Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:14:13 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 262 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions!  (Read 380970 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rapture333

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 11:52:10 PM

Hello everyone,

There is currently an issue with the wallet that may cause the wallet so terminate randomly, Kracko believes he knows why and is currently trying to isolate the problem and release a fix.

As for developments, I was just looking at the UTC game plan for 2015:

1. Android & iPhone - QR Codes - Lite Wallet - GUI
2. Merchant Services Pluigin
3. One Click Miner
4. NFC Wallet
5. Bitcoin/Ultracoin ATM
6. New Ultracoin Website
7. Hire Developer and Marketers
8. Ultracoin Shop

Now that the new wallet is out, the one click miner shouldn't be too difficult, especially considering we are glued to our current N-Factor. As for the Bitcoin/Ultracoin ATM and NFC Wallet, that will come with more time and money when we have greater investor support. As for the merchant services plugin, third parties seem to be tackling this issue fairly well, the best thing to do is to get more third party support like we have with companies such as coinpayments. Until then, here is our line up for development projects in order of priority:

1. One Click Miner
2. Ultracoin Shop
3. Android & iPhone - QR Codes - Lite Wallet - GUI
4. Hire Developer and Marketers (Currently accepting volunteers)

The one click miner shouldn't be too hard, and should open us up to a many GPU miners who lack experience in crypto-currency. The project was undertaken by a freelance developer a while ago, however, he was never able to bring the project to fruition. Kracko believes he should be able to iron this out fairly quickly. The Ultracoin shop will be undertaken by me and will feature Ultracoin memorabilia including t-shirts, stickers, etc. The next step is the Android & iPhone wallets, this is a big step and something we have put on the back burner, we currently have a working version of an Android wallet, however, the CPU usage is so demanding it is impractical for regular users and will drain battery life just updating the blockchain. We have been looking into lite wallet systems, whereby the user only downloads the blocks necessary to validate transactions that make up the users Ultracoin, thereby eliminating the need to download a substantial amount of the blockchain. This will be our next important step. Lastly, hiring more developers and marketers has always been a goal for our expansion, but the capital required in a non-profit project like this requires a lot of private funds, and we are currently accepting volunteers, but we still have our eyes on potential developers and freelancers who are want to become a part of the team at a reasonable quality to price ratio for their time.

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
Steven@Ultracoin.net
Ultracoin

usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 07:33:24 PM

Can anybody from team resolve problem with Cryptsy wallet?
It has flag "network issue" for second week.
Can't withdraw UTC coins from cryptsy and do not want to leave satoshi on that scam exchange.

Ditto...

This is a serious issue that needs to be addressed - I warned the community about this several times recently.

here is one:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=727023.msg12844086#msg12844086

Situation has got worse since then.  Cryptsy is in total disarray at present.  There is no progress with wallets in maintenance due to whatever issue for several months now. Some BTC withdrawals stuck on pending for weeks - some delayed 3-4 days. Tier level is not necessarily important - the coin used for the withdrawal is important.

At last count Cryptsy had over 70 wallets "in maintenance".  I have had DEM trapped for about 7 months now (written off) - Support and Mullick have given up replying to anyone on wallets. Apart from "apologies for the inconvenience"

Some expect a bank run or just shutdown of Cryptsy shortly - BitJohn has quit.  If you are interested - go through the full thread. A lot is bullshit but many of the issues are real and Cryptsy is very HIGH RISK. I did not really believe it at first because I had had no issues with withdrawals - I now suspect that where there is smoke there is fire.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1173703.msg12984497#msg12984497

The chances of anybody getting the UTC wallet back online on Cryptsy are minimal. Steven - prove me wrong hopefully. I could not resist buying a few cheap ones even after my own advice.

I think Steven has an almost impossible task here so don't hold your breath.

Now this at Cryptsy

Cryptsy

Important System Notification

Due to a server failure, all wallets are offline. We will have wallets back online quickly as possible

--

--
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 08:07:01 PM

Can't withdraw UTC coins from cryptsy and do not want to leave satoshi on that scam exchange.

Ditto...

This is a serious issue that needs to be addressed - I warned the community about this several times recently.

here is one:

Situation has got worse since then.  Cryptsy is in total disarray at present.  There is no progress with wallets in maintenance due to whatever issue for several months now. Some BTC withdrawals stuck on pending for weeks - some delayed 3-4 days. Tier level is not necessarily important - the coin used for the withdrawal is important.

At last count Cryptsy had over 70 wallets "in maintenance".  I have had DEM trapped for about 7 months now (written off) - Support and Mullick have given up replying to anyone on wallets. Apart from "apologies for the inconvenience"

Some expect a bank run or just shutdown of Cryptsy shortly - BitJohn has quit.  If you are interested - go through the full thread. A lot is bullshit but many of the issues are real and Cryptsy is very HIGH RISK. I did not really believe it at first because I had had no issues with withdrawals - I now suspect that where there is smoke there is fire.

The chances of anybody getting the UTC wallet back online on Cryptsy are minimal. Steven - prove me wrong hopefully. I could not resist buying a few cheap ones even after my own advice.

Now this at Cryptsy

Cryptsy

Due to a server failure, all wallets are offline. We will have wallets back online quickly as possible

I think I hear a Fat Lady singing...  Sad
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 04:00:43 AM

Hello everyone,

There is currently an issue with the wallet that may cause the wallet so terminate randomly, Kracko believes he knows why and is currently trying to isolate the problem and release a fix.

As for developments, I was just looking at the UTC game plan for 2015:

1. Android & iPhone - QR Codes - Lite Wallet - GUI
2. Merchant Services Pluigin
3. One Click Miner
4. NFC Wallet
5. Bitcoin/Ultracoin ATM
6. New Ultracoin Website
7. Hire Developer and Marketers
8. Ultracoin Shop

Now that the new wallet is out, the one click miner shouldn't be too difficult, especially considering we are glued to our current N-Factor. As for the Bitcoin/Ultracoin ATM and NFC Wallet, that will come with more time and money when we have greater investor support. As for the merchant services plugin, third parties seem to be tackling this issue fairly well, the best thing to do is to get more third party support like we have with companies such as coinpayments. Until then, here is our line up for development projects in order of priority:

1. One Click Miner
2. Ultracoin Shop
3. Android & iPhone - QR Codes - Lite Wallet - GUI
4. Hire Developer and Marketers (Currently accepting volunteers)

The one click miner shouldn't be too hard, and should open us up to a many GPU miners who lack experience in crypto-currency. The project was undertaken by a freelance developer a while ago, however, he was never able to bring the project to fruition. Kracko believes he should be able to iron this out fairly quickly. The Ultracoin shop will be undertaken by me and will feature Ultracoin memorabilia including t-shirts, stickers, etc. The next step is the Android & iPhone wallets, this is a big step and something we have put on the back burner, we currently have a working version of an Android wallet, however, the CPU usage is so demanding it is impractical for regular users and will drain battery life just updating the blockchain. We have been looking into lite wallet systems, whereby the user only downloads the blocks necessary to validate transactions that make up the users Ultracoin, thereby eliminating the need to download a substantial amount of the blockchain. This will be our next important step. Lastly, hiring more developers and marketers has always been a goal for our expansion, but the capital required in a non-profit project like this requires a lot of private funds, and we are currently accepting volunteers, but we still have our eyes on potential developers and freelancers who are want to become a part of the team at a reasonable quality to price ratio for their time.

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
Steven@Ultracoin.net
Ultracoin

Thanks for the update Steven

I'm keen to try the "one-click" miner

Never been able to mine UTC despite 3 attempts over a couple of years now.

Cheers - usukan

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 01:51:32 AM

Ditto...

here is one:

Now this at Cryptsy

Cryptsy

I think I hear a Fat Lady singing...  Sad

Yeah - its a long song but I can still hear her for sure.  Lots of issues again yesterday with DDos reported and offline twice - then buy/sell orders missing off some coins.

I have been with Cryptsy for a couple of years and never had any problems - even supported them when folk called them Craptsy.

I would not go back there now for any new trades - and I hope I can get my coins off (more than just UTC) that got stuck in wallet maintenance.

I guess Bittrex is the next best place to go to trade UTC?  Anywhere else?

--

--
IMweasel

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 08:10:47 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2015, 11:41:00 PM by IMweasel

Ditto...

Very grateful for this! Even when i was a little too late to get the funds off before the hard fork, the wallet was still online and my transfer arrived home safely. Ty!
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 07:56:20 AM

Ditto...

Very grateful for this! Even when i was a little too late to get the funds off before the hard fork, the wallet was still online and my transfer arrived home safely. Ty!

Good one - glad it saved you.

Dont forget - on any exchange - get in, trade, get out. I forget my own advice sometimes - but its the golden rule.

--

--
bolt1909

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 10:38:00 AM

Why new (UltraCoinQT_win32_v7.4.1-9) wallet sync is so long (more than 48h) and when i restart wallet "rescanning" stay forever (2h and still rescanning)?
Matteo86x

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 11:16:52 AM

Hi all

I've got a problem with the UTC win64bit wallet. It's not able to synch properly; I've sent 5k coins from Bittrex to the wallet but they never arrived, because of the wallet it's not capable of synching.

Have you experienced something like? Any idea how to fix it?

link to the image: http://www.xtremeshack.com/photos/20151128144870934136115.jpg

Another question, is it simple to enable the staking with the wallet? Need I just to enable the check in the main window, right after I deposit the coins?

PS: cryptsy too is having issues with the UTC wallet, like us.. devs, would you please give use some informations about this issues?

Thank you in advance
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 10:54:39 PM

Why new (UltraCoinQT_win32_v7.4.1-9) wallet sync is so long (more than 48h) and when i restart wallet "rescanning" stay forever (2h and still rescanning)?

Yes it does take a long time to resync the whole blockchain - took me 3 days.

The first time I tried to restart also it did take a long time to rescan - but only 15-20 mins (not 2 hrs).

Suggest you shut down and restart your computer - somethings not right there.

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 11:37:14 PM

Hi all

I've got a problem with the UTC win64bit wallet. It's not able to synch properly; I've sent 5k coins from Bittrex to the wallet but they never arrived, because of the wallet it's not capable of synching.

Have you experienced something like? Any idea how to fix it?

link to the image: http://www.xtremeshack.com/photos/20151128144870934136115.jpg

Another question, is it simple to enable the staking with the wallet? Need I just to enable the check in the main window, right after I deposit the coins?

PS: cryptsy too is having issues with the UTC wallet, like us.. devs, would you please give use some informations about this issues?

Thank you in advance

Just tested a couple of wallets out - and yes they sync OK - not fast but they do sync fine. Wallet freezes a few times during sync while processing chunks - but it always seems to recover and continue sync. Synced about 14 days of blocks in about 30 mins.  They are also staking just fine.

Its quite possible you were trying to sync during a very low diff phase of mining - when this occurs the syncing cannot really keep up with block generation - but it comes right when the diff goes up again (a few hours) and you get sync.

only advice would be to shut down the wallet, restart your computer and start the wallet again.

Staking is easy - yes just enable via the check box - enter your wallet password (if you have one - which you should) - and it will start staking.  Coins will need some age before you have any staking weight - so you would need to wait 2-4 weeks to get this staking weight.  Just leave them in the wallet and shut down the wallet - come back and try in 2-4 weeks.

As for Cryptsy - please read some of my posts from a few days/weeks back.  Cryptsy has issues with everything at present.  I have had DEM stuck for 7 months or more.  Over 70 wallets in maintenance or network issues - withdrawals of many coins stuck - some expect Cryptsy to fold for good soon. Many of the key staff have left Cryptsy.  Some are taking legal action against Cryptsy. To be honest I don't think there is much that the devs can do to get the UTC wallet going on Cryptsy.  I have sadly written off all coin (UTC and others) that I have stuck there - it will be a pleasant surprise if they are ever freed.

Steven and Kracko may have better answers

--

--
bolt1909

Activity: 65

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 10:32:19 AM

The first time I tried to restart also it did take a long time to rescan - but only 15-20 mins (not 2 hrs).

Restart PC didn't resolve issue but.... I delete wallet.dat and then start wallet again and after ~15min sync started...I'll try to input my "real" wallet.dat after sync is done. Hope it will be Ok...
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:12:46 AM

Restart PC didn't resolve issue but.... I delete wallet.dat and then start wallet again and after ~15min sync started...I'll try to input my "real" wallet.dat after sync is done. Hope it will be Ok...

If that dont work. Delete everything (program and Ultracoin roaming data) and do a clean install of new wallet. Then input your real wallet.  That fixed me a while back - many wallets ago. as long as you have your wallet.dat saved elsewhere you wont lose anything.

--

--
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 01:29:27 PM

I'm sorry, but this is the worst wallet I ever dealt with. It's so unbelievably slow to start and to sync and now that it's synced, it sometimes randomly start to use all CPU cores for hours even though it's completely synced and it's not mining. The wallet itself barely responds to any clicks, RPC commands time out frequently and it does this even with maxconnections=1 so it's not a syncing/peer issue.

Not your keys, not your coins!
BerserkU

Activity: 86

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 06:17:44 PM

I have installed a fresh wallet a few days ago and I have tried to sync but it is 17 days out of date???
I got the latest wallet from the website also. it never syncs it just continues to add blokes and increase time

What is going on??

I'm sorry, but this is the worst wallet I ever dealt with. It's so unbelievably slow to start and to sync and now that it's synced, it sometimes randomly start to use all CPU cores for hours even though it's completely synced and it's not mining. The wallet itself barely responds to any clicks, RPC commands time out frequently and it does this even with maxconnections=1 so it's not a syncing/peer issue.
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 06:20:48 PM

what do you expect - Ultracoin must have the worst Dev who only does anything when he can be bothered and seems to not be as knowledgeable as other altcoin devs. Cant wait for this to rise so we can all cash out!

BerserkU

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 06:31:50 PM

It wont rise with comments like this...

what do you expect - Ultracoin must have the worst Dev who only does anything when he can be bothered and seems to not be as knowledgeable as other altcoin devs. Cant wait for this to rise so we can all cash out!
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 06:32:37 PM

I like this coin and been following it on and off since January 2014 and I get that such a huge database of blocks is pretty demanding but other coins have managed to build a decent wallet with decent resource managenet and database caching but this one is making me want to pull my own hair.

What do you mean?

Not your keys, not your coins!
BerserkU

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 06:34:22 PM

I like this coin and been following it on and off since January 2014 and I get that such a huge database of blocks is pretty demanding but other coins have managed to build a decent wallet with decent resource managenet and database caching but this one is making me want to pull my own hair.

What do you mean?

Comments saying you will cash out if it ever goes up
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2015, 01:09:06 AM

What do you mean?

Comments saying you will cash out if it ever goes up

It wont rise with a dev that doesn't code properly and isn't developing anything which makes people buy it

May I suggest we do something different from other altcoins and peg it making the price more stable? Maybe that will catch the eye of investors and become for adoptable for companies etc. We have to be different in order to stand out! UTC isnt ultra fast anymore (which is why 90% invested) To peg it would require a good developer though .. . .

Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 262 »
  Print  

Jump to: