Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:51:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 [474] 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375264 times)
TF_Outlaw

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 10:00:41 PM

The pool is closed (what kind of gameserver)
The winner is Counter Strike Source then Counter strike Go and 3rd is Team Fortress. Wink
I've been coming across some posts lately saying that people are trying or willing to start their own server for the magi community. Are those plans for real? If so, we wouldn't need to spend our time on it ourselves.
You posted a few seconds before I did! Lol.
Yes I think OBAVIJEST was talking about it.
I think OBAVIJEST and you must talk with eachother about this and maybe work together. Think you all have the same goal and thats building a awesome future for Magi with developments of some awesome things in combination of the Game-world and the Crypto-world!

Yes, thats correct. We're looking for someone from this community to work along with, but we've asked him plenty of times to come on our teamspeak but he never showed up.

I'll pop in tonight! Sorry for the delays. Lots going on right now -_-

If you're interested in cooperating with us, we can make an appointment on Teamspeak. But you'll have to give us the time as UTC (greenwich mean time), since we are in different time zones.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 10:04:10 PM

TF_Outlaw might be a good idea to talk with OBAViJEST using: PM here, an make an appointment!
Thanks amigo!

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
Spexx

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 10:18:08 PM

Here is a little something that might help people out when setting up a new XMG wallet. You know how annoying it is when you set up a new wallet on a new machine and it takes hours upon hours to synchronize?

You need a blockchain snapshot. I will be providing a fresh blockchain snapshot every few days on the following links:-

For Linux and Windows etc where you have an unzipping utility
Zip file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vda52xjkgk8wxsq/snapshot.zip

For Windows where you do not have an unzipping utility
Self-extracting Exe: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0vbezqzwgrsa49z/snapshot.exe
This extracts the files to the user %TEMP% folder for you.

These files [blk*.dat] are about 300 Mb (zipped) at the moment and can take some time to download.

All you have to do is copy the unzipped files to the working folder - on Windows this is %appdata%\Magi -  then start the wallet application and it should synchronize within minutes.

You need about 1.3 Gb of free disk space with the current size of the blockchain. This requirement will increase over time. The snapshot download is currently about 300 Mb, the temporary extracted files take up about 500 Mb and the final copy in the working folder takes up another 500 Mb. You can delete the original download file and the temporary extracted files after copying to the working folder so you can reclaim about 800 Mb afterwards.

Hope this helps Smiley

Coming back to this now and the problems that surfaced.

I made a new set of zip and exe files from a snapshot taken on a Windows 7 32 bit machine and lo and behold ... it seems to work on both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows platforms just fine now. It has taken an absolute age to test all this out! I am currently uploading to DropBox, but if some other people would like to check it out for me in, say, 30 minutes time or so to give it (and me) a sanity check I would be very grateful for that.

I will be moving the links to Google Drive in due course, since DropBox has a rather low limit on how much free storage I can have and these files will outgrow that space fairly soon. I will post the link for that another time, since I have to work out how to update files on Google Drive with newer versions without changing the download link - not sure if that is even possible yet. If anybody has a tip for that one, once again I would be very grateful. It took me a long time just to work out how to generate direct download links for files stored on Google Drive without going through the Web interface and frankly, it was a complete pita.

I could do with a beer right now Grin

feldenthorne

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 10:31:24 PM

[...] I have to work out how to update files on Google Drive with newer versions without changing the download link - not sure if that is even possible yet. If anybody has a tip for that one, once again I would be very grateful.

Right click, Manage Revisions, Upload New Version! Works like a charm.
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 10:47:15 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2015, 11:20:33 PM by Spexx

[...] I have to work out how to update files on Google Drive with newer versions without changing the download link - not sure if that is even possible yet. If anybody has a tip for that one, once again I would be very grateful.

Yes, tried that, but that keeps an older version on the current link and creates a new link for the updated version. Not what I want/need at all Sad

There is an added complication where the direct download link server is a different from the Web UI link server and there is a propagation delay of several hours at least - in fact I am not even sure if they sync properly at all. It has got me tearing my hair out and I don't have a lot of that left. Why are things never straightforward? I might look for another (free) solution for this before I go insane.

Edit: No, scrub that - I did not observe carefully enough. What happens is that when you use the Web UI and upload a new version, it keeps the old version accessible via the Web UI and the new version takes over the link according to how it appears on the Web UI. You can then download the newer version from the Web UI link as you would expect. But the newer version fails to propagate to the direct download link on another server and what you get is the older version, even many many hours later (I mean 14 hours later). I need the direct download link to work within my software utility and if that does not work, the whole thing is useless from that point of view. I can't see a way round this, so I will abandon the idea. I think my ISP grants me some free storage so I will look into that.

feldenthorne

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 11:34:43 PM

Yes, tried that, but that keeps an older version on the current link and creates a new link for the updated version. Not what I want/need at all Sad

There is an added complication where the direct download link server is a different from the Web UI link server and there is a propagation delay of several hours at least - in fact I am not even sure if they sync properly at all. It has got me tearing my hair out and I don't have a lot of that left. Why are things never straightforward? I might look for another (free) solution for this before I go insane.

Oh, I take it you're using a direct link rather than the default share link, then? I didn't even know you could get direct links from Google Drive.

That being said, this service looks promising since the share link that Google provides doesn't change when you upload new revisions: http://gdriveurl.com/.
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 03:42:59 AM

I'am working on sort of overview about achieved developments and coming developments. It will take some time because there is a lot! Grin

Mysteriousdewd

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 03:51:08 AM

Hello, I followed the steps on the mac compiling section of this thread and just wanted to make sure that I do not set my algorithm to m7mhash is correct right?

I ran minerd without m7mhash set to the algo and it was giving me 18-19khash. Is this good? I am running a MBP with a 2.5ghz core i5. My reason for asking if 18-19khash is good is because it says BOOO everytime.

Edit: My threads say 4khash, and my accepted say 18khash.
feldenthorne

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 04:04:28 AM

Hello, I followed the steps on the mac compiling section of this thread and just wanted to make sure that I do not set my algorithm to m7mhash is correct right?

I ran minerd without m7mhash set to the algo and it was giving me 18-19khash. Is this good? I am running a MBP with a 2.5ghz core i5. My reason for asking if 18-19khash is good is because it says BOOO everytime.

You definitely need to run with -a m7m. Getting a "boo" back from minerd means that your hashes were not accepted.
Mysteriousdewd

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 04:07:22 AM

You definitely need to run with -a m7m. Getting a "boo" back from minerd means that your hashes were not accepted.

How do I go about running it on a mac with m7mhash as when I run it in terminal I get "./minerd: unknown algorithm -- 'm7m'
Try `minerd --help' for more information."

Also any tips on increasing my hash rate so it accepts it?
feldenthorne

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 04:12:37 AM

How do I go about running it on a mac with m7mhash as when I run it in terminal I get "./minerd: unknown algorithm -- 'm7m'
Try `minerd --help' for more information."

Also any tips on increasing my hash rate so it accepts it?

Which miner source did you compile from (a GitHub link would be great)? The miner I use has the command line argument m7m, but yours is probably different.

And your hashes will be accepted at any hashrate - no need to worry about that. The only times that hashes aren't accepted by a pool are when you're a little behind and submit hashes for a block that has already been found. But that's not something you have to worry about actively. If it happens, it happens.
Mysteriousdewd

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 04:20:27 AM

Giant block of text not worth wall quoting.

I used the tutorial on the first post here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.msg9576881#msg9576881

Which uses: https://github.com/noncepool/m7magi-cpuminer-v2

I remember it saying something about a part may not have been downloaded so that might be it. I'm not sure, I simply followed the exact steps listed in the post and assumed that it was how it should work.

Edit: took a screenshot of the attempt with the github part just now: https://i.imgur.com/Vlq27aW.png
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:22:48 AM

I used the tutorial on the first post here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.msg9576881#msg9576881

I remember it saying something about a part may not have been downloaded so that might be it. I'm not sure, I simply followed the exact steps listed in the post and assumed that it was how it should work.

Edit: took a screenshot of the attempt with the github part just now: https://i.imgur.com/Vlq27aW.png

1) The minerd will run perfectly well without specifying the algo, but if you must it should be "m7mhash".

2) The source you are using is very out of date. You want:-

https://github.com/magi-project/wolf-m7m-cpuminer-V2

which should run a lot faster.

3) The compile is bombing out because the GMP library has not been installed. Check the dependencies list on the github.

feldenthorne

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:27:47 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2015, 06:14:52 AM by feldenthorne

I honestly can't figure out how to get that miner to work. I'm glad Spexx posted in the interim to tell you to use Wolf's miner because that's what I was going to recommend.

(And sorry for the slow reply - I had to take a call from work.)

Edit: The miner you linked defaults to scrypt, as far as I can tell (4 miner threads started, using 'scrypt' algorithm.). I just can't for the life of me figure out what the command line option for m7m is (it's not m7m, m7mv2, m7m-v2, m7mhash, or a few others). See Edit 4.

Edit 2: For disambiguation, I meant that the version of pooler's miner that you tried initially defaults to scrypt, Mysteriousdewd.

Edit 3: For convenience, the GMP library in MacPorts is named GMP, so this should grab it for you:
Code:
sudo port clean gmp              // Only necessary if you run into errors
sudo port -t install gmp

Edit 4: I followed the thread linked on the GitHub page rather than the Magi thread - that was a mistake. The noncepool Magi miner that you found defaults to m7m. It's about 20% slower than Wolf's miner, though, based on about 5 minutes of testing.
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:34:17 AM

That being said, this service looks promising since the share link that Google provides doesn't change when you upload new revisions: http://gdriveurl.com/.

Thanks for that, but I suspect that service just generates the same links that I did, so will exhibit the same problem. If only Google Drive could be set to not keep older versions but just simply overwrite (like DropBox) it would be a cinch. The method is just too flaky and I have abandoned the idea of using Google Drive completely.

Masked_Immortal

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:56:17 AM

I think devs should take action against these war machines.
and i am sure that these high hash guys are aware of what they do.
they have developed gpu miner for this coin so this is useless to encourage them to use their hashing power in exchange pools.

SCAVO  Technologies
SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO MINING FARM  BY USING RENEWABLE ENERGY RESOURCES - LIFETIME CONTRACT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Ann Thread     ───────  Join our ICO:  July. 15- Oct. 31
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:58:15 AM

Edit: The miner you linked defaults to scrypt, as far as I can tell (4 miner threads started, using 'scrypt' algorithm.). I just can't for the life of me figure out what the command line option for m7m is (it's not m7m, m7mv2, m7m-v2, m7mhash, or a few others).

The Wolf optimized miner defaults to "m7mhash" if no algo is specified.

feldenthorne

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:59:29 AM

Edit: The miner you linked defaults to scrypt, as far as I can tell (4 miner threads started, using 'scrypt' algorithm.). I just can't for the life of me figure out what the command line option for m7m is (it's not m7m, m7mv2, m7m-v2, m7mhash, or a few others).

The Wolf optimized miner defaults to "m7mhash" if no algo is specified.

Oh, no - I wasn't replying to you, Spexx. I meant the version that mysteriousdewd tried initially.
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 06:13:38 AM

I think devs should take action against these war machines.
and i am sure that these high hash guys are aware of what they do.
they have developed gpu miner for this coin so this is useless to encourage them to use their hashing power in exchange pools.

What precise action would you suggest? Go round there and hit them with a baseball bat?

They realize pretty soon that overmining gets them nowhere and we had one of them post here about it. This is how XMG was designed from the start and the system works. There is nothing fundamentally "wrong" with using a GPU miner (or any other computing device) as long as it is kept under control.

Personally I don't think it is up to the "devs" to do anything. It should be up to the pool operators to police it - their incomes are hit just as hard as miners.

For feldenthorne - yeah I knew you were not replying to me mate - I just chipped in with that little bit of info Wink

111magic
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 07:00:04 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2015, 07:00:47 PM by 111magic

The pool is closed (what kind of gameserver)
The winner is Counter Strike Source then Counter strike Go and 3rd is Team Fortress. Wink
I've been coming across some posts lately saying that people are trying or willing to start their own server for the magi community. Are those plans for real? If so, we wouldn't need to spend our time on it ourselves.

If i'am correct this one received the most votes?

That's nice!
I will join teamspeak this week again amigo!

Pages: « 1 ... 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 [474] 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: