Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:40:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 [2054] 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312277 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 05:08:15 AM

Is monero worth a buy now? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Millionero

Activity: 806
Merit: 423

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 06:02:06 AM

If you're a beginner investing in crypto, it might be better to not to start with an altcoin.
joroz

Activity: 62
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 06:35:16 AM

If you believe in future of privacy coins - yes.
McAfee is shilling it for example

Nick Szabo is shilling it too.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1403

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 01:03:08 PM

I think fungibility will be the next big thing in the space starting 2020.  Almost everybody hasn't realized it yet.  They will and hopefully it isn't too late.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Andretti83

Activity: 297
Merit: 112

PRIVATE AND NOT PREMINED: MONERO, AEON, KARBO

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 02:53:36 PM

I think fungibility will be the next big thing in the space starting 2020.  Almost everybody hasn't realized it yet.  They will and hopefully it isn't too late.
I agree. The more regulation there is, the more exchanges and other services be picky about coins they will or will not accept.

And the more stories peoples hear about declined or "frozen" bitcoins, the more they will start to look what can be done about it. That's where fungibility will chime in and lead most to Monero.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 4824

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 03:06:39 PM

Not to mention seized gold, oh wait I did. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2019, 03:12:22 PM
Merited by mr_random (1)

I think fungibility will be the next big thing in the space starting 2020.  Almost everybody hasn't realized it yet.  They will and hopefully it isn't too late.
I agree. The more regulation there is, the more exchanges and other services be picky about coins they will or will not accept.

And the more stories peoples hear about declined or "frozen" bitcoins, the more they will start to look what can be done about it. That's where fungibility will chime in and lead most to Monero.

If we would imagine the more and public exposure Bitcoin gets during the bull runs, the US Congressional debates, the regulations governments put on exchanges; while also a huge global economical recession/depression coming up in the near future (1-2 years)... the more people with massive wealth are going to look/get their feet wet with reallocating their assets to Bitcoin & gold, probably.

Only then will it be more public knowledge of the issues of storing wealth in something that is not fungible, because surely there will be a time when one of those people who bought Bitcoin off of someone else (not a central exchange) and put those coins on a centralized exchange, and will be denied for whatever reason due to their level of taint.

... word amongst the elite class travels fast after that I would think.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 05:28:07 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2019, 11:47:29 PM by Febo
Merited by Hueristic (1)

The article on itself is an interesting read and not something i consider specificly a FUD article.

It is when you write something in article and write something else in conclusion and the title. That is FUD for me. Also this is not the first article. They started with it about a month ago. And as I said you cant be sure if authors dont have will and knowledge and just copy/paste them or they deliberately want to curve the truth.  My concern is because things are so clear. Everyone that at least few weeks read about Bitcoin could understand what a minting bug is. How can you not understand that. This guy here still mention bug in a wallet even one month after HackerOne bugs were announced and 4 months after it was fixed. If it would be minting bug he would write about it 4 months ago.  Minting bug happened to Bitcoin and few millions BTC were printed and they forked it back then.  It is also simple that bounty programs are there to find bugs that latter gets fixed and latter on if project is normal, those bugs also gets announced. This two are reasons why I believe a month ago this story was brought out as a FUD. That was a time when Bitcoin made a jump to $13k.
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 02:40:27 AM

We already know that Cointelegraph is owned by the Bytecoin/Minergate/Changelly/CoinMarketCap people. Why entertain their drivel?
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 01:07:58 PM

We already know that Cointelegraph is owned by the Bytecoin/Minergate/Changelly/CoinMarketCap people. Why entertain their drivel?

To be honest, I tend to forget which interest owns which popup faux news sites now, there are just too many. i need a easy to referance chart. That would be a nice thread i would think.
So is there a thread on Bytecoin/Minergate/Changelly/CoinMarketCap connections. i remember Bytecoin/Cointelegraph and Minergate/Bytecoin being connected in a thread somewhere but I didn't know about the others, is this conjecture or do you have some links. Aren't these same russians connected to coinhive.

My memory just keeps getting worse. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 01:45:11 PM

I think fungibility will be the next big thing in the space starting 2020.  Almost everybody hasn't realized it yet.  They will and hopefully it isn't too late.

If we would imagine the more and public exposure Bitcoin gets during the bull runs, the US Congressional debates, the regulations governments put on exchanges; while also a huge global economical recession/depression coming up in the near future (1-2 years)... the more people with massive wealth are going to look/get their feet wet with reallocating their assets to Bitcoin & gold, probably.

Only then will it be more public knowledge of the issues of storing wealth in something that is not fungible, because surely there will be a time when one of those people who bought Bitcoin off of someone else (not a central exchange) and put those coins on a centralized exchange, and will be denied for whatever reason due to their level of taint.

... word amongst the elite class travels fast after that I would think.

The more BTC gets to be more adopted by the mainstream, the more the establishment would crave to control it.  And the BTC blockchain's transparency won't be any help...  That's where XMR comes in.

|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 10:09:46 PM

Interesting, it made me look up the mentioned bug and i found this article :

https://cointelegraph.com/news/monero-reports-on-resolving-fake-xmr-minting-bugs-a-month-after-fix

they cannot guarantee no new coins were minted

No new coins were minted. Guaranteed.

Having a closed blockchain like that of Monero + existance of critical bugs for some time + the increased number of Monero mining malware out in the open
makes it difficult for me to accept any ultimate guarantee on this matter.

It is true that these fake minting bugs only affect  exchanges, but what is to say hackers did not locate a (smaller) exchange / exchanges already
and were abusing them this way untill Monero patched up these bugs ? Whats to say these exchanges can even identify such problem occurring or having ocurred
on their exchange ?

Also the article mentions 9 security bugs of which 8 have been patched. Does this mean 1 is still open ?

Note Darkcoin sig on this one.  Don't take it too seriously if it's from the Evan cult.  It's just bruised D-heads in the rear view mirror.  They will only tempt Icebreaker to fire back, and he will not be as reasonable or nice as smooth.

我想要火箭和火车
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 01:16:22 AM

Interesting, it made me look up the mentioned bug and i found this article :

https://cointelegraph.com/news/monero-reports-on-resolving-fake-xmr-minting-bugs-a-month-after-fix

they cannot guarantee no new coins were minted

No new coins were minted. Guaranteed.

Having a closed blockchain like that of Monero + existance of critical bugs for some time + the increased number of Monero mining malware out in the open
makes it difficult for me to accept any ultimate guarantee on this matter.

It is true that these fake minting bugs only affect  exchanges, but what is to say hackers did not locate a (smaller) exchange / exchanges already
and were abusing them this way untill Monero patched up these bugs ? Whats to say these exchanges can even identify such problem occurring or having ocurred
on their exchange ?

Also the article mentions 9 security bugs of which 8 have been patched. Does this mean 1 is still open ?

just beacuse its centralized doesnt make it bad just look at libra another millennial "privacy" coin lol Wink ha

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 02:40:21 AM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

To be honest, I tend to forget which interest owns which popup faux news sites now, there are just too many. i need a easy to referance chart. That would be a nice thread i would think.
So is there a thread on Bytecoin/Minergate/Changelly/CoinMarketCap connections. i remember Bytecoin/Cointelegraph and Minergate/Bytecoin being connected in a thread somewhere but I didn't know about the others, is this conjecture or do you have some links. Aren't these same russians connected to coinhive.

I'm not sure if there was ever a thread on it, but for a while the connections were explicitly advertised on sites themselves ("brought to you by Minergate"). I never could figure out why it seemed they wanted you to know who was behind it. There were other instances on reddit where service developers (Freewallet maybe) claimed to "know" the Minergate people, which in my mind is a dead giveaway because nobody knows them but them. Eventually they realized the association is bad for business, because both Changelly and HitBTC removed all mentions of affiliation with Minergate.

A few other connections were made obvious through the use of blatant cross promotion (Chainradar, Freewallet), or by reusing the same HTML boilerplate on landing pages. In the case of Cointelegraph, one of its authors came forward talked about the sites connections with Bytecoin.

Needless to say, there's never been a shortage of clues. Shortly after Monero.how was sold, Changelly advertisements began appearing on the front page. Coincidence? Smiley
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 03:22:43 AM

I'm not sure if there was ever a thread on it, but for a while the connections were explicitly advertised on sites themselves ("brought to you by Minergate"). I never could figure out why it seemed they wanted you to know who was behind it. There were other instances on reddit where service developers (Freewallet maybe) claimed to "know" the Minergate people, which in my mind is a dead giveaway because nobody knows them but them. Eventually they realized the association is bad for business, because both Changelly and HitBTC removed all mentions of affiliation with Minergate.

A few other connections were made obvious through the use of blatant cross promotion (Chainradar, Freewallet), or by reusing the same HTML boilerplate on landing pages. In the case of Cointelegraph, one of its authors came forward talked about the sites connections with Bytecoin.

Needless to say, there's never been a shortage of clues. Shortly after Monero.how was sold, Changelly advertisements began appearing on the front page. Coincidence? Smiley

Thanks for the recap, I either forgot or never knew Monero.how was sold.

Febo
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 10:55:23 PM

Was there any article yet that Nick Szabo made Monero?   Strange how article writers can make a bug stories, but they cant make Monero creator story when Nick Szabo shill Monero.
Bassica

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 03:20:12 PM

Come on guys, pamp her. This is the time  Grin
EuSouBitcoin

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 07:06:47 AM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Is this the thread you are thinking about?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740112.0

You can't win if you don't play. But you can't play if you lose all your chips. First I found bitcoin (BTC). Then I found something better, Monero (XMR). See GetMonero.org
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 02:23:16 PM

Was there any article yet that Nick Szabo made Monero?   Strange how article writers can make a bug stories, but they cant make Monero creator story when Nick Szabo shill Monero.

Lol.  Cos he's too far out...  Amir Taaki could be more likely to be Monero's founder, thankful_for_today.  IMHO.

|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 04:07:25 PM

Was there any article yet that Nick Szabo made Monero?   Strange how article writers can make a bug stories, but they cant make Monero creator story when Nick Szabo shill Monero.

Lol.  Cos he's too far out...  Amir Taaki could be more likely to be Monero's founder, thankful_for_today.  IMHO.

Oh, so you are saying not thankful for today but Nicolas van Saberhagen. Yes that makes sense Nick Szabo , Nakamoto Satoshi, Nicolas van Saberhagen.  Picture got way more clear now.
Pages: « 1 ... 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 [2054] 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: