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 12:04:37 PM

hola!!  Grin Grin as irc and reddit seems to not have this debate & this supply change is important considersation i finally registered for here.....im a small stack holder but +1 for a change! do not care though to what is it changed, developer know what works. viacoin needs volume back.....  Huh Cry Undecided
CryptoTrout

Activity: 706

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 09:48:53 AM

Changing the supply wont fix the price and that is a stupid reason to make a change.  If you want the price to go up, people need to use the network.  Marketing for clearinghouse may be a better approach. 
muuyu

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:25:48 PM

Changing the supply wont fix the price and that is a stupid reason to make a change.  If you want the price to go up, people need to use the network.  Marketing for clearinghouse may be a better approach. 

not getting it:

do ppl still believe in organic growth farytale in 2015?!? its so all about market action & vol, marketing and development features is just story-board.....except: huge company adapts altcoin then fomo, but chance is like 0.1%....

supply change has good chance of bringing vol + making viacoin more interesting for whales play. no whales=no movement.

I would be quite happy to submit a patch if it will get some serious attention.

+1000
CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 09:01:42 PM

Changing the supply wont fix the price and that is a stupid reason to make a change.  If you want the price to go up, people need to use the network.  Marketing for clearinghouse may be a better approach.  

not getting it:

do ppl still believe in organic growth farytale in 2015?!? its so all about market action & vol, marketing and development features is just story-board.....except: huge company adapts altcoin then fomo, but chance is like 0.1%....

supply change has good chance of bringing vol + making viacoin more interesting for whales play. no whales=no movement.

+1000

Is your head broken?  Maybe the community is dead because the only people left other than drak just want to exit pump it.  Changing the long term supply is nothing but short term hype material, it will just crash and burn again shortly after.  

Whales didn't leave because they thought the supply was too high, they left because no one is using the network and the hype died.  
django_92

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 10:32:36 PM

I have submitted a pull request.
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 11:10:22 PM

Changing the supply wont fix the price and that is a stupid reason to make a change.  If you want the price to go up, people need to use the network.  Marketing for clearinghouse may be a better approach.  

not getting it:

+1000

Is your head broken?  Maybe the community is dead because the only people left other than drak just want to exit pump it.  Changing the long term supply is nothing but short term hype material, it will just crash and burn again shortly after.  

Whales didn't leave because they thought the supply was too high, they left because no one is using the network and the hype died.  

That's the most sensible comment that I read in this thread for a while. The "because no one is using the network and the hype died" part summarizes the main issue with Viacoin and generally with crypto.

bitcreditscc

Merit: 501

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 03:26:15 AM

not getting it:

+1000

That's the most sensible comment that I read in this thread for a while. The "because no one is using the network and the hype died" part summarizes the main issue with Viacoin and generally with crypto.

To all altcoins that hope to have a future:- cooperate or die. Unique features don't cut it anymore , nice graphics either  Cheesy

Find two or more good devs , let them build a bridge between their coins , let the community market the idea and voila, adoption!! Adoption == volume == utility == cloud 9.

altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 03:36:52 AM

not getting it:

+1000

To all altcoins that hope to have a future:- cooperate or die. Unique features don't cut it anymore , nice graphics either  Cheesy

Find two or more good devs , let them build a bridge between their coins , let the community market the idea and voila, adoption!! Adoption == volume == utility == cloud 9.

Yes, that sounds absolutely right and a good plan. When should we start that and how? :-))))

CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 05:01:14 AM

I posted this in the XCH thread but it is relevant here too:

http://bravenewcoin.com/news/spells-of-genesis-raises-over-240-bitcoin-in-2-hours/
http://www.spellsofgenesis.com/users/token_system
http://bitcrystals.github.io/

“By putting digital game assets directly on the Bitcoin blockchain, Spells of Genesis has initiated a new megatrend. Everyone will be doing this soon.” 
- Eric Voorhees CEO ShapeShift.io

If we get projects like this to use clearinghouse then Viacoin will have a purpose.  We won't need to compete for hype material with the newest shitcoins for whales to be interested.

bitcreditscc

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:37:53 AM

not getting it:

+1000

To all altcoins that hope to have a future:- cooperate or die. Unique features don't cut it anymore , nice graphics either  Cheesy

Yes, that sounds absolutely right and a good plan. When should we start that and how? :-))))

Well, i have already started on my side in the hopes of creating a proof of concept, i have opened up the filters on my base client to recognize other blockchains, and am now studying to figure a way that blockchains can communicate. I'm not a very talented dev, but with time i'll get there. Also looking into adding colored coins into the base client.

One of the biggest steps we are taking form traditional mining/minting is the removal of useless competitive mining. The vast majority of coins are being mined at a loss, and as though that's not enough, there is not enough buy support to justified these "market caps". So we are introducing a bidding based system that actually backs the currency's value rather that pouring money into Amazon and AMD's coffers.

Just to put some perspective....imagine if all the billions spent on graphics cards ASICs and amazon instances had been invested directly into backing a coin... we estimated a BTC would have had a tentative value upwards of $5000.

Would be great if Viacoin and BCR worked together to realize some amazing advances.

bitcreditscc

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:38:47 AM

I posted this in the XCH thread but it is relevant here too:

http://bravenewcoin.com/news/spells-of-genesis-raises-over-240-bitcoin-in-2-hours/
http://www.spellsofgenesis.com/users/token_system
http://bitcrystals.github.io/

“By putting digital game assets directly on the Bitcoin blockchain, Spells of Genesis has initiated a new megatrend. Everyone will be doing this soon.” 
- Eric Voorhees CEO ShapeShift.io

If we get projects like this to use clearinghouse then Viacoin will have a purpose.  We won't need to compete for hype material with the newest shitcoins for whales to be interested.

Very smart!!!

btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:43:31 AM

I installed the Android wallet to send a few VIA to and it can't pick up any peers. I notice a "Trusted Peer" setting. What can I fill in so that I can get the wallet working? It's version 4.12 downloaded from Google Play.

Also when I open it from the My Apps section of Google Play it says a new version is available. When I click on "Play" it takes me to the version I already have. When I click "Download" it takes me to a 404 page under user Schildbach.

I am afraid the developer of that mobile wallet vanished and never upgraded it for the merged mining hard fork.

If the mobile wallet is known not to be working, could the links to it be removed from viacoin.org etc...

Drak will you develop new android wallet for merge mining?

https://github.com/esotericizm/viacoin-wallet

That's the source. Thankfully it's available.

I'm too poor to buy a lot of VIA right now, but I'd try to get it working for a reasonable bounty in VIA.

I think it would add some luster back to the VIA brand. I've spent a lot of time checking out VIA and it looks to be the real deal. But IMHO it needs a tune up, no offense to the devs. This really should be a top 20-30 coin. There isn't any reason why it shouldn't be except for some of these frayed ends.

Marcus, have you got the mobile wallet working?

I removed the links. The developer has stopped responding to PMs. I haven't gone chasing him in public although he is still active on the BCT forums. I suspect he's just embarrassed to reply.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:47:20 AM

Well, i have already started on my side in the hopes of creating a proof of concept, i have opened up the filters on my base client to recognize other blockchains, and am now studying to figure a way that blockchains can communicate. I'm not a very talented dev, but with time i'll get there. Also looking into adding colored coins into the base client.

One of the biggest steps we are taking form traditional mining/minting is the removal of useless competitive mining. The vast majority of coins are being mined at a loss, and as though that's not enough, there is not enough buy support to justified these "market caps". So we are introducing a bidding based system that actually backs the currency's value rather that pouring money into Amazon and AMD's coffers.

Just to put some perspective....imagine if all the billions spent on graphics cards ASICs and amazon instances had been invested directly into backing a coin... we estimated a BTC would have had a tentative value upwards of $5000.

Being merged mined I dont think we have a problem with competitive mining anymore and we have pretty decent security as a result, way more than most alts.

Would be great if Viacoin and BCR worked together to realize some amazing advances.

would be great.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:48:27 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2015, 07:58:34 AM by btcdrak

I have submitted a pull request.

I will review the technical merits of your pull request, but I wont make a decision on merging it. If people want it, they should comment with ACK in the pull request (or NACK) accompanied with a reason. It's at https://github.com/viacoin/viacoin/pull/35
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 09:36:57 AM

I removed the links. The developer has stopped responding to PMs. I haven't gone chasing him in public although he is still active on the BCT forums. I suspect he's just embarrassed to reply.

ok, mobile wallet link on the first page of this thread, will you be removing that also?

I know, this isn't the place but on the same subject (broken links) counterwallet's link to clearinghouse! and there's not been a reply to the question of a working block explorer for clearinghouse. I did  post something over there re: the resource link for http://xch.blockscan.com   error page not found ! Is there no block explorer ?

I think this one works https://chainz.cryptoid.info/via/.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 10:40:42 AM

Every altcoin needs marketing and adoption to survive... not tech gimmicks. Reducing VIA's supply is probably a good idea, but it is not really what the coin needs at the moment (or in the future).

birdcat90

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 03:46:18 PM

Every altcoin needs marketing and adoption to survive... not tech gimmicks. Reducing VIA's supply is probably a good idea, but it is not really what the coin needs at the moment (or in the future).

Thats right, the coin will not survive only from reducing the supply. This coin also need marketing and adoption from crypto user. More features or development, more known and better survival for this coin..

reducing the supply only work on short time...am i wrong?

<a href="http://www.freebiebitcoin.com">Earn free bitcoin</a>
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 07:17:34 PM

Usually changing supply params leads to dead coins
Pages: « 1 ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 [250] 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: