Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:17:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 262 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions!  (Read 380958 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:57:26 AM

Amazing...

Look at what happens when people stop begging, "Dear leader, please take care of things!"

rapture333 and Kracko were GROSSLY incompetent. If you read my correspondence with them, in this thread, it should be obvious! I was wondering... how many times do they have to be wrong before people will actually listen to reason and logic!

No matter. Hopefully, those little cancers stay away for good. Because I absolutely promise you, rapture333 will only make things worse.

I agree with alenevaa. Why reinvent the wheel with difficulty adjustment? Is there an argument against DigiShield?

An android wallet? Are you kidding me? That would be amazing!

UTC will have a niche at NF14. I personally believe NF15 caters to the most hardware, while also requiring less power consumption. If you look at prices/marketcap of the scrypt-chacha coins at NF15, it tends to agree with my theory. Of course, NF14 might be 'close enough.'

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 12:13:27 PM

and when we get a few things sorted out - we need to get UTC on Poloniex.

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_eth

I think it would be a bad move to get listed on Poloniex.. Poloniex is having MAJOR problems right now and to move some volume (which Ultracoin is having little of right now)
to Poloniex would only cause problems for users..

Amazing...

Look at what happens when people stop begging, "Dear leader, please take care of things!"

rapture333 and Kracko were GROSSLY incompetent. If you read my correspondence with them, in this thread, it should be obvious! I was wondering... how many times do they have to be wrong before people will actually listen to reason and logic!

No matter. Hopefully, those little cancers stay away for good. Because I absolutely promise you, rapture333 will only make things worse.

I agree with alenevaa. Why reinvent the wheel with difficulty adjustment? Is there an argument against DigiShield?

UTC will have a niche at NF14. I personally believe NF15 caters to the most hardware, while also requiring less power consumption. If you look at prices/marketcap of the scrypt-chacha coins at NF15, it tends to agree with my theory. Of course, NF14 might be 'close enough.'

Yeah, hopefully some extra effort would bring back UTC
Marnie1976

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 03:35:30 PM

Indeed very fine and nice to see what a necessary action and a little push in the right direction from Paul put’s things in motion now.
I really, really love it.
If this works and the right professional people stepping up and can work together with coding and further development than UTC can be great again.
But there must be, in my opinion, also a central contact person who can discuss and inform organizations and exchanges and keep Facebook and Twitter updated.
All in the name of Ultracoin.

Amazing...

thispanda

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:23:39 PM

Are there any working block explorers for UTC out there?

With regards to the Android wallet, might be worth to check this out: https://coinomi.com/AddingSupportForANewCurrency/ (concerning this wallet app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coinomi.wallet&hl=en)
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:30:24 PM

No block explorers for UTC that I know of - this was the last known block explorer

http://ultrabex.tumblingblock.com/

last synced in Nov 2015

Are there any working block explorers for UTC out there?

With regards to the Android wallet, might be worth to check this out: https://coinomi.com/AddingSupportForANewCurrency/ (concerning this wallet app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coinomi.wallet&hl=en)

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:48:14 PM

Hi Emerge

I'm interested in your comment on Poloniex.  What are the major issues?

I know they freeze up when ETH trading goes ballistic - the volume is huge so its to be expected on an exchange that was not scaled to this unexpectedly massive volume in spikes.  They are going to do a major upgrade in a few weeks so that should sort that issue.

One user had his account hacked yesterday - but likely they did not have 2FA enabled so not to be expected but a good reminder for everyone.  This will happen on most exchanges and is not an exchange issue.

I have used Polo no probs on many different alts - never an issue.

Is there something else thats an issue - please discuss.

When Cryptsy vanished - with many of our UTC and other funds it left a massive hole for UTC.  Cryptsy was the major exchange and we got a lot of trade from the washover effect of the thousands of users there trading other coins.

UTC is in a dangerous position at present with just one exchange trading our coin - because if UTC was delisted we have nowhere to trade.  The other advantage of multiple exchanges is that its less easy to manipulate price either up or down.

I would not suggest we try and list UTC at Polo right now - I said when we get a few things sorted out - so I am thinking in terms of months.

Polo is the number 1 ALT trading platform and it has taken over Cryptsy users.  I still believe it is the place to put UTC when we have everything sorted for the foundations of UTC.

Are there any other exchanges that you have used that are worth considering?

Cheers - usukan

and when we get a few things sorted out - we need to get UTC on Poloniex.

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_eth

I think it would be a bad move to get listed on Poloniex.. Poloniex is having MAJOR problems right now and to move some volume (which Ultracoin is having little of right now)
to Poloniex would only cause problems for users..

Amazing...

Yeah, hopefully some extra effort would bring back UTC

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:05:32 PM

Hi Rob - I really know how you feel on this - I have tried many times over 2 years on 4 diff rigs and NEVER been able to mine UTC - but happily mined other coins and multi algo coins.

Sorry but I really cannot help with any tech advice.

I doubt that having coins in the wallet should make any difference - but I have sent you some just in case.

Date: 26/02/2016 10:51
To: UZ3B1fCGsPeUtoCxsSVJSMWB7EKhiDd36q
Debit: -1000.00 UTC
Transaction fee: -0.01 UTC
Net amount: -1000.01 UTC
Transaction ID: 26bba5015faa33cb8f8a1a7b52733ac969e4c9dcf5de45aa6663b19b09d254bb

I might add that these 29 confs took only a couple of minutes - so the coin still works and is blazing fast.

I hope some other miners might be able to help you.

Cheers - usukan

I want to solo mine UTC, I downloaded the wallet from Ultracoin website  v0.7.4.1-g-9-g23ef1a4-beta is this the wallet I should be using ?
After 4 days it is almost done downloading blockchain.

Create an ultracoin.conf within your %APPDATA% folder and add these lines:

rpcuser=youruser
 rpcpassword=yourpassword
 rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
 daemon=1
 server=1
 listen=1

Start the ultracoin client, edit solo_mining.bat with the specified user and password, and run the .bat. Enjoy mining!
NOTE: Please set expiry = 1, scan time = 1, and queue = 0 in cgminer to receive lower rejects. Thanks!

where is this solo_mining.bat have not found it??

Ultracoin.config

rpcuser=solo
rpcpassword=slow
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1:44101
rpcport=44101
port=44100
daemon=1
server=1
listen=1
gen=0

created solo_mining.bat in same directory as Ultracoin-qt application

minerd.exe -a scrypt-chacha --nfmin 4 --nfmax 30 --starttime 1388361600 -o http://127.0.0.1:44101 -O solo:slow

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ultracoin\Wallet>minerd.exe -a scrypt-chacha --nfmin 4 --nfmax 30 --starttime 1388361600 -o http://127.0.0.1:44101 -O solo:slow
[2016-02-25 10:10:50] 2 miner threads started, using 'scrypt-chacha' algorithm.
[2016-02-25 10:10:51] Binding thread 0 to cpu 0
[2016-02-25 10:10:51] Binding thread 1 to cpu 1
[2016-02-25 10:10:54] HTTP request failed: Failed connect to 127.0.0.1:44101; No error
[2016-02-25 10:10:54] json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 seconds
[2016-02-25 10:11:26] HTTP request failed: Failed connect to 127.0.0.1:44101; No error
[2016-02-25 10:11:26] json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 seconds

why would the rpc call fail? must I have some ultracoins in my wallet? if so where could I get them? UZ3B1fCGsPeUtoCxsSVJSMWB7EKhiDd36q

would GLADLY send some btc to someone if they send Ultracoin..  I have been working a week now trying to get this working. Wallet is now working blockchain downloaded ( that took a LONG time ).  Tried to setup an account at the ONLY working POOL never could get my gpu miner connected, the contact support does not work, after setting up account it told me to check my email for a verification email, it was never send and now the account is locked, it would seem 2 miners have a monopoly on mining... thought I might be able to get some help here, not giving up!!!  I sincerely hope those that are posting here can get ULTRACOIN back up and running again I will leave a node running on my PC and hope for the best.

Someone just sent me 1000 UTC from address UZ3B1fCGsPeUtoCxsSVJSMWB7EKhiDd36q  how can I send you some btc for your help?

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:16:24 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2016, 10:32:39 PM by usukan

Rob - its a gift.  No need to repay anything.  Just by trying to mine UTC you are repaying all of us.

Cheers - usukan

Someone just sent me 1000 UTC from address UZ3B1fCGsPeUtoCxsSVJSMWB7EKhiDd36q  how can I send you some btc for your help?

--

--
Grim

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:40:16 PM

UTC difficulty adjustment was always known to oscillate, even 2 years ago ... (I thought of it as a feature  Tongue  ).

But the current difficulty adjustment is failing very hard.

That being said, yes Digishield is the way to go.

usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:10:47 AM

an explanation of DigiShield (by the Dev DigiByte 1 year ago)

DigiShield re-targets a coin’s difficulty to protect against multi-pools and an over-inflation of easily mined new coins. DigiShield was originally developed for DigiByte, but has since been implemented into Dogecoin and will soon be implemented into more coins. DigiShield re-targets a coin’s difficulty between every block or in the case of DigiByte & Dogecoin, every 60 seconds.
We created DigiShield after seeing the threat that multi-pools pose to a crypto currency when they start mining a coin at a very low difficulty in relation to their net pool hash. This allows many coins to be quickly and easily mined before the difficulty increases. Once the difficulty increases the multi-pool leaves a coin, dumps the coins on the market, and then leaves the dedicated existing miners with a very high difficulty and very few new coins to be mined. This leads to a drop in price and frustration among the committed community members & miners of the affected coin. DigiShield protects DigiByte against this threat and helps ensure greater confidence in any coin that implements it by allowing the difficulty to rise and fall almost perfectly in sync with increases or decreases in the net hash of a coin. The secret to DigiShield is an asymmetrical approach to difficulty re-targeting. With DigiShield, the difficulty is allowed to decrease in larger movements than it is allowed to increase from block to block. This keeps a blockchain from getting "stuck" i.e., not finding the next block for several hours following a major drop in the net hash of coin. It is all a balancing act. You need to allow the difficulty to increase enough between blocks to catch up to a sudden spike in net hash, but not enough to accidentally send the difficulty sky high when two miners get lucky and find blocks back to back. The same thing occurs with difficulty decreases. Since it takes much longer to find the next block, you need to allow it to drop quicker than it increases.
The KGW (Kimoto Gravity Well) and Earthcoin approaches to difficulty re-targeting are not as effective as DigiShield in protecting against multi-pools. We conducted extensive testing over a five day period and found that an asymmetrical approach was much more effective than the KGW approach. We found that the difficulty needed to be able to decrease by a larger magnitude than it was allowed to increase. When the difficulty was allowed to increase or decrease at the same rate with larger orders of magnitude, some very bad oscillations occurred along with some crazy high difficulties when two lucky blocks were found quickly back to back. The asymmetrical adjustments keep the difficulty from going to high to fast, but allow it to drop much quicker after a large hash down swing as it takes a much longer time to discover the next two blocks for the difficulty adjustment to occur.
Both the KGW and Earthcoin approaches to difficulty re-targeting still allow multi-pools a few minutes of easy mining. For example, Earthcoin still gets hit my multi-pools for 11-12 minutes at time. Both approaches limit the amount the difficulty is allowed to change between blocks, which can become a big issue when a sudden hash decrease occurs. While simulating a sudden 10-20 fold hash decrease, KGW can become "stuck" for several hours before the next few blocks are discovered and the difficulty evens out again. The same issue exists with the Earthcoin approach. It can get "stuck" for 20-40 minutes following an 11 minute hash increase from a multi-pool attack. We know a 10-20 fold hash increase is unusual, but it is possible, especially as cryptocurrencies become better known. More than likely, we will only ever see more than a 5-10 fold increase. Nonetheless, we wanted to develop something that protected against even the most unlikely of hash jumps to ensure that we could handle sudden extremes very quickly.
In summary DigiShield is a balanced asymmetrical approach to difficulty re-targeting. You don't want to let the difficulty go to high to fast, but you need to give it enough room to catch up quickly. The same thing goes with down swings, since it takes longer to discover new blocks you need to give it more room to go down, but not enough to send it to the floor. DigiShield is by no means the absolute "perfect" solution to the multi pool/ difficulty problem, but after testing dozens of different setups over a five day period including KGW and the Earthcoin approach, the current ratios/ settings in DigiShield out performed any other solution available at the moment.
The DigiShield code can be found here between lines 833 & 1007: https://github.com/digibyte/DigiByteProject/blob/master/src/main.cpp
Take a look at the Dogecoin difficulty chart: http://www.coinwarz.com/difficulty-charts/dogecoin-difficulty-chart.
You can see how multi-pools have really been mining most of the coins and leaving the dedicated Doge miners to pick up the slack and get the short end of the stick when it comes to new coins. You can also see when DigiShield took effect and that no longer occurs.
Now take a look at the chart for DigiByte: http://www.coinwarz.com/difficulty-charts/digibyte-difficulty-chart.
You can see how we would get "stuck" after a multi pool left us and it would take several hours more than our 2.4 hour re-target before the difficulty came back down. Had we not implemented DigiShield when we were hit with the 1 GH - 8GH increase we might have been "stuck" for a day or more. See how quickly the pool hit us and left, and more importantly see how fast the difficulty decreased back to normal levels? Since DigiShield went into effect, you can see how quickly multi-pools hit us and leave, whereby they mine considerably less coins now, upwards of 50-80% less.
www.DigiByte.co

--

--
whortonda

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 02:07:55 AM

Based on just a cursory review of Digibyte's retargeting (a.k.a. DigiShield), it appears to me that the algorithm is the same one UTC uses.

The retarget boils down to this:

• Calculate the time it took to mine the last 10 blocks (actualTimespan)
  • Apply constraints to actualTimespan (max 16% down and 8% up)
  • Adjust the difficulty by actualTimespan/targetTimespan (inverse scaling, because higher target means lower difficulty)

DGB also includes special adjustments for its various hashing algorithms, because they each have independent targets.

The only substantive difference is the averaging interval and adjustment caps... and get this: in DGB, the averaging interval and adjustment caps are exactly the same as UTC retargeting V3.

Which brings us back to bathrobehero's suggestion to use the old retargeting, which was a 10-block interval.  I think that's the way to go.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:24:44 AM

Nice activity!

I see we have:
  • bret
    bathrobehero
    whortonda
    thispanda

discussing things - can we make a dev group up from you guys?

I'm not a dev, just a miner so I'd rather not join the dev team as I would have very little use at most.
But I don't mind helping from the outside if I can.

For people who want to sync from nothing I'd suggest downloading the blockchain from http://cryptochainer.com/dir/ and sync from that which should be fast.

Not your keys, not your coins!
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:02:41 AM

Good one Bob!

Learning so much here Smiley.  I got the solo mining of Ultracoin going on my CPU!! at a BLAZING 100 Hashes per sec
( AVG. ) I think it is working???

Still trying to get GPU mining, it keeps crashing. NEVER GIVE UP Smiley

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:11:03 AM

Thanks bathrobehero

fully understand about the Dev role and your help from outside will be greatly appreciated by all.

Filling UTC with a Dev or Devs is the most crucial requirement that UTC has at present.

Can a few of you "spread the word" in case we can find some good keen candidates?

So from our previous potential list we have:

bret
whortonda
thispanda

Are any of you guys open to the idea of being the UTC Dev or Co-Dev?

Is there anybody else we know of within this community?

Cheers - Usukan

Nice activity!

I see we have:
  • bret
    bathrobehero
    whortonda
    thispanda

discussing things - can we make a dev group up from you guys?

I'm not a dev, just a miner so I'd rather not join the dev team as I would have very little use at most.
But I don't mind helping from the outside if I can.

For people who want to sync from nothing I'd suggest downloading the blockchain from http://cryptochainer.com/dir/ and sync from that which should be fast.

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:34:13 AM

Thanks whortonda - thats very interesting info indeed

So - what you are saying in a nutshell is that reverting to the V3 retargeting of UTC is essentially the same as DigiShield?

Obviously if thats the case - then its quite clear what should be done.

Can anybody who was mining when the V3 retargeting was in place remember if it worked OK - I do remember a lot of complaining from miners about diff problems over an extended period when Kracko was adjusting things.  Was V3 a Kracko version - or did it precede his era?

If everyone is OK with reverting to V3 (same as DigiShield) we should move on this.

Problem is we need a Dev or Devs to get this done. 

Until then please consider the proposed change and if we get consensus - and a Dev - we can look at rolling this out.

@whortonda - I have to ask - are you able to redo this retargeting for UTC?

Thanks usukan

Based on just a cursory review of Digibyte's retargeting (a.k.a. DigiShield), it appears to me that the algorithm is the same one UTC uses.

The retarget boils down to this:

• Calculate the time it took to mine the last 10 blocks (actualTimespan)
  • Apply constraints to actualTimespan (max 16% down and 8% up)
  • Adjust the difficulty by actualTimespan/targetTimespan (inverse scaling, because higher target means lower difficulty)

DGB also includes special adjustments for its various hashing algorithms, because they each have independent targets.

The only substantive difference is the averaging interval and adjustment caps... and get this: in DGB, the averaging interval and adjustment caps are exactly the same as UTC retargeting V3.

Which brings us back to bathrobehero's suggestion to use the old retargeting, which was a 10-block interval.  I think that's the way to go.

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:37:45 AM

To the UTC Community

As I have said before - I cant sail this ship permanently because I am too busy but I am prepared to kick-start this rebirth of UTC by trying to tie up all the lose ends and put a team in place.  I will TRY to stick here until we get a suitable overall manager - or until I get kicked out. 

If it drags on too long I may have to bow out but I will give the community plenty of warning.  There will be a few periods where you won't hear from me for a few days because I am busy travelling/working (I'm often found in remote locations in Asia where I have no internet at all for up to 2 weeks sometimes) - but I will come back barring being kidnapped or suffering some other serious or fatal misfortune.

Cheers - usukan

--

--
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 05:57:17 AM

I would recommend getting on Bleutrade (it's an underrated trading platform IMO). We can also try Poloniex but I guess it would be a risky move.

Risk and reward people do say.

Regards,
Jm Erestain
Valpe

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:08:38 AM

Cheesy

Nice to see so active community and talent people here. UTC is doing fresh booting and I really like what I see. I am not going to miss old devteam. I hope that Usukan will find time to develop and help UTC for new start. I will give my full support to Usukan.

Valpe

★★★ Cryptocurrency Platform Services ★★★
Exchange | Mineshaft |  Marketplace 【 Cryptopia 】 Rewards | CoinInfo | | f | | t | | BTC |           
★▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔★           
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 08:17:16 AM

Thanks Valpe - your support is both required and greatly appreciated

Cheers - usukan

Cheesy

Nice to see so active community and talent people here. UTC is doing fresh booting and I really like what I see. I am not going to miss old devteam. I hope that Usukan will find time to develop and help UTC for new start. I will give my full support to Usukan.

Valpe

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 08:19:13 AM

Thanks Emerge - have heard about Bleutrade but never really checked it out.  I will have a closer look.

Please do not misunderstand me - I would only suggest we add another exchange after we have our foundations sorted - and we have a lot more volume to spread.

Your contributions greatly appreciated.

Cheers - usukan

I would recommend getting on Bleutrade (it's an underrated trading platform IMO). We can also try Poloniex but I guess it would be a risky move.

Risk and reward people do say.

Regards,
Jm Erestain

--

--
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 262 »
  Print  

Jump to: