Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:29:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: mining.BitcoinAffiliatenetwork.com-0% PPS + 1 Hour (or higher) Payout Interval  (Read 83115 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
s0br (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 12:25:01 AM

Has anyone else noticed s0br renting like every rig available on all the rental sites? Just kind of curious about this. I mean I've rented to test new pools but if you look out there, he's got rentals on BetaRigs, LeaseRig, MiningRigRentals... Is there a reason the pool op needs to rent every spare piece of power available?

I too am grateful for this pool and for being an S3 winner, but this seems really odd to me.

Testing new code (ideas) that bring considerable efficiency to solving blocks from the pool's side... Need a lot of hashing to test various things... The risk is there... no doubt... but if it works out the monetary rewards are considerably larger than the cost of the bonuses and giveaways... I could be wrong, and I've been wrong plenty, but also have a wake of a of successes where I wasn't wrong.

Risky? I eat risk for breakfast. Just be happy to be a part of something really great.. that myself and a few of my friends/associates have decided to put in many extra hours and cash (that we could have instead just used for additional mining hardware for ourselves or build outs), and saw opportunity in being able to contribute to a community behind a vision (Bitcoin) that we're insanely passionate about...

Sure things are fishy... it's odd... it's outrageous... but so is all this crypto currency stuff...

... never enjoyed the limited selection of pools (which are an absolute necessary to be a part of unless you're sitting on 5-10 million dollars) ... so we thought we'd do something about it ... for ourselves out of necessity/survival... and for everyone else... we took a risk into sharing work from our laborious days, nights, and weekends... that it would trigger an unforeseen path of even greater things than we've ever envisioned by contributing to other people like us. So far... seems like we were right.

Something that began as a simple thought of being a free service.. it's delayed our main mission because it's shown a light on many things.. and quite simply... how important that it is that it needs to exist and flourish.

It's going to be a tough and challenging road. We're working with many exciting individuals and organizations... can't say I've ever experienced this in my own life... and one thing's most certain... there's a lot of room for everyone to participate...

PPS (Pay Per Share) Bitcoin Mining Pool
0% Fees + 1% Bonus + Merged Mining (NMC - Namecoin) +Hourly Payouts
https://mining.bitcoinaffiliatenetwork.com
ThePhwner

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:32:01 AM

Has anyone else noticed s0br renting like every rig available on all the rental sites? Just kind of curious about this. I mean I've rented to test new pools but if you look out there, he's got rentals on BetaRigs, LeaseRig, MiningRigRentals... Is there a reason the pool op needs to rent every spare piece of power available?

I too am grateful for this pool and for being an S3 winner, but this seems really odd to me.

Testing new code (ideas) that bring considerable efficiency to solving blocks from the pool's side... Need a lot of hashing to test various things... The risk is there... no doubt... but if it works out the monetary rewards are considerably larger than the cost of the bonuses and giveaways... I could be wrong, and I've been wrong plenty, but also have a wake of a of successes where I wasn't wrong.

Risky? I eat risk for breakfast. Just be happy to be a part of something really great.. that myself and a few of my friends/associates have decided to put in many extra hours and cash (that we could have instead just used for additional mining hardware for ourselves or build outs), and saw opportunity in being able to contribute to a community behind a vision (Bitcoin) that we're insanely passionate about...

Sure things are fishy... it's odd... it's outrageous... but so is all this crypto currency stuff...

... never enjoyed the limited selection of pools (which are an absolute necessary to be a part of unless you're sitting on 5-10 million dollars) ... so we thought we'd do something about it ... for ourselves out of necessity/survival... and for everyone else... we took a risk into sharing work from our laborious days, nights, and weekends... that it would trigger an unforeseen path of even greater things than we've ever envisioned by contributing to other people like us. So far... seems like we were right.

Something that began as a simple thought of being a free service.. it's delayed our main mission because it's shown a light on many things.. and quite simply... how important that it is that it needs to exist and flourish.

It's going to be a tough and challenging road. We're working with many exciting individuals and organizations... can't say I've ever experienced this in my own life... and one thing's most certain... there's a lot of room for everyone to participate...

Thanks for the insight and the explanation. As you can see my power is still there and will be for the foreseeable future. As I noted, with your name on all the rentals you're not trying to hide anything, and yeah, this is one hell of an experiment... and I'm happy to be a part. Thanks again for weighing in. You've still got my support.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 12:34:49 AM

Keep up the good work! as an aspiring crypto business owner myself I am very excited and motivated by all the hard work you and other teams have been putting into projects like this.

Thank you for keeping a clean, honest pool that has quick become my favorite!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
sjc1490

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:49:11 AM

Someone mentioned your site in a thread and after reading a little what people had to say I moved my 5+ TH over from a site I have been mining on since March this year. I agree something new and inventive is needed to shake things up a little as good pool choices are few unless you want to p2p or solo mine. Keep up the good work looking forward to see what the future holds here.

BTC ADDRESS: 12Qwd8VKLQ4xF44ytHXBpCAKuF9VknG4X2
leotheminer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 02:43:03 AM

I eat risk for breakfast.

Fortune favors the bold. I've moved all my BTC mining to your pool.
roncutt

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:08:23 AM

Hi s0br!
As soon as you get a minute, I'd appreciate if you could post the updated pps unit-value at the dashboard.
Up until very recently I was using 0.00000000126700000 for my calcs and it worked fine, but since a while it seems like overestimating the expected credit per submitted shares.
In other words: If I use that value in my calcs the results are higher than in reality, whereas up until very recently they have mostly coincided.

(or maybe the formula has changed?)

Second question:
About Contributor Shares at the stats page. I don't think I clearly understand how to read it and I would appreciate if someone could explain it for clarity sake. I didn't pay much attention to that, but it turns out to be useful from a pps perspective.

I've assumed that field shows cumulative shares submitted per pps-payment-round, but if it where so it should get to zero (or subtract from the current pending shares) after a payout is credited. However it keeps accumulating and it's not clear to me at which moment it starts adding up/stops.
So, I've stopped mining to make it reset to zero. That worked, but only after a while showing an amount bigger than I was credited for.
Upon restarting mining I was able to compare current submitted shares with actual payout using the aforementioned formula, but just on the first "payment-round" so to speak.
The problem is that after a couple hours it's kind of a pain to track the actual pending shares from the info in that field.

Ref. S3 giveaway, the quote for today is: "I am not a lucky guy." Haha!

Thanks a lot.
(btw I'm not mining right now, but for weekend reasons –I'm taking some time off out of town)

yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:12:02 AM

Payouts became smaller? Well maybe just me. Last night about 12 hrs ago payouts were better than now. Will continue to monitor.
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:51:56 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2014, 09:15:06 AM by aurel57

Payouts became smaller? Well maybe just me. Last night about 12 hrs ago payouts were better than now. Will continue to monitor.
no my payouts  also have taken a large drop from yesterday. As roncutt asked I have also been trying to figure out if the PPS value has changed? Maybe the PPS value erodes down as it get closer to the next difficulty change? Wondering how accurate the dashboard is on the payout that is shown then?
roncutt

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:16:26 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2014, 10:45:14 AM by roncutt

no my payouts  also have taken a large drop from yesterday. As roncutt asked I have also been trying to figure out if the PPS value has changed? Maybe the PPS value erodes down as it get closer to the next difficulty change? Wondering how accurate the dashboard is on the payout that is shown is then?

The Unpaid Shares field at the dashboard keeps going down as submitted shares increase, but there is no corresponding payout for that difference at My Account:Transactions->Credit.
If no credit is shown, the unpaid shares should keep growing up until a payout is made.

Please correct me if I'm wrong: I think it has to do with the fact that the backend is still calculating based on a pplns system instead of pps, and the pool has now an expected block finding time of around 13 hr as per its increased hashrate (have a look at the pool's stats page). When the pool crosses over that time expectation limit, the amount of shares being paid starts to go downwards.

I'm telling this just to point out where the problem could be, although we're just looking at the surface of the calculations.

I agree there has been a decline in the amount of btc per same hashrate.
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:35:13 AM

no my payouts  also have taken a large drop from yesterday. As roncutt asked I have also been trying to figure out if the PPS value has changed? Maybe the PPS value erodes down as it get closer to the next difficulty change? Wondering how accurate the dashboard is on the payout that is shown is then?

The Unpaid Shares field at the dashboard keeps going down as submitted shares increase, but there is no corresponding payout for that difference at My Account:Credit.
If no credit is shown, the unpaid shares should keep growing up until a payout is made.
I'm telling this just to point out where the problem could be, although we're just looking at the surface of the calculations.
Thats interesting as I guess I have not watched it close enough to notice that.
roncutt

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:37:47 AM

Aurel, please notice I've just updated my post.  Smiley
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:51:39 AM

That makes sense but the pool found a block (#316177) about 6 1/2 hours ago so it seems our payout after that should have went back to normal instead of dropping if what your thinking is true?
roncutt

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:57:30 AM

That makes sense but the pool found a block (#316177) about 6 1/2 hours ago so it seems our payout after that should have went back to normal instead of dropping if what your thinking is true?

Yeah, you're right. Probably it's not in connection with blockfinding then. I'm a bit guessing here.
I'm not mining right now, the unpaid shares did go down and then up without apparent connection with shares being credited though.
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:10:08 AM

Hi All,

I want you all to know that I am grateful for having won these two AntMiner S3s. s0br is a very generous person, but even without the prizes, I'd still be here on this pool.

That being said, I hope that I win the other thirteen AntMiners being given away, but I'm not holding my breath.  Cheesy Haha!!!
Well I hope you choke on them miners!! LOL JK... Congrats on winning 2!!  Very cool and maybe your hash rate will level out some now!

Well, I'm not holding my breath for that either.  Shocked Haha!!!
After some consideration I truly believe there was a mistake on your second miner. With just a few wrong keystrokes I think he meant to type Aurel57 and not specialed101 anyone can see the obvious mistake.  Grin
ThePhwner

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:44:18 PM

If the payouts are PPS and the PPS value hasn't changed why are everyone's payouts going down? The advantage of a PPS pool should be steady hash = steady pay. If PPS is capped by blocks found, then the system is SMPPS like Polmine uses and not PPS. Some clarification is warranted here.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
networkgeek24

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:51:37 PM

Just to echo what has been said here, my payouts have gone down dramatically as well. Not what I expected from a PPS pool.

Bitrated user: networkgeek24.
ThePhwner

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:57:52 PM

Looks like no payouts for 5 hours now.

aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 01:03:49 PM

I would say that means things are being worked on then.

I am more worried about the large drop in BTC and just how low it will go?
roncutt

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 01:08:44 PM

If the payouts are PPS and the PPS value hasn't changed why are everyone's payouts going down? The advantage of a PPS pool should be steady hash = steady pay. If PPS is capped by blocks found, then the system is SMPPS like Polmine uses and not PPS. Some clarification is warranted here.

Eeeeexactly, mate! I totally agree with you.
I'm certain some sort of explanation/fix is on its way.
ThePhwner

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 01:12:44 PM

I would say that means things are being worked on then.

I am more worried about the large drop in BTC and just how low it will go?

You know s0br and his colleagues have some good ideas but the execution has been problematic. I am looking simply now at the facts of how this experiment has unfolded. There are a lot of assumptions that things are being worked on and the right thing is being done and we should just be patient and wait. Well, after round #5 of payout issues, along with all the other questions, I for one am less inclined to just sit back and wait and assume things are being fixed. Maybe s0br is overextended. I for one would value steady, accurate payouts over free S3s or anything else.

Sorry I'm not as trusting as you at this point. There's a lot here that seems quite off and I'm not just going to assume its fine and being fixed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: