Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:17:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 [1059] 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170602 times)
Karl Perkin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:05:49 AM

Hello again,

I forgot an idea of mine. If it's possible to have a newsletter send out automatically each time new content is available on the blog (or the site in general), I believe it could be very beneficial for our cause to get Burst in a larger extent noticed in media.

To get more noticed and with a higher volume on the exchanges is key if I'll invest substantially in the coin, despite all it promises and splendid features.

Until next time, warm regards,
Karl Perkin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Irontiga

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:25:14 AM

http://[Suspicious link removed]/1AYIu57

Seems to do that to bit.ly links...if that is one
Karl Perkin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 04:15:30 AM

Seems to do that to [Suspicious link removed] links...if that is one

My I ask why the link is suspicious? It directs to this blog post, but I found the URL a bit long for the my post:

http://burstcoin.info/blog/index.php?controller=post&action=view&id_post=3

Do you have a URL shortening service to recommend?

Regards,
Karl Perkin
Irontiga

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 04:57:42 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2015, 05:17:42 AM by Irontiga

Seems to do that to [Suspicious link removed] links...if that is one
My I ask why the link is suspicious? It directs to this blog post, but I found the URL a bit long for the my post:

This forum does that to the bit.ly stuff. I guess they can be used to hide a bad link.

Do you have a URL shortening service to recommend?

Dunno what the forum allows for....have u tried ow.ly?

http://ow.ly/O3sIE, yip, seems to work.

But anyway, here's a nice and short link of it: http://burstcoin.info/b/1
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 08:07:49 AM

Alright guys, I'm out. I finished selling off all my HDs of 100TB and I'm going back into GPU mining. I put alot of my eggs into one basket with this coin due to the uniqueness and market stability and that turned out to be a mistake, which was something I was contemplating at the time. This coin was being held together by the community not selling and at the time I got into it, there wasn't a big wig swinging around his hash dumping on the network whenever he feels like Burst needs to 'generate volume'.

As I hypothesized a few months ago Bitladen is going to destroy the coin. There isn't a large investor that doesn't want to keep reaping rewards.

ROI is just way too high right now and there is no way I can make anything close to what I paid for the HDs back anytime in the near future (>3 years). GPUs provide more opportunities and also resale. My HDs sold so easily because they are still under warranty, if they weren't it would be a completely different story.

I think PoC is a solid idea, but it needs multiple coins under its belt, flushed out development, more features, more solidified and easy to use mining experience, streamlined wallet, and dedicated development (NOT MARKETING). I think this is one of the few coins I've seen that has a huge marketing team and only one person on development who seems to do this as a side hobby.

Adding complications to all of this mining solo seems to generate less blocks (yes I have a statistical baseline for this now) then mining on a pool. I'm not exactly sure why this is, but it either means shenanigans are a foot or there is something wrong with the network. I've never received more coins then the calculator show (which should happen from time to time due to 'luck) and always have received less. I think I've always received ~80% of the coins I should each month on a pool and ~50% solo with optimized miners and <45s mine time. This gets a lot worse every time a new version of the coin comes out. The Blago miner is good for a solo dev project, but ultimately quite inferior to the DCCT miner which wont be ported to Windows for elitism sakes. This leaves anyone who is using it to suck up all the fastblocks effectively exponentially increasing mine yield for fast miners, specifically people using the software.

Further annoyances, the network continues to grow and not on a small and gradual level, someone is continually tacking PBs on the network which is making ROI, the market, and profit horrible.

I ended up taking about a 25% hit on my assets switching out of this coin through fees and depreciation, something to very much keep in mind.

Overall the experience here has been very positive and the community is quite helpful. It actually makes me feel bad leaving this coin, but hard choices. I really do hope the market rises and Burst becomes much more successful, but for me as a miner and a investor it's not working. The risk is far too great and the outlook is bleak. Much luck to you guys in the future, maybe I'll be back... But I've been through a lot of coins before I came here and I'm sure many more after I leave.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
Klarisskin

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 09:08:32 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2015, 09:43:20 AM by Klarisskin

I can't connect to http://cryptomining.farm/. It seems there is a problem with DNS - the name doesn't resolve.
Turn0ff

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

For Sell

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 10:31:10 AM

<snip>

Thank you Smiley

I tweet about BURST @ https://twitter.com/Turn0ff_tweets/with_replies Follow and retweet if you like the focus Smiley
bitladen

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 12:06:28 PM

As I hypothesized a few months ago Bitladen is going to destroy the coin. There isn't a large investor that doesn't want to keep reaping rewards.

I'm sorry, but this remains a hypothesis. How did I destroy the coin?
Instead of coming up with this nonsense, why did you not support my idea of increasing the block reward? It's clearly what the coin needs.
You are making this statement today, by quitting it. The reward is not enough. By now the hashrate should have reached 50PB, but the current block value is not supporting this, and it keeps decreasing, both the block reward value and the coin value.
Nobody has even bothered making some buy orders. No wonder it's going down. Everybody held till they can hold no more then dumped and withdrawed.

I could port the dcct tools to windows. In fact blago is dcct port, but very cheesy and buggy. I can do a proper one, it's not too much trouble.  But since nobody here is supporting me, don't blaim me for not contributing.

koko2530

Activity: 397

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 12:13:24 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2015, 02:16:04 PM by koko2530

I can't connect to http://cryptomining.farm/. It seems there is a problem with DNS - the name doesn't resolve.

Is down ... you can try connect on http://pool.burstcoin.sk and later switch back on http://cryptomining.farm/

please move to http://pool.cryptomining.farm

riskyfire

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 03:07:27 PM

Instead of coming up with this nonsense, why did you not support my idea of increasing the block reward? It's clearly what the coin needs.
You are making this statement today, by quitting it. The reward is not enough. By now the hashrate should have reached 50PB, but the current block value is not supporting this, and it keeps decreasing, both the block reward value and the coin value.
Nobody has even bothered making some buy orders. No wonder it's going down. Everybody held till they can hold no more then dumped and withdrawed.

I could port the dcct tools to windows. In fact blago is dcct port, but very cheesy and buggy. I can do a proper one, it's not too much trouble.  But since nobody here is supporting me, don't blaim me for not contributing.

If you stop dumping on Poloniex every single day the price will have a chance of increasing.

Increasing the block reward won't help at all, because you'll just sell all of that too.

Why don't you save or invest in assets little bit like the rest of us?
All I see is take, take, take and a little bit of talk, I think it's time for you to actually give a little bit back!

Why are you even here, you clearly don't need the money?

Cobra

Activity: 289

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 04:01:19 PM

I have mined burst from the beginning and have enjoyed seeing the ecosystem evolve with better miners, plotters, and assets but in the bigger picture it feels like one area of concern is a disconnect with what is happening with the longterm development and marketing plans to move it forward. Maybe I am missing a blog or news section somewhere where these things are listed.

It does not help matters with the Dev being very much disengaged from the community and/or very infrequent posts to this thread.

Is there a timeline for POC2 where HD space can be utilized?  Siacoin just came out this week where you can mine with GPU and pay for decentralized storage.  This is not to mention Storj and Maidsafe which will be coming to market later this year which will really make Burst irrelevant.  In the current state of Burst i see it struggling to compete with these other solutions that make use of the storage space instead of simply fill it with nonces to hash on.

Props to crowetic for all he has done for Burst, this would probably be completely dead if he was not here.
bitladen

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 05:25:14 PM

Note it doesn't nessecarily have to be one word.. could be POHD.. proof of hard drive.  Or Proof of drive capacity or something.  Just something to think about.

and if they do change the name, does that mean that you're going to make a whale pump, straight up?

q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 05:57:44 PM

and the block reward decreased, Reward 5,987 Burst , it is perfect

in general many miners, utilize CPU cores for BURST while at the same time mining GPU coins in parallel , there is some cost in terms of GPU hash resolution as  byproduct but not dramatic

network hash capacity is holding nicely, wide distribution of coins is occurring across the board

we briefly touched 25 peta network size (estimated) all of you should check VERT as an example for what can happen at any time
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 07:15:10 PM

in general many miners, utilize CPU cores for BURST while at the same time mining GPU coins in parallel , there is some cost in terms of GPU hash resolution as  byproduct but not dramatic

network hash capacity is holding nicely, wide distribution of coins is occurring across the board

we briefly touched 25 peta network size (estimated) all of you should check VERT as an example for what can happen at any time

and price continues to slump ... awesome! Thanks dumpers!

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
Turn0ff

For Sell

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 12:03:38 AM

<snip>

Props to crowetic for all he has done for Burst, this would probably be completely dead if he was not here.

I know I'm new here but I read almost the whole thread and browsed the forum.

Yes, props to crowetic, no question about that. I do think there are more people who helped save and/or develop Burst into what it became (uray, Wulfcastle, dcct - just to name a few), and lately vbcs and CIYAM developers, who actually implemented something absolutely groundbreaking (but a lot must have gone severely wrong regarding PR - the "press release" is not even a press release and it wasn't spread).

Today we have some problems. I think mmmaybe have presented the best analysis of the situation here in a post critical both of his own role and the community's.

I will quote two of his points (the other two are more of his own failures).

3) Lack of community involvement. Early on the BURST community was awesome, doing all kind of things, like creating tools and improving the infrastructure of the coin. It was an exiting time.  Smiley But things changed. Less people contributed "voluntarily" to protect their BURST investments, probably thinking someone else would do it or they just selling those "free HDD coins".

It is of utterly importance that a wider part of the community gets active to be able move BURST in the desired direction.

Fortunately enough, a lot of the things that are required is mostly easy things, like building an attractive FB page, contribute with possible topics to tweet about, arrange a thunderclap, do fun stuff to get attention, working on an new and improved OP, or using your social network to try to get more devs on-board. Sure, the PR Team today is relatively large but the members are recruited for their special skills and work on quite restricted projects. BURST is nothing without the community helping each other out instead of have seemingly endless personal vendettas.

2) Lack of funding. I used to be against all forms of pre-mining and IPO/ICOs. The fact that BURST was "clean" in this respect was one important reason that I got involved in the first place. Today I think differently, although not completely the opposite. To develop a coin technically and at the same time be able to do decent promotional work does, simply, require some sort of funding. The PR team has asked for donations and ran an AT to get the means for improving our PR efforts; however positive it is in one aspect, a sad and troublesome fact is that we now have more than 20,000 registered BURST accounts while only a handful from the community have contributed in a substantial way to the funding (and ironically, the main contributers are found in the PR team).

I fully understand that not everyone can donate 1mil or 500K, but small sums like 500 or 1K BURST from like 18,000 community members is not unreasonable to ask from a miner to further develop this great project. The Team clearly haven't been able to explain the importance of funding and what "micro-payments" can achieve. To spread a single press release in a proper and efficient way costs several hundreds dollars. Hence, the Team, and I had an important role in this, have failed also here.

Basically, it is up to us. We can't ask the devs and the PR Team to do everything. Burst needs us, both for voluntary work and, what he calls, "micro-payments" (preferably in BTC). Burst has so many holders, yet are the only a dozen doing work and regularly donates.

It's like the rest just mines and think the technology itself will bring Burst to 2000 satoshi. The technological breakthrough with ACCT proves this is not the case, technology itself will not bring Burst anywhere. Burst needs funding to do promotional work and be active on the markets (buy wall).

The idea with micro-payments is fine, many raindrops will eventually create a lake. So lets try that Smiley

Can't someone in the PR team post the donation addresses and everyone of us donates some mBTC or satoshis for Burst. I think the coin has so much potential we should try it!

We should not forget 3) of mmmaybe's points. Those who can't donate may contribute with ideas and some work.

If I may come with an own suggestion here I think Burst really needs an idea of where we want to go and how. I think it is important to create a roadmap, where the items are ranked due to their importance (creating the roadmap would be no. 1).

This has been mentioned before. However, as I understand the dev teams use the Slack platform for their work, which is like IRC 3.0. I would suggest open one channel up for every community member who wish to contribute. As we live all around the world, such a channel could prove very active.

To create a vital coin is not to organize a P&D, just to make quick money. Without a main funder, we need to "create" Burst by many, many, many small donations and our joint work force, directed by the dev-teams.

To try this out is not hard: everyone supporting the coin could have the donation address in their sigs and remind each other to donate, say, every week; and as I understand Slack, it's not difficult to create an open channel for brainstorming and organize work on simple projects.

That's my two cents.

My one cent goes to the webmaster of burstcoin.info: Please do not code all by yourself, use a platform with some nice template. Those can be customized nicely, but foremost Burst would get a funny functional and easy-to-update site in a day or two. That the coin does not, after soon one year running, a proper site is just silly. No hard feelings here I hope, I only thinking about benefits for the coin. If I was in charge, I would also merge the excellent burstcoin.eu and burstforum.com with the mainsite, but that might not be possible.

Thanks if you read it all  Embarrassed

I tweet about BURST @ https://twitter.com/Turn0ff_tweets/with_replies Follow and retweet if you like the focus Smiley
Irontiga

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 12:27:52 AM

My one cent goes to the webmaster of burstcoin.info: Please do not code all by yourself, use a platform with some nice template. Those can be customized nicely, but foremost Burst would get a funny functional and easy-to-update site in a day or two. That the coin does not, after soon one year running, a proper site is just silly. No hard feelings here I hope, I only thinking about benefits for the coin. If I was in charge, I would also merge the excellent burstcoin.eu and burstforum.com with the mainsite, but that might not be possible.

Can we talk on irc? #burst-coin on freenode
IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 04:41:11 AM

Great example. VTC was stuck forever around 2-3k sats, then BOOM! price jump and it's being traded with exuberance on exchanges.  I know a lot of people here are holding bags, and I'd imagine that if the price were to jump just a couple hundred sats, trading would pick up in earnest again.

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:52:04 AM

Basically, it is up to us. We can't ask the devs and the PR Team to do everything. Burst needs us, both for voluntary work and, what he calls, "micro-payments" (preferably in BTC). Burst has so many holders, yet are the only a dozen doing work and regularly donates.

Coins are built on the shoulders of developers. Marketing DOESN'T MATTER. Hype DOESN'T MATTER if there is no investment and no active development. Everyone likes pointing fingers, but the marketing team has apparently been going strong for months and all that's happened is the market has went down. This isn't like marketing a box of cereal to America. It has core problems that I already mentioned.

I think PoC is a solid idea, but it needs multiple coins under its belt, flushed out development, more features, more solidified and easy to use mining experience, streamlined wallet, and dedicated development (NOT MARKETING).

You get a 'coin' or algo out there by having multiple coins. Miners are the first step to a bigger coin because they mine it and people talk about it. Can you rent rigs on MMR for Burst? No... Can you use a distributed mining pool for Burst? Nope...

Donations should've been better spent on hiring developers to flush out the coin. The community can do it's own marketing.

Great example. VTC was stuck forever around 2-3k sats, then BOOM! price jump and it's being traded with exuberance on exchanges.  I know a lot of people here are holding bags, and I'd imagine that if the price were to jump just a couple hundred sats, trading would pick up in earnest again.

Vert switched to lyra2re. Same thing happens to pretty much every coin that switches to a better algo when it happens. Once again a development feature.

As I already mentioned, there should be a GPU assisted miner for getting mine times down to <5s. This coins is very, very CPU dependent for something that's supposed to be HD dependent (I already mentioned this multiple times).

I could port the dcct tools to windows. In fact blago is dcct port, but very cheesy and buggy. I can do a proper one, it's not too much trouble.  But since nobody here is supporting me, don't blaim me for not contributing.

People DID support you for a bit, then it became clear you're bombing the network and dumping on poloniex. The whole dumping shit show started a little bit after you showed up.

And you can say 'oh I'll do this or that, but since you guys don't like me I'm not going to', when truth be told you've been here a long time and never once ported DCCT nor ever seemed willing to do so. That was just as self-serving statement designed to make someone feel guilty about pointing out what you're doing. Heck people practically had to beg you to get you to state littles 'niggles' there were wrong with Blagos.

This isn't a coin big enough to support the weight of a huge investment miner, it never has been. Buy some ASICs and get into mining BTC bro.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 08:15:10 AM

no need to worry, why ? because if people would not see the future here they would disconnect their tera drives and move on, meantime network capacity could rival some data centers  Cool

late night all because VERT dynamics woke me uo
Turn0ff

For Sell

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 12:06:38 PM

http://burstcoin.sk

some news:
Website updated for mobile devices ... not perfect but functional  Wink
Fixed link to facebook page https://www.facebook.com/burstcoin.sk
Added mining pools url adress

Thank you for your work!  Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 [1059] 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: