Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:21:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 [1672] 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312396 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:43:09 PM

To get on topic a moment... this price action is interesting to me...

...BCC rallying strongly against BTC

...As to XMR.  I feel like there are some strong developments and rumors out there...

Slightly OFF topic again, LOL, but what kind of % weight do you guys give to the concept there could be a BCH/BCC vs BTC "flippening" ... AFTER all this Fork Noise subsides, soon, and AFTER we start to see what the two versions (Satoshi Design vs SegWit Design) really can deliver to the market vis-a-vis their *actual* miner fee transaction costs and their *actual* confirmation times...?

Personally I think it COULD happen (stranger things already have, in crypto world) and I've already placed MY bets (appropriately?) on IF it's gonna be the way this goes. But I'm still having a hard time kinda actually *quantifying* what the ODDS really are...! It's more of a philosophical or seat of the pants type play so far.

And, sad to say it BUT lately despite all the pending Good News Coming for Monero I think all this Fork Noise and bitcoin distraction stuff is going to continue to overshadow XMR and depress price as has been happening since last Aug 21 mini-moon... but then, as usual, once it's over? Our favorite Little Fungible Crypto Engine That Could will deliver yet another one of those Big Green Candles: I'm afraid that it just might be a tad further out than we-all would prefer  Undecided

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:05:33 AM

Monero will be a top 3 coin. It will be the most used coin to buy things so it will have more liquid than any other coin. It just have an amazing team, great name and the best founder ever. And know it looks like everybody is trying to mine using their website so will just become really famous.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1106

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:55:49 AM

Slightly OFF topic again, LOL, but what kind of % weight do you guys give to the concept there could be a BCH/BCC vs BTC "flippening" ... AFTER all this Fork Noise subsides, soon, and AFTER we start to see what the two versions (Satoshi Design vs SegWit Design) really can deliver to the market vis-a-vis their *actual* miner fee transaction costs and their *actual* confirmation times...?

~5% or less, and that's just based on the price, which I think is being propped up by Ver and maybe some certain miners atm. Honestly think it's more like 1% and price will reflect that when Coinbase unleashes the gates in January.
elrippos friend

Activity: 1179
Merit: 210

only hodl what you understand and love!

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:55:49 AM

Climbing again  Grin Wink

johnsmithx

Activity: 589
Merit: 507

I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:47:19 AM

It will be the most used coin to buy things

That it will never be.

It just have has an amazing team, great name and the best founder ever.

None of which has any relevance nor implication at all, even if it was true.

If there is any "best founder ever" then it's undoubtedly the bitcoin founder. All the kids that popped up after him are just substanceless derivatives.

My list of 43(+3) reviewed Bitcoin forks | You don't have to download the pre-fork blockchain again for each fork! | Beware of fraudulent AWS accounts sellers and dangerous edu AWS codes! + My personal list of legit sellers and scammers | Never publicly reveal your btc addresses, ownership or any other details and stay very far away from anybody who asks you to! | The general rule of safe buying is: if the seller is a newbie, with no reputation, with no topic nor trust feedback, offering no vouches and/or selling from a locked or self-moderated topic and unwilling to go first or use escrow => AVOID. Always check the trust feedback first and make sure that you have enabled "Show untrusted feedback by default" in "Profile / Forum Profile Information".
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:45:20 AM

Bitcoin is quite weak in areas and cryptonote is completely different, not another faceless clone.

Monero was rescued and its fair comment to say has been well developed. Including addressing lots of the original flaws and limiting any scammyness that could have been inherited from the original project.

KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:31:58 PM

If there is any "best founder ever" then it's undoubtedly the bitcoin founder. All the kids that popped up after him are just substanceless derivatives.

I've always thought there is a strong possibility the anonymous cryptonote author "Nicholas van Saberhagen" actually IS "Satoshi Nakamoto"

N.S. / S.N. for one thing, as an obvious intentional clue.

Second, Satoshi disappeared right around the time CN started.  And when he left, he said he was leaving to "pursue other things". It's not a huge stretch to consider that a redesign/reboot of his best idea would be what that was.

Very doubtful someone like him would just totally turn his back on what he'd already accomplished. It'd be very natural to want to start with a clean slate and design a "bitcoin 2.0" from the ground-up with no baggage of the 1.0 concept design.

Finally, the #1 and maybe ONLY, biggest obvious FLAW, in bitcoin's design intending to be "money" is that it isn't fully fungible.  Cryptonote (and thus, Monero) builds on the basic bitcoin design ideas to SOLVE that, and make the world's first crypto-currency that IS really "MONEY".

Satoshi never took any credit for cryptonote, of course, so this is all just wild speculation, and for more IF Hal Finney was Satoshi (or part of the team) and was diagnosed with his terminal illness at that time, he certainly would've been "thankful for today" when he started up Bytecoin (XMR precursor) even if maybe he erred a little bit on trying to structure it with the premine (to provide funds for his family after he was gone, maybe... something that Satoshi or the Satoshi Team did not do when they started up the BTC genesis block, of course.  Hal could be forgiven for that lapse in judgement at the time, and under the circumstances... I'd think.  Doesn't detract from his legacy or reputation IMHO at all...)

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 01:38:57 PM

I've always thought there is a strong possibility the anonymous cryptonote author "Nicholas van Saberhagen" actually IS "Satoshi Nakamoto"

Second, Satoshi disappeared right around the time CN started.  And when he left, he said he was leaving to "pursue other things". It's not a huge stretch to consider that a redesign/reboot of his best idea would be what that was.

Very doubtful someone like him would just totally turn his back on what he'd already accomplished. It'd be very natural to want to start with a clean slate and design a "bitcoin 2.0" from the ground-up with no baggage of the 1.0 concept design.

Finally, the #1 and maybe ONLY, biggest obvious FLAW, in bitcoin's design intending to be "money" is that it isn't fully fungible.  Cryptonote (and thus, Monero) builds on the basic bitcoin design ideas to SOLVE that, and make the world's first crypto-currency that IS really "MONEY".

Satoshi never took any credit for cryptonote, of course, so this is all just wild speculation, and for more IF Hal Finney was Satoshi (or part of the team) and was diagnosed with his terminal illness at that time, he certainly would've been "thankful for today" when he started up Bytecoin (XMR precursor) even if maybe he erred a little bit on trying to structure it with the premine (to provide funds for his family after he was gone, maybe... something that Satoshi or the Satoshi Team did not do when they started up the BTC genesis block, of course.  Hal could be forgiven for that lapse in judgement at the time, and under the circumstances... I'd think.  Doesn't detract from his legacy or reputation IMHO at all...)

Make a FFS for a screenplay, we'll get Morgan Freeman to play Satoshi.

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:17:15 PM

I have considered this as well.

Where it looks like it breaks down to me is the code.  Does not look like the same person.
Jonashe

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

CryptoPuzzle.com developer

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 03:46:22 PM

Libertas darknet website need some month to build trust and pump MONERO price...

https://cryptopuzzle.com : NFT token on Ethereum Blockchain. Now on beta test on Ropsten Ethereum Network !
huifang135

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:10:47 PM

my thought will be easily to 200 $
Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:22:09 PM

Monero will be a top 3 coin. It will be the most used coin to buy things so it will have more liquid than any other coin. It just have an amazing team, great name and the best founder ever. And know it looks like everybody is trying to mine using their website so will just become really famous.
I don’t know for sure that it will be on the top 3, but I do know for sure that it will be on the top 10 (and likely the top 5 at some point) in the foreseeable future. There will always be a need for an anonymous coin, by both legitimate people looking for privacy and criminals.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
guesswho1234

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:27:54 PM

in the end monero never let me down but man i dont get the price movement at the moment  Huh
Colesan

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:38:58 PM

I think now is the good moment to invest in monero and hold about 3-5 mount.
Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:43:15 PM

Hodling since ICO. This is one of my best gainers.
What ICO? This is Monero, not some charade with a fancy website promising to suck your dick if you give them your bitcoins.

He bought Monero in their ICO, in the past.
But Monero did not have an ICO did they? Sorry, now I am really confused. Anybody mind elaborating a bit on this for me?     

Following the pattern of the last two pumps, I am guessing that we will probably hit about 210 dollars next time Monero pumps; and that pump will probably come pretty randomly.   

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 04:46:19 PM

Hodling since ICO. This is one of my best gainers.
What ICO? This is Monero, not some charade with a fancy website promising to suck your dick if you give them your bitcoins.

He bought Monero in their ICO, in the past.
But Monero did not have an ICO did they? Sorry, now I am really confused. Anybody mind elaborating a bit on this for me?     

Following the pattern of the last two pumps, I am guessing that we will probably hit about 210 dollars next time Monero pumps; and that pump will probably come pretty randomly.   

Nothing to elaborate, Monero was launched ages before the whole ICO shenanigans.

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:52:16 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2017, 05:02:42 PM by aminorex

XMR was first offered by it's first miner. That was a kind of ICO.  Today "ICO" is understood to mean what old timers used to call a "pre-mine scam", crypto which lacks "fair distribution" - but then it was deemed a monetary instrument, owned as commons, a public good, while ICO tokens now are more like equity shares, a capitalization tool, a private good.

As regards price, I would say most Monero speculators are all-in at this point, and the reversal comes after bulls capitulate, and supply becomes constrained.  Whoever buys then will see the best gains which it is possible to obtain at this point in time.  Personally I am buying slowly as I don't know when next it takes off, although I hazard to guess that multisig (rumor or news) could be a catalyst. Below USD 80 I will speed up my accumulation.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
johnalan

Activity: 200
Merit: 47

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 05:00:14 PM

New Monero-Only DNM marketplace:

https://www.deepdotweb.com/marketplace-directory/listing/libertas-market/

I've become somewhat less excited about the potential that DNM's have to push Monero's price. It seems that they are all, at some point or other, congenitally designed to exit scam. Inevitably - and it seems this is already happening - people will get fed up of getting screwed and move on to some other way of obtaining what they want.

This is just as @Aminorex predicted. A rise of next gen DNM that only accept / recommend XMR. It's exciting. Though, as of yet, the market completely fails to react to these news items.
johnalan

Activity: 200
Merit: 47

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 05:10:55 PM

XMR was first offered by it's first miner. That was a kind of ICO.  Today "ICO" is understood to mean what old timers used to call a "pre-mine scam", crypto which lacks "fair distribution" - but then it was deemed a monetary instrument, owned as commons, a public good, while ICO tokens now are more like equity shares, a capitalization tool, a private good.

As regards price, I would say most Monero speculators are all-in at this point, and the reversal comes after bulls capitulate, and supply becomes constrained.  Whoever buys then will see the best gains which it is possible to obtain at this point in time.  Personally I am buying slowly as I don't know when next it takes off, although I hazard to guess that multisig (rumor or news) could be a catalyst. Below USD 80 I will speed up my accumulation.

You think a slow bleed under 80?
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 05:15:32 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2017, 06:19:46 PM by aminorex

A rise of next gen DNM that only accept / recommend XMR. It's exciting. Though, as of yet, the market completely fails to react to these news items.

Folks are jaded, skeptical, fatigued by hype, and have no vision.  So fatigued that their hands weaken.  BTC ramp will retrace, and everyone is on edge, ready to dump on weakness, chasing the falling knife. A bubble pop in BTC will devalue all crypto.  This BTC ramp was mostly due to ETH demand, as the fiat on ramp is still wider for BTC.  Now, ETH has hard fork drama which could be catastrophic, so everything built on ETH suddenly looks super risky.  That could pop the bubble.  

DNMs don't care what the price is, just that the tech works to transmit wealth.  They will be just as happy to use $0.25 Monero as $2500 Monero.  In fact it is more appealling to adopt Monero if you can front-run the market, because you know about your DNM in advance.  Anyhow the skeptical market we have now, pulling back from the ICO bubble, won't become a bull until monetary demand starts to make itself felt more seriously.  Until then, the floor of support for XMR is the miner break-even.  Some capitulation sales may push us below that briefly, but it will hold in the main...so more browser mining would be nice.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Pages: « 1 ... 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 [1672] 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: