Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:37:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 [971] 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170603 times)
bitladen

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:30:40 PM

to what you have ported the dcct miner?
if you say windows i would have to ask how old you are cause nobody wants to run that size of storage windows based Roll Eyes

Red Star OS, obviously
take care for your private keys. may be possible that the northern american agencies seeded exploits into Red Star OS  Cool

ok, I'll switch to talibanix

bobafett

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:32:11 PM

Blago miner works also great for me. Cant understand the critism...

Perhaps bin should post some more detail things than this unconctete words.
bitladen

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:40:42 PM

Blago miner works also great for me. Cant understand the critism...

Perhaps bin should post some more detail things than this unconctete words.

bob? what's up buddy? feeling neglected, because I haven't replied to you.
unconcrete? is that even a word?
I just gave you one of the bugs above, how's that inconcrete?
It's quite easy to figure out what's wrong with that, let's see how long it takes Blago to do it. The hard part was finding it, which I did

mmmaybe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 08:48:19 PM

Still badly but a bit a Twitter frenzy brought us over 750 followers.

https://twitter.com/real_BURSTCOIN/with_replies

If you have ideas or news you think we can tweet about, feel free to email burst@countermail or just send of PM. Plz remember that I'm still behind on burst work though.

mmmaybe

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 08:51:03 PM

Infidels! why you think /bin/laden is cheat? me no cheat my friend, me high-performance.

Soon, you will all be able to join the Al-Shabal Burstcorrist Mining Camp, where I'm willing to share my mining software with you.
Nope, it's not the nodejs uray burst-pool.
and NOOO, it's not the blago miner, I made proper port of the dcct-miner, for windos. And an optimized plotter, like 15% faster.
Let's just say, amongst other many other bugs that {char blago[50]; return blago;} is just not right. OK? I see Blago commented on me

Peace be upon you!

I can say this... ever since I saw /bin/laden, I loved this guy. As long as you don't crash the market, I'm cool with whatever you do. haha.

I could use a new plotter. Wink

crash the market? you crazy?
let's pump it up

How do you think we increase the value to BURST?

bitladen

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:53:13 PM

Infidels! why you think /bin/laden is cheat? me no cheat my friend, me high-performance.

Soon, you will all be able to join the Al-Shabal Burstcorrist Mining Camp, where I'm willing to share my mining power with you.
and NOOO, it's not the blago miner, I made proper port of the dcct-miner, for windos. And an optimized plotter, like 15% faster.
Let's just say, amongst many other bugs, that {char blago[50]; return blago;} is just not right. OK? I see Blago commented on me

Peace be upon you!

I can say this... ever since I saw /bin/laden, I loved this guy. As long as you don't crash the market, I'm cool with whatever you do. haha.

let's pump it up

"We increase", as in present tense. I see it's DEcreasing, I don't think you're increasing it at all. So, do we do the pump or not?

mmmaybe

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 09:35:34 PM

Soon, you will all be able to join the Al-Shabal Burstcorrist Mining Camp, where I'm willing to share my mining power with you.
Let's just say, amongst many other bugs, that {char blago[50]; return blago;} is just not right. OK? I see Blago commented on me

Peace be upon you!

let's pump it up

"We increase", as in present tense. I see it's DEcreasing, I don't think you're increasing it at all. So, do we do the pump or not?

Sorry for my language skills.

How do you think we will/can increase the value to BURST in the future?

IF you by pump (and dump) mean the ordinary thing, that's not very interesting for me... Are you in BURST only short term?

crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 09:38:54 PM

Let us hope he's here on BURST's side, hoping it will make him a millionaire like so many of us. Smiley

let us hope he believes in the tech.

(I don't mind windows, btw.)

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Irontiga

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:41:06 PM

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7739051&CatId=4230

good price Wink
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:45:34 PM

Not really

Bitladen please do us all a favor, set ur farm on fire and go away.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 09:52:09 PM

yea, he's right, tiga. That price isn't very good, I can get them at a local Costco for 129.

I think Bitladen is alright, what's wrong with him?

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
bitladen

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 10:17:11 PM

Peace be upon you!

let's pump it up

IF you by pump (and dump) mean the ordinary thing, that's not very interesting for me... Are you in BURST only short term?

No worries about your English, but I actually thought you were saying just that ;P

There's nothing wrong with pumping. What I mean, is that the price is low right now, yet I see no big buy orders. If we all want it to rise, we should have faith in it, put many orders there, either we get real cheap coins, or the price will rise, we like both scenarios, right? I mine like what 25 blocks a day? the remaining 215 is mined by you guys. Let's all chip in, put some orders and I'll join with 10%.
Most altcoins are pretty useless, their only usefulness is trading, burst is no different. so we don't need to be ashamed. that itself gives value to the coin. 980 page forum, also does, being listed on poloniex as well.  However, 3 BTC volume and 8 BTC in the order book DOESN'T. And then there are the traders who (THANKFULLY!) bought many coins well above 150. They will have to join in as well, and they can't really dump it to us, since they will be losing on it.
Having an USD exchange [yea right Smiley ...at least for now] would further add to it's value. Then the ability to transfer money with it would give it value, like with BTC and LTC

With BURST the only interesting thing is the mining algorithm. I am thinking of making a CryptoNote fork with this algorithm. Let me know who's in this with me?
CryptoNote is way better, it is a distributed trustless coin mixer.  Right now there's Monero but it's pretty hard for the average user to actually use it as a mixer , but with a few tweaks I can make something usable out of it.  So having the ability to mix, is also a thing that gives value.

And my final point is that all coins suffer from the deflationary model. Wait WHAT?? But we all thought this was good?!!
I've been into mining for over an year now, believe me I've seen this happen over and over. The thing with the decreasing block reward is that there will be many coins emitted at very low hashpower, that eventually get dumped to a very low price where new coins will just be unprofitable to mine. What I mean is, that if somebody bought (or mined) cheap coins, they have control over the coin cheaply, they have a shitload of coins, ready to dump at any moment when they feel like the coin is going south. The only reason they're not dumping is because they can't possibly dump them all at once. That's why all coins eventually go down.

Instead what I propose is that the block reward should be proportional to the hashpower that was put in it. Say right now we have 12PB, we can measure it like we do with electricity, say PBh, PetaByte-Hour. And just as an example we could give 1 coin for each TBh that went into mining that particular block.  (it's simple math, no rocket science there)

This makes perfect sense. Say if we would all be into farming wheat instead, for some amount of seeds we plant we know we expect to harvest 1 ton of flour. This will always stay more or less the same, no matter how many people will farm in the future, or have farmed in the past. Why not have the same principle for coins?

Ok, so now you ask, why would somebody invest, if infinite coins are emitted. Simple, a ton of flour is still a ton of flour, and anyone can find out exactly what it costs to produce one, and as with any commodity, the price will fluctuate, hence the possibility to profit does exist. However we will be less likely to have any brutal pump and dumps. Also instead of paying tx fees, we can burn the coins when transactions are made, to compensate the infinite emission of coins. And being a cryptonote mixer, transactions is what we like to have, it draws value from that. We can also implement a thing where you can't keep an input for more than a month without transferring it, this also serves our mixing purposes well. We do need many transactions to mix our coins with, if we like to have a good anonymity.

Any constructive comments are welcome

Irontiga

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 10:26:26 PM

yea, he's right, tiga. That price isn't very good, I can get them at a local Costco for 129.

I think Bitladen is alright, what's wrong with him?

It is a good price for me....
DazzlinDave™

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 10:36:31 PM

Blago, I'm getting " JSON format error " when trying your new miner.
Any ideas?
Thanks !!

There's a typo in your miner.conf. Post the contents ans someone will help you find it.

H.

validator http://jsonlint.com/

{
    "Mode": "pool",
    "Server": "burst.ninja",
    "Port": 80,
    "SendBestOnly": true,
    "SendInterval": 200,
    "TargetDeadline": 3000000,
    "UseFastRcv": false,
    "UpdaterAddr": "burst.ninja",
    "UpdaterPort": 80,
    "UpdateInterval": 2000,
    "ShowWinner": true,
    "InfoAddr": "burst.ninja",
    "InfoPort": 8125,
    "EnableProxy": false,
    "ProxyPort": 8126,
    "Paths": [
        "F:\\plots\\optimized",
        "H:\\plots\\optimized",
        "I:\\plots\\optimized",
        "Z:\\plots\\optimized",
    ],
    "SkipBadPlots": false,
    "CacheSize": 100000,
    "UseSorting": true,
    "UseCleanMem": true,
    "Debug": true,
    "UseLog": true,
    "ShowMsg": false,
    "ShowUpdates": false
}

delete red comma

Thankyou...that worked the charm. Smiley
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 10:37:26 PM

Peace be upon you!

let's pump it up

No worries about your English, but I actually thought you were saying just that ;P

There's nothing wrong with pumping. What I mean, is that the price is low right now, yet I see no big buy orders. If we all want it to rise, we should have faith in it, put many orders there, either we get real cheap coins, or the price will rise, we like both scenarios, right? I mine like what 25 blocks a day? the remaining 215 is mined by you guys. Let's all chip in, put some orders and I'll join with 10%.
Most altcoins are pretty useless, their only usefulness is trading, burst is no different. so we don't need to be ashamed. that itself gives value to the coin. 980 page forum, also does, being listed on poloniex as well.  However, 3 BTC volume and 8 BTC in the order book DOESN'T. And then there are the traders who (THANKFULLY!) bought many coins well above 150. They will have to join in as well, and they can't really dump it to us, since they will be losing on it.
Having an USD exchange [yea right Smiley ...at least for now] would further add to it's value. Then the ability to transfer money with it would give it value, like with BTC and LTC

With BURST the only interesting thing is the mining algorithm. I am thinking of making a CryptoNote fork with this algorithm. Let me know who's in this with me?
CryptoNote is way better, it is a distributed trustless coin mixer.  Right now there's Monero but it's pretty hard for the average user to actually use it as a mixer , but with a few tweaks I can make something usable out of it.  So having the ability to mix, is also a thing that gives value.

And my final point is that all coins suffer from the deflationary model. Wait WHAT?? But we all thought this was good?!!
I've been into mining for over an year now, believe me I've seen this happen over and over. The thing with the decreasing block reward is that there will be many coins emitted at very low hashpower, that eventually get dumped to a very low price where new coins will just be unprofitable to mine. What I mean is, that if somebody bought (or mined) cheap coins, they have control over the coin cheaply, they have a shitload of coins, ready to dump at any moment when they feel like the coin is going south. The only reason they're not dumping is because they can't possibly dump them all at once. That's why all coins eventually go down.

Instead what I propose is that the block reward should be proportional to the hashpower that was put in it. Say right now we have 12PB, we can measure it like we do with electricity, say PBh, PetaByte-Hour. And just as an example we could give 1 coin for each TBh that went into mining that particular block.  (it's simple math, no rocket science there)

This makes perfect sense. Say if we would all be into farming wheat instead, for some amount of seeds we plant we know we expect to harvest 1 ton of flour. This will always stay more or less the same, no matter how many people will farm in the future, or have farmed in the past. Why not have the same principle for coins?

Ok, so now you ask, why would somebody invest, if infinite coins are emitted. Simple, a ton of flour is still a ton of flour, and anyone can find out exactly what it costs to produce one, and as with any commodity, the price will fluctuate, hence the possibility to profit does exist. However we will be less likely to have any brutal pump and dumps. Also instead of paying tx fees, we can burn the coins when transactions are made, to compensate the infinite emission of coins. And being a cryptonote mixer, transactions is what we like to have, it draws value from that. We can also implement a thing where you can't keep an input for more than a month without transferring it, this also serves our mixing purposes well. We do need many transactions to mix our coins with, if we like to have a good anonymity.

There are many interesting aspects of BURST, I think that instead of making a new coin, we should continue to add features to this coin. We already have ATs, and the ability to do ACCTs with any other coin with ATs, so IMO what we need is other coins to add ATs, then we don't need to worry about a coin mixer, because we can just use the monero blockchain if we care about mixing.

We can already do so much more than other coins, Marketplace, asset exchange, automated transactions, hard drive mining. BURST is already the most technically advanced coin. Why not just keep imrpoving it?

my two BURST.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
bitladen

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 10:45:50 PM

There are many interesting aspects of BURST, I think that instead of making a new coin, we should continue to add features to this coin. We already have ATs, and the ability to do ACCTs with any other coin with ATs, so IMO what we need is other coins to add ATs, then we don't need to worry about a coin mixer, because we can just use the monero blockchain if we care about mixing.

We can already do so much more than other coins, Marketplace, asset exchange, automated transactions, hard drive mining. BURST is already the most technically advanced coin. Why not just keep imrpoving it?

my two BURST.

Well I dunno, I'm more on the anonymity side of things, that's why I like CryptoNote, but you have a point BURST is also interesting.
I also have an idea how a trustless exchange can be implemented in the coin. Relying on exchanges is not the best idea ever Smiley There have been already too many losses because of this, plus that pretty much exchange owners decide which coins are good and which are not, they're vulnerable to authorities, etc. Oh yeah, and p2p trustless exchange goes hand in hand with anonymous transactions.

Anyway, I will probably release some sources (miner and pool) at some point, so you won't say forever that I'm not contributing to the coin. Though I already have, my hashpower makes it more difficult to get coins, and my coins are not dumping. But the price isn't rising, I need more hashpower. Or let's just put the buy orders there, come on. It's gonna keep falling if we dont

PS:
I think CryptoNote is the most advanced, but yes NXT also brings some interesting things, perhaps the 2 technologies mixed together somehow, would be the most advanced

Irontiga

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 10:52:00 PM

Most altcoins are pretty useless, their only usefulness is trading, burst is no different. so we don't need to be ashamed. that itself gives value to the coin. 980 page forum, also does, being listed on poloniex as well.  However, 3 BTC volume and 8 BTC in the order book DOESN'T. And then there are the traders who (THANKFULLY!) bought many coins well above 150. They will have to join in as well, and they can't really dump it to us, since they will be losing on it.

CryptoNote is way better, it is a distributed trustless coin mixer.  Right now there's Monero but it's pretty hard for the average user to actually use it as a mixer , but with a few tweaks I can make something usable out of it.  So having the ability to mix, is also a thing that gives value.

Instead what I propose is that the block reward should be proportional to the hashpower that was put in it. Say right now we have 12PB, we can measure it like we do with electricity, say PBh, PetaByte-Hour. And just as an example we could give 1 coin for each TBh that went into mining that particular block.  (it's simple math, no rocket science there)

Sorry, i'm a terrible writer but...

[Constructive criticism]

I fully disagree with constant hashrate block reward. Gold has value because it is hard to mine, and is limited. It also has physical value. USD, well, it has no value other than perceived value. It can only come from one source.

BTC is worth a lot because of the fact that it is limited. Wow man, it's not like with wheat at all. Wheat will always take up a few square cm's of soil to grow. You simply can't just make the wheat more compact. It requires effort and good weather to grow. Also, it is used up. Whenever we grow wheat, we eat it. BTC, well, every btc out there is still there. It will never disappear. Constant hashes block reward is useless IMO.

Burst has only mined 1/4 of all coins, but I do agree that perhaps 5% a month is not a perfect amount(I think the main thing is 10k was a little high to start).

BTC's biggest flaw is that it is ASIC prone.  There is nothing worng with asics, but the thing is, every new asic makes an old asic useless. This is wasteful. Burst however, nothing like that(you have already expressed that the algo is good, so won't dwell here).

As for it "Just being an alt"....couldn't agree less. Burst has alot of features which could see it as the standard way of trading all over the world. Mixing I think would be easy with an AT, and it would be trustless. No need for another coin.

The AE helps Burst to have a consistent value, as it provides a sort of reserve for the coin. A company listed can't be removed, and so provides always buy pressure. I believe we should market our AE way better.

I will probably built a payment processor for Burst soon....if no one else beats me to it, and Crowetic and I are brainstorming ideas on an online store to accept Burst, but in a way which would not require that we back every purchase(to prevent dumping). If we achieve this there will be a good reason to hold and spend Burst. There are a lot of products which could easily be offered, including web design, graphic design etc. (shouldn't be too hard finding people to work for the store).

ATM i suppose I just am worried that there are so few AE options, which causes a problem with trust. I suggest everyone with a good idea list an asset for it. NXT hasn't got an issue with this, they've got quite a few lovely assets(even coffee shops Wink )

[/criticism]

Now people, let's push burst forward!!! Rather than worry about price, rather push new features, make use of our ae and smart contracts, and give donations to the devs and PR efforts.

P.S. A USD exchange would be damn kewl, perhaps a little early, but burst has everything it needs to take over btc, with some of the new features which are coming ready to take over USD as well.

P.S.S The HardStaker thing is pretty kewl, as long as there is an easy backup ofption(didn't read a lot sorry), but if i can easily hand a freind a little card(encrypted) which he can then look after for me in case my place burns down, i'd be damn happy Cheesy
bitladen

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:25:00 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2015, 11:42:45 PM by bitladen

[Constructive criticism]
GOOD! though I don't agree with you, but let's debate it a bit.
And let me make the point that I am essentially supporting BURST, but pointing out why it seems to be failing right now. That's why I'm thinking about new ideas to implement in coins.

I fully disagree with constant hashrate block reward. Gold has value because it is hard to mine, and is limited. It also has physical value. USD, well, it has no value other than perceived value. It can only come from one source.

Gold has value because there's a demand for it. The limited supply obviously comes into play, but without the demand it would be worthless. I think there are many things that are hard to get, and yet they have no value.

With the gold example, take into account that you need to spend some money on security, it's not like you can have a ton of gold in your living room, tell everybody about it, and have expectations not to get killed. With BTC, that security comes from the miners, it's really bizarre to me how it can be provided for just the 25 btc reward.

BTC is worth a lot because of the fact that it is limited.
Are you certain of this? My view is that it has value because people use it to transfer money, somewhat anonymously. ...(to buy drugs Smiley, which is a billion dollar business)

Wow man, it's not like with wheat at all. Wheat will always take up a few square cm's of soil to grow. You simply can't just make the wheat more compact. It requires effort and good weather to grow. Also, it is used up. Whenever we grow wheat, we eat it.
Well, mining blocks takes TeraBytes of good hard drives, you simply cant make them any more compact (not overnight anyway), and you need a bit of good luck with the deadlines too.
Using it up, I already made that point. Burn coins when tx is made. Burn even more coins when old inputs are used in transactions. Like wheat, I don't think 100 year old wheat is any good. lol.

BTC, well, every btc out there is still there. It will never disappear. Constant hashes block reward is useless IMO.
BTC may just not always be there, if nobody's mining 51% attack will happen, and kaboom. That's why we have to give incentive to miners. I am truly amazed that mining pools didn't start raising the tx fees for which they process. Somehow mining might still be profitable. I really don't get it, I wouldn't invest in ASIC or cex.io shares etc.

Burst has only mined 1/4 of all coins, but I do agree that perhaps 5% a month is not a perfect amount(I think the main thing is 10k was a little high to start).
Kinda pump-and-dumpish. Though not the worst out there Smiley Yea with btc that's why it's good, because it decreases a lot more slowly. But the theory was that it would drive prices up and increase tx fees. At least the part with tx fees we didnt really see.  But ultimately this deflationary model was good for advertising, get all the trader-invester-gamblers in there, get the ball rolling. But then that was with bitcoin, maybe we can do better nowadays.

BTC's biggest flaw is that it is ASIC prone.  There is nothing worng with asics, but the thing is, every new asic makes an old asic useless. This is wasteful. Burst however, nothing like that(you have already expressed that the algo is good, so won't dwell here).
the best take on an anti-gpu solution I've seen so far. most gpu-resistant coins go to hell when gpu miner is released. even at like 4x advantage.  it's like the gpu guys already are in the hole after the asics came, and then the scrypt asics came, and now they must be stealing electricity, and they already have the hardware, otherwise they'd be losing money on it really.

As for it "Just being an alt"....couldn't agree less. Burst has alot of features which could see it as the standard way of trading all over the world. Mixing I think would be easy with an AT, and it would be trustless. No need for another coin.

The AE helps Burst to have a consistent value, as it provides a sort of reserve for the coin. A company listed can't be removed, and so provides always buy pressure. I believe we should market our AE way better.

Forgive my ignorance, what is AT, AE, and how exactly would you implement trustless mixing, have you thought about it? As I suggested earlier, BURST with trustless mixing would be something of my liking, I'd code that, but how exactly do we do it?

I will probably built a payment processor for Burst soon....if no one else beats me to it, and Crowetic and I are brainstorming ideas on an online store to accept Burst, but in a way which would not require that we back every purchase(to prevent dumping). If we achieve this there will be a good reason to hold and spend Burst. There are a lot of products which could easily be offered, including web design, graphic design etc. (shouldn't be too hard finding people to work for the store).

ATM i suppose I just am worried that there are so few AE options, which causes a problem with trust. I suggest everyone with a good idea list an asset for it. NXT hasn't got an issue with this, they've got quite a few lovely assets(even coffee shops Wink )

[/criticism]

Now people, let's push burst forward!!! Rather than worry about price, rather push new features, make use of our ae and smart contracts, and give donations to the devs and PR efforts.

P.S. A USD exchange would be damn kewl, perhaps a little early, but burst has everything it needs to take over btc, with some of the new features which are coming ready to take over USD as well.

P.S.S The HardStaker thing is pretty kewl, as long as there is an easy backup ofption(didn't read a lot sorry), but if i can easily hand a freind a little card(encrypted) which he can then look after for me in case my place burns down, i'd be damn happy Cheesy

Well, what I dislike about burst is the lack of anonymity
I might be wrong about the deflationary model, but I guess we should go back to this discussion a few month later. That's my prediction, that's why I'm thinking of ways to mitigate the problem, otherwise I'd just mine it and wouldn't worry about a thing.

PS:  In a way you're right about wheat, these coins more like marijuana... my bad Smiley
PS(2): better yet. you grow WEED, you get HASH

Irontiga

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:56:06 PM

[Constructive criticism]
GOOD! though I don't agree with you, but let's debate it a bit.
And let me make the point that I am essentially supporting BURST, but pointing out why it seems to be failing right now. That's why I'm thinking about new ideas to implement in coins.

Gold has value because there's a demand for it. The limited supply obviously comes into play, but without the demand it would be worthless. I think there are many things that are hard to get, and yet they have no value.

With the gold example, take into account that you need to spend some money on security, it's not like you can have a ton of gold in your living room, tell everybody about it, and have expectations not to get killed. With BTC, that security comes from the miners, it's really bizarre to me how it can be provided for just the 25 btc reward.

BTC is worth a lot because of the fact that it is limited.
Are you certain of this? My view is that it has value because people use it to transfer money, somewhat anonymously. ...(to buy drugs Smiley, which is a billion dollar business)

Wow man, it's not like with wheat at all. Wheat will always take up a few square cm's of soil to grow. You simply can't just make the wheat more compact. It requires effort and good weather to grow. Also, it is used up. Whenever we grow wheat, we eat it.
Well, mining blocks takes TeraBytes of good hard drives, you simply cant make them any more compact (not overnight anyway), and you need a bit of good luck with the deadlines too.
Using it up, I already made that point. Burn coins when tx is made. Burn even more coins when old inputs are used in transactions. Like wheat, I don't think 100 year old wheat is any good. lol.

BTC, well, every btc out there is still there. It will never disappear. Constant hashes block reward is useless IMO.
BTC may just not always be there, if nobody's mining 51% attack will happen, and kaboom. That's why we have to give incentive to miners. I am truly amazed that mining pools didn't start raising the tx fees for which they process. Somehow mining might still be profitable. I really don't get it, I wouldn't invest in ASIC or cex.io shares etc.

Kinda pump-and-dumpish. Though not the worst out there Smiley Yea with btc that's why it's good, because it decreases a lot more slowly. But the theory was that it would drive prices up and increase tx fees. At least the part with tx fees we didnt really see.  But ultimately this deflationary model was good for advertising, get all the trader-invester-gamblers in there, get the ball rolling. But then that was with bitcoin, maybe we can do better nowadays.

the best take on an anti-gpu solution I've seen so far. most gpu-resistant coins go to hell when cpu miner is released. even at like 4x advantage.  it's like the gpu guys already are in the hole after the asics came, and then the scrypt asics came, and now they must be stealing electricity, and they already have the hardware, otherwise they'd be losing money on it really.

Forgive my ignorance, what is AT, AE, and how exactly would you implement trustless mixing, have you thought about it? As I suggested earlier, BURST with trustless mixing would be something of my liking, I'd code that, but how exactly do we do it?

[/criticism]

Well, what I dislike about burst is the lack of anonymity
I might be wrong about the deflationary model, but I guess we should go back to this discussion a few month later. That's my prediction, that's why I'm thinking of ways to mitigate the problem, otherwise I'd just mine it and wouldn't worry about a thing.

AT = automated transactions (smart contracts)
AE = asset exchange

I am not a smart dev....just a noobie one....but if AT's can support crosschain, then i'm sure they can mix in the same way that cryptonote does it.
It may not be possible, but i'm sure it could be accomplished.

I don't care about anon-ness. Just make a new account and mine to that...i dunno, i just totally don't care if people link irontiga on btt = account in his sig. It's my only account, and i'm happy with that.

Wheat and gold are different. Gold has a thing of people want it because it makes them feel important. I suppose I also get somewhat pride from holding burst, mining it, and not dumping. I only have 1/2 mill, but I'm happy Cheesy

As for wheat becoming useless after 100 years, you're right, it's old after a few years, but i think that a 5 watt HDD with burst can last a bit longer than that, even if it isn't worth investing in in a few years. I can see a 4tb drive bought now still mining in 5 years time, quite easy actually.

Now, a little off topic from the above, but i beleive that Burst and storj need to "merge". What i mean by that is Burst needs to implement a storj like system. This would mean that the blockchain is secured by the current poc mining, but there should also be an added option for users to dynamically allocate their hdd space to burst's storage system as well. This would allow that plots be converted to be used as storage instead of hashrate. Lemme explain better.

I have 100gb mining Burst. My 100gb drive has a 100gb plot file which is being read and deadlines submitted to the network in order to try win a block. The current reward system remains for this.

Now I see that i could earn more renting out my space for cloud storage, and I have the bandwidth that i can do this. So, i delete half my plots and rent out the other half. If I see that mining is more profitable than renting out my storage, i change over to that again by deleting my rented space(need to be careful with this, need plenty of parity across the network).

Now the changing in size should be automatic, or there should just be a listing stating that u have 1 tb, and as soon as it is asked for rent ur miner deletes ur plots and starts storing people's docs. Not 100% sure how to implement, but i don't see any real disadvantages, as it removes 100% of waste.

I hope i explained it good....else plz mczarnek explain it for me, i think i explained it to you and u got it Wink
bitladen

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:14:57 AM

CryptoNote is a fucking scam. It faked two years of mining data to hide a pre-mine. Coin was created by lab dweebs with no social skills. These fucktards should be shot with a ball of their own shit, set on fire, and then pissed on. Dump that shit coin. If you want true anonymity it is Monero.

Yeah I said it!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740112.0

There are only 3 coins worth mining/investing in. Bitcoin, Monero, and BURST.

Monero IS CryptoNote. CryptNote was not a coin, it's the platform Monero, ByteCoin, DuckCoin, etc... are built on.
Just as many scamcoins are built on the bitcoin platform, there may be shitty cryptonote forks.
Regarding your link, let me quote the first line of it "I'd like to start off by stating categorically that the cryptography presented by CryptoNote is completely, entirely solid."
And just to make sure you dummy understand what I'm saying, YOU ARE A COMPLETE RETARD

Pages: « 1 ... 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 [971] 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: