Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:24:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170602 times)
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 03:01:22 AM

Burst is really cheap right now, why would you make your own coin instead of taking that time and energy and improving on Burst?

Because with the deflation rate in burst, it will die out anyway. As things are, there are big holders who mined many millions for cheap in the beginning. They can't dump all at once, there are not enough buy orders, they will even hold for a while, until the situation becomes hopeless, and then it will die, just like any other altcoin.

Plus that I'm only interested in the PoC, I prefer the cryptonote platform. Sure all that assets and stuff sound good, but let's face it BTC had success because of drug trading. Anonymity is needed in the cryptoworld. The very name crypto implies anonimity.

Will this coin overtake bitcoin very doubtful will it be worth a lot probably not but with the development that has been around for it it can definitely come/stay in the top 10 altcoins. I think the coin is far from dieing. Most altcoins die because they are not unique and eventually the devs give up on it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 03:24:47 AM

I think it's kinda backwards to implement anonymity with BURST, but CIYAM said it can be done with AT.

I offer a bounty: 1,000,000 BURST to anyone who implements anonymous transactions in BURST, and makes a simple enough interface for the average user.
Sure 1m burst is not all that much, and being a programmer myself, I understand that this won't be enough reward for the work, however I only hold 1% of the coins, other holders could join in, so we can make a big bounty.

Anonymity will give value to the coin, it would be a good reason to buy it and sell it, other than the usual pump and dump gamble. If you hold BURST, join me, let's pay CIYAM to do it

Fuck it, I'm interested a bit just to see if this can be done neatly. I'll throw 150k at it too.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
iscal

Activity: 72
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 04:54:58 AM

I think it's kinda backwards to implement anonymity with BURST, but CIYAM said it can be done with AT.

I offer a bounty: 1,000,000 BURST to anyone who implements anonymous transactions in BURST, and makes a simple enough interface for the average user.
Sure 1m burst is not all that much, and being a programmer myself, I understand that this won't be enough reward for the work, however I only hold 1% of the coins, other holders could join in, so we can make a big bounty.

Anonymity will give value to the coin, it would be a good reason to buy it and sell it, other than the usual pump and dump gamble. If you hold BURST, join me, let's pay CIYAM to do it

+500,000 burst from me....
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 05:20:07 AM

You are a complete imbecile, and have no clue about cryptocoins.

If the coin right now had 3PB what would stop me from 51% attacking it? Certainly not the high profits I would make otherwise.  The miners need to get paid.
With no miners the coin is nowhere near fine, it's not even a coin, it's a fairy tale. Ok burst still has miners, but that's mainly because there is no other PoC out there yet.

I still hold 9 million. You are making more and more retarded claims. The market is crashing because of me? WOW. Where did that come from?
And you say the market is crashing NOW? Oh no, it's starting to be alive just now, it was dead for the past 2 months because of idiots holding to the coin, dreaming to become millionaires in 2020. They can afford to hold it though, they mined it for cheap. I will launch soon a new PoC coin with a fair block reward scheme.

But now with the recent volume on the market looks like there may still be hope for burst. Obviously, it is in my best interest that it rises.

And there are not enough buyers because there are not enough sellers. Nobody puts their money in a coin with 2 btc volume. Dump more coins and traders will join the party. Holding the coin does not make the price rise. Last 2 months illustrate this perfectly.

Why would anybody buy burst? Or dogecoin, or *coin.  Simple! to sell it for more, there's no other good reason. So in fact if you dump coins to traders, they have to do something about it, to sell it for more. That's the idea.

Please, don't preach your justification at me. The fact that the coin wouldn't be worth anything if there was 3PB of hash power here. You showed up after the coin actually ended up worth something and despite dumping a lot of money into it, you only hold 10% of the network hash. You're doing more damage by dumping your mined coins then you're doing if this coin had low hash power, because you wouldn't actually mine it as it wouldn't be worth anything.

It doesn't matter how much you're holding, it's how much you're dumping. There are plenty of people that are holding that have been a part of Burst for a long time and hold more coins then you.

Volume doesn't mean the market is healthy. Just because it's moving doesn't mean it's moving in a good direction. More people will see it, they'll also see that it's crashing right now and has been on a downward trend for the last two months. Nobody puts money in a coin that is only going down. It'd be different if the market volume showed fluctuations of +/- 10% or something like that, but it's not.

Not everyone buys coins to sell them for more. Some people believe in coins and what they're mining. The whole reason so many Burst'ers are holding their coins right now. If people were here purely for the economic aspect they would've sold already as the coin is in a nosedive and no one sees the bottom at the moment.

Oh and anyone can throw out insults, you too, are a imbecile.

Burst is really cheap right now, why would you make your own coin instead of taking that time and energy and improving on Burst?

Because with the deflation rate in burst, it will die out anyway. As things are, there are big holders who mined many millions for cheap in the beginning. They can't dump all at once, there are not enough buy orders, they will even hold for a while, until the situation becomes hopeless, and then it will die, just like any other altcoin.

Plus that I'm only interested in the PoC, I prefer the cryptonote platform. Sure all that assets and stuff sound good, but let's face it BTC had success because of drug trading. Anonymity is needed in the cryptoworld. The very name crypto implies anonimity.

Will this coin overtake bitcoin very doubtful will it be worth a lot probably not but with the development that has been around for it it can definitely come/stay in the top 10 altcoins. I think the coin is far from dieing. Most altcoins die because they are not unique and eventually the devs give up on it.

Aiming for LTC would probably be a good place.

PS: BTC is in no way anonymous and is actually easier to trace then bank transactions in the real world. Cryptonote is actually anonymous. The reason BTC was and is big in drug circles is because it's unregulated, easy to move around, and impossible to put a hold on. You can't stop BTC transactions without a significant amount of hash power and even then it just delays them.

The wallet needs a complete redesign and either a installer or a easy to run .exe very similar to BTC more so then ATs with dependencies included (no java install). The same goes for a easy to run and work mining platform.

As I mentioned earlier, since this is already a web wallet you run locally, why isn't there a online version of it? All you need is your 'key' to login wherever you are. There should be a official hosted version of the wallet with some added security.

If you're going to comission things and offer bounties, offering a bounty for a 'unique' altcoin for PoC would also be a good place to start... Multiple PoC coins at that. That's actually probably better then whatever the PR team is currently doing. I've been mining for years and I don't even read bitcoin 'news' websites. I look at pools, forums, exchanges, and rigrental websites.

To that extent, figuring out a way to 'lease' hashing power of PoC is also a good way to get things moving so a multipool or a rigrental website can use your miners. However this isn't as important as some good PoC altcoins.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
bitladen

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 05:48:01 AM

Please, don't preach your justification at me. The fact that the coin wouldn't be worth anything if there was 3PB of hash power here. You showed up after the coin actually ended up worth something and despite dumping a lot of money into it, you only hold 10% of the network hash. You're doing more damage by dumping your mined coins then you're doing if this coin had low hash power, because you wouldn't actually mine it as it wouldn't be worth anything.

Since you're such a genius, you tell me if I mined 13m and still have 9m, how much did I dump?

The interface is pretty nice. And if you can't install java, take computer lessons, asshole

PS: Speaking of bounties, how much do you charge to get the fuck out of here, you're an idiot. BTW, I don't insult *everyone*, just you and a few other idiots.

smaxer

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:17:01 AM

What`s about our dev?
Last Active:    May 01, 2015, 09:08:39 PM

I will add +500,000 too.
bitladen

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:27:48 AM

1,000,000 from me

Fuck it, I'm interested a bit just to see if this can be done neatly. I'll throw 150k at it too.

I will add +500,000 too.

2,150,000  within 4 hours. WOW. Maybe this will happen!
Hell, if it reaches 10M I'm interested in coding it myself Tongue if y'all don't mind

CIYAM sent me a message, he's like he coded AT, and is unhappy that nobody is using it. He is still the best candidate for the job, if he wants to take it.
maybe at 10M he will change his mind Smiley

Elit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:45:28 AM

I really enjoy to read this forum topic every day. BURST cant die this easy with so many "idiots" support him Tongue
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 08:19:58 AM

Disclosing the content of any private message without getting permission to do so is something that I consider to be rather "poor behaviour" but if you are going to do so it should be at least accurate.

So let me state publicly that we have already worked out a variation of the ACCT that would be helpful in making it very hard to track funds being transferred between blockchains assuming enough such transfers (of the same amounts) were taking place. The method was outlined on this forum in a topic that I ended up locking due to it being spammed.

To be clear there is simply no point though in us (the CIYAM AT team) focusing on that until the initial ACCT has been published and we have had sufficient feedback to make it as "user friendly" as we can.

If @vbcs is interested in taking up the offer then perhaps create a CF AT for funding the creation of this special ACCT variation and I would perhaps also suggest that a "mixer" AT could be developed as well (that is designed just for moving fixed amounts between different accounts on the one blockchain).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
catbref

Activity: 106

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:50:02 AM

CIYAM sent me a message, he's like he coded AT, and is unhappy that nobody is using it. He is still the best candidate for the job, if he wants to take it.
maybe at 10M he will change his mind Smiley

I reckon one of the major stumbling blocks is that you have to download separate HTML files and type them into the address bar to see them.

Hardly anyone plays the AT lottery because there's no link to it from the main wallet page.
There's no easy link to see all, or search all, items in the marketplace either - you somehow have to know who is selling and then type in their address!
Ditto the crowdfunding.

We need an HTML/JS/jQuery/CSS person to integrate these pages into the main wallet.
Anyone have those skills? Burst available to see it happen...
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 09:02:38 AM

I reckon one of the major stumbling blocks is that you have to download separate HTML files and type them into the address bar to see them.

Agreed and the major focus of the AT project (after we have released AT on Qora and published the ACCT) is to create a UI generator for ATs which will be able to automatically construct UI.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
xizmax

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 11:27:51 AM

Now now mates. We should all tone down our temper a bit. There is no need for this pointless bickering BURST is not dead, not even close.

Burstdev is alive and well, still working on BURST. Our dear CIYAM devs are working on AT to the betterment of us all.

PR has stalled a bit lately to be honest, however we expect to pick our activities up very soon.

Stay tuned mates!

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
Elit

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 11:41:43 AM

Now now mates. We should all tone down our temper a bit. There is no need for this pointless bickering BURST is not dead, not even close.

Burstdev is alive and well, still working on BURST. Our dear CIYAM devs are working on AT to the betterment of us all.

PR has stalled a bit lately to be honest, however we expect to pick our activities up very soon.

Stay tuned mates!

So far name calling "idiots" made me smile because its have very good definition: Idiot = man full with ideas Smiley

Forum look really full with good and creative suggestions from many users. They kinda got so mad in discussion process but its good overall we talk for it.
riskyfire

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 11:49:40 AM

Hi,

I've sold some shares of my asset ByteEMini, but I haven't received burst into my account.
I cant see a transaction for it within the blockchain or my transactions list only on the asset trade history window.
Does it take a certain number of confirmations or is it held in escrow or something before the transaction completes?

riskyfire

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 02:19:46 PM

Hi,

I've sold some shares of my asset ByteEMini, but I haven't received burst into my account.
I cant see a transaction for it within the blockchain or my transactions list only on the asset trade history window.
Does it take a certain number of confirmations or is it held in escrow or something before the transaction completes?

What's your wallet address?

BURST-N8KB-DKKW-9C4W-AF289
http://burstcoin.eu/address/9482343705890921001

I have found the buyers purchase transaction/s but they go from the buyers burst address to /
,but I noticed a similar process is used for other asset purchases. I may have received the funds
but I didn't notice a balance change, it was only two small purchases.

riskyfire

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 02:50:09 PM

Okay, just been testing a few things.

The transactions get recorded to the block chain and the account balance changes
at (least on my purchases) this information is within the transaction details but the
burst coming in or out isn't stated like it is with ordinary payments.

crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 03:23:10 PM

Just so that everyone knows, There will be an official SSL web wallet VERY SOON. The wallet already exists, and the SSL cert has been made, we're implementing it soon.

The link is here (and honestly, SSL doesn't really matter, it will be there mostly to make people happy. There is no need for SSL on BURST wallets.)

http://wallet.burst.city:8125

Also note the domain, burst.city. This domain will soon be the home of many exciting projects.

Thank you!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
bobafett

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 05:29:47 PM

Sorry for the sarcasm.

But how many people will further post here what we gonna have soon?

People post when its available!!!!
ltcnim
Legendary

Activity: 914
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 05:44:44 PM

aww...looks like I missed a good buying opportunity Sad oh well, my buy order is waiting for the next dump Cheesy

crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 06:26:45 PM

Sorry for the sarcasm.

But how many people will further post here what we gonna have soon?

People post when its available!!!!

it IS available. see? http://wallet.burst.city:8125

SSL isn't necessary, but people bitch if it isn't implemented.

once again, SSL isn't necessary. We are doing it anyway, but it IS NOT NECESSARY.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Pages: « 1 ... 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: