Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:26:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597140 times)
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:01:02 AM

The unique url doesnt lead you to google play or app store, so maybe it is a good way to bypass such scenario.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:01:46 AM

eeehhhmm i got 6 people (friends) from my contactlist in my phone to getgems, but i havent got any referral gemz .... werent i supposed to get rewarded?

Airdrop isn't out yet.
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 11:18:16 AM

May i also suggest a list of past transactions. with all the GEMZ sending and receiving here and there between friends, would be nice to have a history of it. Just for reference purposes. and useful too to know where one's GEMZ get sent to if one's GEMZ suddenly goes missing.

bitcoin wallet app, BitX, has a sleek design with simple straightforward functions/features. Worth a look.
play/explore around with it, get an idea or think of a better idea than BitX, build it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.bitx.android.wallet

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

clochard

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 12:58:11 PM

May i also suggest a list of past transactions. with all the GEMZ sending and receiving here and there between friends, would be nice to have a history of it. Just for reference purposes. and useful too to know where one's GEMZ get sent to if one's GEMZ suddenly goes missing.

Yes I also mentioned this one once already. That would be a great feature!

My compliments to the Gems developer team! It is really improving and the features you guys added are really an added value Smiley

Few points for improvement:

-When you click in the App on ‘send money’, only a Gems icon appears. When I click on the Gems icon, I can send Gems, but no Bitcoin. It would be nice if there would both the option ‘send Gems’, as well as ‘Send Bitcoin’.
- The QR code in the wallet is confusing with the Gems icon behind it. Is this also to receive Bitcoin? In that case, just put above the QR code: QR code to receive Gems and Bitcoin.
- If I want to pay and I want to scan a QR code, is that possible? If so, where? That would be something that should be introduced in the wallet as well, under the icon 'wallet with arrow'. There you can have multiple options of sending Gemz/Bitcoin: 'Scan QR code', 'send to address', 'send to friend in chat' or send to Facebook, Twitter, etc and wait for your friend to pick it up (while registering), just as with changetip
- If I click on the ‘wallet with arrow icon’ inside the wallet, I again only have the option to send Gemz. See last point.

For the rest, keep up the good work! I am looking forward to the iOS release Smiley
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 01:50:24 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2015, 02:15:03 PM by reRaise

-When you click in the App on ‘send money’, only a Gems icon appears. When I click on the Gems icon, I can send Gems, but no Bitcoin. It would be nice if there would both the option ‘send Gems’, as well as ‘Send Bitcoin’.

Agreed

- The QR code in the wallet is confusing with the Gems icon behind it.

I addressed this and they are going to improve it pretty nicely:

We pushed a new version that will fix the sizing issue and Gem qr code will look better.
Soon you will be able to make your own unique colorful QR code using any picture you like.

Is this also to receive Bitcoin? In that case, just put above the QR code: QR code to receive Gems and Bitcoin

Yes gemz and btc addresses are the same, but i agree majority of the users don't know this and agree with you that it should be made clear by putting a text above it.

- If I want to pay and I want to scan a QR code, is that possible? If so, where?

There is a QR scanner in the 'send to address' section if you click the wallet with arrow icon. You can put the address or scan QR code.

- If I click on the ‘wallet with arrow icon’ inside the wallet, I again only have the option to send Gemz. See last point.

Just tap on 'GEMZ' it changes to BTC. Just how you change it from gemz to btc in wallet. A small detail to improve here is when you tap on gemz to change it to btc the transition should be like how it changes in the wallet section which has a more elegant feel to it, in the 'send to address' section when you tap on gemz it doesn't have that elegant transitioning like in the 'wallet section' but rather changes quickly.
clochard

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 01:56:36 PM

There is a QR scanner in the 'send to address' section if you click the wallet with arrow icon. You can put the address or scan QR code.

I see it now. I appears after typing the amount of Bitcoin/Gemz and confirming it. I got confused because in the header it said 'send to address' and I expected thus to see there an option 'QR Code' as well.

Thanks for your reply!
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 08:47:22 PM

- Tapping on the GEMZ amount changes to BTC

- left swipe on the GEMZ amount changes between GEMZ and dollars

- left swipe on the BTC amount changes between BTC and dollars

We will add small arrows explaining this better.
Kartaba

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:28:04 PM

eeehhhmm i got 6 people (friends) from my contactlist in my phone to getgems, but i havent got any referral gemz .... werent i supposed to get rewarded?

Airdrop isn't out yet.

Thanx, i totally forgot hehe. All these crypto's, i forget whats what  Grin

Kartaba

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:32:32 PM

Things i hear from my friends: (beware these guys never heard of cryptocurrencies)

1- Emoticons are cool, we want more. Iconic emoticons would be very nice. ( i asked what he meant, he replied: iconic, you know?...  like superheroes(films,games), politicians etc.)

2- Is it possible to play a simple game in real time (tetris,snake, pacman - like graphics) with your contacts??  High-scores, tournaments among friends etc.)

3- Can gems be linked with my facebook ( or other social media) ?

Thanx Smiley
reRaise

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:31:19 PM

3- Can gems be linked with my facebook ( or other social media) ?

You can invite friends through FB, Twitter, WhatsApp, Viber to download the app,  just type invite  friends in the drop down menu. You will give them your own unique url which they can click on to install the app and your username will be prefilled automatically during the inviter step for rewards, but you can't chat with a fb or whatsapp user using getgems, you can chat to telegrams users with it though.
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 04:14:33 AM

GEMS Team...unable to view GEMZ amount in my wallet.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 05:55:39 AM

So FB is moving into the market. Don't know if this is good, bad or neutral for Gems.

http://www.wired.com/2015/03/can-now-send-money-facebook-whats/
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 07:37:59 AM

- Tapping on the GEMZ amount changes to BTC

- left swipe on the GEMZ amount changes between GEMZ and dollars

- left swipe on the BTC amount changes between BTC and dollars

We will add small arrows explaining this better.

Where do you get the price quotes from ?
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:27:44 AM

Please don't think I'm nitpicking just throwing it out there. I like the new wallet but something design wise doesn't quite fit with the previous work and while I'm no designer I think I know good design. The wallet I realized is influenced by the idea of skeuomorphism wow big word but basically design that is made to look kind of realistic, shadows,  reflections etc while the rest of the app clearly is based on the more fashionable flat style. In many ways while I like the new functions of the wallet now I miss the simple clean design which I think more flat. I'm not saying one is right but jumping between doesnt help unite a product look.

Plus keep to the same text fonts, I don't have the app in front of me now but I think the text font chnages around the app, could be wrong.
reRaise

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 10:39:28 AM

So FB is moving into the market. Don't know if this is good, bad or neutral for Gems.

It's centralised so its just like a bank, don't know if many want to store their money on fb, it has delays since it goes through a bank? Also its not bitcoin which is much cooler. I use them myself and no way i would use it for money transactions, i rather use a bank for fiat than fb.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 10:45:51 AM

Please don't think I'm nitpicking just throwing it out there. I like the new wallet but something design wise doesn't quite fit with the previous work and while I'm no designer I think I know good design. The wallet I realized is influenced by the idea of skeuomorphism wow big word but basically design that is made to look kind of realistic, shadows,  reflections etc while the rest of the app clearly is based on the more fashionable flat style. In many ways while I like the new functions of the wallet now I miss the simple clean design which I think more flat. I'm not saying one is right but jumping between doesnt help unite a product look.

Plus keep to the same text fonts, I don't have the app in front of me now but I think the text font chnages around the app, could be wrong.

We prefer the simple clean design also, the current design is only temporary.

It's a fail because it's centralised, don't know if many want to store their money on fb, it has delays since it goes through a bank, its not bitcoin which is much cooler. I hope fb fails hard on this one, i use them myself and no way i would use it for money transactions.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/03/17/facebook-pay/: "The money is instantly taken from their debit account and delivered to the recipient’s debit account. Facebook never holds the money, though the receiver’s bank will usually take a few days to make the funds available as is standard." :-)
reRaise

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 10:55:23 AM

We prefer the simple clean design also, the current design is only temporary.

It's a fail because it's centralised, don't know if many want to store their money on fb, it has delays since it goes through a bank, its not bitcoin which is much cooler. I hope fb fails hard on this one, i use them myself and no way i would use it for money transactions.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/03/17/facebook-pay/: "The money is instantly taken from their debit account and delivered to the recipient’s debit account. Facebook never holds the money, though the receiver’s bank will usually take a few days to make the funds available as is standard." :-)

Well there you go, fail.

Also the design looks pretty simple and clean to me, definitly a good start.
hector3115

Activity: 481
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 11:01:33 AM

And of course, Getgems offers what facebook NEVER can, decentralization.  Users rewarded to grow the network and get paid by advertisers.  This is why Getgems is the best there is out there. 

The only question is is the public smart enough to realize that or will the sheep continue to let facebook reap the rewards??

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 11:14:42 AM

And of course, Getgems offers what facebook NEVER can, decentralization.  Users rewarded to grow the network and get paid by advertisers.  This is why Getgems is the best there is out there.  

The only question is is the public smart enough to realize that or will the sheep continue to let facebook reap the rewards??

I was thinking about GetGems having a short advertisement, where 2 parties a girl and a boy are part of it. One of them goes to a coffeeshop where it accepts bitcoin and he/she realises that he forgot his wallet so he brings up GetGems and starts chatting with the other party and asks her if she can send him some money in 10 minutes and she sends him bitcoin showing the getgems wallet (maybe a glimpse of its earned gemz/referral or advertisement model. So he/she goes and buys a cup of coffee paying with bitcoin while another customer is amazed how that worked while holding fiat/change in his hands. With the GetGems outro 'Messaging that Pays'.

Its a pretty short ad and something that hasn't done yet even in the bitcoin space and actually not that hard and the fact that it also supports bitcoin it will be well received.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:26:00 PM

And of course, Getgems offers what facebook NEVER can, decentralization.  Users rewarded to grow the network and get paid by advertisers.  This is why Getgems is the best there is out there. 

Im afraid most wont care and actually many would prefer centralised as they percieve it to be more safe. Its important to know what the marketing hook is for gems. Personally i think the bitcoin element needs to be played down and the privacy and profit share needs to be pushed. Wiper i noticed has a healthy amount of users after one year and all they did was make privacy a selling point but even great bitcoin wallets have very low download counts. I dont like the idea of deception but gems hopefully is giving crypto to people that never asked for it. Also some love the idea of being against the big guys. Pr needs to push gems as the little guy pushing back I think.....which it is.
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: