Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:07:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 [1483] 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312371 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:28:06 AM

I hate the slowness of Poloniex sell order execution...  Cry  Undecided

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Billy Bunter

Activity: 327
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:56:33 AM

The only power to "entrench resentment" possessed by drunken Monero mountaineers is the amount you voluntarily grant them.  For example, nothing I can post could possibly make Aminorex sell, because he is Based AF and not a whiny melting snowflake.

He is also 100% spot-on about the blatant market manipulation and smear campaign.  Very sad to see some of our finest Mustangs succumbing to (*gasp*) popular sentiment as found on social media, aiding and abetting the Ztrash/Dash troll brigade.  Embarrassed

If Monero is not sufficiently anti-fragile to survive its weak holders under the mildly adverse conditions of a well-intentioned and poignant practical joke, it does not deserve to continue.  Smooth has already explained this; I'm not sure why normies are still not grokking the idea:

'anti fragile' means that if anything fluffypony says or matters all that much, we're doing something wrong. Fortunately, it doesn't.

(And to the extent that this stunt makes what he says or does matter even less, we're doing something right.)

Android and Surae are so much more important than endless butthurt over what is obviously high caliber performance art (which should be profoundly provocative and thus controversial due to displaced cognitive dissonance).

Please disabuse yourself of the false conceit that I am here to coddle, placate, compromise, or (to use your euphemism) "heal" your poutrage.

I am here to catalyze and amplify your self-inflicted resentment until you pull a Hearn and puke up cheap coins.  Wink

If you rage-dumped XMR because of some farcical trifle about a #FluffyGate tweet, you never deserved to hold a single Tacoshi.

Nothing you post could make anyone sell. Get over yourself.

Out of all the material in the conversation, that's the best response you could come up with?  Huh

Wow, I think my smugness level just went up a notch.  Thanks for that.  Cool

Well you don't really give people much 'material' to work with, do you?

Your schtick is the usual diatribe meant to alienate and intimidate. You seem almost incapable of writing a sentence without using either 'butthurt' or 'snowflake'. You seek confrontation and conflict rather than conversation.

The shame of it is that you are clearly intelligent and could add a great deal to this thread. But so long as you prefer to confront, rather than convince, the other participants here, you lose whatever gravitas you might otherwise be accorded.

Baguette Holder.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 12:14:11 PM

Who would thought Fluffypony have so much influence on Cryptospace. His statement crashed whole Crypto and market cap went from 90 billions to 60 billions.
paratox

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 12:23:29 PM

Who would thought Fluffypony have so much influence on Cryptospace. His statement crashed whole Crypto and market cap went from 90 billions to 60 billions.

I wouldn't call it a crash yet. A big correction was overdue.

correlation ≠ causation
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 01:13:57 PM

I was at the NYC event.  The most blatant market manipulation I have observed was the smear campaign which followed.  I have been quiet because I don't like to encourage people to sell, because they will probably harm themselves if they do so, yet I anticipated that the reaction cycle would be adverse to price, once I saw the event, so I have been lying low.  I have now begun to buy again, and so I feel my influence is now less likely to harm anyone.

I am still very saddened by the intense negative emotion that has been expressed here. Surely you must see that such effusions are harmful to yourself.  While you cannot undo the damage you caused to yourself, at least learn from this, and do not let facile emotions dictate words and deeds so incautiously in future.  

As for fluffyponyza's tweets, I think they were very ill-considered.  It seems particularly poor taste to say that pre-announcements would be unethical, after having made a pre-announcement.  The fact that it was intended as a deceit does not make it more ethical.  The logic of that is so bizarrely twisted that it saddens me.

I think the marvelous progress made by endogenic on iOS and Android support is the truly newsworthy part of the presentation.  Surae's discussion of the process of cryptographic review was also of greater importance than fluffyponyza's troll.  Unfortunately these are being overlooked, because they can not be exploited to make you puke up cheap coins.

I am glad you have posted on this and your response is reasoned and about in line with my own. 

Yes, I think a lot of the reaction was OTT, but personally while I know what he 'meant' and FP's little joke was not existential, the ill-judged nature of it has created a bad atmosphere and a ton of troll fodder that it need not have.

Monero is still a great project and this won't change that, but by creating confusion and the potential accusation of pump and dump scam (even if inadvertently) was foolish.

That is about it. but one more small point:

I could do without people high up from 'Monero Mountain' with wine glasses in hand sneering at people who are genuine supporters of this project and deserve better.  It only serves to entrench resentment, not heal it.

The only power to "entrench resentment" possessed by drunken Monero mountaineers is the amount you voluntarily grant them.  For example, nothing I can post could possibly make Aminorex sell, because he is Based AF and not a whiny melting snowflake.

He is also 100% spot-on about the blatant market manipulation and smear campaign.  Very sad to see some of our finest Mustangs succumbing to (*gasp*) popular sentiment as found on social media, aiding and abetting the Ztrash/Dash troll brigade.  Embarrassed

If Monero is not sufficiently anti-fragile to survive its weak holders under the mildly adverse conditions of a well-intentioned and poignant practical joke, it does not deserve to continue.  Smooth has already explained this; I'm not sure why normies are still not grokking the idea:

'anti fragile' means that if anything fluffypony says or matters all that much, we're doing something wrong. Fortunately, it doesn't.

(And to the extent that this stunt makes what he says or does matter even less, we're doing something right.)

Android and Surae are so much more important than endless butthurt over what is obviously high caliber performance art (which should be profoundly provocative and thus controversial due to displaced cognitive dissonance).

Please disabuse yourself of the false conceit that I am here to coddle, placate, compromise, or (to use your euphemism) "heal" your poutrage.

I am here to catalyze and amplify your self-inflicted resentment until you pull a Hearn and puke up cheap coins.  Wink

If you rage-dumped XMR because of some farcical trifle about a #FluffyGate tweet, you never deserved to hold a single Tacoshi.

I didn't ragedump, nor am I 'poutraged', I don't even think you have any obligation to do anything in particular.  I would just rather you didn't sneer at anyone who isn't (like you) gleefully happy about what happened, and I have voiced this opinion.  That's all.

我想要火箭和火车
Detective Cuffs

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 01:14:52 PM

I could not call it a crash or a bubble, just because there is not enough data about any of it. If you look at, let's say, gold graph you can easily say "yup, this was a bubble and that was a crash". All I see in USD/BTC chart is uptrend. No one knows when market will stop the music. Let's say price drops to 1300, is this a crash? No it might bounce back to 2500 anytime.
Another thing, all alts are too dependent on BTC right now, just sell fuck ton of BTC and all crypto space is shaking.
FP just sold his BTC - Confirmed.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 01:38:20 PM

...obviously high caliber performance art (which should be profoundly provocative and thus controversial due to displaced cognitive dissonance).

I have to agree on this point.  As performance art goes, it was quite a notable piece.  I do not like it one bit, but I do appreciate that aspect. It has...stimulated discussion.

I mostly dislike it because the winning scenario for our species is the diligent preservation of the last remaining fragments of human privacy, dignity and freedom. I don't think the performance helped.  Hopefully, I am wrong.

A modern day Andy Kaufman of the cryptoworld.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 02:10:35 PM

You get the best bargain on Monero when nobody cares for this thread.
As long as the speculation thread is on the main page, Monero is definetely a good coin to sell/short.

It will eventually go down. It always does.  Embarrassed

Bitcoin probably is going to the moon soon so better to hold some bitcoins now, then convert them to fiat when landing on the moon and once the bear market hits bitcoin sphere, slowly increase your exposure first to bitcoin, then to Monero.
Do not worry, I will let you know when to buy bitcoins... Now just stack as much bitcoins as possible.

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 02:35:54 PM

I think that one bad move is nothing comparing to all good things fluffy did over past 3 years...

I have to agree with this as well.  FP stuck with Monero through the hardest times, and has been a consummate open source manager, AFAICT.  In that role his work has been a great boon. 

But I do wish Smooth had remained more engaged as the voice of team consensus.  I just think his PR sense is better.  Right now it's more like everyone speaking for themselves (or more likely, not speaking at all), with FP's voice naturally dominating since he has been willing to hit the road and make appearances, and tweet like a boss.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 02:42:39 PM

I think that one bad move is nothing comparing to all good things fluffy did over past 3 years...

I have to agree with this as well.  FP stuck with Monero through the hardest times, and has been a consummate open source manager, AFAICT.  In that role his work has been a great boon.  

But I do wish Smooth had remained more engaged as the voice of team consensus.  I just think his PR sense is better.  Right now it's more like everyone speaking for themselves (or more likely, not speaking at all), with FP's voice naturally dominating since he has been willing to hit the road and make appearances, and tweet like a boss.

In order to him getting the final remission from the trolls, the price need to establish 0.01 or below IMO.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 03:11:23 PM

I have to agree with this as well.  FP stuck with Monero through the hardest times, and has been a consummate open source manager, AFAICT.  In that role his work has been a great boon.  

But I do wish Smooth had remained more engaged as the voice of team consensus.  I just think his PR sense is better.  Right now it's more like everyone speaking for themselves (or more likely, not speaking at all), with FP's voice naturally dominating since he has been willing to hit the road and make appearances, and tweet like a boss.

In order to him getting the final remission from the trolls, the price need to establish 0.01 or below IMO.

Thanks for the BUY signal.

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 03:20:34 PM

I think that one bad move is nothing comparing to all good things fluffy did over past 3 years, like nobody remembers all the troubles XMR had since its early days and who was always there to save the day.

Quoting for truth and emphasis.
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 03:39:55 PM

I think that one bad move is nothing comparing to all good things fluffy did over past 3 years, like nobody remembers all the troubles XMR had since its early days and who was always there to save the day.

Quoting for truth and emphasis.

Of course we agree this is true and I don't think anyone with any sense could disagree.

He has been central to XMR which has done incredibly well and it will, I am sure, continue to do so.

我想要火箭和火车
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 04:40:52 PM

I'm pretty vocal on this thread as y'all around here know, although this is pretty much the only place online in crypto world where I ever talk about much at all (primarily because I believe the 'regulars' here are a cut above the usual online discourse... certain parties excepted, LOL)

Anyway, I've been pretty quiet thru all this shitstorm just because it's taken a while to come to any conclusions.

So now, in an effort to -- I HOPE -- help start putting it to rest (ha, fat chance)...

1. This is one of those situations that is NEVER gonna be "resolved".

2. Some people are gonna always hate this and some are gonna always love it.

3. As per #2 I believe (hope) that overall it'll be about a break-even "wash"

4. Monero will lose some people over this issue but it'll gain other people over it, so again maybe a "wash"

5. In a few months when we're over $100 for a thousand OTHER reasons, this will probably be largely a non-issue anymore

6. In the end only the code matters.  The tech is solid. The coin is working. Nothing else really counts as much.

7. BUT in the meantime?  "There's No Such Thing As Bad Publicity"... LOL   People talking about Monero! Yay!

8. Even if it is "trash talking", probably *still* YAY 'cuz even that'll bring people on the other side of the argument.

9. So... we all good now, right?  So... can we talk about something else now?  AmIRite?  Cheesy

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
cryptonic21

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 06:06:19 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2017, 06:19:22 PM by cryptonic21

Almost the same thoughts came to my mind.

I do hope everything happens for a reason and in the long run it is gonna be just fine for Monero and all true supporters.

I'm pretty vocal on this thread as y'all around here know, although this is pretty much the only place online in crypto world where I ever talk about much at all (primarily because I believe the 'regulars' here are a cut above the usual online discourse... certain parties excepted, LOL)

Anyway, I've been pretty quiet thru all this shitstorm just because it's taken a while to come to any conclusions.

So now, in an effort to -- I HOPE -- help start putting it to rest (ha, fat chance)...

1. This is one of those situations that is NEVER gonna be "resolved".

2. Some people are gonna always hate this and some are gonna always love it.

3. As per #2 I believe (hope) that overall it'll be about a break-even "wash"

4. Monero will lose some people over this issue but it'll gain other people over it, so again maybe a "wash"

5. In a few months when we're over $100 for a thousand OTHER reasons, this will probably be largely a non-issue anymore

6. In the end only the code matters.  The tech is solid. The coin is working. Nothing else really counts as much.

7. BUT in the meantime?  "There's No Such Thing As Bad Publicity"... LOL   People talking about Monero! Yay!

8. Even if it is "trash talking", probably *still* YAY 'cuz even that'll bring people on the other side of the argument.

9. So... we all good now, right?  So... can we talk about something else now?  AmIRite?  Cheesy

novag

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

novag

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 06:17:17 PM

So Monero is strong support and moving on 45$ Roll Eyes

Donate for the support of a new Martial arts Style - Aikivindo = Aikido + Wing-Chun (in Ukraine) 5168757318423326 PrivatBank.
http://aikivindo.com.ua
BTC:1DpRaQjdVmrkSopRV8p9RdwvBMWNA9faCS
pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 06:51:55 PM

Fluffy is our pugnacious Captain Kirk, smooth our reserved Mr. Spock. They complement one another. One issue in scaling is that so many passionate Moneristos prize our pseudonymity (or at least relative privacy) and so are shy about entering the public eye. Private advocacy is less scalable than is open. We are awaiting the arrival of our Andreas Antonopoulos, someone with a passion for education, a good technical understanding, and diplomatic skills.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 07:11:11 PM

So Monero is strong support and moving on 45$ Roll Eyes

Are you in Canada or am I bad at math?
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 07:47:01 PM

Fluffy is our pugnacious Captain Kirk, smooth our reserved Mr. Spock. They complement one another. One issue in scaling is that so many passionate Moneristos prize our pseudonymity (or at least relative privacy) and so are shy about entering the public eye. Private advocacy is less scalable than is open. We are awaiting the arrival of our Andreas Antonopoulos, someone with a passion for education, a good technical understanding, and diplomatic skills.

WHO AM I?

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 07:53:25 PM

WHO AM I?

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Pages: « 1 ... 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 [1483] 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: