Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:07:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 [1036] 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170602 times)
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 04:11:30 PM

Ha, further declining prices ... my theory continues to prove itself.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 04:18:43 PM

Ha, further declining prices ... my theory continues to prove itself.

Yes, because prices in markets never go down. Get real man.

If you don't believe in the coin, no one is keeping you here bro.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
mczarnek

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 04:52:06 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2015, 05:58:55 PM by mczarnek

i hope no, because i'm holding / mining burst from the beginning,
but...
the chart it is rellay clear:
we are going to die?

Kinda doubt Burst is going to 'die', but there is way too much Burst in circulation so it's entirely possible it may halve again. This is why I mentioned there should be more then one coin that uses PoC.

Since PoC uses relatively little electricity the hash power will probably stay the same. I'm contemplating selling my HDs at the moment as it was a bad idea to invest all in on one coin, but I really don't want to take the 30% hit on of reselling them. ROI right now is completely out the window.

Burst is on a nosedive. Holders don't seem to understand that this is a coin. Thus it has to be traded. Don't hold it, dump, pump, make action on the market.
Everybody is holding and it's slowly dying. Don't dream it's gonna jump to 300 overnight. It can only happen if there is action on the market.
I said this 2 months ago, everybody was dreaming to sell it @300 back then. Now, it looks like was right, unfortunately.

So all holders (many miners included here, I assume)  dump some coins, and put a buy order. If everybody did that, we'd be well. We need action. If no trades happen, coin is dying.

And there's the other issue of fast decreasing block reward. If block reward decreases faster than the BURST/BTC value increases, it's bad news. And the value keeps decreasing!
The only reason I'm still mining BURST is because there's no other PoC coin yet. I plan to make one though, and hopefully other people will make PoC coins also.

If there were other PoC coins, many miners would have left BURST for another, and then without miners the coin is completely dead.

I hear many people criticizing me that I mine to get profit. Well, duuuuuh!!! That's why anybody mines. And thus far I ended up mostly holding.
BUT I DO SOMETHING for the coin. I MINE. I mine a lot. I do a lot for the coin. Without hashpower the coin is insecure (open to 51% attack) and therefore dead, or ready to die at any time.

Burst is really cheap right now, why would you make your own coin instead of taking that time and energy and improving on Burst?

My two cents:  People don't realize why Burst and Proof of Capacity is a big deal, and we need to educate them.  I'm working on turning that paper into blog posts and I think that should help get people interested.

Proof of Stake has some serious flaws that PoC fixes.. and most people looking for a new mining method automatically figure POS is 2nd gen and the way to go and don't realize that POC is 3rd generation yet.  And let's face it, we haven't really marketed ourselves all that much.

The biggest project I think we need to stand out from POS?  Blockchain trimming.  Still no feasible solutions for a POS system.  I don't know if you guys realize just how big of a deal this is.. but it's a very big one.  Best case scenario a miner would have to download many gigabytes of trimmed blockchain using the current system.  POC miners can get started using on about 100kB even after a few years of blockchain.. and this could be traced back to the gensis for maximum trustlessness.  The ASIC resistance and other features of POC are pretty cool too.

And @bensam1231, you have some good points!  We do need to make some of our tools more user friendly.  So anyone can mine by just saying I want to use X GB on drive X to mine, it automatically plots and mines for you from that drive. And Smart contracts were being worked on but yeah, they aren't as friendly as they could be yet.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
callmejack

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:37:49 PM

but...
we are going to die?

Kinda doubt Burst is going to 'die', but there is way too much Burst in circulation so it's entirely possible it may halve again. This is why I mentioned there should be more then one coin that uses PoC.

Since PoC uses relatively little electricity the hash power will probably stay the same. I'm contemplating selling my HDs at the moment as it was a bad idea to invest all in on one coin, but I really don't want to take the 30% hit on of reselling them. ROI right now is completely out the window.

Burst is on a nosedive. Holders don't seem to understand that this is a coin. Thus it has to be traded. Don't hold it, dump, pump, make action on the market.
Everybody is holding and it's slowly dying. Don't dream it's gonna jump to 300 overnight. It can only happen if there is action on the market.
I said this 2 months ago, everybody was dreaming to sell it @300 back then. Now, it looks like was right, unfortunately.

So all holders (many miners included here, I assume)  dump some coins, and put a buy order. If everybody did that, we'd be well. We need action. If no trades happen, coin is dying.

And there's the other issue of fast decreasing block reward. If block reward decreases faster than the BURST/BTC value increases, it's bad news. And the value keeps decreasing!
The only reason I'm still mining BURST is because there's no other PoC coin yet. I plan to make one though, and hopefully other people will make PoC coins also.

If there were other PoC coins, many miners would have left BURST for another, and then without miners the coin is completely dead.

I hear many people criticizing me that I mine to get profit. Well, duuuuuh!!! That's why anybody mines. And thus far I ended up mostly holding.
BUT I DO SOMETHING for the coin. I MINE. I mine a lot. I do a lot for the coin. Without hashpower the coin is insecure (open to 51% attack) and therefore dead, or ready to die at any time.

Burst is really cheap right now, why would you make your own coin instead of taking that time and energy and improving on Burst?

My two cents:  People don't realize why Burst and Proof of Capacity is a big deal, and we need to educate them.  I'm working on turning that paper into blog posts and I think that should help get people interested.

Proof of Stake has some serious flaws that PoC fixes.. and most people looking for a new mining method automatically figure POS is 2nd gen and the way to go and don't realize that POC is 3rd generation yet.  And let's face it, we haven't really marketed ourselves all that much.

The biggest project I think we need to stand out from POS?  Blockchain trimming.  Still no feasible solutions for a POS system.  The ASIC resistance is pretty cool too.

And @bensam1231, you have some good points!  We do need to make some of our tools more user friendly.  So anyone can mine by just saying I want to use X GB on drive X to mine, it automatically plots and mines for you from that drive. And Smart contracts were being worked on but yeah, they aren't as friendly as they could be yet.

what about utilizing the html5 sandbox filesystem for the masses?
http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/file/filesystem/

i am not sure if a plotter can be written in javascript but you could simply plot a few gb arranged in scoops into your webrowsers cachefolder and mine with it (if someone creates a javascript based miner).
the advantage would be that you only store some scoops for each nonce and with luck you can find blocks with it.
this would be the most simple way. you would only require a address and a few burst and could mine on pools.

crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 05:46:57 PM

but...
we are going to die?

So all holders (many miners included here, I assume)  dump some coins, and put a buy order. If everybody did that, we'd be well. We need action. If no trades happen, coin is dying.

My two cents:  People don't realize why Burst and Proof of Capacity is a big deal, and we need to educate them.  I'm working on turning that paper into blog posts and I think that should help get people interested.

Proof of Stake has some serious flaws that PoC fixes.. and most people looking for a new mining method automatically figure POS is 2nd gen and the way to go and don't realize that POC is 3rd generation yet.  And let's face it, we haven't really marketed ourselves all that much.

The biggest project I think we need to stand out from POS?  Blockchain trimming.  Still no feasible solutions for a POS system.  The ASIC resistance is pretty cool too.

And @bensam1231, you have some good points!  We do need to make some of our tools more user friendly.  So anyone can mine by just saying I want to use X GB on drive X to mine, it automatically plots and mines for you from that drive. And Smart contracts were being worked on but yeah, they aren't as friendly as they could be yet.

I'll kick off another bounty right now for GUI tools for BURST that encompass the following...

1. Plotting with both GPU and CPU plotters

2. Plot optimization (not a MUST, but would be nice) along with a method of making it simple.

3. Mining with all of the miners. (give the people a choice) Both pool and solo (again, choices.)

4. The wallet in a standalone client (maybe even just a client that points to a web wallet such as mine http://wallet.burst.city:8125)

I am aware this is a fairly large project, but I'm willing to give 500k BURST right now to get the project's bounty started, I will make another bounty wallet like the one I did for my ninja UI bounty (which still hasn't been claimed, or really even suggested that someone could claim it, which is upsetting to me, but aside the point.) or we could make a CF AT for this...if that AT wouldn't just not get funded in time and close itself. Come on people, lets PUSH BURST UP!

but either way, I'm totally willing to initiate the funding of such a project. Let me know if there are any takers

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
mczarnek

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:56:00 PM

My two cents:  People don't realize why Burst and Proof of Capacity is a big deal, and we need to educate them.  I'm working on turning that paper into blog posts and I think that should help get people interested.

Proof of Stake has some serious flaws that PoC fixes.. and most people looking for a new mining method automatically figure POS is 2nd gen and the way to go and don't realize that POC is 3rd generation yet.  And let's face it, we haven't really marketed ourselves all that much.

The biggest project I think we need to stand out from POS?  Blockchain trimming.  Still no feasible solutions for a POS system.  The ASIC resistance is pretty cool too.

And @bensam1231, you have some good points!  We do need to make some of our tools more user friendly.  So anyone can mine by just saying I want to use X GB on drive X to mine, it automatically plots and mines for you from that drive. And Smart contracts were being worked on but yeah, they aren't as friendly as they could be yet.

what about utilizing the html5 sandbox filesystem for the masses?
http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/file/filesystem/

i am not sure if a plotter can be written in javascript but you could simply plot a few gb arranged in scoops into your webrowsers cachefolder and mine with it (if someone creates a javascript based miner).
the advantage would be that you only store some scoops for each nonce and with luck you can find blocks with it.
this would be the most simple way. you would only require a address and a few burst and could mine on pools.

Very cool idea!!!

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
ltcnim
Legendary

Activity: 914
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 06:03:19 PM

The number of page in this thread alone indicate how active this coin is. It's far away from dying. While the current price might shock some people, it's a good thing, because this will move some coins around.
I for myself bought a few more, and will continue. At those prices you can't go wrong. As long as there is activity, I will buy ^^

vipervince2002

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 06:08:19 PM

but...
we are going to die?

I realize that I am opening up my ideas to everyone, but the point of developing a cryptocurrency is not to get rich.  That's why we have mining and the developer is usually just one of the first to start.  What do you think about these possible BURST altcoins?  Keep the discussion in the Burst forum because it does not belong on this BitcoinTalk thread.  This post is only here because there are only a few that regularly visit the Burst forum and I will delete this post if someone on the Burst development team asks me.

https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/potential-burst-altcoins.806/
bsom

Activity: 46

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 08:54:06 PM

www.bsom.org/noncecalc

Just a little thing I whipped up for myself that I thought I'd share.  Enter the size of your hard drive in BYTES and the stagger size in MEGABYTES and it will calculate the maximum number of nonces you can plot as well as estimate how much disk space will be 'wasted'.  Good for newbies who don't know how to calculate this, or for the lazy who don't want to. :-)
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 09:46:53 PM

but...
we are going to die?

The biggest project I think we need to stand out from POS?  Blockchain trimming.  Still no feasible solutions for a POS system.  I don't know if you guys realize just how big of a deal this is.. but it's a very big one.  Best case scenario a miner would have to download many gigabytes of trimmed blockchain using the current system.  POC miners can get started using on about 100kB even after a few years of blockchain.. and this could be traced back to the gensis for maximum trustlessness.  The ASIC resistance and other features of POC are pretty cool too.

Marketing?...

Differentiating factor: Proof of Capacity
What does it mean? Capacity for what?
Memory? Disk drive? See how this is ambiguous to a layperson?

"Burst"
What does it mean, or what is it? Has the bubble burst?

Algo name: Proof of Memory
Name: Driveshares

Obviously these are simply suggestions and other names may work, but the point is it's too technical for an average person to "get" right away, then it's too ambiguous somewhere for a layperson to "get" right away. Minor branding changes can make all the difference.

Memory and hard drive space are two completely different things. Proof of Capacity is much more true.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
bitladen

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 09:59:19 PM

finally some decent volume on the market. this may turn out well

riskyfire

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 10:05:00 PM

Do you have all your Burst on Poloniex ? Holding more back would help build confidence.

crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 10:21:33 PM

www.bsom.org/noncecalc

Just a little thing I whipped up for myself that I thought I'd share.  Enter the size of your hard drive in BYTES and the stagger size in MEGABYTES and it will calculate the maximum number of nonces you can plot as well as estimate how much disk space will be 'wasted'.  Good for newbies who don't know how to calculate this, or for the lazy who don't want to. :-)

Great, glad to see people developing little tools like this. Thank you!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
bitladen

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 10:47:40 PM

Do you have all your Burst on Poloniex ? Holding more back would help build confidence.

Nah, I have like 25% on Bittrex Tongue  I think I can trust them with 9 mil burst, better to be in the market than locked in the wallet

Why is it that everybody thinks that holding the coin is such a good thing?  
All coin should be traded. I made a lot of buys and sells on poloniex over the last months.

In fact that's why the price drops, if nobody makes trades, you are all bagholders. Everybody just trade some of your coins, 10% 20% of them, it's good that we see volume, let's make some more.

Pinecone

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 12:08:49 AM

Ugh,  Uray pulled his buy wall off of his BCPT asset and transferred all of his Burst to another account.  Looks like he has given up on the asset and I am stuck holding the bag on my BCPT assets, Sigh........
mczarnek

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 01:11:31 AM

Here's a topic to spark conversation:

Should Proof of Capacity be patented?

Burstdev seems to not be in favor of it.. so maybe it's a non-issue but I want to hear your thoughts.

I would patent it and for the sake of retaining decentralization, whoever owns the patent(I'm thinking an LLC we'd set-up), would create another legally binding document that says that Burst always has rights to use POC.  So the patent can't later be sold and be used by a patent troll against Burst.

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
bitladen

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 01:33:59 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2015, 01:52:56 AM by bitladen

Here's a topic to spark conversation:

Should Proof of Capacity be patented?

Burstdev seems to not be in favor of it.. so maybe it's a non-issue but I want to hear your thoughts.

I would patent it and for the sake of retaining decentralization, whoever owns the patent(I'm thinking an LLC we'd set-up), would create another legally binding document that says that Burst always has rights to use POC.  So the patent can't later be sold and be used by a patent troll against Burst.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, what are you smoking?
In the mean time, I'll patent the wheel.

Besides, how would you enforce such a thing? It's the internets here. Nobody cares about patents. And even if they do, just make a different PoC algorithm, big deal ...not to mention that you wouldn't have my support.

bitladen

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 02:30:50 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2015, 02:54:56 AM by bitladen

Erm... It's not just about selling, it's about buying too. Burst doesn't have enough demand to support everyone selling. If all the holders sold, the coin would crash. That's why it was so profitable for so long to mine, because a lot of people were holding. There is a LOT of Burst in circulation right now being held by people.

The coin price right now is what happens when the holders start selling. There isn't enough buyers. Selling and buying will just encourage more dumping unless you're buying more then you're selling.

Yes, people may leave the coin for another if there is more then one PoC coin. That's what happens when there are choices. It doesn't mean the coin is any less dead if another doesn't exist, it just means the technology has more then one home and wont die out with one coin (if the coin dies). Right now all the eggs are in one basket. Every major algo has more then one coin associated with it EXCEPT PoC.

Mining for the sake of 'security' is a self serving excuse. The coin would be fine without massive hash power much as it was before it had it. Also this is different from what you said a month ago when you were saying you hold all your coins and don't sell any. Perhaps the reason the market is crashing right now is because of you as I predicted a month ago? Burst was being propped up by a bunch of miners holding hands and not selling. You get one big miner who decides to start dumping and the coin goes with it. Good job bro.

You are a complete imbecile, and have no clue about cryptocoins.

If the coin right now had 3PB what would stop me from 51% attacking it? Certainly not the high profits I would make otherwise.  The miners need to get paid.
With no miners the coin is nowhere near fine, it's not even a coin, it's a fairy tale. Ok burst still has miners, but that's mainly because there is no other PoC out there yet.

I still hold 9 million. You are making more and more retarded claims. The market is crashing because of me? WOW. Where did that come from?
And you say the market is crashing NOW? Oh no, it's starting to be alive just now, it was dead for the past 2 months because of idiots holding to the coin, dreaming to become millionaires in 2020. They can afford to hold it though, they mined it for cheap. I will launch soon a new PoC coin with a fair block reward scheme.

But now with the recent volume on the market looks like there may still be hope for burst. Obviously, it is in my best interest that it rises.

And there are not enough buyers because there are not enough sellers. Nobody puts their money in a coin with 2 btc volume. Dump more coins and traders will join the party. Holding the coin does not make the price rise. Last 2 months illustrate this perfectly.

Why would anybody buy burst? Or dogecoin, or *coin.  Simple! to sell it for more, there's no other good reason. So in fact if you dump coins to traders, they have to do something about it, to sell it for more. That's the idea.

bitladen

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 02:41:30 AM

Because with the deflation rate in burst, it will die out anyway. As things are, there are big holders who mined many millions for cheap in the beginning. They can't dump all at once, there are not enough buy orders, they will even hold for a while, until the situation becomes hopeless, and then it will die, just like any other altcoin.

Plus that I'm only interested in the PoC, I prefer the cryptonote platform. Sure all that assets and stuff sound good, but let's face it BTC had success because of drug trading. Anonymity is needed in the cryptoworld. The very name crypto implies anonimity.

bitladen

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 03:00:20 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2015, 03:12:44 AM by bitladen

I think it's kinda backwards to implement anonymity with BURST, but CIYAM said it can be done with AT.

I offer a bounty: 1,000,000 BURST to anyone who implements anonymous transactions in BURST, and makes a simple enough interface for the average user.
Sure 1m burst is not all that much, and being a programmer myself, I understand that this won't be enough reward for the work, however I only hold 1% of the coins, other holders could join in, so we can make a big bounty.

Anonymity will give value to the coin, it would be a good reason to buy it and sell it, other than the usual pump and dump gamble. If you hold BURST, join me, let's pay CIYAM to do it

Pages: « 1 ... 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 [1036] 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: