Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:33:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597140 times)
zxbball

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:03:25 AM

First of all .gemz price need fly to the moon  that only way can add user and glasp people s atention
sologap

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 04:21:35 AM

this app made in "israel" to collect user data by mossad Grin

☠ CRAVEEmbraces the privacy movement ☠   
    Your Market. Your Blockchain Business. Your Profit.   
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 07:37:32 AM

Ironically your comment is far more likely to be stored on some NSA mainframe than any message using Telegram which has end to end encription. Grin
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 10:26:39 AM

lol they have better things to do than target Bitcoin geeks  Cheesy
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 11:29:28 AM

First of all .gemz price need fly to the moon  that only way can add user and glasp people s atention

Price to the moon would definitely add attention but my neighbour wouldn't be aware of it so it could be the users invite their network to join or different marketing strategies etc. So there are multiple ways.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 11:31:15 AM

This would be actually good news Roll Eyes it would mean this app would be backed by a huge force, meaning lots of money behind it, meaning millions of users, meaning billions of market cap etc. etc. Tongue
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 11:50:56 AM

I think one will feed into the other. As users increase the price will likely increase and as the price increase then that only helps motivate users.
bluebit25

Activity: 1680
Merit: 292

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 02:02:37 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2015, 02:26:56 PM by bluebit25

Once iOS app is released, where do you guys think the price will be? Also, will the price of GEMS be determined by exchanges or by advertisers or users?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 02:57:19 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2015, 03:16:40 PM by nextgencoin

Once iOS app is released, where do you guys think the price will be? Also, will the price of GEMS be determined by exchanges or by advertisers or users?

No one obviously knows but ill share my own opinion. I expect a pop in price just simply based on positive news about the app producing what it promised. Price discovery like anything in the free market is decided between buyers and sellers so obviously that is at exchanges. But the price I believe will increase as users increase. My main thinking for buying heavily into this coin is there are quite a few messenger apps that routinely get a million plus users....or a lot more. So if you have anything like a million users I recon you have the user base of Bitcoin over a short period (potentially). the problem with 99.9% of altcoins is they never get past around 10,000 users so in reality their inflated price is based on potential that is rarely realised. with Gems IF it gets a million users or even 100,000 users that a massive user base compared to any other alt. There is one question a friend of mine mentioned is just cause you get tons of users doesn't guarantee you will get them to use the Gems. I agree with that but hopefully gems as a company will leverage a decent sized user base. I personally want to quickly see a way for users to either spend or convert their Gems to Bitcoin or fiat cause to the average Joe they won't see value in gems unless they can get something tangible and sadly to many people even fiat is tangible but better they can buy stuff directly with Gems or Bitcoin. On top of that as advertisers gain interest they will add to demand for Gems and become buyers to reach users. I personally think advertisers will only really be interested a bit later when the user base has expended. In my mind its all about increasing the user base, it's kind of like a small snowball rolling down a hill as it gains momentum it grows creating more and more momentum as it does. I'm as tired as everyone with bullshit hype in altcoins but ai honestly believe Gems could well be a powder keg that blows up and we get a few million users then price wise we really could go to the moon.  Grin

Ps I'm just a user. I think the team are too busy to answer everyones questions, but they will I'm sure as they get past the big milestones.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 03:30:14 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2015, 03:43:22 PM by Netnox

^ If you look at tsu, it's a social network like fb but it's build on attention economy and its app has between 500k to 1m downloads. If you check youtube on tsu you see in comments everyone putting their profile link to get more followers to earn more on the content they share. What im saying is tsu gives you an idea how such model gets received by the wider public which is very positive, getgems can be that to whatsapp, although tsu uses dollars which is widely used but if gemz would have an easy way to convert them in app than it would attract more users i think.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 03:59:20 PM

^ If you look at tsu, it's a social network like fb but it's build on attention economy and its app has between 500k to 1m downloads. If you check youtube on tsu you see in comments everyone putting their profile link to get more followers to earn more on the content they share. What im saying is tsu gives you an idea how such model gets received by the wider public which is very positive, getgems can be that to whatsapp, although tsu uses dollars which is widely used but if gemz would have an easy way to convert them in app than it would attract more users i think.

What makes me even more positive for a messenger app is how many downloads even really crappy ones get, this one has around 100,000-500,000 and that's just on android obviously.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mywickr.wickr2&hl=en_GB

I wonder how many messenger apps have 1m plus users. I see ones like this one has over 150m and I never even heard of it.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nimbuzz&hl=en_GB

Being the new FB is so much harder then being a relatively popular messenger app.
bluebit25

Activity: 1680
Merit: 292

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 04:37:01 PM

Let's say iOS app is released next week. And in the first week we get 10,000 new users. What would that do to the price? Would it be $1?

$1 would mean it would pass Litecoin in marketcap.

GEMZ doesn't really have many exchanges or volume yet. Would investors start cashing out if we get buyers?

Once news breaks out we get buyers, volume increases, increases attention, more buyers. If we get on more exchanges = more volume.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 04:44:28 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2015, 05:13:17 PM by yoyoamigo

^ If you look at tsu, it's a social network like fb but it's build on attention economy and its app has between 500k to 1m downloads. If you check youtube on tsu you see in comments everyone putting their profile link to get more followers to earn more on the content they share. What im saying is tsu gives you an idea how such model gets received by the wider public which is very positive, getgems can be that to whatsapp, although tsu uses dollars which is widely used but if gemz would have an easy way to convert them in app than it would be great.

putting aside other features that GetGems has like GIFs, secret chats, ability to add friends through contacts, etc.

does Tsu have encryption or security better than Telegram for messages? Or Blockchain Technology [GEMS] for its money/wallet?
does Tsu allow users to use the app itself to make purchases at shops, etc?
does Tsu have any plans to get involve in the Bitcoin and Blockchain Technology Scene?

Tsu and GetGems on Getting Paid
GetGems app allows users to enable advertisements and sponsored messages to get paid. Let me focus on this and just this alone: (1) firstly getting paid just to view ads. how awesome is that? in Tsu, you have to create content by doing whatever you do on FB or Whatsapp to get paid (2) Ads CAN be extremely good if targeted and used properly. Ads are bad if they don't interest the users at all. Ads can mostly be about promotions. i myself would love to keep track of promotions. And to be honest, its a HASSLE to do so when you are keeping track of so many. If GetGems goes global and becomes the Whatsapp 2.0 or the Next-Gen IM, one day i would love to just view ads from specific brands like UNIQLO or Macdonalds or specific categories like food, electronics, etc. Choosing the Ads that we are interested in...it helps a lot. its a win-win-win situation, for users, advertisers and GetGems. Does Tsu have that now? At least its part of GetGems plans.  

Tsu was founded in 2013, launch around October 2014. and has 500k - 1M users. It has been about 6 months already. I guess it goes to show how 'powerful' this 'attention economy' and 'getting paid to IM/Facebook' is. But Tsu is going to lag behind soon in a year's time if it doesn't do anything to its app, VS competitors like GetGems and Synerheo.

i have to admit - Tsu is kinda late to start this "Attention Economy" Scene. Might have been great if it was a few years ago. But now its like...GetGems and Synerheo are about to barge in and take the spotlight. Let's not forget GetGems had a few hiccups along the way with its development. But progress has been good to be 100% accurate. just not perfect as we all wanted. But they have been fixing bugs on the spot and have been pretty damn active on this forum when it comes to that.

just to throw in an idea, a suggestion, if i rmb correctly that someone commented about being asked by his/her friend if GetGems has games on it. Hmm...games...Yea...i remember how Windows Live Messenger had games on it. Being able to play with friends. maybe the GEMS Team can just create a very simple game for a start. nothing too graphical or too coded. just super simple ones that we can play with friends while chatting. i was even thinking of having the option to wager/bet GEMS between friends. put a MAX cap on the amount of cos. like 0.00000100 GEMZ maximum? lol...

Let's say iOS app is released next week. And in the first week we get 10,000 new users. What would that do to the price? Would it be $1?

GEMZ doesn't really have many exchanges or volume yet. Would investors start cashing out if we get buyers?

Once news breaks out we get buyers, volume increases, increases attention, more buyers. If we get on more exchanges = more volume.

lol...$1...that's x69 of the current price. and for just 10k users? lol...let me take a rough guess though. i think i would see a rise of x3-5 of the current price for 10k new users. And it creates a new Ground Floor at around x2 of its current price. as in, the lowest that GEMS' price can fall to. From there on, it slowly rises, quickly rises or rises in an up and down manner.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 05:07:12 PM

Good thing about Gems is its almost FUD free cause you can't trick the user downloads counter on apps. I see the only limit to price is the donwload count. If we got 10,000 in one week then damn we might be looking at potentially an app that has 100,000 in a month and then a million in a year then who knows? I personally will judge this apps value based solely on downoads. IF we ever did get in the millions like some big apps then I believe a bigger marketcap than Bitcoin has at present is justified. Bitcoin however will benefit from any succes of the app. One thing I would say is no app got a million users overnight, even the big ones had a slow season to build up its userbase, it takes time, months even years.

I personally think we will get to $1 but I admit we need to get around 100,000 users to justify that price.  
xrobesx

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 05:32:46 PM

And of course, Getgems offers what facebook NEVER can, decentralization.  Users rewarded to grow the network and get paid by advertisers.  This is why Getgems is the best there is out there.  

The only question is is the public smart enough to realize that or will the sheep continue to let facebook reap the rewards??

I was thinking about GetGems having a short advertisement, where 2 parties a girl and a boy are part of it. One of them goes to a coffeeshop where it accepts bitcoin and he/she realises that he forgot his wallet so he brings up GetGems and starts chatting with the other party and asks her if she can send him some money in 10 minutes and she sends him bitcoin showing the getgems wallet (maybe a glimpse of its earned gemz/referral or advertisement model. So he/she goes and buys a cup of coffee paying with bitcoin while another customer is amazed how that worked while holding fiat/change in his hands. With the GetGems outro 'Messaging that Pays'.

Its a pretty short ad and something that hasn't done yet even in the bitcoin space and actually not that hard and the fact that it also supports bitcoin it will be well received.

that sounds awesome! That really would be a great scenario to show the benefits of GetGems and Bitcoin.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 07:18:41 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2015, 11:50:34 PM by Netnox

^ If you look at tsu, it's a social network like fb but it's build on attention economy and its app has between 500k to 1m downloads. If you check youtube on tsu you see in comments everyone putting their profile link to get more followers to earn more on the content they share. What im saying is tsu gives you an idea how such model gets received by the wider public which is very positive, getgems can be that to whatsapp, although tsu uses dollars which is widely used but if gemz would have an easy way to convert them in app than it would be great.

putting aside other features that GetGems has like GIFs, secret chats, ability to add friends through contacts, etc.

does Tsu have encryption or security better than Telegram for messages? Or Blockchain Technology [GEMS] for its money/wallet?
does Tsu allow users to use the app itself to make purchases at shops, etc?
does Tsu have any plans to get involve in the Bitcoin and Blockchain Technology Scene?

Tsu and GetGems on Getting Paid
GetGems app allows users to enable advertisements and sponsored messages to get paid. Let me focus on this and just this alone: (1) firstly getting paid just to view ads. how awesome is that? in Tsu, you have to create content by doing whatever you do on FB or Whatsapp to get paid (2) Ads CAN be extremely good if targeted and used properly. Ads are bad if they don't interest the users at all. Ads can mostly be about promotions. i myself would love to keep track of promotions. And to be honest, its a HASSLE to do so when you are keeping track of so many. If GetGems goes global and becomes the Whatsapp 2.0 or the Next-Gen IM, one day i would love to just view ads from specific brands like UNIQLO or Macdonalds or specific categories like food, electronics, etc. Choosing the Ads that we are interested in...it helps a lot. its a win-win-win situation, for users, advertisers and GetGems. Does Tsu have that now? At least its part of GetGems plans.  

Tsu was founded in 2013, launch around October 2014. and has 500k - 1M users. It has been about 6 months already. I guess it goes to show how 'powerful' this 'attention economy' and 'getting paid to IM/Facebook' is. But Tsu is going to lag behind soon in a year's time if it doesn't do anything to its app, VS competitors like GetGems and Synerheo.

i have to admit - Tsu is kinda late to start this "Attention Economy" Scene. Might have been great if it was a few years ago. But now its like...GetGems and Synerheo are about to barge in and take the spotlight. Let's not forget GetGems had a few hiccups along the way with its development. But progress has been good to be 100% accurate. just not perfect as we all wanted. But they have been fixing bugs on the spot and have been pretty damn active on this forum when it comes to that.

just to throw in an idea, a suggestion, if i rmb correctly that someone commented about being asked by his/her friend if GetGems has games on it. Hmm...games...Yea...i remember how Windows Live Messenger had games on it. Being able to play with friends. maybe the GEMS Team can just create a very simple game for a start. nothing too graphical or too coded. just super simple ones that we can play with friends while chatting. i was even thinking of having the option to wager/bet GEMS between friends. put a MAX cap on the amount of cos. like 0.00000100 GEMZ maximum? lol...

lol...$1...that's x69 of the current price. and for just 10k users? lol...let me take a rough guess though. i think i would see a rise of x3-5 of the current price for 10k new users. And it creates a new Ground Floor at around x2 of its current price. as in, the lowest that GEMS' price can fall to. From there on, it slowly rises, quickly rises or rises in an up and down manner.

I think GetGems will allow advertisers to target users according to their interests, Daniel talked about it somewhere in an interview. It's awesome that you just have to view ads to get paid, it's a value 3.0 project where you will be compensated for your attention. I think not only is this the first in a messaging app but first in all kinds of social networks?

I agree GetGems is more innovative than Tsu since it runs on a whole new technology and less of a hassle too, you just have the app and you don't have to do much really. It's also in your favour to have a broad getgems network, the more users you have the more chance of you being targeted by ads.
Vrezor

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 03:20:15 PM

Quack messenger interestingly has a pretty similar advertisement model.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 03:51:11 PM

Interesting, it is a similar share the wealth of the advertising model, but still the wallet and crypto element is all missing. It's seems a basic share thing though. But yeah interesting, it looks like it's probably got around 1/2 million downloads already as well. That's the beauty of this angle on crypto, plenty of room for different players. ie it's not unrealistic for us to get a million users as many others are.
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 04:00:18 PM

Interesting, it is a similar share the wealth of the advertising model, but still the wallet and crypto element is all missing. It's seems a basic share thing though. But yeah interesting, it looks like it's probably got around 1/2 million downloads already as well. That's the beauty of this angle on crypto, plenty of room for different players. ie it's not unrealistic for us to get a million users as many others are.

model is interesting, but poorly done and not even close to Getgems advertisement model because payouts are every 30 days and i read that you need to wait more than that to receive a tiny amount like 2-3 months which is retarded, also their advertisement model is just a banner you see in chat nothing more and inviting people. The advertisement model of Getgems offers much more cool options like pay for sending personal unsolicited messages, pay for sending private message ads, pay for priority messages, pay for a sponsored appearance in the contact list / user directory, pay for a commercial company page / e-commerce and you dont have to wait freaking 30 to 90 days to cash out, also you can transfer money bitcoin/gemz which quack doesnt have. but EVEN then quack has has tons of downloads, so u can see the interest.
nickap

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 02:22:18 AM

I just voted to add GEMZ to the Cryptsy trading platform. Have you? We need everyone to vote for gems, this will spark much more interest by having gems on a larger platform. I am using all of my cryptsy points to increase the vote count. You can also use btc to increase the votes. https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: