Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:32:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which video you like the most for LitecoinDark?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njZCeOibh_Y&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftKAUxwX7TQ&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb8ixDXwqQs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USuLSFUVY7E

Pages: « 1 ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... 406 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTCD] LitecoinDark.com ★ Scrypt ★ Difficulty Shield ★ Multipool ★ Fast  (Read 368505 times)
Tina1736

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:51:25 PM

ich halte meine alle oder kaufe noch Grin
zugvogel21

Activity: 995
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 07:57:01 PM

ich halte meine alle oder kaufe noch Grin

+1

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
zugvogel21

Activity: 995
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 07:57:26 PM

i should get some more...

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Xircom
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:09:01 PM

Guys, its not stupid to either buy or sell at this moment. Its common sense and I do not like that this threat is used for ...Keep buying..... or....Don't sell when this low.... or.... you will all regret when the price rises, it only makes this threat un-serious.
Some day traders earns a lot of money on both up-going trends and down going trends. You are able to earn the same amount of BTC both ways.
That said, its understandable that the coin goes down when the marked is at it has been the last 3-4 days.
What the Team needs from the community right now is to see through the price as we do in the team... The time will come to you all further down the road. Right now we need you all to focus on development and ideas.
We need to hear if anybody has other ideas we could add to the 2 Gen ? We have a lot of ideas our self, but 100 heads thinks better than 3, so make your heads spin.

Right now a lot of other coins are looking over our shoulders, so you have to understand we have to be careful not to be copied.
So instead of shouting all your very good ideas out in public, please do us a favor and send either main dev or me a PM with your idea.
Please, do not suggest POS and things like that, that will come before 2 Gen, so let those kinds of suggestions out of the 2 Gen.

Xircom

BTC: 1MyJmxS9ER5ZBNvpG3LhoUXGotpzbPowed
Ghost55

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:22:04 PM

Here is another option to add to the SuperNet / BlockNet discussions... Internetofcoins.org

http://internetofcoins.org/

And now there are three options so our homework just got a little bigger!!

Cheers

Ghosty
Ghost55

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:38:21 PM

Okay so do your homework and find out about all three options and tell us where your interest is...

SuperNet vs BlockNet vs InternetofCoins

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll154699x392C4d5a-6

This is not an official poll nor will any decisions be made based on the results it's just putting out feelers to see which one you guys currently feel is the best option... So take the results with a grain of salt and don't expect it to go that way in the end... There will be an official poll of the community by the Dev team when the time comes...

There is also a discussion thread going over on the Reddit site here...

Hey guys this is the new place to discuss your opinions on this matter... We have all spoken and stated our desire to be part of a wider network via SuperNet but that we before we even knew there were other options... So if the question isn't if we will join one of these networks then it now stands as which one will we join!! Have your say!!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Litecoindark/comments/2jpyvm/discussion_thread_supernet_vs_blocknet_vs/

Cheers,

Ghosty
voodoo1967

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Litecoindark Reddit Moderator

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:46:54 PM

Nice great interest and people buying awesome great things are coming iam all in  Grin
BitCoin Operated Boy

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:57:28 PM

Guys, its not stupid to either buy or sell at this moment. Its common sense and I do not like that this threat is used for ...Keep buying..... or....Don't sell when this low.... or.... you will all regret when the price rises, it only makes this threat un-serious.
Some day traders earns a lot of money on both up-going trends and down going trends. You are able to earn the same amount of BTC both ways.
That said, its understandable that the coin goes down when the marked is at it has been the last 3-4 days.
What the Team needs from the community right now is to see through the price as we do in the team... The time will come to you all further down the road. Right now we need you all to focus on development and ideas.
We need to hear if anybody has other ideas we could add to the 2 Gen ? We have a lot of ideas our self, but 100 heads thinks better than 3, so make your heads spin.

Right now a lot of other coins are looking over our shoulders, so you have to understand we have to be careful not to be copied.
So instead of shouting all your very good ideas out in public, please do us a favor and send either main dev or me a PM with your idea.
Please, do not suggest POS and things like that, that will come before 2 Gen, so let those kinds of suggestions out of the 2 Gen.

Xircom

I agree with you. Some people here tend to litter the thread, almost every day with constant trade and price reports, and pointless advices about lost/predicted investing possibilities. These posts contribute nothing to the development. We have got over 300 posts, but it seems that half of them are of this pointless type.
I am certain that most people are capable of browsing the internet to check up the trade and prices at the exchanges, so they don't need these posts.
voodoo1967

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 10:04:13 PM

what a ride yee haw lol weeeeeeeeeee Smiley
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 10:08:45 PM

I must say that the price is jumpy atm..

When 2nd gen realeases and we are the first coin to be 2nd gen, then our value will go one way..

UP UP UP UP xD

Gonna HODL ma 41k and sit back and wait.

Angora

Activity: 241

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 10:21:15 PM

Just 11 more subscribers till we hit 100... Don't miss out on your chance to win 1000LTCD! Let's push this over the top!

Cheers

Ghosty

I've subscribed using my mining name GKarB5. 
voodoo1967

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 10:33:32 PM

yes hold and be patient good thing are coming and this is just the beginning price could go to one sat and I would still hold lol not getting mine. Grin
TrollByFire

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 10:43:32 PM

It has just come to my attention that we have received emails asking if there are no more features coming prior to the 2.0 release.  This is not the case.  Honestly I have no idea why people feel some need to make assumptions like this when nothing has been said regarding it.

I am still working on the 1.x codebase, and am still implementing features from the official roadmap and whitepaper.  We are not abandoning the 1.x codebase, and have never said anything to indicate that this might be true.

2.0 is still a long way off!  I've merely stated that I'm not going to continue posting a new wallet once per week.  By slowing down, I mean to say that while I've been spending 12+ hours per day focusing on LTCD code, I cannot continue to do so.  As someone who is working as volunteer I cannot afford to spend so much time on the project.  I still plan to work on it, most likely doing at least some work every day, just not half of every day.

Remember, I'm not getting paid for this.  Yet another reason that I care not what the market is doing.

BTC: 12JYhysrpqnzqhkZ6qRY8At3G14btEwTtF
McKie

Activity: 336

Twitter: @Steven_McKie

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 10:50:50 PM

It has just come to my attention that we have received emails asking if there are no more features coming prior to the 2.0 release.  This is not the case.  Honestly I have no idea why people feel some need to make assumptions like this when nothing has been said regarding it.

I am still working on the 1.x codebase, and am still implementing features from the official roadmap and whitepaper.  We are not abandoning the 1.x codebase, and have never said anything to indicate that this might be true.

2.0 is still a long way off!  I've merely stated that I'm not going to continue posting a new wallet once per week.  By slowing down, I mean to say that while I've been spending 12+ hours per day focusing on LTCD code, I cannot continue to do so.  As someone who is working as volunteer I cannot afford to spend so much time on the project.  I still plan to work on it, most likely doing at least some work every day, just not half of every day.

Remember, I'm not getting paid for this.  Yet another reason that I care not what the market is doing.

Is PoS around the corner by chance? I'd love to put my hoard to work. Also -- OS X wallet. Create a bounty for a build!

BLK Donate: B7Pegtcz9wa9Uf5NsQLQ26HbQCBc8EmRGz
voodoo1967

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 10:56:53 PM

Yes some people want the world today and not tomorrow lol People need to just sit back and relax hold the coin and wait for stuff do get done . We have done so much since September 3rd 2014 and things continue to be getting done. If you want to make a quick bit coin then buy one lol . Holding this alt coin will pay off in the future how long I don't know but knowing I have some and a great team behind with a great community makes me happy to hold this coin. Thanks again trollybfire and devs once again  Grin
TrollByFire

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 11:35:07 PM

Is PoS around the corner by chance? I'd love to put my hoard to work. Also -- OS X wallet. Create a bounty for a build!

This week?  Not likely.  I do plan to have a minor update that I'm hoping to have ready by the end of the week, but no promises.  PoS isn't far away, most of the code is in place in my local repository, but pushing out hard fork after hard fork without any time in between is a terrible idea.  The only reason we've done so has been to address problems with the 1.0 codebase and specs that became apparent when the coin was hammered by multipools.

The OSX wallet has been requested several times, and I keep stating (and will continue stating) the same thing.  To the immediate left of me is my (broken) mac which I have simply not had time to repair.  I'm responding to this message from my primary development machine (linux) which I have only just managed to finish rebuilding.  Up until this point I've been developing on a glorified tablet/all-in-one computer due to the urgency of certain fixes and the community's unyielding demand for updates.

Warning: The following rant is strictly my opinion and does not necessarily reflect the views of the rest of the LitecoinDark team.  Under no circumstances should it be taken as an "official" stance of any real standing.

The crypto world confuses me.  It seems to be full of "investors" (many, if not most, of whom consider a "long-term" investment to be measured in days or weeks as opposed to months or years.)  In the software development industry, software undergoes extensive code review, unit testing, some standardized release schedule, and even then after every single line of changed code is reviewed, any given build is tested for weeks before it is released.  This is how quality control works.

In crypto, we don't get that luxury a lot of the time.  It seems that I can't even get a week of development time to fix a critical issue (for example the previous update lowering the block reward) before the cries of "implement the next feature!" overwhelm me.  This is why I stopped being quite so active in the forums. 

It has been known for a while that once coin rewards dropped and we lost the multipools that we would lose a lot of network hashrate.  This is why Proof-of-Stake is highly desirable.  That said, this is a major change.  It isn't going to happen overnight.  It's coming.  It's next in line, even.  But it isn't going to be immediate.

Everyone is constantly asking for the "status" of a given feature.  The CPU from the build server has barely had time to cool from the last release build, lol.  I understand that people have money "invested" in LTCD, but remember that I do not follow the markets, and I am not paid for my work on LTCD.  My time is 100% my own.  I want to see LTCD succeed, as much if not more than any of you.  This is why I "invest" my time as heavily as I do.  That said, so far LTCD's development has bought me a really good cup of coffee (thank you to whomever donated that by the way) and a small bit of fuel in my vehicle.  I'm sure you can appreciate that I have bills to pay as well, which is why instead of "fixing my mac so I can build an OSX wallet" I've spent my day UVW unwrapping, texturing, rigging, and animating character models for another project I've been working on.

I don't want anyone to get the sense that I am not thankful for this community, that simply isn't the case.  I enjoy working on LTCD and in crypto in general.  But it does not pay my bills, and unless something major happens, it won't any time soon.  Until it does, I can only work in my spare time.

With all of that said, I am brought to the next point: Creating a bounty for an OSX build.  I both really like and really dislike this idea.  First of all, it eases my own burden by allowing a community member to compile (and be rewarded for his/her efforts), however, it does not give us the opportunity to review the code used in the compile.  There is no way of verifying that the code compiled is identical to the code in the github.  Therefore, I cannot in good conscious sign and verify a community-built binary without seriously putting it through its paces with a disassembler -- if I had time for this, I'd have time to build the binary myself, and then some.

TL;DR
  • PoS: Next on the list.  Not this week.
  • The community is welcome to build an OSX wallet, but we couldn't accept it as official.

BTC: 12JYhysrpqnzqhkZ6qRY8At3G14btEwTtF
McKie

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:57:26 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2014, 12:28:27 AM by McKie

This week?  Not likely.  I do plan to have a minor update that I'm hoping to have ready by the end of the week, but no promises.  PoS isn't far away, most of the code is in place in my local repository, but pushing out hard fork after hard fork without any time in between is a terrible idea.  The only reason we've done so has been to address problems with the 1.0 codebase and specs that became apparent when the coin was hammered by multipools.

The OSX wallet has been requested several times, and I keep stating (and will continue stating) the same thing.  To the immediate left of me is my (broken) mac which I have simply not had time to repair.  I'm responding to this message from my primary development machine (linux) which I have only just managed to finish rebuilding.  Up until this point I've been developing on a glorified tablet/all-in-one computer due to the urgency of certain fixes and the community's unyielding demand for updates.

Warning: The following rant is strictly my opinion and does not necessarily reflect the views of the rest of the LitecoinDark team.  Under no circumstances should it be taken as an "official" stance of any real standing.

The crypto world confuses me.  It seems to be full of "investors" (many, if not most, of whom consider a "long-term" investment to be measured in days or weeks as opposed to months or years.)  In the software development industry, software undergoes extensive code review, unit testing, some standardized release schedule, and even then after every single line of changed code is reviewed, any given build is tested for weeks before it is released.  This is how quality control works.

In crypto, we don't get that luxury a lot of the time.  It seems that I can't even get a week of development time to fix a critical issue (for example the previous update lowering the block reward) before the cries of "implement the next feature!" overwhelm me.  This is why I stopped being quite so active in the forums.  

It has been known for a while that once coin rewards dropped and we lost the multipools that we would lose a lot of network hashrate.  This is why Proof-of-Stake is highly desirable.  That said, this is a major change.  It isn't going to happen overnight.  It's coming.  It's next in line, even.  But it isn't going to be immediate.

Everyone is constantly asking for the "status" of a given feature.  The CPU from the build server has barely had time to cool from the last release build, lol.  I understand that people have money "invested" in LTCD, but remember that I do not follow the markets, and I am not paid for my work on LTCD.  My time is 100% my own.  I want to see LTCD succeed, as much if not more than any of you.  This is why I "invest" my time as heavily as I do.  That said, so far LTCD's development has bought me a really good cup of coffee (thank you to whomever donated that by the way) and a small bit of fuel in my vehicle.  I'm sure you can appreciate that I have bills to pay as well, which is why instead of "fixing my mac so I can build an OSX wallet" I've spent my day UVW unwrapping, texturing, rigging, and animating character models for another project I've been working on.

I don't want anyone to get the sense that I am not thankful for this community, that simply isn't the case.  I enjoy working on LTCD and in crypto in general.  But it does not pay my bills, and unless something major happens, it won't any time soon.  Until it does, I can only work in my spare time.

With all of that said, I am brought to the next point: Creating a bounty for an OSX build.  I both really like and really dislike this idea.  First of all, it eases my own burden by allowing a community member to compile (and be rewarded for his/her efforts), however, it does not give us the opportunity to review the code used in the compile.  There is no way of verifying that the code compiled is identical to the code in the github.  Therefore, I cannot in good conscious sign and verify a community-built binary without seriously putting it through its paces with a disassembler -- if I had time for this, I'd have time to build the binary myself, and then some.

TL;DR
  • PoS: Next on the list.  Not this week.
  • The community is welcome to build an OSX wallet, but we couldn't accept it as official.

Thanks for the extended explanation. And trust me. I know what its like devving for a community nonstop and not having much to show for it (i.e. BlackCoin). It's crazy to have someone hounding you for developments for their investment. Its just a nature of the beast. Glad to hear PoS is next on the list. I'll stick with my virtual Windows wallet for now -- but I'd prefer to have it on my Mac side out of personal preference. Hope it rears its head one day soon.

Btw, I've reached out to CoinTelegraph in an attempt to get some news for LTCD about your interesting proof of concept with this OO modularity you got a cooking. Will keep you posted.

Also, it is possible I could do a piece for TheCoinFront and FollowTheCoin, one that would delve deeper into your OO modular based design. PM me if you would like to go more in depth and I can get some information published for awareness. Perhaps get you some dev $ support by proxy.

BitCoin Operated Boy

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 12:53:31 AM

It has just come to my attention that we have received emails asking if there are no more features coming prior to the 2.0 release.  This is not the case.  Honestly I have no idea why people feel some need to make assumptions like this when nothing has been said regarding it.

I am still working on the 1.x codebase, and am still implementing features from the official roadmap and whitepaper.  We are not abandoning the 1.x codebase, and have never said anything to indicate that this might be true.

2.0 is still a long way off!  I've merely stated that I'm not going to continue posting a new wallet once per week.  By slowing down, I mean to say that while I've been spending 12+ hours per day focusing on LTCD code, I cannot continue to do so.  As someone who is working as volunteer I cannot afford to spend so much time on the project.  I still plan to work on it, most likely doing at least some work every day, just not half of every day.

Remember, I'm not getting paid for this.  Yet another reason that I care not what the market is doing.

Yes some people want the world today and not tomorrow lol People need to just sit back and relax hold the coin and wait for stuff do get done . We have done so much since September 3rd 2014 and things continue to be getting done. If you want to make a quick bit coin then buy one lol . Holding this alt coin will pay off in the future how long I don't know but knowing I have some and a great team behind with a great community makes me happy to hold this coin. Thanks again trollybfire and devs once again  Grin

Exactly, so why have you been positng the same comments about the exchanges, prices and investing over and over again. Just sit down and relax...

yes hold and be patient good thing are coming and this is just the beginning price could go to one sat and I would still hold lol not getting mine. Grin
You have been flooding forum with posting something similiar to this almost every day for last few weeks. Sometimes more than once a day. It's been really annoying. I wouldn't be surprised if 1/3 of the posts in this thread have been yours.
This pointless comments add nothing of intellectual or educational value to this thread.
If you have been flooding Reddit with the same then it may make a lot of people reluctant to join LTCD community there.
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 01:06:04 AM

As much as I don't care for "to the moon" type talk, anyone talking about price stuff should just be left alone.  A coin needs a vibrant community talking about it all the time and that includes price talk as that leads to a vibrant market.  Without either, coins just slowly die from disinterest and it doesn't matter what sort of tech a coin comes out with.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
McKie

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 01:17:37 AM

As much as I don't care for "to the moon" type talk, anyone talking about price stuff should just be left alone.  A coin needs a vibrant community talking about it all the time and that includes price talk as that leads to a vibrant market.  Without either, coins just slowly die from disinterest and it doesn't matter what sort of tech a coin comes out with.

Agreed. People should be able to cheerlead and show enthusiasm, because without those individuals communities perish.

Pages: « 1 ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... 406 »
  Print  

Jump to: