Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:01:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597140 times)
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 01:21:56 PM

FB Messenger button

FB Messenger is another option we are testing for inviting friends to the app.

Ah ok got it, it threw me as it sent me to download Messenger so it got me assuming it was an alert for Messenger.

Daniel did you see what I wrote about about making a watching address a few posts up?
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 01:36:24 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2015, 02:07:27 PM by peled1986

Daniel did you see what I wrote about about making a watching address a few posts up?

Update: I got a bit adventurous and deiced to make this watch only address. So basically it let me input my gems app actual address and label it as my gems wallet. All seems ok and it shows it as a watching wallet. BUT it said as it created it that the address is ALREADY in my wallet so I'm now wondering if there was another way to reveal it?

Great idea - anyone can add their off-chain address as a watch only address in counterwallet.
[The message "address is already in your wallet" pops up with any address you will input - counterparty devs said its a bug which will be fixed]
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:13:53 PM

Once again great update and awesome activity / involvement with the community even after the crowdsale, something you won't really find in Crypto projects.

Couple points which i came across.

1) In wallet under referrals my earned Gems is showing 6, but in the middle of the screen it shows 0 Gems.

2) I'm sure a couple of friends typed my username during inviter step, but in wallet next to referrals it shows 0.

3) Sending a message to a FB friend through the FB SDK doesn't deliver, but sending a message through the regular FB messenger app does deliver.

4) So when i transfer Gems from within the app to Counterparty that will be on-chain right, and in order to do that i'll have to have extra Gems to cover fees right?

5) Is transferring Bitcoin in-app on-chain or off-chain?

Big improvements to me:

1) Great to see the app asking for secret passphrase and PIN when you want to log out.

2) Registration process improved a lot.

3) "in the future will test the ability to send gemz/btc directly to facebook friends." wow this is pretty huge, wonder how it will work.

4) Making transactions through QR code is now very simple, send and receive in one window.

5) Great job on additional documentation and change log, very noob friendly.

6) I noticed you changed GEMZ in wallet to GEMS which after thinking about it, it makes totally sense. The app is called getGEMS and not getGEMZ, so working with GEMS instead is the best option. I remember you guys changed the token name to GEMZ but imo it should just be GEMS. GEMZ is confusing, because some scenarios you talk about GEMZ and other times you say GEMS, so considering to change the tokens to GEMS and keeping it that way is more logical imo. Also i think GetGems should replace GEMZ in this Threads title.

7) The iOS sneak peak looks superb, really looking forward to it.

peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:45:28 PM

Once again great update and awesome activity / involvement with the community even after the crowdsale, something you won't really find in Crypto projects.

Couple points which i came across.
1) In wallet under referrals my earned Gems is showing 6, but in the middle of the screen it shows 0 Gems.
2) I'm sure a couple of friends typed my username during inviter step, but in wallet next to referrals it shows 0.
3) Sending a message to a FB friend through the FB SDK doesn't deliver, but sending a message through the regular FB messenger app does deliver.
4) So when i transfer Gems from within the app to Counterparty that will be on-chain right, and in order to do that i'll have to have extra Gems to cover fees right?
5) Is transferring Bitcoin in-app on-chain or off-chain?

Big improvements to me:
1) Great to see the app asking for secret passphrase and PIN when you want to log out.
2) Registration process improved a lot.
3) "in the future will test the ability to send gemz/btc directly to facebook friends." wow this is pretty huge, wonder how it will work.
4) Making transactions through QR code is now very simple, send and receive in one window.
5) Great job on additional documentation and change log, very noob friendly.
6) I noticed you changed GEMZ in wallet to GEMS which after thinking about it, it makes totally sense. The app is called getGEMS and not getGEMZ, so working with GEMS instead is the best option. I remember you guys changed the token name to GEMZ but imo it should just be GEMS. GEMZ is confusing, because some scenarios you talk about GEMZ and other times you say GEMS, so considering to change the tokens to GEMS and keeping it that way is more logical imo. Also i think GetGems should replace GEMZ in this Threads title.

7) The iOS sneak peak looks superb, really looking forward to it.

Thank you for the feedback!

(1) + (2) we are aware of this and will push a fix soon.
(3) can you elaborate? [adding a fix that only users with FB messenger will be able to see this button]
(4) yes, the fee is 1 Gem
(5) Bitcoin in-app is only on-chain
(6) We agree with you. [Unfortunately the GEMS asset was registered a long time ago by someone else]
reRaise

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:42:10 PM

Thank you for the feedback!

(3) can you elaborate? [adding a fix that only users with FB messenger will be able to see this button]

When i tried to send a message from fb messenger in the wallet section of the app, it didn't deliver to my friend in fb, but i tried the same using the fb messenger app ins self (so not from getgems) it delivered the message. If it works for you then the issue is from my side.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:55:46 PM

App is maturing very nicely definitely the hottest Crypto messenger right now, it is capable of being worth 100M in market cap.
clochard

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 06:16:29 PM

Great update guys!  Cool

Would it be possible to add a 'call Getgems contact' option and calling over the Telegram network?

Since Whatsapp added this function today (quite a timing btw), it would be nice to offer such a killer solution as well, besides the well known crypto and attention reward features it already boasts. I already feel the arguments of Whatsapp lovers coming: "but hey, Whatsapp just added a call option, Getgems does not have that, I stick with Whatsapp!"
lijji

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:00:26 PM

Had some friends type my username wrong when they signed up, is there a way for them to correct it?

I also found that by tapping the getgems version number 5 or so times put it into a dev mode. now is stuck in a crash loop every time I open it.  It also has a ripple address.  Are you guys using ripple for the off chain tx?

How to exist dev mode?
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:36:01 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2015, 07:53:23 PM by peled1986

Had some friends type my username wrong when they signed up, is there a way for them to correct it?

No  Undecided

I also found that by tapping the getgems version number 5 or so times put it into a dev mode. now is stuck in a crash loop every time I open it.  It also has a ripple address.  Are you guys using ripple for the off chain tx?
How to exist dev mode?

We apologies for this, a fix has been pushed to production.
[we examined the ripple/stellar on-chain protocol (and others), to see if its a valuable solution for GEMZ off-chain transactions. Finally we implemented a different solution]  
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:39:49 PM

Great update guys!  Cool

Would it be possible to add a 'call Getgems contact' option and calling over the Telegram network?

Since Whatsapp added this function today (quite a timing btw), it would be nice to offer such a killer solution as well, besides the well known crypto and attention reward features it already boasts. I already feel the arguments of Whatsapp lovers coming: "but hey, Whatsapp just added a call option, Getgems does not have that, I stick with Whatsapp!"

We agree with you, including VOIP in the app is becoming a must have.
We already started exploring the different possibilities of adding this feature.
Vrezor

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 11:36:45 PM

The bitcoin and Gems icons are still cut off for me on the wallet screen.
Kartaba

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:04:25 AM

I noticed on my phone getgems got update Smiley yeey congratulations!
lijji

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 01:14:44 AM

No  Undecided

I also found that by tapping the getgems version number 5 or so times put it into a dev mode. now is stuck in a crash loop every time I open it.  It also has a ripple address.  Are you guys using ripple for the off chain tx?
How to exist dev mode?

We apologies for this, a fix has been pushed to production.
[we examined the ripple/stellar on-chain protocol (and others), to see if its a valuable solution for GEMZ off-chain transactions. Finally we implemented a different solution]  

No apologies nesasary, you guys are doing a great. Just reporting anything I find.  Thanks for the quick reply.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 04:38:41 AM

Great update guys!  Cool

We agree with you, including VOIP in the app is becoming a must have.
We already started exploring the different possibilities of adding this feature.

Excellent.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 04:39:56 AM

Update: I got a bit adventurous and deiced to make this watch only address. So basically it let me input my gems app actual address and label it as my gems wallet. All seems ok and it shows it as a watching wallet. BUT it said as it created it that the address is ALREADY in my wallet so I'm now wondering if there was another way to reveal it?

Great idea - anyone can add their off-chain address as a watch only address in counterwallet.
[The message "address is already in your wallet" pops up with any address you will input - counterparty devs said its a bug which will be fixed]

Watch-Only Rocks - The watch only address doesn't update after GEMS are send to other users.. Wallet balance is now 20 GEMS while the CounterParty watch-only address is still at my starting balance 57 (about an hour has past since the first transfer).

And will there be support for CounterParty Multi-Sig addresses for storage of larger amounts of GEMS

Yeah its a shame the watch address seems not to update, plus it makes me wonder what the point of it is in the counterparty wallet. I guess as Daniel said we have to think of the app as literally our wallet full of cash. Would be great however in the future if we could have some representation of our wallet in counterparty or somewhere.
reRaise

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 10:49:13 AM

I don't understand this part can someone elaborate?

NOTE: Your existing In-App GEMZ will need to be transferred to the off-chain address using https://counterwallet.io/ for the GEMZ to be displayed by the App.

I have 2 referrals, but the app shows 0 Gems, does it have something to do with the quote above?
Odsejen

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:27:00 PM

the app looks not bad, but i have problems with inviting people.
I tried it before the update and the person which installed the app, can choose a name to refer.
After the update, there is no possibility to name a referrer and also the step, where you get
your wallet (counterparty) passphrase is missing.
How can i easily give a referrer name when a new person is installing getgems (or is it not possible anymore,
if the person had already installed telegram?), i don't want to send invitations, i just want the option that
the person can type a name to refer, after installing the app.

- Odsejen LISK Delegate - Vote for Odsejen - LISK-forum / more info
Odsejen

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:46:23 PM

I tried it before the update and the person which installed the app, can choose a name to refer.
After the update, there is no possibility to name a referrer and also the step, where you get
How can i easily give a referrer name when a new person is installing getgems (or is it not possible anymore,
if the person had already installed telegram?), i don't want to send invitations, i just want the option that

The referrer options provided by GetGems pre-fills your username into the link you send to your contact. https://api.getgems.org/r/?r=Daruhshie is what mine looks like. I presume you can just change it using your username and it should work.
You can find your counterparty wallet pass phrase under settings > pass phrase recovery.

Ok, but i am missing the option to just write the name of my invitant (as the (or some) version(s) before), when i am making a fresh installing of the app.
You mean the program not shows anymore your passphrase in the beginning (when i making a fresh installing)?

PS: There should be an overview of referall possibilites and fitting links etc... ( to the developers), not every interested person have time to read and search hours of hours,
just to be sure that i'm doing it right.

Odsejen

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 02:09:05 PM

The referrer options provided by GetGems pre-fills your username into the link you send to your contact. https://api.getgems.org/r/?r=Daruhshie is what mine looks like. I presume you can just change it using your username and it should work.
You can find your counterparty wallet pass phrase under settings > pass phrase recovery.

Ok, but i am missing the option to just write the name of my invitant (as the (or some) version(s) before), when i am making a fresh installing of the app.
You mean the program not shows anymore your passphrase in the beginning (when i making a fresh installing)?

PS: There should be an overview of referall possibilites and fitting links etc... ( to the developers), not every interested person have time to read and search hours of hours,

It now works via the invitation link where it is pre-filled as far as I know. Which makes it more convenient. You don't have to run after all your contacts to remind them to use your name during install, your name was registered when your contact downloaded the app via your invitation link.. Still buggy because none of my personally verified invites + installs did not get added to my referals. (bugg report submitted)

During install a new pass phrase is auto created, it won''t be shown while you are in the middle of your install but your can find it in settings > pass phrase recovery once you finish your install.

Ok thank you that makes it clearer, but i want the option back, where you can write your invitators name directly into the app, when i start it the first time.
I am an oldy and don't want to adapt to invitation links (or facebook or twitter or whatever, i just want to use the messenger app in a old school way and
only because i'm stuck in cryptos  Grin ).
And where can i find a link to the referral options provided by getgems?

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 02:21:28 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2015, 03:31:40 PM by Netnox

It now works via the invitation link where it is pre-filled as far as I know. Which makes it more convenient. You don't have to run after all your contacts to remind them to use your name during install, your name was registered when your contact downloaded the app via your invitation link.. Still buggy because none of my personally verified invites + installs did not get added to my referals. (bugg report submitted)

During install a new pass phrase is auto created, it won''t be shown while you are in the middle of your install but your can find it in settings > pass phrase recovery once you finish your install.

Ok thank you that makes it clearer, but i want the option back, where you can write your invitators name directly into the app, when i start it the first time.
I am an oldy and don't want to adapt to invitation links (or facebook or twitter or whatever, i just want to use the messenger app in a old school way and
only because i'm stuck in cryptos  Grin ).
And where can i find a link to the referral options provided by getgems?

Tap upper left where the drop down menu shows up and tap 'invite friends', there you can send them links through viber, whatsapp, Facebook, twitter and any other messaging app you have installed.

There is also an option in the wallet section on the upper right with the puppet + icon which invites friends from telegram which you can just select which friends you want to chose and next to the puppet + icon is a Facebook messenger icon which you can select users from your friends list to send them invitation link.

Inviting through 'invite friends' option with Facebook makes a status update on your Facebook profile and inviting through the Facebook messenger icon in 'wallet' lets you chose Facebook friends whom you want to invite.

- Although i get the message not sent when inviting through the Facebook messenger icon in 'wallet'.
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: