Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:17:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 [1493] 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312370 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Billy Bunter

Activity: 327
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:41:43 AM

Today is the fourth day that Monero withdrawals have been disabled on Poloniex.
This sounds like pernicious fuckery to me.

Baguette Holder.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 01:51:42 AM

Nothing surprises from that exchange. They've ripped me off. Don't respond to tickets.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Bitcoinaire

Activity: 696
Merit: 439

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 02:02:55 AM

Nothing surprises from that exchange. They've ripped me off. Don't respond to tickets.

Do you know if you can convert your moneros for bitcoins and withdraw like that? It doesn't sound good if they have suspended withdrawals since Wednesday.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 02:13:44 AM

Do you know if you can convert your moneros for bitcoins and withdraw like that? It doesn't sound good if they have suspended withdrawals since Wednesday.

Sure you can sell your XMR for BTC and withdraw, but at this point, it's up to you to accept any loss or gain by doing so. Tongue 

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 02:30:17 AM

Monero needs some good news right now. Looks like a hardware wallet is not in sight so best hurry up with that MyMonero Android app.

You do not need to wait for that since Verge already has that in place.
The only advantage Monero has over it is the size of the community but without any solid good news (not a fake pump) the price will stagnate and the community will look for better investment opportunities.
Something revolutionary should take place in Monerosphere to get any reason for a jump in the price. That's my opinion. Call me a troll/a retarded troll but I am personally looking for investment opportunities and I think Monero is severely overpriced given the state of the development... There are other coins that are far ahead and still have lower market cap....  Huh

This is just ignoring reality. TrueCryptonaire is fakenews. It's using a Bitcoin v0.8 codebase:
https://github.com/vergecurrency/VERGE/tree/master/src

That's like 5 year old code. It has absolutely zero innovation or plans for any afaik, and a dev that has spent like 12 months trying to setup an electrum server without success. Pump harder  Roll Eyes

You should not buy it then.... It will rise with or without you.

I won't. But you should go and make your own pump thread and take that discussion of verge there. You have a reputation of flip flopping.

Go away  Kiss

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

sp_skeptic

Activity: 110
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 03:06:13 AM

Sure you can sell your XMR for BTC and withdraw, but at this point, it's up to you to accept any loss or gain by doing so. Tongue 

Maybe that's what people are doing. I wonder if this has something to do with Monero's price slipping in the last few days.

Poloniex should have enough respect for their customers to at least post some explanation of what's going on. I am starting to get ticked off about this.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 05:02:58 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2017, 05:26:20 AM by aminorex

"Buy the rumor, sell the news" is the venerable market truism.  I hope to catch some falling knives tomorrow evening.

And I did, substantially increasing my monero stocks - although it took more than a single evening to reach my buy point, and I quickly recycled those gains into fresh powder, for the coming lows.  I have some hope to catch the last few knives of the season again tonight...

Well I am all in again, so I could not care less what the price does until the next ATH. Prices in the 016s seem unlikely to come again, ever.  I could not leave anything unmopped on the floor, so long as I could wring out another drop.

Sometimes you are in sync with the market and sometimes you aren't.  Lately I have been fortunate in this regard.  I found the inability to withdraw xmr from poloniex to be a great opportunity, while it lasted. It still persists but I think the resulting lows are already in.  Scenarios are roughly 10x overweighted to the upside from here.  Enough x's so that I gave up counting, at least.

When the window finally opens, these are the next coins going into long-term cold storage.  Ka-freakkin-ching.

Obviously they are rescanning the chain with new software.  Given the number of xns which are directly relevant to their accounts, and the amount of cross-checking and validation they have to do, I would be surprised if they finished by Monday.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
LennyCarl

Activity: 176
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 05:31:09 AM

"Buy the rumor, sell the news" is the venerable market truism.  I hope to catch some falling knives tomorrow evening.

And I did, substantially increasing my monero stocks - although it took more than a single evening to reach my buy point, and I quickly recycled those gains into fresh powder, for the coming lows.  I have some hope to catch the last few knives of the season again tonight...

Well I am all in again, so I could not care less what the price does until the next ATH. Prices in the 016s seem unlikely to come again, ever.  I could not leave anything unmopped on the floor, so long as I could wring out another drop.

Sometimes you are in sync with the market and sometimes you aren't.  Lately I have been fortunate in this regard.  I found the inability to withdraw xmr from poloniex to be a great opportunity, while it lasted. It still persists but I think the resulting lows are already in.  Scenarios are roughly 10x overweighted to the upside from here.

When the window finally opens, these are the next coins going into long-term cold storage.  Ka-freakkin-ching.

Obviously they are rescanning the chain with new software.  Given the number of xns which are directly relevant to their accounts, and the amount of cross-checking and validation they have to do, I would be surprised if they finished by Monday.

I grabbed a few at 0.0166 and felt like a boss. And I sold a tiny fraction during that rise 2 weeks ago but obviously should've gone deeper.

And what do you mean by "Scenarios are roughly 10x overweighted to the upside from here." Other than it can only go but up (low volume, steady price, coiled spring...)
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 05:47:38 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2017, 06:03:51 AM by aminorex

I mean that the overwhelming majority of scenarios favor appreciation over depreciation.  Such an overwhelming majority that I am no longer willing to risk capital waiting for a lower price, although one is always possible.  That '10x' comment was not intended as a comment on the degree of such appreciation, nor was it intended, very specifically, as a central estimate of any predictive distribution, on any given horizon.  (Were I to make such an estimate it would require much more rigor than I am presently prepared to supply.)

You might ask why I would invite others to front-run me in this way.  I hope they do.  I seek to invest in the manner of a Kantian categorical imperative.  Golden rule investing...  My expectation is that the corrupt minds of corrupt men will rob them blind, and those who seek to invest so as to most improve the lot of mankind tomorrow and into ha'olam will reap the benefit of that robbery.  It is a ludicrous notion.  The Orthodox among us might deem it a holy folly.  So far it is working pretty well for me, but then a rising tide does tend to lift all boats, doesn't it?  So I hedge vigorously with nasdaq bear spreads.  So much for high principles, I guess.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
LennyCarl

Activity: 176
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 06:15:07 AM

You might ask why I would invite others to front-run me in this way.  I hope they do.  I seek to invest in the manner of a Kantian categorical imperative.  Golden rule investing...  My expectation is that the corrupt minds of corrupt men will rob them blind, and those who seek to invest so as to most improve the lot of mankind tomorrow and into ha'olam will reap the benefit of that robbery.  It is a ludicrous notion.  The Orthodox among us might deem it a holy folly.  So far it is working pretty well for me, but then a rising tide does tend to lift all boats, doesn't it?  So I hedge vigorously with nasdaq bear spreads.  So much for high principles, I guess.

I already had this sense of you and is why I read your posts, intently.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 07:34:26 AM

Monero needs some good news right now. Looks like a hardware wallet is not in sight so best hurry up with that MyMonero Android app.

The only advantage Monero has over it is the size of the community but without any solid good news (not a fake pump) the price will stagnate and the community will look for better investment opportunities.
Something revolutionary should take place in Monerosphere to get any reason for a jump in the price. That's my opinion. Call me a troll/a retarded troll but I am personally looking for investment opportunities and I think Monero is severely overpriced given the state of the development... There are other coins that are far ahead and still have lower market cap....  Huh

This is just ignoring reality. TrueCryptonaire is fakenews. It's using a Bitcoin v0.8 codebase:

That's like 5 year old code. It has absolutely zero innovation or plans for any afaik, and a dev that has spent like 12 months trying to setup an electrum server without success. Pump harder  Roll Eyes

I won't. But you should go and make your own pump thread and take that discussion of verge there. You have a reputation of flip flopping.

Go away  Kiss

Nobody even bothers to say thank you to me for giving such a good buy tip...  Cry
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 10:17:58 AM

So, I´m pretty ignorant in technological terms. So when i´m trying to solve the problem. Best tech for privacy? despite the obvious "its monero of course" is there a good source where i can try to read the basics about blockchain privacy. Like BC privacy for dummies?Smiley
I was reading a white paper for a service that stated " we use the best privacy tech in the industry, developed by the zcash team".

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
Dotto
Legendary

Activity: 981
Merit: 1005

No maps for these territories

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 10:30:54 AM

Amaral, the Zcash technology has a little inconvenient: The founders have a key that can generate all the Zcash they want without anyone noticing it. Basically you have to trust them for they not to use this "feature".
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 10:42:48 AM

Go away  Kiss

Nobody even bothers to say thank you to me for giving such a good buy tip...  Cry

Why should anyone thank you when they never asked for your input? Please take your pump coin discussion to another thread.

Obviously at times you self-indulge in patting yourself on your back in front of others. I just can't figure out if it is a giant ego or a mental disorder.

No one may never know.

Go and grow your Bitcoins without having to gloat about it and your attempts to sway sentiment with your posts to manipulate the market by posting in this thread (if that is even possible).

Profit more ...

Post less.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 10:49:33 AM

Amaral, the Zcash technology has a little inconvenient: The founders have a key that can generate all the Zcash they want without anyone noticing it. Basically you have to trust them for they not to use this "feature".

Nice tiny small feature:) It´s so tiny one would need gigantic pockets to fit that in. Thats what we would call in portuguese "esperto", like smart but with a bad rep.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
cryptimus prime

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 11:14:28 AM

Check the reddit metrics for the r/Monero community: http://redditmetrics.com/r/Monero
It seems with this growth the Monero community will double in only 6 months from now on. Implications for the price and adoption?
bitwolf

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:03:55 PM

Check the reddit metrics for the r/Monero community: http://redditmetrics.com/r/Monero
It seems with this growth the Monero community will double in only 6 months from now on. Implications for the price and adoption?
Well, according google trends monero is 10x less popular then ethereum but 10 times more popular than dashpay. The price should follow correspondingly soon or later. Btc whales are just afraid that monero if pumped will displace the current leaders incl. btc, so they don't hedge to xmr but to coins that are world wide unknown.
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:39:04 PM

N · log N is the working estimation of the value added by network growth, observed in bitcoin historically, and derivable by a credible a priori model, so one should anticipate a 92% annual appreciation in value on the basis of this factor alone.  However, there are other factors in play which suggest significantly faster growth than that, during the coming 3 to 6 months.

Have you tried tumbling bitcoin lately?  How much do you think that costs, and how long do you think that takes?

MataKhobRazi

Activity: 876
Merit: 568

( ͡⊙ ͜ʖ ͡⊙)

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:49:26 PM

Monero is building a solid organical growth

Bitcoin : The Only One
novag

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

novag

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 12:51:11 PM

Do not forget that the exchange Poloniex.com supports Monero!

Donate for the support of a new Martial arts Style - Aikivindo = Aikido + Wing-Chun (in Ukraine) 5168757318423326 PrivatBank.
http://aikivindo.com.ua
BTC:1DpRaQjdVmrkSopRV8p9RdwvBMWNA9faCS
Pages: « 1 ... 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 [1493] 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: