Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:10:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which video you like the most for LitecoinDark?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njZCeOibh_Y&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftKAUxwX7TQ&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb8ixDXwqQs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USuLSFUVY7E

Pages: « 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 [292] 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ... 406 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTCD] LitecoinDark.com ★ Scrypt ★ Difficulty Shield ★ Multipool ★ Fast  (Read 368513 times)
voodoo1967

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Litecoindark Reddit Moderator

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:00:57 AM

I just have a feeling ltcd is going to take off soon to a new floor.  Grin
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:17:39 AM

I just have a feeling ltcd is going to take off soon to a new floor.  Grin

Perhaps.  The block reward will be halving from 400 to 200 in the next day or two which should help.  v1.2, which I think is when they'll do the new block reward structure, will definitely help.  However, we're going into the weekend and a lot of coins tend to go down on the weekends.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
voodoo1967

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:24:25 AM

true and Fridays are not the best even on the stock market lol . Speaking of they just had the largest one day drop of 2014 on the exchanges. Last night I watched someone on bittrex trying to bring the price down by selling well under the asking price lol. They want cheap coins to load up on lol .The selling price was 1365 and they  sold 1.2 btc worth at 1288 lol driving down the price . So something big is coming I think lol
Viper1

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:33:59 AM

true and Fridays are not the best even on the stock market lol . Speaking of they just had the largest one day drop of 2014 on the exchanges. Last night I watched someone on bittrex trying to bring the price down by selling well under the asking price lol. They want cheap coins to load up on lol .The selling price was 1365 and they  sold 1.2 btc worth at 1288 lol driving down the price . So something big is coming I think lol

Something has been going on with a lot of coins this week.  I have a script where I've set what I felt was a "floor" for a lot of coins and all I'm seeing is a sea of red.  Soooo many coins have just dropped a hell of a lot in the last few days.

forbesmining

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:59:23 AM

I'm on wallet 1.1.2 stuck at 36999...help?

you could try deleting the peers.dat file and close the wallet then restart it. Back up your wallet.dat file though and give it a few mins to sync

Deleted peers.dat, still not syncing..

Double check your version number on the about page.  Should say 1.1.2-dev if you're on the right wallet.  The block number you posted suggests you're using the 1.2 wallet which is now defunct due to the failed fork.

v1.1.2-dev--> is where I am, that's why it's confounding  Huh

voodoo1967

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:01:51 AM

down the wallet from the homepage it should work fine. Smiley
xX_otto_Xx

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:11:39 AM

Wow, some nice fud the last few pages from people that want a P&D coin and don't have any clue as to what it takes to develop something so I'll offer my perspective.

The roadmap "dates" are immaterial.  Things on that list will be delayed, they will switch places and some will be dropped and new things added. That's the nature of development as new ideas come out and/or you hit difficulties.  All that matters is that there is constant progress even if it's slow at times.  And it will be slow at times as the dev tackles some of the more difficult features.  That's going to cause the price to fluctuate as the day traders and those in the coin for quick profits manipulate things.  That's natural and anyone investing in the coin needs to understand that and ignore all those that will come in the thread whining about it.  I'll be blunt though.  As someone that has a lot of development experience, when I look at the roadmap, I believe that many of the items on there will get shifted by a couple weeks as the development time for some of them feel too short to me.  IMO things will stretch out to more like Feb 2015 for the completion of all the listed features.

Yes, right now LTCD doesn't offer much but it's the devs (TrollByFire) vision that is important here.  Outside the features outlined, what's more important is that he's developing a coin that is more akin to being plug and play.  The features are being developed in a modular manner with the Difficulty shield being the first part of that.  If a new difficulty method was needed, it's just a matter of dropping in a replacement.  Once Tor is done, if there are issues with it or it needs a security upgrade, you drop in a new module.  Adding new features down the road also becomes more along the lines of dropping in a new module which, although not always a given, would not require recompiling the core.

PoS vs Tor switching places.  Anyone that thinks Tor is somehow more important than PoS, is only interested in the coins current price and short term profits.  PoS is an important step (along with the block reward change), towards long term stability and viability of the coin.  As such it's very important it gets done "now".  Based on a conversation I had with the dev a couple weeks ago, it's also my understanding that this will be a "new" method that will improve upon some of the issues inherent in PoS coins that are based on the old "coin age" method in coins like Peercoin.  The one thing I really don't like though is that the whitepaper says 0%.  Coins will be lost etc as time progresses and IMO there needs to be some marginal rate along the lines of 2%.

Reward change.  Ok, yeah, that's been a bit of a mess.  First there was the failed implementation but that sort of thing will happen at times.   Interestingly, there was 3 or so other coins that had block chain issues and even a coin hack at the same time.  One of those took a couple weeks of the network basically being down to get fixed.  Since then there's been the miscommunication about when it would finally be implemented since the initial announcement about the wallet update said it was a mandatory update which many took to mean it included the block reward change.  Well that shit happens especially with a new team that are learning how to communicate with each other.  But it does not mean that somehow the dev isn't implementing it as some have suggested.

To sum up, when you're writing new code and/or changing the underlaying code, development takes time and cannot be predicted to exact dates.  If you want to invest in a coin, then invest in the dev, his vision, and the strength of the community.  If you're looking to "get rich quick", find a pump and dump coin.

If your complimenting on what I was saying, It had nothing to do with PnD, 75,688,412 LTCD Already been mined, Maximum coins: 82.003.200 PoS is Useless, Many LTCD Millionaire, Price goes up ppl will dump. Do the Math (Unless you know something diff, and if so please explain) The coin is one month old and almost completely mined up, am I wrong, last i check marketcap page said 75,688,412 LTCD available. If so tell me. Ok if only a few million coin are left to be mined, How is PoS going to work, what going to get ppl to hold the coins in there wallet to stake interest. another thing if coin are all mined and no coins for PoS, how does the coin move in the blockchain, for fast transaction. we are running out of coins and we are running out of time and no the roadmap that been laid out is not being follow as plan, and I maybe wrong but you can look back I believe Litecoin Dev said the some of the pre-mine was to hire dev to do the features, So does that mean we dont have anyone to do the features, I see so many trust-fund babies saying they have million of coins they dont need money, that we are a bunch of loser, trust-fund babies dont need a job, they dont care if they get fired, Well guys im not that guy, I work hard for my money and proud of it. And I hate seeing my investment going down the drain, Guy im not only complaining to save my investment, I hate to see you guys loose ur investment too, So when mister dickhead get online and start running u down bcuz ur a bunch of proud people, just tell that dickhead to **** off, But u know what we got to look up to this week, a new video contest and sign up for reddit, this is bullshit, We are screwed, No PoS and No reduce of Block Rewards hurt us, and our PR guys say many months away, and the info is none of our business we will release it when we are ready, And u know it all that trying to shut me up, dont just answer one of these question, answer all these question. And the way i see it, no one buying these coins anymore, the bots are keeping it a float, and price is slowly going down. WELL Im done for the night, im not going to fill the pages up with ur guys FUD trying to get the answer I need, But if you ignore these question I will repost it.
Viper1

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:15:16 AM

I'm on wallet 1.1.2 stuck at 36999...help?

you could try deleting the peers.dat file and close the wallet then restart it. Back up your wallet.dat file though and give it a few mins to sync

Deleted peers.dat, still not syncing..

Double check your version number on the about page.  Should say 1.1.2-dev if you're on the right wallet.  The block number you posted suggests you're using the 1.2 wallet which is now defunct due to the failed fork.

v1.1.2-dev--> is where I am, that's why it's confounding  Huh

Perhaps create the config file listed in the OP and/or delete the blockchain and try again.

bitcoinbelieve

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:16:58 AM

you guys should never let anybody else's opinion influence your trading that's why 99.9 percent of all you on here lose money. make your own decisions and youl go far in life

You are 100% correct
Viper1

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:37:32 AM

If your complimenting on what I was saying, It had nothing to do with PnD, 75,688,412 LTCD Already been mined, Maximum coins: 82.003.200 PoS is Useless, Many LTCD Millionaire, Price goes up ppl will dump. Do the Math (Unless you know something diff, and if so please explain) The coin is one month old and almost completely mined up, am I wrong, last i check marketcap page said 75,688,412 LTCD available. If so tell me. Ok if only a few million coin are left to be mined

Nothing can be done about how many coins are already out there now.  It's my perspective that the initial coin, before TrollByFire came on board, was heading a much different direction than now and changes are being made to remedy that with things like the block reward change coming up.  Yes, there are going to be people that are going to dump their coins.  That will lead to a better distribution but will take some time to play out.

How is PoS going to work, what going to get ppl to hold the coins in there wallet to stake interest. another thing if coin are all mined and no coins for PoS, how does the coin move in the blockchain, for fast transaction.

I don't think you know how PoS works.  PoS "typically" creates new coins so it never really runs out, there's just a lot less of them being "mined".  And that's one of the reasons that people stake with their wallet, to get those coins.  Another method is that "staking" (typically called forging in other coins like NXT), has the person get the transaction fees as a reward for staking with their wallets.  Now at this point, we don't know what method TrollByFire is actually implementing only that there will be some form of PoS.  I for one would like to see one of the new and improved type PoS methods with at least a 2% rate. Having said that, I know of another "forging" type coin where people have setup nodes and get a lot of coins due to the transaction fees.  But that just rewards those that can afford to run nodes and have a lot of coins already, something I would not like to see happen with this coin.

the roadmap that been laid out is not being follow as plan

In what way? As far as I know, the only things that's changed at this point is PoS swapping places with Tor which I completely agree with as it's more important as far as I'm concerned right now.

and I maybe wrong but you can look back I believe Litecoin Dev said the some of the pre-mine was to hire dev to do the features, So does that mean we dont have anyone to do the features

TrollByFire is the dev working on the features. Whether or not some of the planned features or something new will be done by someone else they hire, is yet to be determined and not all that important either at this point.

And I hate seeing my investment going down the drain, Guy im not only complaining to save my investment

I feel like you're panicking about the current price volatility.  I would suggest that either you get out of your investment or you buckle your seatbelt as I predict there will be more ups and downs over the next month or so.  Look at any coin and that's just the way it is.

Frankly, I don't know what has got you all riled up.  Development takes time.  As shown with the attempt to lower the block reward quickly, you have to make your changes and then test the shit out of it before actually releasing something.  You simply can't roll out code changes every few days to just placate people that think everything can be done quickly and are only interested in the current price of the coin.  You've been in this thread for awhile now but you don't seem to actually be paying attention to what's going on.  That's the only reason I can think of for some of your comments that are clearly in error.

voodoo1967

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:45:23 AM

If your that worked up about this coin you should seriously think of selling and get out of crypto this isn't for. I think  you need a different hobby. Try models or painting or some sort of activity to invest your time in for a better outcome.  Smiley
voodoo1967

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:01:23 AM

ps don't forget to sign up for reddit lmao  Grin
xX_otto_Xx

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:02:23 AM

If your that worked up about this coin you should seriously think of selling and get out of crypto this isn't for. I think  you need a different hobby. Try models or painting or some sort of activity to invest your time in for a better outcome.  Smiley

if you wasnt able to answer any of the question, why did u even speak, trying to start this FUD, why dont u try helping educated ppl in cryptro, other then making remarks to piss them off,
xX_otto_Xx

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:05:46 AM

sent u a private message viper1
voodoo1967

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:05:58 AM

now now you came in here in upset not me just email the dev  and take control of your question and ask him what concerns you its that easy. why come in the forum all screw you guys ect  putting down the coin and people . What do you think they will say to you after acting like that lol .
xX_otto_Xx

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:21:38 AM

now now you came in here in upset not me just email the dev  and take control of your question and ask him what concerns you its that easy. why come in the forum all screw you guys ect  putting down the coin and people . What do you think they will say to you after acting like that lol .

the coin has no features far as im concern the coin has no value, i bought into a fake roadmap and alot of empty words, ur comment and ur pretty lil website isnt getting anyone involved in this coin and ur reddit page looks like anyone could of set that up. but i had it with trying to find things out from a bunch of kids, that never give a str8 answer and keep misleading, look all over tweeter e1 think block rewards will be reduce friday, and you still making stupid comments, i have private message a couple of members that at least talk sense and trying to explain things, i think it better if u just keep ur comment to urself unless it simple crap, maybe u wont piss another person off that trying to get the right answers,,, I know my grammar isnt good, but I still got my dollars into this, and im not going to sell out and take a lost, without trying to find out why this is happening and why arent other concern, voodoo pls dont respond to this message and keep this Fud up, I already know u know nothing,,,,
voodoo1967

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:30:03 AM

the coin has no features far as im concern the coin has no value, i bought into a fake roadmap and alot of empty words, ur comment and ur pretty lil website isnt getting anyone involved in this coin and ur reddit page looks like anyone could of set that up. but i had it with trying to find things out from a bunch of kids, that never give a str8 answer and keep misleading, look all over tweeter e1 think block rewards will be reduce friday, and you still making stupid comments, i have private message a couple of members that at least talk sense and trying to explain things, i think it better if u just keep ur comment to urself unless it simple crap, maybe u wont piss another person off that trying to get the right answers,,, I know my grammar isnt good, but I still got my dollars into this, and im not going to sell out and take a lost, without trying to find out why this is happening and why arent other concern, voodoo pls dont respond to this message and keep this Fud up, I already know u know nothing,,,,

oh my please stop it. First of all who do you think your talking to iam not a kid lol .Second of all iam trying to help you out and told you email the dev its that simple why ask the kids as you say. plus I know more about this than you that is why iam not all panic mode like you the sky is falling lol. Plus I have more respect for the community than you ever will. You need a new hobby once you sell your ltcd heck how much you got we could buy it from to get you out of it.
xX_otto_Xx

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:38:21 AM

oh my please stop it. First of all who do you think your talking to iam not a kid lol .Second of all iam trying to help you out and told you email the dev its that simple why ask the kids as you say. plus I know more about this than you that is why iam not all panic mode like you the sky is falling lol. Plus I have more respect for the community than you ever will. You need a new hobby once you sell your ltcd heck how much you got we could buy it from to get you out of it.

Did u not understand when I said do not respond to this message, Just like a Kids, Pushing limits! Stop ur FuD! All u got to do is keep ur month shut, like i said i Private message other members, Done deal u have no answers, no reason for u to keep trying to start Fud,  So quit commentting,
voodoo1967

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:43:00 AM

now now that wasn't nice shut my mouth why that's rude just trying to get you some help that you need tired of seeing whining about this coin that's all. Like the say about btc if you cant afford to loss don't invest so either put the big boy pants on or the diaper its your choice.  Roll Eyes
mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:54:55 AM

otto is this guy so look out for more by him DO NOT LOOK at this like a legitimate source
cryptsy->    talktome    _
guys go read me post on ltcd and give it a plus 1 thanks https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=760143.msg9137733#msg9137733

and
LTCD Community is a Bunch of AssClown. Padding each other on the Back, For Crashing Coin.

otto if it where another time it would be war
you dont own a coin , but i assume you are
1 buy weak hand
2 you are a professional FUDDER , so paid by what you do
and what you do isn't nice

and p ain't nice anymore

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
Pages: « 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 [292] 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ... 406 »
  Print  

Jump to: