Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:33:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer  (Read 736725 times)
Continental

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:31:20 PM

The price on Nxt Ae and on Bter is exactly the same?

Where you can see which coins participate on SuperNET?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 07:32:38 PM

I do not understand how the SuperNet will work exactly! Can someone explain to me?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.msg8682182#msg8682182 is a good discussion of the SuperNET as a high tech company.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.msg8664754#msg8664754 gives details on how SuperNET tech is done. each coin's network is connected to the other coin's network by using all nodes that are on both networks as part of a decentralized gateway. The only message that is communicated using this supernetwork (similar but not identical method to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernetwork) is the peerinfo message. This might of course change, but traffic management is critical for such a large network:

Code:
struct peerinfo
{
    uint64_t srvnxtbits,pubnxtbits,corecoins[4];
    uint32_t srvipbits;
    uint16_t srvport;
    uint8_t pubkey[256>>3];
    char pubBTCD[36],pubBTC[36];
};

The pub values are used for addressing, the corecoins is a bitmap of which coins networks this node is on. The srv values are the details for the privacyServer, which is actually what the SuperNET is connecting. They act as hubs for clients to connect to and are the only node in the entire SuperNET that even knows the IP address of its clients. Even the privacyServer only knows the IP address and pubinfo for a node, so each person's privacy is protected extremely. By using a new pub address to register with a privacyServer, then it is virtually impossible to be identified by IP address snooping. Even if the privacyServer is compromised.

Now once the privacyServer can be connected together and we know all the pubaddrs each privacyServer connects to, we are forming the SuperNET via fully encrypted onion routed packets using point to point UDP. This makes it not only very difficult to determine which privacyServer is talking to which privacyServer, even if this is solved by some global internet packet analysis, all that is discovered are the privacyServers and not any details about their clients. By randomly changing from privacyServer to privacyServer, I believe some ultimate anon is possible for your IP address.

OK, so now I think you can feel the darkness that is built into the SuperNET. This is the basic transport layer that all the services use. Teleport, InstantDEX, Tradebots, Privatebet, ... these are just the client software for the SuperNET. They are all using JSON strings for commands and this of course can have any type of function that is specific to each service. SuperNET is arbitrarily extensible.

The GUI for SuperNET is an HTML GUI like the NXT GUI, but it is reskinned to make it look like the coin's GUI. They are connected by a simple "Enter SuperNET" button. Each coin address is mapped to a unique NXT address, so for user it is to click a button and to start using all the SuperNET features.

It is also possible to invoke all the SuperNET API via RPC embedded inside either the BTCD daemon or if the coin is integrating the libjl777 directly, then it would be available from the QT debug console.

Part 2.
For LTC to use BBR, there are many methods possible. It would need to do some conversions using InstantDEX and optionally Teleport to the destination and convert back. This is the purpose of Tradebots to automate such tasks and in time all of the popular usages will have a special Tradebot to take care of details.

SuperNET API calls to achieve LTC to BBR to LTC transfer
a) InstantDEX exchange LTC for BBR
b) BBR send to destination (assumes the destination has BBR addr!)
c) InstantDEX exchange BBR for LTC

In the event the destination has no BBR address:
a) InstantDEX exchange LTC for BBR
b) Teleport BBR to destination (destination does not need BBR addr!!)
c) InstantDEX exchange BBR telepod for LTC or LTC telepods

The power and flexibility of SuperNET makes it potentially as powerful as the Internet itself. This is why I am making the Tradebots language to be C. Also I am a simple C programmer

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 07:34:36 PM

I just bought TOKEN yesterday and UNITY on the asset exchange. Now james put another token there saying:

TOKEN: "thesupernet.org Official SuperNET TOKEN, latest info at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346"

WTF?!

Means i just bought nothing?!
What about the other two?

This is quite a mess and jl777 should be more clear about this assets, or put out warnings!
Official SuperNET NXT addr: NXT-MRBN-8DFH-PFMK-A4DBM
Official SuperNET TOKEN asset: 15641806960898178066
Beware of any SuperNET related asset issued by any other account

It is the first thing in OP

threecats

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:34:41 PM

it seems I will be featured in a beyond bitcoin podcast this weekend

Have you had the interview? What is the outline of the discussion: SN, BTCD and NXT I presume?
I think you must listen to the show.

if they give u the darth vadar voice filter, can u sneak in "luke u are my son" during one of your long code explanations?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 07:38:25 PM

These assets where there since a few days. It should be noted in the first post that they are scam assets.
This will probably fool a few more people, This is not ok!

you cant blame anyone here except yourself. sorry to hear that you kinda scammed yourself, but you cannot expect james to do a 24/7 research and make a list of the fake assets. stick to the official announcement. anything else is just negligence.
I realize that the NXT AE is new for many.
I propose to make a "grandfather clause" for people who purchased any scam assets before this post.
To honor their purchase with real TOKEN, but only for purchases already made.

Unless there is some big objection to the dilution this makes, the entire SuperNET will be taking care of the people who were not aware. If there are objections, then I will personally give these people my own TOKEN to makegood.

noashh, plz make a complete list of the scam tx and if you are victim of this, please contact noashh

James

coininvestor

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:38:34 PM

If it were me and I knew what coin was going to be added to Supernet before an official announcement then I would use my private funds to take a nice position in that coin  maybe even months before Supernet funds were allocated to that coin.  In other words insider trading.  So my question is how do I get on the inside.   Huh  Maybe this should be a private message I don't know.
M0791R

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:40:16 PM

It's time to move some of my NXT and BCTD investment to Bter account
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:40:42 PM

If it were me and I knew what coin was going to be added to Supernet before an official announcement then I would use my private funds to take a nice position in that coin  maybe even months before Supernet funds were allocated to that coin.  In other words insider trading.  So my question is how do I get on the inside.   Huh  Maybe this should be a private message I don't know.

Yeah I might even invest if you got insider information . . . . seems like it'd be kinda shitty to hodlers of said coin tho
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 07:41:40 PM

1. I can transfer this token from NXT AE to BTER and back?

2. At launch there would be a wallet which includes every coin inserted in the SuperNET?
bter is locking the TOKEN, so no transfers of it. They might be allowing sales though, so I think you can change your mind if you want to, or I guess you could buy the first day and be making 14% on the last day. Never though of this until now.
If there are enough TOKEN arbitrageurs, it is possible that some bonus is available for the entire duration

It is no guaranteed 15% so, dont go buying 100 BTC on the first day!
The risk is that after two weeks there are no buyers, so your "guaranteed" 15% is not something that is guaranteed.

Let us not try to be greedy, there is plenty for everyone

James

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 07:43:45 PM

1. I can transfer this token from NXT AE to BTER and back?

2. At launch there would be a wallet which includes every coin inserted in the SuperNET?
not at launch
you will need to trust me to make sure the tech is done
also, I am not GUI guy, so you need to trust me to be able to get the GUI guys to do what is needed
longzai1988 has done great work with the MGW GUI and making good progress
all SuperNET core coins will of course be featured in their best possible modes
The more people that are using a CORE coin, the more traffic they are making and the more revenue share for the coin's community

James

BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 08:01:35 PM

What is the best to do? Buying on Bter or buy trough NXT AE?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 08:34:55 PM

jl777, are there any other developers working on this? ... what happens when you walk under a train after all the ICO funds have been transferred?
yes there are other devs, but not to the main parts
the open source is the best protection and there are many coders much better than me that can easily take over, or probably refactor and make it better is what they will do. So, at worst some months of delay. I wrote this in about four months time, so even a total refactor shouldnt take more than several months.

The best protection is that I will make sure to avoid trains! and buses! Smiley

I am working on the best way to keep the funds safe. The 1% I think it is small enough, I will personally manage it from a bter acct. The 99%, these are some bigger issues and I like the Xapo it seems to be well funded and professional and non-USA corp. So, the plan is to get a list of a few dozen trusted members from the NXT, BTCD and BTC community to act as one of the multisig keyholders. I would have a key as backup and BTER will have the third key.

All expenditures that are following the SuperNET "business as usual" things are released when the proper request is made. Such a request will of course be documented and in case of time sensitivity disclosed after the time sensitivity. In case it is not time sensitive, I would probably just post here, "please send X to Y for Z as per the standard procedure" Nothing to fancy, just so that everyone knows where the money is going and for what.

For the unusual things, say we are thinking of buying a small software dev company. It is profitable so the expectation is that it is a good investment, especially with the new tech, but this is not standard procedure. I would post the details of the proposed deal, we have a NXT based Voting System. The results are on the blockchain and posted here. I would then declare it as passed or not. If passed, the key holders approve the funds sending.

For those are familiar with corporate spending process, it is very similar procedure. There are purchase orders for XYZ and this is approved to a certain amount. Then if there is submitted that paperworks that show that XYZ is being done, then the appropriate payment is sent, the authorized amount in the purchase order is decreased.

So, the management of funds, this is done everyday with billions of dollars. For us to be managing some few millions of dollars is just a matter of making an efficient procedure that is secure. I do not like to be handling the money myself. Also, with such a procedure, there will be a time for people other than myself to be having the good idea for money making and the SuperNET will be able to decide if it agrees with the proposal. Since it takes money to make money and SuperNET will have money, it is quite possible SuperNET's user proposed money making projects are making more money than many other parts of SuperNET. This is the power of decentralization.

The best idea wins

There are no govt officials to say that if it is called a "token" it is is ok, but if it is called "crypto" it is not ok. Or, you didnt put the comma in the right place so this form of 20 pages that you spent hours on is rejected. etc.

I am not liking the red tape. I like the making of money better.

So, if there is a way for making the money, then it is proposed (probably need to be having somebody to filter the garbage proposals, do not waste the time of SuperNET or I would have to treat that person as a troll. we know what happens to trolls here). If I am not feeling strongly about it either way, I might not even comment on it. If I do feel it is good, then I would post my advices. If I am against it, I will probably make fun of it, we dont want to be funding any snot kittens (somebody must post the link to the snot kittens) even though they are quite cute and funny.

Now some things are illegal in some countries. It seems that SuperNET might be considered such, so if you are in such a country then I am afraid I have to recommend to you for not the getting of TOKEN, I do not want you to get in trouble. As I cannot be held responsible for what your fiat masters are doing to you, please do your homeworks to avoid any legal troubles. We cant have SuperNET doing anything illegal.

Anyway, with hundreds of countries and hundreds of sets of laws, is there anything that is actually legal in all of them? I have no idea and I dont think that is the proper hurdle. Otherwise all that is possible is, nothing. I think a more common sense way is to think about the SuperNET community. It is very big. Now some of you are using the drugs and these things some countries are putting the people in jail for many years, in other countries it is totally legal! In USA of course, we are having some states with people in jail for mariuajana for 25 years while in some other state, people with a prescription from their doctor is getting the absolute best quality stuff. But, I have been accused of the too much USA bashing, so I will refrain from any more commentary on this, for now.

So, this issue drugs is quite controversial and also dependent on the actual drug. The naturally occuring ones that are used by the "primitive" people (who are actually VERY advanced in the area of spirituality and other "primitive" things) for the ceremonies that are actually tapping in to the universe's energy, well who is to object to this? But, some people are using these exact same drugs regularly and turning them selves into a snot kitten. It is not cute at all when grown people are doing such things and the behavior they are exhibiting. I think what the people are not liking are the irresponsible drug use and not the drugs themselves. If only there is a way to make being irresponsible against the law! But of course, that is the freedom that is so important as once you let any govt dictate what is and isnt irresponsible behavior, then ANYTHING could be made illegal. In the guise of "protecting its citizens" a govt can pass a zillion laws to define all sorts of things as illegal.

What about the exceptions? There are always exceptions.

"Thou shalt not cross the crosswalk when the light is red"

OK, so the above is a common thing for most countries. Thankfully almost universally red means stop, though the go color is not always green. What is the punishment for breaking this law? Death? Well, certainly not, but that could be the result if you are not careful! Should there always be a punishment for a clear violation of the law? I dont think so, for every well meaning law, I can most likely come up with an exception that most would agree should be acceptable. For the one above, most of you can also. Like, what if there are no cars in any direction for many kilometers. The "no harm, no foul" philosophy. The point of this law is to prevent accidents, so if there is no chance for an accident, then the law should have no power. To me and many others this makes sense. Actually if you look at people in most all countries, the moment they are seeing they can get to the other side without being hit by a car, they are racing to the other side Smiley

I know you have done this too. I am "guilty" of this also. Now when I was in China where there are many people in the cities, I observed the "Chinese rule" for the crossing of streets. This is not universal and I can never see it happening in Sweden where they are very much obedient to the traffic rules. So, in China there are literally hundreds or even a thousand people who want to get to the other side. At some point, counting on the alertness of the drivers, one person starts crossing and then everybody else is following and the traffic lights they are blinking and changing and it has no relevance at all. When everybody is doing it, that is the law.

So let us get back to the question of what is legal and what is not. I claim it all depends on the exact specific situation. Now, the fiat method is to have ex-lawyers called politicians to make 100 pages to describe every possible thing they can think of about crossing the road. [I cant resist, what actually happens is ex-lawyers called lobbyists are promoting their client's interests and making sure the languages of the law is as favorable to their client as possible and all these 100 pages they are mostly cut and paste from the sum of all the lobbyists from all the politicos] OK, so now we have this thing it is of course immediately passed to save all the children from becoming the roadkill as nobody can object to this. Then people are being arrested for the crossing when yellow without the nike shoes [nike got an exemption for all their running shoes, so nike runners can run through when yellow, but only nike gets the yellow light exemption!]. Of course this leads to great competition by nike's competitors and they are making some big trial so that their shoes can also be exempted or at least remove this advantage from nike. 14 different trials are started and with mixed results. Now there are the case law precedents for whichever side you want to argue. meanwhile new laws are being passed to make all crosswalks totally illegal and turn all of them into overpass bridges. We have to protect the citizens. Funding for the save the children overpasses is having some troubles to find the 3 trillion USD.

Now, I see this, you see this, but we mostly just laugh (or cry) to see the "civilized" countries citizens handing over their responsibility to decide what is right and what is wrong to the "legal process" As if the legal process has anything to do with what is right or what is wrong. If you think the fiat legal process is working, then please do not be getting any TOKEN or SuperNET, please. I want to have people that are not relying on the fiat mentality for their lives.

SuperNET is from the crypto world. We are global. We transcend any nation. We are connected to each other. We can decide for ourselves what is right and what is wrong using common sense and compassion!

So, this is my answer. If using the common sense and compassion the SuperNET owners are deciding that something should be done, then I declare that it is legal. I think if we can declare SuperNET to be its own micronation, then the fiat lawyers then can even make my declaration to be legal in the fiat world. I think there could be some advantages for this, so I would like to allocate some very small part of the funds raised toward this. Let us say 0.01% of the funds raised will be used for costs to get SuperNET and its assetholders as legal citizens of a formally recognized micronation. I know some of you more than 0.01% of the funds raised should be used. We can always make a separate donation address for this if you want so.

I declare that SuperNET can decide what is right and what is wrong using a decentralized global process combined with common sense and compassion.

James

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 08:41:34 PM

James, will there be a group of people who are in charge of unity or is it you alone?

What happens if you disappear?
My goal is to become obsolete as soon as possible.
I am helping to get the initial structure in place
already there are half a dozen people
I hope for dozens more
Once there are the better devs to take over my codings and the better marketers to take over my marketings and the better financiers to take over my financings and the better traders to take over my tradings, then I will take a vacation.

If a monkey is not able to do the remaining things that are left for me to do, then I am failing.
I do not like to fail, so this is my goal

SuperNET is so big, no single person should have any power over it.
The best idea should always win. I am a generalist, so I see good ideas in all areas, that is all. In every area there are specialists who are ten times more experienced and smarter than me, so for all the SuperNET decidings at some point the right specialists are making this.

The big money decisions, this is made by SuperNET itself from the decentralized voting weighed by how much SuperNET you have.

James

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:51:41 PM

These assets where there since a few days. It should be noted in the first post that they are scam assets.

you cant blame anyone here except yourself. sorry to hear that you kinda scammed yourself, but you cannot expect james to do a 24/7 research and make a list of the fake assets. stick to the official announcement. anything else is just negligence.
I propose to make a "grandfather clause" for people who purchased any scam assets before this post.

Unless there is some big objection to the dilution this makes, the entire SuperNET will be taking care of the people who were not aware. If there are objections, then I will personally give these people my own TOKEN to makegood.

noashh, plz make a complete list of the scam tx and if you are victim of this, please contact noashh

James

Scam asset issuer could have bought scam assets from himself with other accounts to make it look legit, like scammers did in the past. He'd get assets for free (minus NXT transaction fees) when there is a makegood, or am I wrong?

I agree. We should not be compensating people that acted stupidly....

There might be a rush from the scammers to buy their own assets....Dont set this precident.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 08:52:49 PM

has anyone ever used bitgo?
I have and its pretty good Smiley

I have been trying to build a similar service with some improvements but the going rates for anything bitcoin dev has been atrocious. No offense Tongue
I work for food and lattes Smiley

Considering your net worth of 4000 BTC in crypto, all I can say, I certainly wont be able to afford those "food and latte" too Tongue .

That said, couple of queries/suggestions:
1. BITGO has a paid service for "enterprise" level wallets. I have not tried it so I am not sure what kind of extra layered security is in place for that. If you are considering them for multi sig addresses.

2. Now most of the people already know you/your work with NXT. I first heard about you when I was reading up on the BTSX in wallet exchange where they have put in markets pegged (to use their lingo) to BTSX. Someone mentioned about Supernet and how it will have a market effectively trading every crypto joins to any other crypto. So the query is: how different/similar is this idea to the BTSX exchange market?

3. As I said, I am not overly familiar with your work but I do see the long list of project you are into. Thats one huge list man Smiley
Many of them have been open source basis, I presume? So I was wondering if you could list out the projects which you are currently working on/are in the pipeline? The reason is I really want to know how busy you really are? We normally have the best of intentions when taking on a project but things fall apart some times because of an issue encountered with another projects. I also think it will help in disclaimering your already fully disclaimered pdf Smiley You can probably add "expect a bit of delay"/"don't bitch if the initial date is pushed" to your list.
The btsx holographic peg experiment is proceeding so far as I have expected. I am worried that my full prediction will come to pass, so I am not spending efforts on understanding the details. I have been too busy for such extra research. Please do not ask about my opinions on this, you can search forums and find my postings

I posted a few posts back the layered structure of my projects. they are all one big project with most of them being applications written on top of the SuperNET layer. the source codes are here for a recent version: github.com/jl777/libjl777 I have not put all the things into libjl777 yet, I guess only about half of the 40,000 lines are in there for now, but this is just lack of time for housekeeping. The SuperNET launch is delaying me by about a week, I estimate a full month of debugging to get all except the Privatebet into a beta release. Maybe I am only able to work halftime on the debugging, so with only 50 hours a week, then it could be taking two months. So I think the timeframes of yearend for all but Privatebet and 6 months for things to get up to speed is reasonable.

I ask for forgiveness if I am not meeting this schedule with exact precision, I am finding that there is much time spent recently on the 100+ PM's I am getting every day. I do not know how much longer I can continue to answer every PM. If it is OK for me to ignore the PM's of low content, then that will increase the time I have for coding.

so please do not send me a PM until you are reading this thread, thesupernet.org and asked on the thread. Everybody can help this poor monkey from menial work if you are making the right answers on the thread. Then if you can refrain to ask me in PM, you can ask me on the thread.

SuperNET should be the best idea for everything, the best answer for every question, the best mind for each post. I thank you for your assistance.

James

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 08:54:14 PM

Why on all fucking earth would you go with BTER!? Since they are so well regarded in the NXT community...  Roll Eyes

They have practiced similar scenarios before and they are Chinese; less inclined to legal limits Polo is experiencing right now.

I can believe that a Chinese company has fewer legal limits than an American Company.  LOL
Unfortunately, the USA protecting their citizens from all possible dangers is making for a very dependent citizenry
by 2040, well, it is still not certain, so let us remain optimistic!

r3animation

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:56:03 PM

James

Scam asset issuer could have bought scam assets from himself with other accounts to make it look legit, like scammers did in the past. He'd get assets for free (minus NXT transaction fees) when there is a makegood, or am I wrong?

I agree. We should not be compensating people that acted stupidly....

There might be a rush from the scammers to buy their own assets....Dont set this precident.

I feel bad for those who got scammed. I really do. But we should not compensate for their rashness.

They just needed to read the first 3 lines on the first post on this thread.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 09:11:03 PM

The price on Nxt Ae and on Bter is exactly the same?
I am too lazy to keep updating
Bter is my friend and I like to help my friends
so I will out lazy price on NXT AE and you should get the best price from Bter

Bter helped the NXT community recover significant portion from the klee heist.

I cannot think of any other major (or minor) exchange that would have done such a thing.

Imaging cryptsy doing any such helping? I am waiting for many weeks now to withdraw my BTCD from them. Then did 75% but the last part it is still stuck. It started as $50K worth of BTCD that was stuck. Even though they did get me most of it, the remaining amount is now still worth almost $50K! The BTCD is gaining in value faster than cryptsy can process my withdraw for it. So, while they are making me wait, they did seem to be working hard, but for having no backup process and to be taking down production wallets, this is not such good planning. I have no evidence that cryptsy is having financial problems, the problem seems that they are having many technical issues, but I am just guessing. They eventually just cancelled my withdraw request and I will probably have to start the withdraw for the third time. But I am not having time to waste, to keep waiting and not staking my lost BTCD is sad, but at this point until they are telling me they can handle the withdraw I wont waste my time.

Now BTER, they are active in helping in doing the right thing. Any USA company would have had to talk to their lawyers if they could do the right thing, as maybe it would have been illegal. In USA legality trumps whatever is right or wrong. In other countries it is good that there is some sense of hope left. The most important thing about BTER is that they have integrity. this is critical in this new world. If you cannot make an agreement with someone and trust them to honor it, then they are not reliable for the crypto world.

A man's honor is the most important in crypto.
I an agreement is made, it is honored.

Bter was hacked for a large amount. They paid to get back most of it. They promised to repay every single NXT. They do have a 1% withdraw rate on just the NXT, but this is a practical thing to slow down the withdraw as they are needing just a bit of time to make some profits to recover the rest. Also, this 1% is on the high side, but this is the same as the discounted(!) price for one of the competing NXT exchanges. Also, they have turned down offers of no interest loans from NXT community whales. I am confident that they will pay all the stolen NXT and with them hosting the SuperNET, it could be very quickly.

I was sad to seen many in the NXT community to abandon bter or even be accusing them. So I am feeling the similar feelings I had for BBR and I wanted to help bter recover. When freeworm is contacting me to wanting to help with SuperNET for no charge. this showed to me that bter is unique among the exchanges. What other exchange do you know of to offer to host a large ICO for no charge, when they have just suffered a large loss and are still recouping?

I am thinking of no other. The refusing of the easy path and doing what is right and paying back all the stolen amounts, regardless of how difficult it is. This is a story of great honor and I am proud to be working alongside them!

James

PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:12:42 PM

Why on all fucking earth would you go with BTER!? Since they are so well regarded in the NXT community...  Roll Eyes

They have practiced similar scenarios before and they are Chinese; less inclined to legal limits Polo is experiencing right now.

I can believe that a Chinese company has fewer legal limits than an American Company.  LOL
Unfortunately, the USA protecting their citizens from all possible dangers is making for a very dependent citizenry
by 2040, well, it is still not certain, so let us remain optimistic!

The registration of securities has been a requirement in the US since 1933 and I really don't see it as a bad thing. Is a government protecting their citizens such a bad thing? Sure, they can go overboard, but I don't think this item does. All registration does is ensure the investors have adequate verifiable information about what they are investing in. This is probably no more than most investors would want anyway.

http://www.sec.gov/answers/regis33.htm

Also, private offerings are perfectly legal as long as the investors are qualified and most states allow a certain number of unqualified investors for a private placement.

I'm surprised also that Polo trades JHL which can probably be considered a security as well. Although I think JHL could be considered a crypto asset, or coin just as easily as a security. There is a very fine line.
mrs_snow

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:14:53 PM

What is the best to do? Buying on Bter or buy trough NXT AE?

I would prefer the AE. So I have my purchased assets under control.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: