Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 08:22:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 523 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Scientific proof that God exists?  (Read 845482 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 1373

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:54:02 PM

We know soooo much. If the atheists had an ounce of brains at all, they would say something like:

"I don't believe there is any God. I don't think that science leaves an opening for the existence of any God. But since I don't know everything, just in case a God exists, I respect that a God Who deserves my reverence just might exist."

Brave, stupid atheists!

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Cortex7

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:51:10 PM

We know soooo much. If the atheists had an ounce of brains at all, they would say something like:

"I don't believe there is any God. I don't think that science leaves an opening for the existence of any God. But since I don't know everything, just in case a God exists, I respect that a God Who deserves my reverence just might exist."

Brave, stupid atheists!

Smiley

Yup, best bet all round is to be agnostic, saying you know either way is a leap of faith.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:57:32 PM

I have had discussions that have gone like this.

Friend:  I believe all paths are equally valid so the idea of one way being the only way is wrong.

Me:  Let's say you are right.  All paths are valid.  But Christianity says that there is no way to the Father except through Christ. Wouldn't it be logical to at least follow Christianity then?  It seems to be the safest route.

Friend:  That is actually logical.  You are starting to persuade me.  

Of course,  BADecker, I agree with you. Wink  The only thing I am pondering though is the idea of God "wanting" our respect.  I think perhaps it is more that He wants us to seek Him on our own and not be forced too.  The "respect" of God by all will eventually take place.  Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.  It will either be out of our own choice or after we die.  But I think many people see God as mean and judgmental when in reality He doesn't want anyone to suffer and loves us all very much.   He wants everyone to know Him and to seek Him and love Him and the "respect" should come from a true relationship and awe of how amazing He is.  Just my thoughts.

Remember what the word "God" means, by the dictionary. God is Someone Who is Great.

Respect for God would be simply to acknowledge Him. To recognize that there is a possibility that He exists would even be a simple respect.

Smiley

EDIT: The ancient Greeks were very smart people. In Athens they had an alter with the inscription "To An Unknown God." Those Greeks recognized that they didn't know everything. Among all their gods and goddesses, they realized that they might have missed one. And they didn't want to show disrespect by leaving him/her out. So they built that special alter.

Our atheists are really stupid. They won't even acknowledge ANY god. They are so smart. That's why they can keep themselves alive for so many thousands of years. They know it all!

I suppose even acknowledging God is a an act of respect towards Him.  I had never really thought of it that way.  Perhaps the movement towards atheism is in part a deliberate movement towards not wanting to even grant God that simple act of respect?  I am sure that there are some that just really and sincerely don't believe.  Typically, atheists that don't believe at all do not even seem to care what I think or believe.  They have more of a "live and let live" mentality.  However, it is the ones that used to believe, that now are supposedly "enlightened" and think Christians are idiots and they are trying very hard to encourage the world to not believe, or as it appears "disrespect" God by not even giving the acknowledgment of His existence.  Usually there is a deeper root to this.  God has greatly disappointed them by allowing something to happen in their lives, or by allowing them to feel abandoned when they felt the needed Him most.  I can understand this, but pain and suffering is part of our human experience.  Even Jesus suffered and died so to expect God to be our Santa Claus in the sky is not fair to God.  Perhaps they think that if there was God, then why does He allow suffering?  Or if there was a God, why doesn't He just fix the world?  Thankfully God will end suffering and "fix" the world at some point.  I want to be on His side when that day comes though and the excuse of "I didn't believe in You God"  just won't work at that point.  

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
username18333

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 01:33:32 AM

I have had discussions that have gone like this.

Friend:  I believe all paths are equally valid so the idea of one way being the only way is wrong.

Me:  Let's say you are right.  All paths are valid.  But Christianity says that there is no way to the Father except through Christ. Wouldn't it be logical to at least follow Christianity then?  It seems to be the safest route.

Friend:  That is actually logical.  You are starting to persuade me.  

Of course,  BADecker, I agree with you. Wink  The only thing I am pondering though is the idea of God "wanting" our respect.  I think perhaps it is more that He wants us to seek Him on our own and not be forced too.  The "respect" of God by all will eventually take place.  Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.  It will either be out of our own choice or after we die.  But I think many people see God as mean and judgmental when in reality He doesn't want anyone to suffer and loves us all very much.   He wants everyone to know Him and to seek Him and love Him and the "respect" should come from a true relationship and awe of how amazing He is.  Just my thoughts.

Remember what the word "God" means, by the dictionary. God is Someone Who is Great.

Respect for God would be simply to acknowledge Him. To recognize that there is a possibility that He exists would even be a simple respect.

Smiley

EDIT: The ancient Greeks were very smart people. In Athens they had an alter with the inscription "To An Unknown God." Those Greeks recognized that they didn't know everything. Among all their gods and goddesses, they realized that they might have missed one. And they didn't want to show disrespect by leaving him/her out. So they built that special alter.

Our atheists are really stupid. They won't even acknowledge ANY god. They are so smart. That's why they can keep themselves alive for so many thousands of years. They know it all!

I suppose even acknowledging God is a an act of respect towards Him.  I had never really thought of it that way.  Perhaps the movement towards atheism is in part a deliberate movement towards not wanting to even grant God that simple act of respect?  I am sure that there are some that just really and sincerely don't believe.  Typically, atheists that don't believe at all do not even seem to care what I think or believe.  They have more of a "live and let live" mentality.  However, it is the ones that used to believe, that now are supposedly "enlightened" and think Christians are idiots and they are trying very hard to encourage the world to not believe, or as it appears "disrespect" God by not even giving the acknowledgment of His existence.  Usually there is a deeper root to this.  God has greatly disappointed them by allowing something to happen in their lives, or by allowing them to feel abandoned when they felt the needed Him most.  I can understand this, but pain and suffering is part of our human experience.  Even Jesus suffered and died so to expect God to be our Santa Claus in the sky is not fair to God.  Perhaps they think that if there was God, then why does He allow suffering?  Or if there was a God, why doesn't He just fix the world?  Thankfully God will end suffering and "fix" the world at some point.  I want to be on His side when that day comes though and the excuse of "I didn't believe in You God"  just won't work at that point.  
What matter is torture? What matter is death?

Concern proving evident within your post are those of beast and man and, therefore, are hailed of nothing exceeding them.

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:46:29 AM

Concern proving evident within your post are those of beast and man and, therefore, are hailed of nothing exceeding them.

Or as Solomon said, "Everything is meaningless."

After all, we die, and we haven't seen anyone come back to real life without re-dying sometime in the near future after he became alive again. The exception, of course, is Jesus, who arose from the dead within the 3 days after death, and then, 40 days later, ascended into Heaven, alive.

So, what is the benefit of writing anything or doing anything in life? We lose it all anyway, at death, right?

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Cortex7

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:48:32 AM

After all, we die, and we haven't seen anyone come back to real life without re-dying sometime in the near future after he became alive again. The exception, of course, is Jesus, who arose from the dead within the 3 days after death, and then, 40 days later, ascended into Heaven, alive.

So, what is the benefit of writing anything or doing anything in life? We lose it all anyway, at death, right?

Smiley

Our last shirts have no pockets, but our children make up the bigger part of what we are... life!
username18333

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 02:57:24 AM

Smiley
Your question assumes it's reasonable to make considerations in accordance with an inevitability of death. As the original question posed, how is that reasonable? Why is it reasonable to make a consideration for its relation to death? What matter is that, death, that one would proceed unto any consideration about it?

(Your implied concern is characteristic of "dust." [Your avoidance of explicit provision of backing evidences that yet more.])

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:03:35 AM

Smiley

But death matters because death is not the end and if the Bible is true (and I believe it to be based on many things proving it to be so) the end result of not seriously considering the consequences of death could be eternal torture.  In reality I believe that nothing matters more than considering our eternal souls. 

username18333

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 03:05:27 AM

Smiley

But death matters because death is not the end and if the Bible is true (and I believe it to be based on many things proving it to be so) the end result of not seriously considering the consequences of death could be eternal torture.  In reality I believe that nothing matters more than considering our eternal souls. 
What is significant about torture such that consideration of its extent and duration should be entertained?

Cortex7

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:08:53 AM

Smiley

But death matters because death is not the end and if the Bible is true (and I believe it to be based on many things proving it to be so) the end result of not seriously considering the consequences of death could be eternal torture.  In reality I believe that nothing matters more than considering our eternal souls.  

eternity...? you too greedy! let the children eat.
username18333

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 03:10:39 AM

Smiley

But death matters because death is not the end and if the Bible is true (and I believe it to be based on many things proving it to be so) the end result of not seriously considering the consequences of death could be eternal torture.  In reality I believe that nothing matters more than considering our eternal souls.  

Indeed, they fail to consider annihilationism and other such theorizations.

BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:12:38 AM

Smiley

What is significant about torture such that consideration of its extent and duration should be entertained?

At least when we are tortured on earth we have an escape:  death.  Depending on the extent of the torture death could actually be welcomed.  However, we are warned that in hell there will be no such escape.  I would think that kind of "torture" is much more significant.  To wish to die but not be able to?  To be chained in darkness with no escape ever?   When I think of death or even persecution the thing that comes to mind is this verse: "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

username18333

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 03:16:24 AM

Smiley

At least when we are tortured on earth we have an escape:  death.  Depending on the extent of the torture death could actually be welcomed.  However, we are warned that in hell there will be no such escape.  I would think that kind of "torture" is much more significant.  To wish to die but not be able to?  To be chained in darkness with no escape ever?   When I think of death or even persecution the thing that comes to mind is this verse: "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

That does not explain how being tortured is, itself, something one ought consider.

(P.s., your faltering in doing so reveals your "dust.")

BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:19:52 AM

Smiley

There are just too many warnings in the Bible to support annihilationism.  Repeatedly in the Bible Jesus says that those that do not accept Him will be thrown into the blazing fire and that there will be the gnashing of teeth.  Does this sound like human's souls just cease to exist?

username18333

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 03:22:53 AM

Smiley

There are just too many warnings in the Bible to support annihilationism.  Repeatedly in the Bible Jesus says that those that do not accept Him will be thrown into the blazing fire and that there will be the gnashing of teeth.  Does this sound like human's souls just cease to exist?
You do not gnash when burning unto nothing?

(My other question has gone unanswered.)

Cortex7

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:41:28 AM

Smiley

Many souls will be formed in the future, better than us, let go, everything's ok.

But still keep being the nice person you are  Smiley, you don't need a book for that do you? you feel it inside without needing a rule book, you feel empathy right?

I wouldn't call death "annihilationism" not if you have kids, we are an expression of our DNA which is very old with much learning in it.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:48:50 AM

Smiley

Many souls will be formed in the future, better than us, let go, everything's ok.

But still keep being the nice person you are  Smiley, you don't need a book for that do you? you feel it inside without needing a rule book, you feel empathy right?

That's a guess, isn't it, that souls will be formed in the future?

I contend that all the souls have been formed, and that the reason that God has not moved this creation into Heaven long ago is, if He had, there wouldn't have been time for the souls to live and believe in Him. Most would be lost. So, this life is for giving the souls that have been created a chance to be saved.

Smiley

Cortex7

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:54:16 AM

Smiley

But still keep being the nice person you are  Smiley, you don't need a book for that do you? you feel it inside without needing a rule book, you feel empathy right?

I contend that all the souls have been formed, and that the reason that God has not moved this creation into Heaven long ago is, if He had, there wouldn't have been time for the souls to live and believe in Him. Most would be lost. So, this life is for giving the souls that have been created a chance to be saved.

Smiley

That's one thing I know for sure, having watched my children being born with my own two eyes.

Souls are  forming as we speak, and those pure little nippers, you say they are lost. I say they see the clearest the moment they are born in a pure feral state, from that point on it's alot of nonsense, language, books and other such nonsense. But it can be fun (if you choose the right books).
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:58:57 AM

Smiley

Smiley

That's one thing I know for sure, having watched my children being born with my own two eyes.

Souls are  forming as we speak, and those pure little nippers, you say they are lost. I say they see the clearest the moment they are born in a pure feral state, from that point on it's alot of nonsense, language, books and other such nonsense. But it can be fun (if you choose the right books).

How do you know that their souls have not just been implanted from God, into their bodies, any time all the way back to conception? Implanting, not formation.

Smiley

username18333

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 04:00:33 AM

Smiley

Smiley

How do you know that their souls have not just been implanted from God, into their bodies, any time all the way back to conception? Implanting, not formation.

Smiley
I asked you a direct question earlier, and you still have not answered it.

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 523 »
  Print  

Jump to: