Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:36:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 [2152] 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312339 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
elrippos friend

Activity: 1179
Merit: 210

only hodl what you understand and love!

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 09:04:47 AM

MegaBull is obviously happening on 13th December.  Bottom of next cycle at $1500.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/XMRUSDT/CQnl1P7Y-The-Monero-XMRUSD-Road-Towards-the-Megabull-Up-to-3-000-Gains/

I think this is feasible  Cheesy
I proposed 0,036 in June 21

"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
johnfoss

Activity: 124
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 04:08:00 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

In case you bitcointalk crew needed a weekly news update feel free to check out the Monero Moon.
Latest issue here:
https://medium.com/themoneromoon/the-monero-moon-issue-14-f94429230cf8
Bassica

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 10:18:49 PM

MegaBull is obviously happening on 13th December.  Bottom of next cycle at $1500.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/XMRUSDT/CQnl1P7Y-The-Monero-XMRUSD-Road-Towards-the-Megabull-Up-to-3-000-Gains/

I think this is feasible  Cheesy
I proposed 0,036 in June 21

0,045-0,05 eoy is what I’m cheering for.
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 08:00:51 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

I'm going to take a moment to briefly whine/vent/pontificate.

I'm still a little disheartened by Monero's performance this year. In BTC terms, we're still down 50% from Oct. 2020. We're still down ~85% from the 2017-2018 peaks. Meanwhile, I'm seeing shitcoins hit new USD ATHs, though not against BTC.

However, I'm optimistic in that Monero seems to be on it's own cycle, loosely correlated with the cycles of BTC and altcoins. 2017 was a good example of this, with Moreno pumps largely unaligned with ETH and other alt pumps. Also, from a TA perspective, the long term cup pattern seems to be continuing nicely. Finally, we may be on the cusp of a broader market focus shift to "privacy" coins, with the specter of totalitarianism haunting the globe, and the recent market successes of newer "privacy" coins like Pirate Chain and Mobile[scam]Coin, and older ones like Horizen, ZEC, etc.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
April 17, 2021, 04:21:23 PM

I'm still a little disheartened by Monero's performance this year. In BTC terms, we're still down 50% from Oct. 2020. We're still down ~85% from the 2017-2018 peaks. Meanwhile, I'm seeing shitcoins hit new USD ATHs, though not against BTC.

Yes we are very early in the bull run. OK not early but at the peak things start to roll hyper fast so considering that we are still very early. On the peak things will look way different as now.  But no matter that. Even if peak will look like this with Monero at 30 spot on CMC ( but at much higher price then $400). The bear market will hit Monero mildly where coins like Doge and ... will have +90% price decrease.

But I am totally sure Monero will have a moment of shine in this bull run.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
April 17, 2021, 04:52:01 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1), IntroVert (1)

I'm going to take a moment to briefly whine/vent/pontificate.

However, I'm optimistic in that Monero seems to be on it's own cycle, loosely correlated with the cycles of BTC and altcoins. 2017 was a good example of this, with Moreno pumps largely unaligned with ETH and other alt pumps. Also, from a TA perspective, the long term cup pattern seems to be continuing nicely. Finally, we may be on the cusp of a broader market focus shift to "privacy" coins, with the specter of totalitarianism haunting the globe, and the recent market successes of newer "privacy" coins like Pirate Chain and Mobile[scam]Coin, and older ones like Horizen, ZEC, etc.

Yes.  This has been the curse of Monero from fairly early on.  

I am pretty much one step down from a BTC maximalist.  I see virtually NO REASON for the existence of almost all alts.

Smart Contract coins
- ETH LINK TRON EOS etc etc etc  - These coins are making a fundamental design mistake.  It is the "cram everything onto the base chain" mistake.  There is no reason to use the base monetary chain to record "all the things".  Smart contracts can be done on layers, or sidechains.  And I believe they will be.

Big Block chains
- we all know this one, and have our own opinions.  You can always spot a Monero big-blocker because they like to work the "peer to peer cash" angle.  In fact Monero does this one of the best ways so far.  But the big block coins make the same fundamental mistake as the smart contract coins.

Copy-pastas. LTC DOGE etc.  Why?  "Well fees are cheaper!! blocks are faster!! Etc."  Fees will stop being cheap when these coins begin to be seriously used, and the friction of going from BTC to LTC is a non-starter.  In tghe end these projects have an existential problem.  The only reasn they are useful, is they are not used.  *POOF* vanishes their purpose in a small puff of logic.

Loyalty/Purpose tokens
 BNB STX and so on. Now we get to see something useful.  Centralized.  Often built on top of one of the smart contract mistakes.  These coins have value because they have a unique purpose.  That value is kind of dubious, and I think most of them are unnecessary, but some will survive.  They are the "green stamps" or coupons of crypto.  Eventually these will be built on a sidechain of whatever chain is strongest (umm BITCOIN).  Liquid is a good bet here.  Because again.  Why build this on one of the gargantuan monstrosities like ETH in the longrun?

Stable Coins Much like the above.  These are serving an actual purpose and therefore will attract value.  But it is temporary, and trades crypto-stability for SIGNIFICANT counter party risk.  These too will most likely be built on a BTC sidechain like Liquid, until the die off from lack of use.

Privacy coins And actual iron clad use case for crypto that the BTC base layer will never do.  A tradeoff that has a STRONG use case argument.  And as we here know, nearly ALL of them are scams. Pre-mines, not 'always on' privacy, or privacy theater. Trusted setups, founder's rewards, and so on.  Some projects try to combine privacy with one of the above mistakes.

Monero is WAY out in front of that pack, and will be for the forseeable future.  The market has SOLIDLY integrated Monero into real world battle scenarios.

I would love to see some data, but I think it is arguable that Monero is at LEAST in the top 3 crypto assets if you were to measure REAL non-speculative transactions.  Yes BSV has a LOT of transactions going on.  But what coin is ACTUALLY being used more in real commerce.  I would say only a handful, and NONE of them has Monero's privacy guarantees.

So why the hell is it not more expensive?

Three reasons, and one nightmare

1. It is, and always has been difficult to use.  It has a weighty blockchain and lack of very many wallets etc are a serious barrier.  Drug addicts are incentivized to go through a lot of trouble to make it work , but the average joe, less so.  Just look at hardware wallets.  Getting monero to work with those is pretty damn hard still.

2.  It might be one of the least hyped projects in the entire space.  For the longest time it's 'official' marketing was "Don't buy Monero".  So not hyped that a lot of idiots (that weatherman jackass for example) figure that whole thing was reverse psychology.  Which would be the second stupidest way to market it.  There are no glossy claims.  There is no "founders reward" to pay exchanges to list it, ad so on.  It has just quietly been staying on the razors edge

3.  The bad boy angle.  Monero is one of the riskiest crypto projects to hold value in.  I sort of assume that at some points governments will most likely clamp down on it.  Or at least they could.  So that makes it risky.  To be honest I do not think this is a major factor.

Nightmare. Inflation bug.  If that exists that would most definitely be having a dampening effect on the price of Monero.  I think this is the least likely.

All that said... As the world wakes up to why Bitcoin is important, the smarter ones are going to realize why monero is important, just as we did, but earlier.  It's like every halving cycle a new crew comes in... and they fall for all the same scams, and always a percentage of them end up realizing why Monero is important.  

That number will be very big this time around.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 18, 2021, 01:35:12 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

He did it again. Just this time he did not just said privacy by default, but he directly named Monero.

https://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/rise-of-cryptocurrencies-after-covid19-pandemic-by-brian-armstrong-2-2020-04

https://twitter.com/brian_armstrong/status/1247963017179836416

It makes very little sense why Monero is not listed on Coinbase.

What if he is afraid that to much transactions would be made from Coinbase. So Coinbase could record those transactions and when USA government would demand the list they would have to give it to them. That list could help unmask other transactions. Maybe that is a reason for a delay and he hopes that number of Monero transactions will grow and he hopes that Monero will increase ring sizes and then he will list Monero, since it will matter much less or none.

I know this is more wishful thinking that everyone cares about Monero well being. But it just crossed my mind when he first mention privacy by default.

My conspiratorial mind thinks that the security features of Monero are exactly why it's not on Coinbase. Coinbase is the closet thing to the "Establishment's" involvement in Crypto. It's a threat to their kleptocracy as they can't track you.

It truly is the coin of freedom.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2021, 04:41:21 PM

My conspiratorial mind thinks that the security features of Monero are exactly why it's not on Coinbase. Coinbase is the closet thing to the "Establishment's" involvement in Crypto. It's a threat to their kleptocracy as they can't track you.

Maybe governments still dont get it, but their best chance is that people trade Monero on centralised exchanges where they KYC. So they know who enters into Monero and who exits of Monero. When everyone will use decentralised exchanges governments will be blind. And if they already start pushing people off centralised exchanges now would be super dumb for every government.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4865

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 08:35:43 PM

Guess they ran out of weak hands to shake out?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 10:58:00 PM
Merited by Globb0 (5)

Price is way to volatile to bother with it Tongue  It changes 5% every half hour. Deep pockets are now trading Monero.

https://txstreet.com/v/xmr

Originally when there was idea for txstreet to add Monero I thought is silly since Monero blocks are never full, but now I see is educational and fun. 

phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2021, 11:31:38 PM

Price is way to volatile to bother with it Tongue  It changes 5% every half hour. Deep pockets are now trading Monero.

https://txstreet.com/v/xmr

Originally when there was idea for txstreet to add Monero I thought is silly since Monero blocks are never full, but now I see is educational and fun. 

I LOVE this site and can't believe it's my first time seeing this.  What a shit show btc is right now... hahaha
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 12:48:46 PM

More like those people who bought BTC thought they bought something like XMR...  And lo and behold, they discovered that such a thing as XMR exists.

XMR to 5k or how much it takes to bring it to top 5 at CMC.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 01:01:41 PM

infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 04:26:35 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

$400 breached!

TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
Merited by infofront (1)

Starting to build a margin position here. From 0.0035 to 0.007 is 2x your BTC. It's inconceivable that this won't happen, and it will likely happen in Q1. Even if we only recover to 0.0053 that's 50% return. XMR has been going down almost consecutively since mid December with no recovery in sight. There's no fundamental reason that I can see for this complete wreckage. We're back to 2016 levels. Before the alphabay pump when XMR struggled to break out past 0.0042. Not that other altcoins are doing great, but for XMR this is the kind of blood in the street and full on capitulation that's perfect for entry. I can't think of any better purchase than monero at the moment. Not a big fan of margin, but just can't help it at these levels.

STRONG BUY

So, who else bought the bottom? Wink

explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 06:24:44 PM

Good to see $400 again!  When $4000?  transactions booming, mining moving right along, won't be long.  2020 sucked ass on so many fronts, 2021 can't help but be better  Cheesy
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 06:29:27 PM

Starting to build a margin position here. From 0.0035 to 0.007 is 2x your BTC. It's inconceivable that this won't happen, and it will likely happen in Q1. Even if we only recover to 0.0053 that's 50% return. XMR has been going down almost consecutively since mid December with no recovery in sight. There's no fundamental reason that I can see for this complete wreckage. We're back to 2016 levels. Before the alphabay pump when XMR struggled to break out past 0.0042. Not that other altcoins are doing great, but for XMR this is the kind of blood in the street and full on capitulation that's perfect for entry. I can't think of any better purchase than monero at the moment. Not a big fan of margin, but just can't help it at these levels.

STRONG BUY

Well i got most of mine at ~$4.  I didn't enter much when it went to $0.25.  Always regretted that.

Oh you mean Jan '21?  maybe a little.  I actually dipped my toe in a little back when i had the earthquake feeling on 4/9.  Certainly not the BOTTOM, but still not bad.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=753252.msg56750042#msg56750042

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4865

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 06:37:18 PM

STRONG BUY

I still remember buying the Top!

.03, fuck what was I thinking! Cheesy

In retrospect I must have been FOMO.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 06:47:30 PM
Merited by explorer (1)

By the way...  most of us here are battle hardened enough to have lived through LOTS of those:

--Monero is pumping!
--Monero has completely retraced!
Then sometimes: (--Monero is now even LOSING more value.)
Scenarios.

But I feel like (and that's all i got... feel) this one might not be the same.  Not that we will not get retraces, of course we will... probably one here soon.  But I think we might be entering a new era price wise.

The extent to which I think people are waking up to Monero's use case is still under the surface, but it is becomming harder and harder to ignore for most folks.  In fact I personally expect, though they may not want to admit it, there may be some fairly hardened maximalists hedging a little in XMR as we move forward.

As to XMR:BTC vs. XMR:USD?  I know the latter will be a magnified version of the former.  And as long as this is not the Bitcoin top for this cycle, which I think it is not, then the question is simply how much of the former are we going to get.

Recently, most of monero's movement has been keeping SOME amount of stability in USD.  So it wants to be $80, and as BTC rises XMR:BTC drops so we hold ~80.  That kind of thing.

I do not see us in that realm as much now.  The pressure in this cauldron is building.  Monero does not only offer an extraordinary privacy, but it's adjustable block size as well as RandomX position it to be in a very unique spot during the remainder of this BTC epoch.

By the way, I am also of the mind that this BTC epoch stands a VERY strong chance of being significantly different than the last ones...  but that's another story.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 06:50:51 PM

I kinda can't wait to see the bus get a little bigger... wonder when that will happen?

Pages: « 1 ... 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 [2152] 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: