Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:57:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer  (Read 736725 times)
bitdraw

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:00:21 PM

So I want to understand "SuperNet" better - so please do not think I am here trolling or whatever.  My questions are serious.

So supernet seems to be like a "Stock" that represents a "group of coins" which are all part of this "stock" - the goal of this stock is to have all these coins within, work together, share ideas, share benefits on advert costs - basically share to the point of becoming a better crypto space?  and so on ?   (please correct me if I am totally wrong)

So I am trying to get my head around lets say if this was a supernet for "motor indusrty" - so lets say we had ford, GM, toytoa, mazada, etc... what benefit would these companies have in joining a auto supercar company.  Whereby, the autospercar companies goal was to make the auto companies within, work together, share ideas, share buildings, share parts, share revenue streams adn advertisements.  What benefit would that have to each of these auto companies ?   and why does such a thing not exist for the auto industry ?

It would appear to me, that investors who are investing in supernet are making an investment in a comapny whose goal is to try and get competing brands to cooperate for the greater good of crypto, or or the greater good of car companies (lets say).   

So serious question, why if, if I really believed in Ford, would I not just invest in Ford.   Why would I invest in a company that claims to ensure that Ford works nicely with Honda?   Why would I increase this "umbrella" companies marketcap instead of increasing Fords market cap - considering I believe heavily in Ford?

These are all serious questions - please reply with serious response only, I really am trying to wrap my head around this supernet idea.  thank you for your time.

there are cooperations within the auto industry, the only difference is it is not under a global supercar company umbrella. some benefits are that they can share technology and have increased lobbying power when it comes to legislation.

although i think its hard to compare those industries.. the clear benefit here is, that you can transfer between the coins, they all can use a decentralized exchange system, it distinguishes crap coins from coins that actually have a potential. The crypto space is very "chaotic", thats why i welcome an initiative like this..
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:04:02 PM

So I want to understand "SuperNet" better - so please do not think I am here trolling or whatever.  My questions are serious.

So supernet seems to be like a "Stock" that represents a "group of coins" which are all part of this "stock" - the goal of this stock is to have all these coins within, work together, share ideas, share benefits on advert costs - basically share to the point of becoming a better crypto space?  and so on ?   (please correct me if I am totally wrong)

So I am trying to get my head around lets say if this was a supernet for "motor indusrty" - so lets say we had ford, GM, toytoa, mazada, etc... what benefit would these companies have in joining a auto supercar company.  Whereby, the autospercar companies goal was to make the auto companies within, work together, share ideas, share buildings, share parts, share revenue streams adn advertisements.  What benefit would that have to each of these auto companies ?   and why does such a thing not exist for the auto industry ?

It would appear to me, that investors who are investing in supernet are making an investment in a comapny whose goal is to try and get competing brands to cooperate for the greater good of crypto, or or the greater good of car companies (lets say).   

So serious question, why if, if I really believed in Ford, would I not just invest in Ford.   Why would I invest in a company that claims to ensure that Ford works nicely with Honda?   Why would I increase this "umbrella" companies marketcap instead of increasing Fords market cap - considering I believe heavily in Ford?

These are all serious questions - please reply with serious response only, I really am trying to wrap my head around this supernet idea.  thank you for your time.

there are cooperations within the auto industry, the only difference is it is not under a global supercar company umbrella. some benefits are that they can share technology and have increased lobbying power when it comes to legislation.

although i think its hard to compare those industries.. the clear benefit here is, that you can transfer between the coins, they all can use a decentralized exchange system, it distinguishes crap coins from coins that actually have a potential. The crypto space is very "chaotic", thats why i welcome an initiative like this..

You can transfer between the coins?  Bitcoin already allows this.. you can transfer any coin into bitcoin and back out to any other coin via any exchange (no) ? Why do we need a supernet (stock)  which is jsut a Nxt stock... to do this?  Bitcoin already is the supernet embracing all the other coins.   The dectenralized exchange built within some of the alt coins could be used already regardless if a coins part of supernet or not...  (again not trolling , but really where is the benefit in INVESTNG in supernet?)
torshammer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:10:14 PM

Good questions.

I think the best way to look at it is to exagerate for a minute the difference between ford, toyta, and gm.  say toyota makes mainly commuter economy cars, ford is more the go to company for heavy trucks, whereas gm aims more at family cars.

It makes way more sense for these companies to begin sharing distribution, economies of scale, trade representatives to foreign countries etc, all the while not trying to become like one another. They can share a salesroom in Germany, and have a car model for every buyer.

Today's crypto situation is analogous. Some coins have a mini blockchain. Others are great at sms anon. Others aim at being 'real world' coins with publically known staff, etc.

One of the functions of the supernet is to establish a network effect among these  coins without the coins giving up their own identities.  In addition,participating coins gain the benefits of the network - anon coins may pick up a fiat gateway. Fiat friendly coins can have access to anon teleporting for certain transactions. All coins benefit by being able to move effortlessly from one blockchain to another. Like the federal highway program. Etc. etc.

Better than the auto industry might be socio political examples,like the EU, or robber baron examples, like the steel industry gaining power over politicians by working together. Or even crime cartels, who have no love for each other but find it quite profitable to work together.

I am sure others can give better examples than these.
torshammer

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:12:43 PM

You can transfer between the coins?  Bitcoin already allows this.. you can transfer any coin into bitcoin and back out to any other coin via any exchange (no) ? Why do we need a supernet (stock)  which is jsut a Nxt stock... to do this?  Bitcoin already is the supernet embracing all the other coins.   The dectenralized exchange built within some of the alt coins could be used already regardless if a coins part of supernet or not...  (again not trolling , but really where is the benefit in INVESTNG in supernet?)

2 important differences: the exchange process in Supernet is decentralized ( no exchange) and the transfers in supernet move between blockchains in a manner that leaves no tracks to follow.
mcjavar

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:14:11 PM

Why did the price go down to 121Nxt for a token?
torshammer

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:15:01 PM

Price of NXt has been rising so this is reflected in the exchange price.
bitcad4u

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:17:43 PM

Good questions.

I think the best way to look at it is to exagerate for a minute the difference between ford, toyta, and gm.  say toyota makes mainly commuter economy cars, ford is more the go to company for heavy trucks, whereas gm aims more at family cars.

It makes way more sense for these companies to begin sharing distribution, economies of scale, trade representatives to foreign countries etc, all the while not trying to become like one another. They can share a salesroom in Germany, and have a car model for every buyer.

Today's crypto situation is analogous. Some coins have a mini blockchain. Others are great at sms anon. Others aim at being 'real world' coins with publically known staff, etc.

One of the functions of the supernet is to establish a network effect among these  coins without the coins giving up their own identities.  In addition,participating coins gain the benefits of the network - anon coins may pick up a fiat gateway. Fiat friendly coins can have access to anon teleporting for certain transactions. All coins benefit by being able to move effortlessly from one blockchain to another. Like the federal highway program. Etc. etc.

Better than the auto industry might be socio political examples,like the EU, or robber baron examples, like the steel industry gaining power over politicians by working together. Or even crime cartels, who have no love for each other but find it quite profitable to work together.

I am sure others can give better examples than these.

I do understand what you are saying - in some instances it is worthwhile to "share" between companies.   In the end though to me,  I am throwing my money into a company that is promising that the companies within are "going to share" - I am not throwing my money into the company I believe in that has the most unique features.  

What authority does JL777 hve to enforce each company within it to share?   If supernet can not enforce sharing then I do not see the point... supernet can not enforce these policies is more or less promising these features.  I can not invest in promises. There has to be more to it than this ? no ?
mcjavar

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:20:19 PM

But if I would have my money in Nxt, it would have gone up 10-15%. As I have it in Tokens, it didn´t move.
The price of Nxt is not adjusted if the price of BTC moves. So what is the idea behind this? :-/
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:21:47 PM

@bitcad4u,
my idea is SuperNET just gives you exposure to different coins and technologies it is going to incorporate without having to research and own them. You basically buy the index fund of SuperNET and let others worry about making it profitable. Which has its pros and cons. I wouldn't invest a whole bunch, but staying out of it could be missing an opportunity.
bitdraw

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:22:03 PM

You can transfer between the coins?  Bitcoin already allows this.. you can transfer any coin into bitcoin and back out to any other coin via any exchange (no) ? Why do we need a supernet (stock)  which is jsut a Nxt stock... to do this?  Bitcoin already is the supernet embracing all the other coins.   The dectenralized exchange built within some of the alt coins could be used already regardless if a coins part of supernet or not...  (again not trolling , but really where is the benefit in INVESTNG in supernet?)

as i said, the exchange is decentralized which is a huge difference, at least to me.

and ofc bitcoin "embraces" the other coins, but supernet is planning to add coins with real potential, which basically gives you a prefiltering of coins.

i see it a little bit like a big physical fruit market, where everyone who wants to enter needs to meet certain quality standards.
also if anyone finds a new method to store fruit better or enhance something etc... they share it among the other fruit sellers.
people who shop on the market can be sure to not buy complete crap and they can choose if the want apples, oranges,...

the ones who organize the market and take care of the quality control etc. take a little of the profit for doing so.

please dont judge me on details...
valarmg

Activity: 237

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:22:43 PM

Using your car model. We aren't taking about joining together Ford, GM etc. We are talking about joining together an engine manufacturer, and a chasis maker and a car electronics company, and then when they are all together they can make cars that can start to compete with Ford,GM etc.

Say you have bitcoin, but need a feature that another coin has. You can send your bitcoin to an exchange, buy the new coin, download the new coin's wallet, transfer the new coin from the exchange to your new wallet, then use the feature you wanted.
OR:
Download your superNet-enhanced bitcoin wallet, and from that wallet click a button to use the feature you wanted. (In the background the superNet will convert to the new coin, but you won't have to worry about that.) Sound like something useful?
bitdraw

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:24:31 PM

But if I would have my money in Nxt, it would have gone up 10-15%. As I have it in Tokens, it didn´t move.
The price of Nxt is not adjusted if the price of BTC moves. So what is the idea behind this? :-/

i think the price is denominated in btc, so if u convert the shares back to nxt and back to btc u end up with the same amount of btc.
valarmg

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:26:06 PM

The price of buying into the ICO is fixed in BTC terms.

The value of the assets within superNet (like Nxt) have gone up, so once the ICO is over, then you'll see the true value of superNET which will likely be a lot higher than the ICO selling price.

So the value of your TOKEN has gone up, but you won't find out by how much until the end of the ICO.
torshammer

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:27:27 PM

It is not the coins who are sharing. It is the users of different coins who are free to move from blockchain to blockchain through a shared GUI, accessible by a button in the individual coin's wallet. If they chose to remain within their own coin's ecosystem / wallet, that's ok.

There is no force involved. However, there is much profit incentive built in to reward devs who work together and anyone who wants to build a product to be avaialable to the community through the shared gui. That's what the incubator portion of the ico is there for.

Say i have a great idea about how my favorite mini blockchain coin can allow smart contracts to be built on a cellphone in 2 minutes or less, with confirmation in 10 seconds. This sort of app functionality combining two or three coins could be very profitable for a couple of devs from different coins who decide to make it available through the GUI.

Say I have an idea for a reputation system based on proof of burn. I can implement this idea in a small marketplace through the GUI and be up and running in a dozen coins.

Just a couple ideas.
bitcad4u

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:28:41 PM

@bitcad4u,
my idea is SuperNET just gives you exposure to different coins and technologies it is going to incorporate without having to research and own them. You basically buy the index fund of SuperNET and let others worry about making it profitable. Which has its pros and cons. I wouldn't invest a whole bunch, but staying out of it could be missing an opportunity.

so, I am correct then that supernet is an umbrell company - an investment in supernet is an investment in umbrella corp, umbrella corps idea is to get friends within to cooperate and share, yet umbrella corp has no means or authority / protocols / laws to enforce the sharing?

Im out.  unless someone can give me better ideas as to why I should be in.   This whole thing sounds like a FAD.  Like poptarts, pogs, napster, furbys and fannypacks.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:31:34 PM

@bitcad4u,

so, I am correct then that supernet is an umbrell company - an investment in supernet is an investment in umbrella corp, umbrella corps idea is to get friends within to cooperate and share, yet umbrella corp has no means or authority / protocols / laws to enforce the sharing?

Im out.  unless someone can give me better ideas as to why I should be in.   This whole thing sounds like a FAD.  Like poptarts, pogs, napster, furbys and fannypacks.

Sharing of what? SuperNET makes features of one coin accessible to other coins, decentrally. At least that's how it's explained. I only outlined the benefits from an investor's perspective. See torshammer's post above. But you may be right, maybe this idea won't fly, so don't invest a fortune.
bitcad4u

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:32:33 PM

You can transfer between the coins?  Bitcoin already allows this.. you can transfer any coin into bitcoin and back out to any other coin via any exchange (no) ? Why do we need a supernet (stock)  which is jsut a Nxt stock... to do this?  Bitcoin already is the supernet embracing all the other coins.   The dectenralized exchange built within some of the alt coins could be used already regardless if a coins part of supernet or not...  (again not trolling , but really where is the benefit in INVESTNG in supernet?)

as i said, the exchange is decentralized which is a huge difference, at least to me.

and ofc bitcoin "embraces" the other coins, but supernet is planning to add coins with real potential, which basically gives you a prefiltering of coins.

i see it a little bit like a big physical fruit market, where everyone who wants to enter needs to meet certain quality standards.
also if anyone finds a new method to store fruit better or enhance something etc... they share it among the other fruit sellers.
people who shop on the market can be sure to not buy complete crap and they can choose if the want apples, oranges,...

the ones who organize the market and take care of the quality control etc. take a little of the profit for doing so.

right then... so you need to ask - what athority and governing does supernet have over quality control?  if supernet says "YOU cant do this"  does the coin within stop doin it?      sounds to my like jl7777 has absolute NO authority over anything within.  No power..  Only promises ... promises it cant enforce
valarmg

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:34:25 PM

I do understand what you are saying - in some instances it is worthwhile to "share" between companies.   In the end though to me,  I am throwing my money into a company that is promising that the companies within are "going to share" - I am not throwing my money into the company I believe in that has the most unique features. 

What authority does JL777 hve to enforce each company within it to share?   If supernet can not enforce sharing then I do not see the point... supernet can not enforce these policies is more or less promising these features.  I can not invest in promises. There has to be more to it than this ? no ?

What do you mean decide not to share? Say superNET wants bitcoin to be part of the superNET (not as a core coin.). What does superNET do? It creates a bitcoin wallet that allows access to the superNET. So from the bitcoin wallet, bitcoin users will be able to use teleport, asset exchange etc. and other superNET functions. If bitcoin users like the ability, then they'll download the supernet-enhanced bitcoin wallet and start using it. There's no need to ask for permission to share.
bitdraw

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:35:17 PM

right then... so you need to ask - what athority and governing does supernet have over quality control?  if supernet says "YOU cant do this"  does the coin within stop doin it?      sounds to my like jl7777 has absolute NO authority over anything within.  No power..  Only promises ... promises it cant enforce

the guess the authority would be "sell your fruits somewhere else" Wink

i really got into a defenders position here, which i absolutely dont want as i am not involved in supernet. i just tried to explain what i think superNet does provide..

anyways, gl on your further research here!
torshammer

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:35:36 PM

@bitcad4u,

Im out.  unless someone can give me better ideas as to why I should be in.   This whole thing sounds like a FAD.  Like poptarts, pogs, napster, furbys and fannypacks.

It indeed has a protocol. That is the essence of the supernet, that the jl777 lib acts like a coupling mechanism that allows all the coins to function together.

And none of the coins want some "power" or "enforcement". No one would be joining this enterprise if it depended on that. The motivation is network advantage, pure and simple. Some see this network advantage can strengthen their coin.Others see that being able to move smoothly between blockchains is a revoutionary step forward in crypto. Some see that being able to teleport any coin between blockchains is a game changer. Some simply see that networking crypto hastens the day when crypto will replace fiat.

But nobody is looking for, or wants "enforcement".
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: