Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:38:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer  (Read 736724 times)
JTB800

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:49:54 AM

Gold and silver are not making a comeback in that way.  Look at the Mark Dice videos on YouTube, even when Dice was offering free gold and free silver to random pedestrians he couldn't find takers for them.

People have literally no idea what silver or gold is worth.  Ask 100 people on the street what the price of 1oz in silver or gold is and most wouldn't have a clue.

IMHO if something were to become currency in a collapse then it would be bullets.  Digital currencies are more likely to survive than the current financial system as bank servers are centralized in a few places (can be taken out by EMP / looting / et cetera) versus digital currencies which are decentralized and have NODEs located all over the world.

Well, an EMP takes out everything (at this point in time). How would anything digital be helpful?

People can make bullets out of scrap with a little knowhow and blacksmithing. One cannot make gold or silver.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:03:21 AM

Any chance you can take the off-topic discussion to another thread?

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Mineotaur

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:17:12 AM

Any chance of a twitter account announcing important updates?

BTC: 37r8wbYRMPav3AU8w1D3FQmwtYenVzcbdX
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:23:02 AM

Well, you are being a critic, even if that guy commenting about garbage pick-ups deserved some crap. And, while I am as Libertarian as the next crypto investor, this thought that the dollar is doomed and yet somehow things will be OK elsewhere in the world is delusional. When the dollar goes (and yes, I think it will, if this keeps up), the whole world is going to plunge into a massive depression. Gold and silver will be the only currency that counts. Maybe Bitcoin, but even that is iffy. The average person has about as much trust in the safety (from getting hacked) of crypto as they do a used car salesman.

In the case of a world depression. Cryptocurrency will be the ONLY way of sending money from a country to an other.
Gold cannot be used as money because of it's value (too high) and it's hard to divide it into small units of value.
Silver is much better.

Any chance you can take the off-topic discussion to another thread

What else do you want to talk about ? Everything is in the first post.

Look here :

https://nxtforum.org/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=88
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 11:24:31 AM

http://supernet.answerbase.com/1078854/What-is-the-homepage-of-superNET-Does-it-have-a-Facebook-Twitter-IRC-chat
JTB800

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:40:20 AM

No. Any other questions?
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 11:41:54 AM

No. Any other questions?

It is asked nicely, so please keep this topic ontopic.
Mineotaur

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:47:28 AM

Appreciate it.

BTC: 37r8wbYRMPav3AU8w1D3FQmwtYenVzcbdX
JTB800

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:50:58 AM

No. Any other questions?

No. And for the record, I did not start the topic..
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 12:04:59 PM

No. Any other questions?

No. And for the record, I did not start the topic..

Nvm
zanzibar

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:50:57 PM

Not all things US Gov are bad, I like flushing my toilet and having my garbage picked up weekly.  Anyway, I think his point is be careful about using Poloniex for your IPO because the Gov can shut it down pretty easily.
wow, you dont have to live in garbage and the toilets actually work!
USA is a paradise indeed. Hardly anywhere else in the world has such luxuries
you probably even have hot water and electricity!

Now seriously, just how primitive do you think the rest of the world is?

James

We also have sarcasm in the US, which you don't seem to have where you live.

Still need to address Poloniex issuing IPO shares as a potential issue.
EtherCoin

Activity: 338
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:34:51 PM

Hey everybody calm the hell down, and remember that sub-topic if you wish to call it that way, was "started" by the OP answering a question, so commenting about it is not a big deal unless the WHOLE thread focus around it.

Which by the way you keep feeding with the "kindly do not go off topic" posts.

Anyway and @JTB800 I never said that if the dollar goes down the rest of the world would be ok, sure thing most markets will collapse.

What we try to say here is that (some) US citizens feels privileged because they have some basic services and praise the gov because of that, well guess what the other 90% of the countries already have these also, most of them without NSA and the such. That's all.

Now the point of this whole story goes back to James' comment where he says that the state protects its citizens LESS than the citizens think, so we should unify, reinforce, promote crypto as a solution instead of killing each others in competition.

Hence the idea of superNET.

Eth.
EtherCoin

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:41:57 PM

Not all things US Gov are bad, I like flushing my toilet and having my garbage picked up weekly.  Anyway, I think his point is be careful about using Poloniex for your IPO because the Gov can shut it down pretty easily.

James

We also have sarcasm in the US, which you don't seem to have where you live.

Still need to address Poloniex issuing IPO shares as a potential issue.

Poloniex has stated in this thread that if the case of having a significant sized IPO they would segment it and move it to cold wallets.

Eth.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:19:03 PM

Not all things US Gov are bad, I like flushing my toilet and having my garbage picked up weekly.  Anyway, I think his point is be careful about using Poloniex for your IPO because the Gov can shut it down pretty easily.

James

+1

p.s. in rest of the world many countries has free medical care

That's a joke right?

There's no such thing as a free lunch.
Honeycutt22

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:19:58 PM

Not all things US Gov are bad, I like flushing my toilet and having my garbage picked up weekly.  Anyway, I think his point is be careful about using Poloniex for your IPO because the Gov can shut it down pretty easily.

James

+1

p.s. in rest of the world many countries has free medical care

That's a joke right?

There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Yea, I always think that is funny when people say it... Someone is paying for that "free" medical care.
zanzibar

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:35:39 PM

What we try to say here is that (some) US citizens feels privileged because they have some basic services and praise the gov because of that, well guess what the other 90% of the countries already have these also, most of them without NSA and the such. That's all.

You shouldn't make this comment at all, it sounds really naive.  My comment was meant purely as a joke, hence my reference to toilets and garbage.  I don't think any US citizens involved in crypto feel they are privileged because of basic utilities.  The previous poster was stating his concern for US investors and Poloniex who is a US based company, and then we got James rant on how bad the US is without actually addressing IPO concerns for US investors, which is a valid concern.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:58:43 PM

You shouldn't make this comment at all, it sounds really naive.  My comment was meant purely as a joke, hence my reference to toilets and garbage.  I don't think any US citizens involved in crypto feel they are privileged because of basic utilities.  The previous poster was stating his concern for US investors and Poloniex who is a US based company, and then we got James rant on how bad the US is without actually addressing IPO concerns for US investors, which is a valid concern.

While I think his rant was uncalled for and quite a bit off point. He did address the issue.

"If you live in a country where this offering isn't legal, then don't invest."

Of course, for non-US investors the question of a US registered company selling a non-registered security, even if selling to non US citizens, is probably a problem. That James didn't address.
zanzibar

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:17:32 PM

Of course, for non-US investors the question of a US registered company selling a non-registered security, even if selling to non US citizens, is probably a problem. That James didn't address.

Yes, that's what I was referring to, perhaps a re-work of the IPO terms is necessary.  The poster raised some good points that should be considered so I'm not sure why there was all this negativity.
EtherCoin

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:45:03 PM

You do have a very valid point, if there is a possibility (even remote) that the gov could interfere, freeze, abort or stop the IPO in whatever form is a concern that must worry all of the potential future investors.

I guess the solution would be to do it in a decentralized environment, I am guessing NXT marketplace in first place, but that would imply everyone doing it only with that coin, which is not the most comfortable for investors, hence the decision of Polo, I am guessing (and this is my personal opinion) because their good history with this kind of events and the professionalism shown in the past, add to this that they have the means (even if I don't know exactly the details) to check on the devs, asking personal IDs and whatnot, strict rules for IPO funds withdrawals which gives more peace of mind to investors, etc.

Other solution would be doing it in VIA's ClearingHouse, but as I have been informed (due to another project I have and wish to develop in CH) is not yet cross-platform so basically is another no go for multicurrency IPO.
It would present the same problems that NXT have, in terms of rigidity of trading payment since we would have to use VIA.

So I guess we are back to the basics and is up to James' decision... Actually I don't think that he is going the wrong way with Polo but the quoted comment above worries me a bit.

Eth.
zanzibar

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:57:28 PM

You do have a very valid point, if there is a possibility (even remote) that the gov could interfere, freeze, abort or stop the IPO in whatever form is a concern that must worry all of the potential future investors.

I guess the solution would be to do it in a decentralized environment, I am guessing NXT marketplace in first place, but that would imply everyone doing it only with that coin, which is not the most comfortable for investors, hence the decision of Polo, I am guessing (and this is my personal opinion) because their good history with this kind of events and the professionalism shown in the past, add to this that they have the means (even if I don't know exactly the details) to check on the devs, asking personal IDs and whatnot, strict rules for IPO funds withdrawals which gives more peace of mind to investors, etc.

Other solution would be doing it in VIA's ClearingHouse, but as I have been informed (due to another project I have and wish to develop in CH) is not yet cross-platform so basically is another no go for multicurrency IPO.
It would present the same problems that NXT have, in terms of rigidity of trading payment since we would have to use VIA.

So I guess we are back to the basics and is up to James' decision... Actually I don't think that he is going the wrong way with Polo but the quoted comment above worries me a bit.

Eth.

James must have some sort of agreement with Poloniex, because I think SuperNet IPO is perfect for MGW/Nxt AE, I can deposit BTCD, BTC, and buy SuperNet using NxtServices client, which I have used and think it's pretty fantastic.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: