Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:25:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 262 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions!  (Read 380965 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 09:59:49 AM

@ Emerge

actually Bleutrade looks good - its small exchange but growing strongly.

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/9341-bleutrade-cryptocurrency-exchange-official-thread/
interesting analysis of the bots

The Bleutrade Share is very interesting.
https://bleutrade.com/help/bleutrade-share
https://bleutrade.com/exchange/BLEU/BTC

I have a watching brief on Bleutrade - thanks for the tip.

Cheers - usukan

Thanks Emerge - have heard about Bleutrade but never really checked it out.  I will have a closer look.

Please do not misunderstand me - I would only suggest we add another exchange after we have our foundations sorted - and we have a lot more volume to spread.

Your contributions greatly appreciated.

Cheers - usukan

I would recommend getting on Bleutrade (it's an underrated trading platform IMO). We can also try Poloniex but I guess it would be a risky move.

Risk and reward people do say.

Regards,
Jm Erestain

--

--
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 10:11:55 AM

@ Emerge

actually Bleutrade looks good - its small exchange but growing strongly.

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/9341-bleutrade-cryptocurrency-exchange-official-thread/
interesting analysis of the bots

The Bleutrade Share is very interesting.
https://bleutrade.com/help/bleutrade-share
https://bleutrade.com/exchange/BLEU/BTC

I have a watching brief on Bleutrade - thanks for the tip.

Cheers - usukan

Thanks Emerge - have heard about Bleutrade but never really checked it out.  I will have a closer look.

Please do not misunderstand me - I would only suggest we add another exchange after we have our foundations sorted - and we have a lot more volume to spread.

Your contributions greatly appreciated.

Cheers - usukan

I would recommend getting on Bleutrade (it's an underrated trading platform IMO). We can also try Poloniex but I guess it would be a risky move.

Risk and reward people do say.

Regards,
Jm Erestain

Sure, always glad to help. We can bring UTC back up to it's feet in time, don't worry
sambiohazard

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 10:35:50 AM

Can anybody who was mining when the V3 retargeting was in place remember if it worked OK - I do remember a lot of complaining from miners about diff problems over an extended period when Kracko was adjusting things.  Was V3 a Kracko version - or did it precede his era?

I was mining UTC from Nov-Dec 2014 to Aug 2015 and never had any trouble with diff or pools back then. I stopped after the official pool started having trouble with payout & showing blocks mined. After than everything went downhill. I mined on NF14, NF15 & for sometime NF16. Everything worked very well back then until Steven & Kracko got greedy and thought reverting cutting block reward will pump the coin & give them a smooth exit while they leave everyone holding the bag. They must have seen the problems coming. Instead they should have asked the community to take over and leave gracefully.

I would also say that price will be hard to control until diff is fixed as miners exploiting this bug will keep dumping on each price rise. Good to see community effort here Smiley
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 10:49:56 AM

Great - thanks for helping us narrow down this problem.

Looks like back to V3 diff

Cheers - usukan

Can anybody who was mining when the V3 retargeting was in place remember if it worked OK - I do remember a lot of complaining from miners about diff problems over an extended period when Kracko was adjusting things.  Was V3 a Kracko version - or did it precede his era?

I was mining UTC from Nov-Dec 2014 to Aug 2015 and never had any trouble with diff or pools back then. I stopped after the official pool started having trouble with payout & showing blocks mined. After than everything went downhill. I mined on NF14, NF15 & for sometime NF16. Everything worked very well back then until Steven & Kracko got greedy and thought reverting cutting block reward will pump the coin & give them a smooth exit while they leave everyone holding the bag. They must have seen the problems coming. Instead they should have asked the community to take over and leave gracefully.

I would also say that price will be hard to control until diff is fixed as miners exploiting this bug will keep dumping on each price rise. Good to see community effort here Smiley

--

--
Emerge
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 11:09:11 AM

I'm willing to head a project with a few volunteer developers including myself to ease development of UltraCoin based Apps...

I'll just need support of a few devs and the community

There's one big problem that makes this very hard, the bloating of the blockchain..
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:03:47 PM

Great to see some activity!
Did Steven have a "pot of UTC" for marketing etc that we all donated to him? I can't remember . . .

Emerge - u r my new favourite person!

Is this 'bloating' a huge problem? Can it be fixed? Is this why the old team left maybe? As a none technical person I don't know
Emerge
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:13:40 PM

Great to see some activity!
Did Steven have a "pot of UTC" for marketing etc that we all donated to him? I can't remember . . .

Emerge - u r my new favourite person!

Is this 'bloating' a huge problem? Can it be fixed? Is this why the old team left maybe? As a none technical person I don't know

No, the bloating can't be fixed. Due to fast transactions, Ultracoin is very prone to bloating
Might either be a problem now, or a problem sooner or later. Not sure if there is a fix, but I think it will take a while for it
to be an actual big problem. For now we can still work with it. Smiley
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 02:08:58 PM

What about this exchange https://www.yuanbaohui.com/ ?

Not many western coins and large volumes on all coins?
whortonda

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:55:16 PM

@usukan --

I'm a web developer, so I'm accustomed to markup and scripting languages that don't compile.  I'm not really experienced with the build process, and I don't have experience with C++.  I can read the source and get an idea of what it's doing, but writing it is a different story. Smiley

For that reason, I don't really feel that I'm qualified to be in a full developer role, but I would be happy to help in any way I can.  I do feel like reverting the retargeting to V3 should be pretty trivial-- all the old code is still in the source, and it should just be a matter of reviewing and updating references.  I could even take a stab at it, but compiling and testing would be a learning process for me.  I would also be happy to take a look at the updated source once changes are made.

I mined UTC when it was Nf15 and Nf16 as well, and I don't remember any major retargeting issues.  Would love to see this coin make a comeback!
Uggle

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:33:36 PM

I mined UTC when it was Nf15 and Nf16 as well, and I don't remember any major retargeting issues.  Would love to see this coin make a comeback!

Miner here ready to put that HW to good use when the time comes! Let's push this coin out of the dust!

UTC UTC UTC
Official Ultracoin Team (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Welcome to the future !

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 05:45:25 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2016, 06:39:45 PM by Official Ultracoin Team

WOW... Wow... and wow !!!

Do you all see what is happening Huh

ULTRACOIN FOR THE COMMUNITY  =  ULTRACOIN FROM THE COMMUNITY !

I am so happy to see what is going on .....

The UTC community wakes up and starts working together as (dev) partners.

This is very special to see.....a very first altcoin for the community and from the community !

I want to thank everybody.

Please don’t stop working and discussing together !

UTC can get back in the top 50 on CoinMarketCap if we keep working together.

Special thanks (at this moment) to.....

> Usukan (very special thanks for his outstanding coordinating and "leading" role)
> Alenevaa
> Beave162
> Uggle
> Valpe
> Whortonda
> Marnie1976
> Emerge
> Thispanda
> Bathrobehero
> Funsponge
> Roister01
> Grim
> Sambiohazard
> Bobdoergas
> Bret

If i forget someone to mention here please be not offended.

Warm greetings to all,
Paul.

Welcome to the future of Ultracoin - now upgrading to Ultracoin 3.0
Official Ultracoin Team (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Welcome to the future !

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 05:53:15 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2016, 06:09:42 PM by Official Ultracoin Team

And please dont forget this, becous UTC needs also professional marketing after the homework job and the coding job is done  Wink:

(.......)

What is available for "infrastructure" for the new Dev-Team ;

Available are (with login and passwords) :

- The existing UTC Bitcoin Forum Tread
- The existing UTC Twitter account
- The existing UTC website address (possible with website content and layout)
- The existing UTC Facebook account

(...)

Welcome to the future of Ultracoin - now upgrading to Ultracoin 3.0
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 09:04:09 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2016, 09:55:08 PM by usukan

Well - I leave for a few hours and come back to this!

So many positive developments in the community.

If I had to pick one thing to measure our progress and community support - it has to be the market support.  It has returned in strength.

Sure its early days - hell we have only been on this resurrection drive for a couple of days - but things are taking shape nicely.

To summarise the market situation:

6 weeks ago UTC was trading down at 166-250
1 week ago we were in the 350 range
Today we are in the 600 range

The % increase in prices is quite astounding!

The community deserves strong praise for the courage and risk taken to support UTC.

Shout out to all supporters and especially that large order at 566 which must have started at over 140k.

Dont let us get put off by some large sells - there are a lot of big bags out there held by some with minimal patience or genuine immediate needs. There will be some dumps (and it looks like there was just one for just over 60k UTC).

You might be saying to yourself that its already too expensive to buy UTC.  Yeah thats what the guy thought when he was buying at 350 and it had been 166-250 a few weeks before.  Whats he thinking now at 600?  Somebody bought up about 150k at 450 - that must have taken a bit of courage when the bids were probably 300-350?  I know what hes thinking now.

Supporting UTC by investing is high risk thats for sure - but with risk comes potential for quite handsome reward - OR loss.  Only invest what you can afford to lose but celebrate your gain when UTC pushes up.

If we all do our jobs well - there is a very good chance that 600 and even 1000 will be peanuts in the medium to long term.

I will restate some goals on price - this is really the only benchmark we have for overall progress (these are only arbitrary - but you will get the idea).

Target 1 - 0.00001/1000 (coin has been resuscitated)
Target 2 - 0.00005/5000 (UTC is back in business and we need to set in stone our vision and start work towards tailoring UTC to this)
Target 3 - 0.0001/10,000 (Time for some serious development and roll out UTC into our chosen real world use areas)
Target 4 - 0.001/100,000 (Its working - take your rewards for all your work and risk - then get ready for a new vision that we apply to expand)

We are sailing well towards the first mark of 1000

Over the next few days we will put some projects in place and with continued community support we will crack that 1000.

Put your drinks in the cooler.

The journey has begun.

EDIT - I see we have a few rats coming out of the woodwork and jumping ship on Bittrex - we'll sail faster without them.  Besides - where are the trolls - when they arrive here we know we are doing well.

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 09:31:15 PM

Hi Emerge

Its a given now I think that you have community support in this.

Please go ahead and lead the development of these Ultracoin based apps.

If you have tech questions - bring them back to the community and we will try and solve or get somebody to discuss with you directly.

As I understand - the Android app is first off the rank.  This will be a great advance.

Yes - this blockchain bloat has been a problem that has cropped up a few times in the past.  Its hard to have speed without frequent and many blocks.  The fixes as far as I understand are quite complex and we dont have time or resources for that now.

At the end of the day - we have to live with a big and fast growing blockchain.  This will make Qt wallet syncing slow (but we have a bootstrap - http://cryptochainer.com/dir/) and memory hungry - but its actually not much worse than many other coins with fast blocks. For your apps it will be a drain on your hosting resources - but the end users of the lite apps won't suffer anything from what I understand.

I think we need to focus on small steps otherwise we will get bogged down.  We need to have realistic projects that get completed - then move on - one step at a time.
I don't want UTC to get back to chasing big picture dreams while not having the proper foundations in place.  Last year practically no progress was made on the list that was put up.

Slowly but surely mostly wins the game.

Again thanks for your support and offer to take on this role.

I know I speak from the whole community in welcoming you on board the UTC ship - we look forward to some great works together.

Sincere thanks from everyone here.

Cheers - usukan

I'm willing to head a project with a few volunteer developers including myself to ease development of UltraCoin based Apps...

I'll just need support of a few devs and the community

There's one big problem that makes this very hard, the bloating of the blockchain..

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 09:34:05 PM

thank you kindly bitmaster1x

Cheers - usukan

The UTC community is now added to Crypto-city Smiley http://crypto-city.com/index.php/utc-ultra-coin/info/

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 09:52:40 PM

Hi whortonda - thanks for this heads up

I think it follows from your offer that we should welcome you as a UTC Co-developer.

If you had a stab at the code we could get it reviewed perhaps by another community member/s and a few are available I think for testing. 

Alternatively if someone steps up with the target skills here we might have them make the changes. 

In the present absence of other confirmed dev or devs - I would ask if you could have a stab at it and then come back to the community for comment.

We will get the access details from Paul - the UTC website needs a serious update.  This may be more in your expertise?  Emerge has also offered assistance here.
At some stage I will go through and list the edits required on the site.

I think we have a comeback in progress - its just a matter of patience and community effort.

Thanks for your support and the community is right behind you

Cheers - usukan

@usukan --

I'm a web developer, so I'm accustomed to markup and scripting languages that don't compile.  I'm not really experienced with the build process, and I don't have experience with C++.  I can read the source and get an idea of what it's doing, but writing it is a different story. Smiley

For that reason, I don't really feel that I'm qualified to be in a full developer role, but I would be happy to help in any way I can.  I do feel like reverting the retargeting to V3 should be pretty trivial-- all the old code is still in the source, and it should just be a matter of reviewing and updating references.  I could even take a stab at it, but compiling and testing would be a learning process for me.  I would also be happy to take a look at the updated source once changes are made.

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 09:56:44 PM

Thanks Uggle - time is coming to shine that miner up!

Miner here ready to put that HW to good use when the time comes! Let's push this coin out of the dust!

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 10:10:25 PM

Interesting - thank you Google Translate

Might be worth a try - but think its best we get our foundations sorted and vol on Bittrex up before we dilute to any other exhanges.

I find the Chinese language personally challenging but its not a market that we can ignore.  We will need a Chinese member perhaps if we try and list on this exchange in the future.

I have a watching brief on Yuanbaohui.com

Thanks funsponge - how did you find this?  Are you Chinese?

Cheers - usukan

What about this exchange https://www.yuanbaohui.com/ ?

Not many western coins and large volumes on all coins?

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 10:27:46 PM

Thanks Paul - yes things are starting to fire up - but its early days yet.

Probably the two immediate needs are to update the website and the lead page on this forum.  We seem to have the available community skills to handle this.

How do you want to handle passing over the access User/PW for these resources?  Do you want to send via PM to me?

Cheers - usukan

And please dont forget this, becous UTC needs also professional marketing after the homework job and the coding job is done  Wink:

(.......)

(...)

--

--
PaulR1

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 11:38:21 PM

Yes dear Usukan,

Off course i can transfer the codes only to one person.

This must be a trustworthy person who will promise to keep the codes safe to himself and promiss not too change the codes.
Everybody in the community shall understand that i can give the codes only to one person who is the new coordinator or is taking the lead for UTC.

I will send in a PM the first codes to you, the codes from this Bitcoin Forum.
Whit this codes you and I can moderate or update the Forum when needed.

The plan will be, in my opinion, that you are free to take over the control of this forum and get leading.
By that way you can update this forum as start and also can moderate if needed.

So from that moment I will go to the background as moderater of this forum.

Is that OK for the community members and for you ?

Warm greetings,
Paul.

Thanks Paul - yes things are starting to fire up - but its early days yet.

Probably the two immediate needs are to update the website and the lead page on this forum.  We seem to have the available community skills to handle this.

How do you want to handle passing over the access User/PW for these resources?  Do you want to send via PM to me?

Cheers - usukan

(.......)

(...)

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website         http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 262 »
  Print  

Jump to: